Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Also...

"Jabber broadcast - NEED PEOPLE FOR FLEET - THIS DOCTRINE"

I see the broadcast as soon it comes in. I launch eve and get into the ship that fleet wants. I click the jabber broadcast mumble link (if there is one) and get into the right channel. The first message I hear is about how they are already 5 jumps into the objective.

My computer is fast. My internet is fast. I feel like while I am still getting use to things, I am not being THAT slow. Is this to be expected? Am I suppose to always be in game and ready to undock to make most of these broadcasts? poo poo is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

We generally take a few minutes to form up, so that sounds odd.

Also EVE uses about 0% resources if minimized :)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fleets being completely full if you miss the broadcast by a minute or more is what I've witnessed. But I suppose if something actually happens then they will call for more fleets.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Wibla posted:

Industry index in the system is 1.11%, hardly impressive :v:

yeah uh i easily outpace by myself that when i get my t2 ship production churning, and i am extremely :effort: about it so completely churning is not nearly as much as you would think it is.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sometimes during the vulnerability window there'll be a hurry up and go fleet because some poo poo needs to be stopped

Battleship fleets you usually need to get in quick because they'll fill up fast especially if a popular fc like elo or laz calls it

I remember having to spam the fleet window to get in a mister vee fleet because it would fill up in seconds

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The per capita of Sigma members who become memorable/notable and either quit or go gently caress goons is actually pretty impressive.

Which is why the return of so many has been like some nostalgia trip. I feel like it is one big “Only 90s kids will remember” kind of experience in jabber lately.’
:3:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
There's a few circumstances in which you need to be pretty quick to join a fleet

Harpies or Inties often are trying to catch something small and quick and will leave as soon as the FC thinks the fleet is enough in those cases.
BS fleets often fill up quickly. People like the Baltecs/Supertrains a lot I guess.(I rarely fly on these, but I know that I hear people complain on them a lot)
Fleets with popular FC's
Any of the fleets that say "capped at X"
Any time there is a big op announced more than a few hours ahead of time, the first couple fleets fill very quickly.

As for being already logged in, I tend to login on my main and idle when I am looking out for fleet pings. It certainly helps not having to go through CCPs whole login, redeem daily reward, choose character, rigamarole when joining fast forms.

Also sometimes I catch my jabber being behind a bit, like I'll see my phone ping and then minutes later I'll see it on pidgin on my computer. I don't know if there is a fix for this, it seems to come and go.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 21, 2020

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Comstar posted:

...32 DAYS? Ok, I did not know or understand this till now. So they can only take 49-U if they deploy the capital fleet, but there's nothing stopping us deploying our capital fleet in response, for a month. But they are being very skittish about deploying any capital's in strength, even to save a Titan.

my understanding is that :ccp: intended to phase out FozzieSov by gradually replacing every structure with citadels, once they got citadels 'right' - and they haven't finished yet and/or got scared off. in theory, ihubs should become upwell structures (citadels) too and the ihub upgrades become mods you fit on the ihub citadel, presumably something similar for tcus

one of the hardest things to grok for a retvet is how and why fozziesov matters. like "tcus literally only have two purposes: a minor fuel consumption bonus and to get tower anchoring notifications sent via evemail to the owner" is kinda wild, ihubs do matter for installing ratting and mining upgrades but in wartime or in a contested system the big deal is jammers (takes sov3 = strategic index 3 = 35 days) and jammer aren't mechanically the same as in the pos warfare days either + you can gate caps for the past few years, so if you played in the fountain war where literally everything depended on SBUs, Hubs, and capturing outposts after taking out the hub and thus the jammer, 2020 is like this insane twilight zone of confusion

example: let's say the SNAKE PEOPLE (i love this, their name is so lame, they're so bad at branding - ok so you are lazy hypocritical snakes (i have so many warren jokes i could be making but NO POLITICS IN ELYSIUM) drop 50 more keepstars in our space. well now they have to defend them when we do get around to attacking them, but this doesn't stop us from using our own keepstars; they could put a 30 down in each of our systems in delve and it wouldn't make a difference except increasing their investment level when we break them and start sweeping up.

another thing to keep in mind: i do want to snap the 49 TEST hub but they have benefited from our high ADMs in that system; by forming 3000 people in EU prime (yikes, swapped the vulns, whew) to take it, it's harder for us to hack back today than it will be in two weeks when their ADMs are lower - ok deep breaths we're going into fozziesov here for a second:

the higher the adm, the longer it takes the COMMAND NODES to be hacked by the offensive team, so if you as the defender lose a hub in a high-adm system (aka, us in EU prime in 49 the other day) then you have 35 days to come back and re-take it before they can online jammers, but it's easier to re-take it later (if you were playing earlier in the war, we had the exact same thing happen in XZ- in period basis where TEST got a hub in period basis on the border to Stain) after their adms have degraded. ADMs degrade naturally each downtime unless someone has done ratting or mining in the system enough to maintain or raise the level, and it's hard to raise ADMs in a front-line system.

so expect that when the bads take a hub, we'll probably faff about and focus on other poo poo and clean it up later because their adms will be lower and the big 'this matters' point is the 35 days / strat index 3

this is why in most more casual wars in the past few years, nullsec tends to focus on blowing up citadels and cleaning up fozziesov after the enemy has broken, it's a pain in the rear end and confusing to everyone - as you can see the moment the enemy left Fountain we re-took it because fozziesov, etc.

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 21, 2020

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
uh hello i'd like to report a murder https://soundcloud.com/the-neolithicaus/we-are-going-to-pass-pgl-mix-demo

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
mittens reported for posting a snuff film

also god. that "YOUR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS" quote really sets me off; it's so indicative of how they think about this whole thing (and it also sounds like he's a hardcore RMTer :v: which after some of the toilet EVE shenanigans I always get on edge about) and what they think is going to be the end result.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Numismancer posted:

this is why in most more casual wars in the past few years, nullsec tends to focus on blowing up citadels and cleaning up fozziesov after the enemy has broken, it's a pain in the rear end and confusing to everyone - as you can see the moment the enemy left Fountain we re-took it because fozziesov, etc.

This is the wisdom money shot for the new sov system -- namely, attacking is way the gently caress easier than defending.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
I look forward to the day when the Standown Coalition puts on a bigger invasion of Delve than Olmeca Gold.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Olmeca Gold has more kills than tapi

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question that means nothing ultimately, and one that I never really got an answer for that I can remember, but why CONDI for the ticker?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

:condi: =

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

How likely am I to get into Goonswarm if I have a character that used to shoot goons in Delve 10 years ago and was in PL for like a month?

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
Also mittens I joined SC and I helped backseat for paarthurnax and our fleet killed one whole jackdaw. PTT bindings set up successfully and now I’m just waiting on adashboard so I can welp some ares of my own.

This poo poo owns and the amount of well written and helpful guides we have is amazing. Everything the imperium can do is being done to make the job easier for new skirmish commanders and everyone is super helpful. If you were on the fence like me about trying out being an FC, just apply and do it. It’s set up in the best way possible to help you succeed.

Plus we apparently do actually get paid, I thought that was a meme idk.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Tekopo posted:

How likely am I to get into Goonswarm if I have a character that used to shoot goons in Delve 10 years ago and was in PL for like a month?

After just have clicked your post history and seen the first page, I would give me worthless endorsement that despite whatever groups if you have played with the past, you are definitely a goon.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dialhforhero posted:

The per capita of Sigma members who become memorable/notable and either quit or go gently caress goons is actually pretty impressive.

hole squad :colbert:

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

I still miss our [OHGOD] ticker from the early years. I loved my alt being in Sigma Holding, ran around with [OHGOD] [SIGH] :shobon:

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Tekopo posted:

pl is basically a big joke now so whatever i'm down to handwave and let you in, show this post to the auth heroes if you want to give it a whirl

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Is there such a thing as guerrilla attacks in Eve, or is it strictly Orchestral Maneuvres in Space?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is there such a thing as guerrilla attacks in Eve, or is it strictly Orchestral Maneuvres in Space?

given that local exists, no

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Killing people in 1dq is kind of guerrilla since local is useless there. It's just that anyone with a brain should be ultra careful in that kind of situation. Which means I go out to planet 1 and do a abyssal and come out the other end and die to bad guys.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sickening posted:

After just have clicked your post history and seen the first page, I would give me worthless endorsement that despite whatever groups if you have played with the past, you are definitely a goon.

Dudes a massive board games nerd, goony as gently caress confirmed.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
i should probably put this here for people on the fence about returning:

we're rich as poo poo these days so if you want to avoid any kind of fleet pvp and just hunt hostiles down, we have a headhunter / skull collector bounty system

quote:

The Alliance will be paying 50m per entosis ship killmail posted in this thread with the final blow on entosis ships in Delve/PB/Querious/Fountain/Catch.
The Alliance will be paying 50m per recon ship killmail (with cyno) posted in this thread with the final blow on recon ships in Delve/Period Basis/Querious/Fountain/Aridia/Esoteria/Paragon Soul/Catch.
The Alliance will be paying 10m per industrial cyno ship killmail (with industrial cyno) posted in this thread with the final blow on ships in Delve/Period Basis/Querious/Fountain/Aridia/Esoteria/Paragon Soul/Catch.
You must be the owner of the final blow on the entosis ship itself. If 10 people shoot the ship the recipient of the final blow gets the cash.
Any Imperium member is welcome to participate.
As a best practice always link your entosis ship killmails in Delve intel so we know its been done.
Post your final blow zkill link in this thread, profit.
An additional 10mil bonus will be given out if the entosis link drops. For a T1 entosis link, create a contract to Goonwaffe for 10mil isk. For a T2 entosis link, create a contract to Goonwaffe for 150mil isk.

i just added/pinged out a new bounty: get final blow on any hostile ratting in our space (proven by rats on the km shooting them) and get 50m :black101:

update: i forgot miners, now you get 50m for mining ships bigger than a venture (inc porpoises), 10m for a venture, go nuts

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 21, 2020

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Do supercaps get reimbursed if we lose them in glorious battle? I haven't played in forever and want to get some use out of my hel but its also my primary isk making tool.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Stealthgerbil posted:

Do supercaps get reimbursed if we lose them in glorious battle? I haven't played in forever and want to get some use out of my hel but its also my primary isk making tool.

yep

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

NGC773 posted:

Fountain took so long because every single system had 10+ structures in to kill and despite popular belief there were contests. No poo poo it was easy for Init to come back and toast all of the hubs in one sitting when opposition was zero.

So you're saying the only way Cobra can defeat GI Joe is if GI Joe stops defending, but that if GI Joe contests then it's really hard? Um, sure!

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Numismancer posted:

i just added/pinged out a new bounty: get final blow on any hostile ratting in our space (proven by rats on the km shooting them) and get 50m :black101:

Laffo, I wonder what they're planning on using ratting-wise.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So back when I quit I was beginning to train for Archon ratting, and for whatever reason (skill goo maybe?) already have JDC-V. Now that I'm back, it turns out I was a LOT closer to a Capswarm ready Revelation than I thought! Really excited to fly a Bhaalgorn as well when Baltec's get called. All that 2016 Nightmare training and Incursion isk really paid off!

It's 2020 and I'm excited to play EVE Online again, holy smokes.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Tsed posted:

Laffo, I wonder what they're planning on using ratting-wise.

Myrmidons. What else.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Numismancer posted:

i should probably put this here for people on the fence about returning:

we're rich as poo poo these days so if you want to avoid any kind of fleet pvp and just hunt hostiles down, we have a headhunter / skull collector bounty system

update: i forgot miners, now you get 50m for mining ships bigger than a venture (inc porpoises), 10m for a venture, go nuts

Go to Querious
Message fellow Anaconda members
Give them cheap ratting and mining ships
Kill them with KarmaFleet alts
Claim bounty
Claim profit
Repeat x 1000

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

NGC773 posted:

Go to Querious
Claim bounty
Claim profit
Repeat x 1000

Oh no, this guy found a way to bankrupt us :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Certainly we will have no way to track any of that via esi nope

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

NGC773 posted:

Go to Querious
Claim bounty
Claim profit
Repeat x 1000

:allears:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

NGC773 posted:

Go to Querious
Claim bounty
Claim profit
Repeat x 1000

you're stupid if you think this will actually work, any pattern of abnormal kills is easily trackable

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Otacon posted:

So back when I quit I was beginning to train for Archon ratting, and for whatever reason (skill goo maybe?) already have JDC-V. Now that I'm back, it turns out I was a LOT closer to a Capswarm ready Revelation than I thought! Really excited to fly a Bhaalgorn as well when Baltec's get called. All that 2016 Nightmare training and Incursion isk really paid off!

the remnants of ghost training

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Man I kinda wish it was GI Joe vs Cobra Coalition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

GI Joe Dirtbag ruined that for everyone.