Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Man I wish Assault Rifles werent so bad. Would 1 less ap to fire be enough of a gimmick for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dandywalken posted:

Man I wish Assault Rifles werent so bad. Would 1 less ap to fire be enough of a gimmick for them?

That would turn them into flatly better Pistols.

They just need a small damage bump or to get an increase to like 5 shots per burst. There are a few ARs that have that and feel pretty good to use, specifically the endgame energy ones. Just make that baseline.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If you're not bum rushing and killing vast swaths of things with smg specials and shotguns you're just doing it wrong.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Are overworked vendors random/do they respawn? I popped a random old timer that had level 8-9 weapons on sale for $2000 a pop, and accidentally closed out trying to game plan who needed what. We’re all sitting on level 5-6 and have been for some time, levels in the high teens. Feel like our damage output hasn’t increased in a long time and we’re running into encounters with enemy health 800+

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I only met that guy once.
You'll unlock that tier of weapons in your base once you deal with both sons and visit the person.

Spoilers:
There's a vendor in Aspen who sells some OK stuff

If you find the Massacre Site is has some excellent weapons, and it can be accessed as soon as you have Rad Protection 2

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Zore posted:

They just need a small damage bump or to get an increase to like 5 shots per burst. There are a few ARs that have that and feel pretty good to use, specifically the endgame energy ones. Just make that baseline.

Atom Smasher is loving crazy late game. I gave it to Pipezi and she was just one shotting most things.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Finally got time to sit down and wrap up my first playthrough and boy what a game. I picked it up on Gamepass originally but I liked it so much I bought it on Steam too and I'll be playing that from now on. I'm trying to think of any problems I have with the game and none really come to mind, I just have a few suggestions for expanding upon what's here, which honestly blows my original expectations for the game out of the water. I'm so glad they decided to modernize a lot of the systems and make the game much more speedy to play overall--the sluggishness of Wasteland 2 is my biggest gripe with that game.

Wasteland 3 feels pretty tightly designed, from the gameplay to the narrative and quests. There's not a lot of chaff. To be honest I would've liked a few more options for setting up combat. It would've been nice to have the ability to set pre-combat ambushes and per-ranger sneak attacks that can all be executed simultaneously.

I also would've liked a lot more battles with the Kodiak because it's a lot of fun having a massive mobile cannon roll on guys and blow poo poo up. I would've liked to have maps designed more for Kodiak use as well because even in the battles where you have it, it tended to sit in it's starting position since it's cannon had all the range and thus I didn't really need to move it except for when dudes ran close and I wanted to squish them plus the maps themselves often have impassable barriers. I really like the Kodiak though and I think it's a gameplay element that should definitely be kept, expanded on, and carried into the future. Real time running road battles on the overworld between the Kodiak and whatever would be really cool imo.

Finally I would've liked to have seen the role of Ranger HQ expanded more. I'm not saying make it like XCom but XCom ain't a bad template to work from. Being lawmen essentially I think the law and order part should be expanded upon. I want to arrest more people, I want to have courts and trials and punishment. The Desert Rangers is a really interesting organization that offers a lot of opportunity for a lot of different gameplay options. They're descended from engineers basically, let's rebuild some infrastructure. I just think Wasteland with it's peoples and organizations and setting overall are very interesting and ripe for exploration in all kinds of different manner.

On the story... I think it's pretty interesting that the Patriarch ends up being more-or-less honest with the Rangers. Yeah, his personal bloody history is whitewashed, I mean insofar as he keeps his end of the bargain established at the beginning of the game and for everything to work out for the best you just gotta uphold your own end of the bargain and do what he asks. Other options arise for you to overthrow the Patriarch and in other games it seems to be a common trope that these options would be the 'better' choice but here the Patriarch gives you no reason to take these options despite his shortcomings if you give any poo poo about your original mission and goal: securing aid for Arizona. Yeah, he's built himself a stratified society with haves-and-have-nots with an uncertain future but given the alternatives presented I'd rather live in Little America than the slaver hellhole Eastern Plains. Plus, the Rangers in Colorado are a foreign paramilitary force (on a diplomatic mission to secure aid for their homeland). Not upholding the deal with the Patriarch means going rogue and destabilizing a sovereign nation, which is the kind of poo poo the CIA does and that's not my Rangers dammit!

I liked all the different factions, though the Payaso's are definitely the weakest of the bunch, I do like the concept of a psycho clown gang, so maybe they can rework them into something a little less problematic in the future or something. I think Monster Army is a really neat concept. The idea of a savage gang essentially being domesticated and becoming an island of stability in a chaotic ocean is actually kinda cool. Gippers were funny but tbh I hardly interacted with them as I pretty much wiped them out as soon as I was allowed to and it's kinda a one-note joke anyway. Actually, come to think of it, I think the Gippers are probably the weakest of the gangs. That doesn't undo the issues with the Payaso's though.

Concerning the Machine Commune... I think my ending worked out just fine. They loved me and the ending seemed to reflect that. They let humans live in the commune, sold oil to all people without discrimination, and ReaganAI suffered timelessly in Robo-Communist Hell. They seemed to genuinely want to peacefully coexist humans even though I tried to teach them how to kill people better. I think AIs can have different ideologies just like people can. Just because Synths are shady as hell and may or may not want to wipe out human life, I don't think ALL robots want to do that just inherently because.

Also, there's a lot of cannibalism in this game.

Overall, very excellent. Love it, even. I definitely want to see what's there expanded upon and explored more.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dandywalken posted:

Agreed that they do need something. More damage / range / hit rate would be a good start for sure. SMGs just poo poo all over them starting at midgame.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Thanks to the goons earlier who mentioned using the active skill to re-recruit Billy and Jean. Worked and all is well.

Eddain posted:

They said they have a patch ready to dispatch by Tuesday.
XBox1? God I hope they fix the crash to desktop. After some time off I went back into the game and times the CtD. Happens at least 3-4 times over 4 hours. Love this game but they seriously need to address this so more people give it a chance. Right now they are getting slammed in the reviews and that can be revenue lost. I want DLC and Wasteland 4. They better not "fix" the Barter money technique or Vendor repair glitch (see below for details).

Zore posted:

Yeah... they really are super disappointing. SMGs have similar penetration, far better RoF and only a teeny bit less range. Flat out 100x better. SmGs aren't OP in the slightest. Figure maybe a slight increase to RoF with more range and that might help. What I really hate is what happens to Flamethrowers. Up to mid game they are awesome. My end of game guy put everything into buffing flame damage and it just doesn't cut it. Did like the Weird Science flame AR but it doesn't hold its weight around the Gippers and I think I'm being kind. More Flame Assault Rifles might work with just big Guns as well as just buffing the damage and debuffs. Big Guns lag between minigun and the LMG you get in the Bizarre. Flamethrowers capped out at the Bizarre. Again I went 100% into flame and it just doesn't keep up (even with the toaster perk). I want more perks in general but they need more weapons around. The minigun is insane as is the endgame auto shotgun. I got that +20 damage with -10% to hit mod. Put a +to hit mod on the minigun to mitigate the malus and ... jaysus. That or on the end game SMG really makes them the big hitter.

Couple of things I noticed:
Inventory glitch working for you. So one of my favourite mods for armour is the +1 armour and +1 quick slot for legs. On my mechs and medics it is a boon. The guy in Colo Springs has two of those and a nice + armour chest. Late game mods are awful so it was nice clearing out his inventory and all of them are back. I used the barter perk to make insane money (selling scrap and rebuying then going out of buy screen and back in to sell) so was wandering around getting mods. Another nice perk is on my mod monkey sitting in base. Stripping weapons en masse and I got some nice amount of mods. So doing all of this I went to the Mannerite you can get in your base. The guy that sells you the +1 Toaster Repair book. You clear out his inventory and come back (either zone or reload a save) and all of it is back including the Toaster Repair book. My Explosive/Big Gun guy now has max toaster. I'd feel bad about exploiting this but the CtD and other things take away the guilt. Toaster Repair isn't that essential anyway.

Other than weapon tweaks I really want them to fix the Commune/Gippers quest. Just add a line in to someone in the Commune to ship oil to ColoSprings. Annoys me that I go through all of that and Colo Springs responds "now we have no oil so gently caress you". You can't trust the Gippers. Their path of the quest involves lying to you about the brat, installing the AI in him and still not letting him go with you. "If you have any problems we got your back!" <Thumbs up> Ummmhmmm. Sure you do. The only way to make Colo Springs happy is to kidnap the AI to Ranger HQ and then you not only miss out on Party Pal (who is bloody good "Pet") but lose all the vendors from either the Commune or Gippers. Killing the Gippers is great xp and decent loot but then you get treated like a dick who killed everyone despite the Machines being fairly straight forward and willing to open relations with outside humans. The one politician I put in Ranger HQ yelled at me about how no peaceful revolution is possible now. Making a quest branch with the Commune "officially" doling out the oil and recognized by Colo Springs would be great. For some other changes howabout a new path? make a new branch that you could do is go to call up the Patriarch and say "the oil fields are yours now - the Gippers are dead" and you get a giant plus to Families and Marshall factions and maybe some decent xp and money. Later on the Patriarch moves some Marshalls and employ some of those refugees. They work for him and they get a new town to found. Everyone is happy and you get a new status quo without trusting the very untrustworthy Gippers. Commune aside: making Pico a little tougher makes me sad. I want him to "talk it out with me".

edit:

Upmarket Mango posted:

Concerning the Machine Commune... I think my ending worked out just fine. They loved me and the ending seemed to reflect that. They let humans live in the commune, sold oil to all people without discrimination, and ReaganAI suffered timelessly in Robo-Communist Hell. They seemed to genuinely want to peacefully coexist humans even though I tried to teach them how to kill people better. I think AIs can have different ideologies just like people can. Just because Synths are shady as hell and may or may not want to wipe out human life, I don't think ALL robots want to do that just inherently because.
:roboluv:

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 21, 2020

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So...

Microsoft own both Fallout and Wasteland now? What a wild ride these two IPs have seen.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
InXile, Obsidian, and Bethesda all under one roof...this is like, the next level beyond the ouroborous for the Fallout franchise considering its origins

itry
Aug 23, 2019

toasterwarrior posted:

InXile, Obsidian, and Bethesda all under one roof...this is like, the next level beyond the ouroborous for the Fallout franchise considering its origins

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So...

Microsoft own both Fallout and Wasteland now? What a wild ride these two IPs have seen.

Wait what??

Edit: holy poo poo. I only care about what this means for Id and Arkane :ohdear:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

itry posted:

Wait what??

Edit: holy poo poo. I only care about what this means for Id and Arkane :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1308029642503335936?s=19

Microsoft now owns Fallout and Wasteland. Wild times.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

All praise the Todd. That is sarcasm considering that Fallout76 is the biggest con job. I stopped reading the thread when it just became like 5 guys saying "well this doesnt work and the core of the game is me shooting something a million times before it dies then I get booted off and have to start over but boy am I having fun. Can't wait to go scrap collecting for a couple of days so I can try again... unless my inventory resets again or they ban me" after getting played for a year and change. I genuinely feel bad for players of Fallout76 and Todd's car salesman bollocks irritated me.

I just want that douche to go work for somewhere else and stay far away from any game I like. As long as they keep him contained in the former Bethesda sphere I am ok. My only worry is he becomes their "head games guy" and he starts touching more studios. Maybe I'm being paranoid but 2020 has been an interesting time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Maybe they can get some designers who actually understand Fallout as more than a reskin for Elder Scrolls in there.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe they can get some designers who actually understand Fallout as more than a reskin for Elder Scrolls in there.

Like Obsidian, who Microsoft also owns?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kind of awkward that Obsidian spent all that time creating their Fallout-but-better clone in Outer Worlds when they could have just waited and had New Vegas 2 fall on their laps like this.

Especially when they have their Elder Scrolls-but-better game also in the works. I don't know how much you can bank on "screw Bethesda" as a draw when you're part of the same company.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 21, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really like how hardass lets you put the fear of god into your enemies if it's a fight you can't talk your way out of.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Nephthys posted:

I don't know how much you can bank on "screw Bethesda" as a draw when you're part of the same company.

i don't think this has ever actually been obsidians push and only exists within a small very online fanbase mind

im not sure we'll actually see any cross overs since Obsidian has their own IPs to work on now (and TOW needs a lot of work, while Pillars of Eternity: Skyrim won't have Sawyer at the helm but maybe on more stable ground with whats already been laid out)

similar inXile has their own stuff going on and WL3 was actually very good unlike 2

but if everything holds together over the next 5-10 years maybe then we'll see some mashups idk

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Just started playing a couple days ago and liking it lot so far. Just finished the garden of the gods and had Lucia shoot her boyfriend after seeing the pile of corpses. Didn't realize they were teens until I saw the youth tag in combat. Oops. I went ahead and took the final shot with my sniper, Hollywood at point blank range. Brutal.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

I really like how hardass lets you put the fear of god into your enemies if it's a fight you can't talk your way out of.

Same. That and the renown pops that preceed some encounters are really cool. Having hardened mercs poo poo themselves as they realize who they are up against owns.

I only have the final quest now then Im done. Definitely a great game so far.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

i don't think this has ever actually been obsidians push and only exists within a small very online fanbase mind

im not sure we'll actually see any cross overs since Obsidian has their own IPs to work on now (and TOW needs a lot of work, while Pillars of Eternity: Skyrim won't have Sawyer at the helm but maybe on more stable ground with whats already been laid out)

similar inXile has their own stuff going on and WL3 was actually very good unlike 2

but if everything holds together over the next 5-10 years maybe then we'll see some mashups idk

I'll try and keep an open mind. I'm just a little gunshy whenever I see the name Todd Howard attached as that guy is such a wanker. Don't just read the last 50 pages of the 76 thread but go from the start. There's a difference between normal scumbaggery and Fallout76. On to happy topics

Grapplejack posted:

That was an exceptional touch. Talking your way out of combat is one thing but using it for debuffs is really nice and I hope becomes a thing going forward. Loved how random encounters often had mid level checks for skills for a similar debuff.

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

Just started playing a couple days ago and liking it lot so far. Just finished the garden of the gods and had Lucia shoot her boyfriend after seeing the pile of corpses. Didn't realize they were teens until I saw the youth tag in combat. Oops. I went ahead and took the final shot with my sniper, Hollywood at point blank range. Brutal.
Welcome to the thread and glad you are having fun. There are multiple ways that situation can go down and be resolved.... same goes with most decisions. Good replay value. Have fun and feel free to try other paths and builds for your Rangers in future games. Something I wanted to mention is you get multiple companions that normally have a "specialty" as well how many you can run. You don't have to have four custom guys. You can run three and use three companions. You may not care about that but wanted you to know you can go that route. I'd check out every companion, if for nothing else, just to see their specialty. One I am fond of you will get in your future and they are a good sniper, but having two snipers felt like a waste in W3. You get a punchy guy later and a melee guy after him. Feel free to try them all out.

Other thing is if you are playing on the XBox One you are going to crash to the desktop often. This may be fixed in "coming soon" patch but save often. Seems to mostly trigger when going to and from character/inventory screen. Happens often with new releases but it is serious enough that I wanted to mention if right off the bat. Have fun sir.

edit: changed the OP a bit to add some more info

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 22, 2020

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Just started the game. Well, a few times, trying to get a feel for the skills and what works and what does not.

Is there a way to make the camera move any faster with WASD? Its so slow and floaty. Same with the rotation.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I just finished my first playthrough. I mentioned it before, but I should mention again that this is my first run on ANY turn-based RPG. I played on easy, but the combat was challenging early going. Once I got my bearings around level 8 or so, I felt ready for a "normal" experience.

Gonna jump into Wasteland 2 and finally give XCom a fair shake. Any other recommendations? I have fallout and fallout 2 on my ancient steam account but never bothered trying to figure out how to make it run on Windows 7 or whatever my last gaming-capable desktop was in 2014.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

im not sure on steam but i know the gog versions of fallout 1&2 (and probably tactics) all come with the resolution mods and some other bits already installed making it slightly more palatable (note these are still really old games and the biggest hurdle is going to be an extremely clunky interface and slow combat)

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

I just finished my first playthrough. I mentioned it before, but I should mention again that this is my first run on ANY turn-based RPG. I played on easy, but the combat was challenging early going. Once I got my bearings around level 8 or so, I felt ready for a "normal" experience.

Gonna jump into Wasteland 2 and finally give XCom a fair shake. Any other recommendations? I have fallout and fallout 2 on my ancient steam account but never bothered trying to figure out how to make it run on Windows 7 or whatever my last gaming-capable desktop was in 2014.

The Pillars of Eternity games are great. Definitely play them in order though, since unlike Wasteland the second follows on directly from the first and it assumes you're playing the same character.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Question about the Hard heads and Denver:
If you wipe out the grippers and they move into Denver, will oil be supplied at the end of the game so the peacful transition of power ending is still viable?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Tainted Ham posted:

If you wipe out the grippers and they move into Denver, will oil be supplied at the end of the game so the peacful transition of power ending is still viable?

Dunno if the peaceful transition is possible cuz I didn't choose it, but it does flow after the coup with that faction in place after wiping out the former inhabitants

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

Gonna jump into Wasteland 2 and finally give XCom a fair shake.

Don't be surprised when you miss that 90% shot multiple times.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What is the order of operations to get the Hardheads in charge?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
New patch nerfed the Barter perk, it doesn't trigger on Scrap anymore, just Junk items. And it's only a 40x modifier instead of 50x.

quote:

Thank you to everyone for your support as we continue to add to and improve Wasteland 3. This update was focused on a lot of the issues we've heard about from you the most, and we're hoping it goes a long way toward improving your play experience.

However, we're not done yet. Our next patch is a big one, and contains hundreds of individual changes including fixes, balance improvements, and load time reduction. Please be aware of our Known Issues list for issues we're aware of and working to resolve. Thanks for your patience, and see you in the wasteland.

Highlights
Numerous changes aimed at improving stability on consoles.
Co-op fixes for load screens stopping at 33%.
Antique Appraiser has been appropriately balanced.

Wasteland 3 – 1.1.1 Patch Notes

Performance and Stability
We’ve made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles.
We’re continuing work on additional improvements for future updates.

Some slight load time improvements have been made.
We’re finalizing some more impactful load time reductions which you’ll see in a future patch.

Fixed an issue where if computer consoles were used during combat, game performance would decrease.
Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike.

Co-op
Load screen hangs (i.e. 33% load bug) have largely been resolved for co-op games.
In a few cases the load bar may appear to be stuck at 33% but will eventually load after 5 or more minutes. We’re aware and actively working to resolve these.

Addressed an issue with the Direct Connect option that was preventing some guests from connecting to their hosts.
Fixed crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad.
Players with different build versions are now blocked from playing with each other.
[Xbox One] Resolved an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person.

Quests and Gameplay
The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap.
This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included.
Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.

Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.
A persistent issue with the Fishlips encounter which would result in the game locking up has been resolved.
Resolved an issue where the epilogue song would sometimes not play all the way through.
Merchants now round up item values, instead of down. Buying in bulk is always better!
Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.
Resolved an issue where the Survival Skill was granting Animal Whisperer abilities.
Resolved an issue where some missions related to the Gippers were unable to be completed under specific conditions.
Resolved an issue where players were being charged the correct amount of skill points on purchase, but the tooltip and the bar were using the wrong value to calculate/display the cost.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Same. That and the renown pops that preceed some encounters are really cool. Having hardened mercs poo poo themselves as they realize who they are up against owns.

I only have the final quest now then Im done. Definitely a great game so far.

The cannibal jamboree line loving ruled, it's probably my favorite one in the entire game

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Eddain posted:

New patch nerfed the Barter perk, it doesn't trigger on Scrap anymore, just Junk items. And it's only a 40x modifier instead of 50x.

I got lucky and got 30k from the perk about mid way through the game. I’m ending Yuma now and down to about 14k... money is weird in this game. I feel like I would’ve had problems if not for that magic 30k.

E: I’ve bought like all kinds of poo poo, so maybe I wouldn’t have done that and been just fine

mst4k fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 23, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I don't remember Angela Deth being such a loving moron in WL2. Her plan for Colorado is so bad.

Also the barter perk nerf is probably a good thing. I'm sitting on 200,000 funbux, have basically no ammo issues, and never have to worry if buying something is worth it. More vendors need to carry rockets and sawpups though.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 23, 2020

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Angela is probably suffering from extreme PTSD now. At least that's how I rationalise her actions in Wasteland 3.

She loses Ghost (from the short stories included in WL2 deluxe), then loses Ace, then finds out Hell Razor is dead, goes to LA and gets shot down, survives and has no radio contact with Ranger HQ and by the time she gets back to Arizona she finds out her remaining two friends Snake and Thrasher are dead. It's not really surprising that she's not thinking clearly.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Tainted Ham posted:

No, it takes them too long to get it running again. You need to have Colorado supplied during your coup attempt or you don't have enough support. Same for the Commune. Peaceful transition is only possible if the Gippers live.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

On the story... I think it's pretty interesting that the Patriarch ends up being more-or-less honest with the Rangers. Yeah, his personal bloody history is whitewashed, I mean insofar as he keeps his end of the bargain established at the beginning of the game and for everything to work out for the best you just gotta uphold your own end of the bargain and do what he asks. Other options arise for you to overthrow the Patriarch and in other games it seems to be a common trope that these options would be the 'better' choice but here the Patriarch gives you no reason to take these options despite his shortcomings if you give any poo poo about your original mission and goal: securing aid for Arizona. Yeah, he's built himself a stratified society with haves-and-have-nots with an uncertain future but given the alternatives presented I'd rather live in Little America than the slaver hellhole Eastern Plains. Plus, the Rangers in Colorado are a foreign paramilitary force (on a diplomatic mission to secure aid for their homeland). Not upholding the deal with the Patriarch means going rogue and destabilizing a sovereign nation, which is the kind of poo poo the CIA does and that's not my Rangers dammit!

Yeah I thought this was pretty interesting too. I was expecting the point where the Patriarch asks you to gun down a bunch of of protestors or some other shady poo poo, but no, he justs wants you do to what he asked and in return the rangers get everything they asked for too, a pretty good deal to be honest. I think Liberty is basically right when she says that her dad just want to build alliances with like minded states in order to rebuild America. Trying to overthrow him after that just felt way too lovely, despite his personal failings

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eddain posted:

All I ask if they fixed the CtD on the Xbox1 and I can live with the barter nerf. If they didn't test and fix the CtD while making sure we no longer get tons of bux then that is a bit shite. It wasn't like it just gave you insane money as you had to work at it a bit. All that said I am still sitting at 140k so can just reuse an old save to explore future paths. They really need to up sawdogs, discobots and low to medium tier armour mods as those get rare and the top tier of armour mods are worse than the med tier ones. Being able to remove armour mods would help. Still... something irks me about nerfing a positive before removing a serious negative. I'm not making money off this game or people loving it but it's not the best PR move. I just want that XboX review higher and w3 to do well so I get DLC and W4.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Angela is probably suffering from extreme PTSD now. At least that's how I rationalise her actions in Wasteland 3.

She loses Ghost (from the short stories included in WL2 deluxe), then loses Ace, then finds out Hell Razor is dead, goes to LA and gets shot down, survives and has no radio contact with Ranger HQ and by the time she gets back to Arizona she finds out her remaining two friends Snake and Thrasher are dead. It's not really surprising that she's not thinking clearly.

On top of all of that, as she says in the beginning of W3, she lost Team Echo. In W2, you meet her right off the bat (at a funeral) and she becomes your "mom" of a sort and even remarks about you being kids. She stays with you a good chunk of time and looks after you until she goes on her mission to Cali. Her getting shot down in Cali leads to the last of her friends as well as her "kids" dying. I thought the game captured her PTSD although I wish there had been even more conversation options. Not everyone's cuppa but I would have liked even more places where we could have tried to talk her down and more conversation dealing with her obvious trauma. Ever since Spec Ops: The Line, I've been wanting a game to touch more on the psychological issues that can come about being that big goddamn hero. How your character dealt with Angela, who was a version of yourself once upon a time, could add some nice depth. It's still all there... I just wish for more meat on the bones.
Just reminds me of the old grave epithet
"Fui quod es, eris quod sum" - “I was what you are, you will be what I am”

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Okay, those are some good explanations for Angie's actions, and I've only grabbed the guy from the place, and gone after the son that's with the Gippers (because gently caress Ronald Reagan), so I only have her initial conversation stuff and my talking with the guy from the place to go on. I take back my "Angela Deth is a loving moron" statement.

In other news, I've had some pretty annoying bugs, but I'm playing the GamePass version so I can't really complain much, because I've gotten way more than five dollars worth with this and Surge 2 (which I've let fall by the wayside right around the end of Gideon's Rock, because I started playing this game instead).

HOWEVER. This is an awful one and I hope it's addressed in the newest patch or sometime in the very near future: If you have a first aid tower thing equipped in a quick-slot and you go through a loading screen and notice it's no longer there, the game isn't putting it back in your inventory, it's just erasing it. I realized it when I had 3 left from a stack of about 13 or so and only remember tossing out one, during a fight at the Snowed Inn Resort. Even if I'm misremembering the numbers, I should have still been around 10+, not 3.

Edit: I suspect the stethoscope might be involved somehow, because that's how I'm hitting 7 First Aid.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
In the Denver quest line I chose the answer that wouldn’t please either faction, got the tape in my inventory, but the machines won’t speak to me and Nancy keeps asking me to go to them and get the tape/fight the scar collectors etc. I had to just go aggro and kill everyone to get Valor to come with me, which was an incredibly long fight because the car and turrets’ presence outside meant the whole map aggroed and I couldn’t end combat. Is that a bug, normal, or did I just do something wrong? This game reminds me of fallout 1/2 in every possible way, down to the memory of losing a 30 hour save when they had to patch the car