Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

I ctrl+fed back 10 pages and found one self-deprecating use of idiot. Are you really salty that you opened a forum thread and found an on-topic discussion of a recent event?

Did you really search through ten pages just to criticise my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Did you really search through ten pages just to criticise my post

Literally ctrl+fed, took 30 seconds. I try to make sure I have an accurate view of reality before I waste thread real estate posting about posting.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Shammypants posted:

He said release, which usually means like the first month. Skyrim is the 15th biggest release of all time

So let’s just speculate that it won’t be on Playstation or Nintendo at launch and it’s still going to the biggest release of all time?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Policenaut posted:

Sony has a bunch of teams that make weird mid range games but yall rarely talk about them. Wheres my No Heroes Allowed or Everybody's Golf fans at?

Hi. Hello.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Vikar Jerome posted:

PS4 thread, please dont read this spoiler
im actually gonna buy a xbox series x too and i've been considering bluetoothing my 360 controller to my android phone and hdmi'ing it on the big screen WHILE I STREAM XCLOUD THROUGH GAMEPASS ON MY PHONE for £1 for the first month, please dont tell the rest of the thread i will be doing this, thank you for understanding.

same. i am gonna get a xbox series x next year for a lower price espcially if i find a good job or a job in general. ps5 first though.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'll eat my hat if Ragnarok ships in 2021

BUT ND also had lost legacy between 4 and TLOU2 so there's that as well

i can see it happening. they were probably starting in in the last year of development with part of the team and then took off with it when the game launched.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I am never buying an xbox!!!! NEVER!!!!!

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Rinkles posted:

Except with a new gen those PCs are gonna need an upgrade/ replacement soon, so if you're limited on funds the PS5 now looks that much less appealing

It depends on what your definition of Mid-range is, but PS5 has roughly the same GPU power as a GTX 1080. Depending on what resolution you play your games at (4K is still pretty uncommon for PC users), I don't see a reason why the PS5 / Series X release would necessitate an upgrade from a mid-range system. The great thing about PC is that the games are all scalable and you can change the settings to get your preferred performance / eye candy. If you already have a system with a 2070 in it, you're even better off because you have the RT cores and you get DLSS support to squeeze more life out of the system.

And there still isn't a great reason to upgrade from a 4-core CPU if you're playing games at 60FPS.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah if you believe it’s gonna be an exclusive it won’t be the biggest launch.

If you want that you need to be everywhere.

Which is why I don’t think it will be an exclusive

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
This new gen is not gonna push computer game hardware, the new nvidia 30xx series is completely overkill compared to these new consoles

You'll still be able to play on PS5/XBOX level with 'old computers'/midrange computers

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

There will probably be exclusive content, but it seems really dumb to limit your audience by making it exclusive. If Skyrim is any indication, they'll port it to everything they can and re-release it over and over again for 10+ years.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

tbf I’m still salty from reading like 220 posts in a row after the news hit and a load were like “I think THIS is why they did it!” “wtf, anyone who thinks that’s why they did it is a loving idiot, clearly THIS is why”

Sometimes the conversation shifts to something you don't enjoy. I glaze over when I check the thread and it's 500 Yakuza posts, but thread doesn't revolve around me and what I want to talk about, so I can just skip those posts and rejoin the discussion when it's something I want to talk about vs. yelling at everyone to stop. It's how these things work. the news is like 5 hours old. People are going to want to talk about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah if you believe it’s gonna be an exclusive it won’t be the biggest launch.

If you want that you need to be everywhere.

Which is why I don’t think it will be an exclusive

Happy Hedonist posted:

There will probably be exclusive content, but it seems really dumb to limit your audience by making it exclusive. If Skyrim is any indication, they'll port it to everything they can and re-release it over and over again for 10+ years.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/microsoft-to-buy-bethesda-studios-for-7-5-billion-to-boost-xbox?srnd=premium

sounds about right. we will see i guess.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Sometimes the conversation shifts to something you don't enjoy. I glaze over when I check the thread and it's 500 Yakuza posts, but thread doesn't revolve around me and what I want to talk about, so I can just skip those posts and rejoin the discussion when it's something I want to talk about vs. yelling at everyone to stop. It's how these things work. the news is like 5 hours old. People are going to want to talk about it.

Or you can make wild, incendiary claims about the things you don’t like and suddenly the thread DOES revolve around you!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

I never get annoyed with the thread because the topic I enjoy is videogames

When the thread talks about other things like food or movies, turns out I'm really lucky because I like those too

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Or you can make wild, incendiary claims about the things you don’t like and suddenly the thread DOES revolve around you!

Lol that's the trick, just post a hot enough take and you can change the subject to anything you like

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Do.....do you think I don’t know the sale happened? Because that is literally all that article says

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

acksplode posted:

Lol that's the trick, just post a hot enough take and you can change the subject to anything you like

lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Lol, true.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People posting for pages on end about the same 4 activities in Yakuza 0-27 and I just don't get it, meanwhile you could be ideating on Cherry's wallbounce combo routes in SOR4 all day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Here's a "hot take" for the thread:

Nintendo should buy KojiPro and force them to make ARMS2

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Nintendo should buy Microsoft and put all of the Mario and Zelda games on game pass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Hedonist posted:

Nintendo should buy Microsoft and put all of the Mario and Zelda games on game pass.

lol at Nintendo charging a monthly sub for anything that isn't 30 year old ROMs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think ___SONY___ should buy ___CRYTEK___ and have them port ___FINAL FANTASY___ to the ___GAMECUBE___

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony could probably buy Crytek for like €10

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Some obvious candidates for Sony to target would be Kojima Productions and Bluepoint Games

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Policenaut posted:

Sony has a bunch of teams that make weird mid range games but yall rarely talk about them. Wheres my No Heroes Allowed or Everybody's Golf fans at?

I like Everybody's Golf but I haven't really touched it since the lockdown started because I know it's going to be a long time before people are over to play it with again so my motivation to unlock more courses is nil.

haveblue posted:

I think ___SONY___ should buy ___CRYTEK___ and have them port ___FINAL FANTASY___ to the ___GAMECUBE___

If it's MadLibs at least one of those blanks has to be penis.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sony buy FromSoft challenge

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do.....do you think I don’t know the sale happened? Because that is literally all that article says

it also said multiplatform is case by case and such too.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

bloomberg tech like to either a) make poo poo up, or b) copy actual breaking news and like they they had their own source by twisting a few details

really not worth looking at

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Escobarbarian posted:

From is not independent

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sony could probably buy Crytek for like €10

Didn't Fortnite buy Crytek?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

Didn't Fortnite buy Crytek?

what

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

bloomberg tech like to either a) make poo poo up, or b) copy actual breaking news and like they they had their own source by twisting a few details

really not worth looking at

isnt it written by the guy that broke the story lol

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I want to play other games but can't stop spelunking. Halp.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

From is not independent

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nobody buy anybody

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

If Sony buys FROM, we'll never get a new release from them running at 60FPS again.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Nobody buy anybody

But how will my mega-corporation of choice win the console war?????????

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someone either in this thread or another chat said that Epic bought Crytek, but now I'm trying to look it up and it seems like it was BS.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

u can get exclusives without buying the entire company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

il serpente cosmico posted:

If Sony buys FROM, we'll never get a new release from them running at 60FPS again.

But how will my mega-corporation of choice win the console war?????????

By making the terms of victory something that means you win retroactively