Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

been wanting to say the above guy watches football all the time and knows a lot about it. ah poo poo it's a new page. well hold on a second.

a neat cape posted:

This does not help me

been wanting to say the above guy watches football all the time and knows a lot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

t a s t e posted:

tff gonna be rubbin their collective bald spot trying to figure out why cam "falls off" this year, bet

you post bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought of you all telling me Cam was washed all game yesterday

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

you post bad

Judge not lest ye be judged

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every time I think about that loving onside kick I laugh again.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

you post bad

okay

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmfao devastating own. how do you come back from this. might as well sell your forums account and quit while you are ahead

e: referring to posting that screenshot and not the your mom part

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 21, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

since there are already far too many packers fans in this forum, i have decided to become an Arizona Cardinals Fanatic because Kyler Murray, Deandre Hopkins and the rest of that offense is a hell of a lot of fun

thank you for reading. God bless.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

lmfao devastating own. how do you come back from this. might as well sell your forums account and quit while you are ahead

definitely

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

since there are already far too many packers fans in this forum, i have decided to become an Arizona Cardinals Fanatic because Kyler Murray, Deandre Hopkins and the rest of that offense is a hell of a lot of fun

Without a doubt my non-Chiefs crush team

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

A good day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

you post bad

:agreed:

edit: for football content, not bad bills fans content
http://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1308107431331864576

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 21, 2020

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Well is you mom hot or what

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well is you mom hot or what

(Thats Microwaves alt :shh:)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I feel really bad for Deshaun Watson at this point - every shot they showed of him from the last two games the guy looks miserable. After the Steelers game I think their schedule is going to get a little easier and their record will level out a bit, but even with that contract extension how do you find the energy to keep giving a poo poo when your coach/GM keeps self-sabotaging?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I don't get it I really am interested in your mom. Like, what are her hobbies. Her hopes. Her dreams. Why don't you call her anymore

you're a bad poster AND a bad person smdh

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
like she's waiting at home for your call to see how you're doing and you just don't ever reach out

how do you live with yourself

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

will you be a bengals fan with me.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I feel really bad for Deshaun Watson at this point - every shot they showed of him from the last two games the guy looks miserable. After the Steelers game I think their schedule is going to get a little easier and their record will level out a bit, but even with that contract extension how do you find the energy to keep giving a poo poo when your coach/GM keeps self-sabotaging?

Last week I read about the 42-36 shootout he won against Lamar in college. In the end of that season Clemson won a Natty and Louisville went 9-4.

Now that they went to the NFL and their roles are kinda reversed, Watson and the Texans were curbstomped for a combined 74-23 in 2 games against Lamar and the Ravens. Dude must feel bad.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cavauro posted:

will you be a bengals fan with me.

Mods I hope you discourage suicide pacts like these on the forums.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I can relate to the Watsons and Burrows of the world right now. Work is miserable atm.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Freaquency posted:

Everytime I feel sorry for him I remember that he willingly hitched himself to the Texans and then I don't really feel bad anymore

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lolling @ Cam's portrait.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sharknado slashfic posted:

Everytime I feel sorry for him I remember that he willingly hitched himself to the Texans and then I don't really feel bad anymore

I don’t know that there were any choices that were any better though. I guess he maybe could have thrived in TB. Maybe he’s trying to wait out BOB but it’s hard to believe that the team will be reasonably competitive at any time during the length of his deal, and it seems like they’re already in a hole for the future too wrt draft picks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It must be tough pushing to leave a team if you're a player like Watson. I imagine his teammates are people he feels an obligation towards and probably many of them are his friends. It's one thing when you are schmuck Linebacker #3, another when you're an all pro caliber qb.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Maybe he's counting on BoB trading him for a RG and a fifth round pick

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Watching the Bills Dolphins game for the first time and just heard an obligatory "a young man who's overcome a lot" in reference to a dude who drunkenly pushed his girlfriend against the wall, slapped her, shoved her onto the ground and then robbed her. The Bills decided that didn't matter and then the announcer frames it as if beating on your girlfriend is some kind of personal journey of discovery

Frustrated posted:

The Texans are the worst team in the AFC South and I don't think it's close.

BoB traded away possibly the best receiver in the game for an RB he isn't going to use correctly, and all the picks for a LT and Watson still gets pressured like crazy. Losing this year isn't even worth anything because the Texans don't have a pick till the third round.

Please fire O'Brien into the sun before we waste all of Watson's career like we did with Watt.

They haven't even played another team in their division and they've lost (pretty comprehensively, I admit) to the best two teams in the NFL. So I don't necessarily agree at all, Watson will be able to do more against teams that aren't literally the best in the league, and we haven't really had a chance to see how they match up to other teams in the division.

I'm with you on O'Brien but I'm warning you that Watson will somehow drag them to 9-7 and a wild card berth and all this will start over again.

Freaquency posted:

I don’t know that there were any choices that were any better though. I guess he maybe could have thrived in TB. Maybe he’s trying to wait out BOB but it’s hard to believe that the team will be reasonably competitive at any time during the length of his deal, and it seems like they’re already in a hole for the future too wrt draft picks.

Well he signed an extension of the type that you can't sign with anyone but your current team I believe, so he would've had to keep playing at a reduced salary in order to reach free agency. He decided to get paid right away

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1308145251446472706

hrm.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They're doing the, 'can't lose your job to injury thing' which is dumb, but whatever the players probably believe in it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What was the injury? Any chance it was the teams fault?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

What was the injury? Any chance it was the teams fault?

apparently he had a reaction to a painkiller injection for his ribs

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

They're doing the, 'can't lose your job to injury thing' which is dumb, but whatever the players probably believe in it.

I'm half/half on how much players care about this. Nobody wants to lose their job to injury but nobody wants to be on the losing team and if herbert is clearly better than Tyrod wouldn't you rather be winning games?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
maybe they'll just keep saying tyrod's the guy, then 10 minutes before game time he'll keep suffering surprise injuries after visits from the medical staff

The Panthers would be a really good team for Herbert with a full week of first team reps, but then they've got the Bucs/Saints which could be rough so maybe it's not bad to have Tyrod start a couple more

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Totally not a doctor but I could see loving up a nerve block causing a shortness of breath situation.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

wyoak posted:

maybe they'll just keep saying tyrod's the guy, then 10 minutes before game time he'll keep suffering surprise injuries after visits from the medical staff

The Panthers would be a really good team for Herbert with a full week of first team reps, but then they've got the Bucs/Saints which could be rough so maybe it's not bad to have Tyrod start a couple more

I think the Chargers know that there was a flukey element to Herbert's play in that game, that maybe he looked a little better and a little more ready than he actually is. That boneheaded interception he threw into double coverage while the first down was right in front of him comes to mind, as well as the goal line play where he ran the play action on the wrong side leading to a broken play on third and goal that could've won the game otherwise. He did make some nice throws but if the Chargers don't think he's ready then he might not be

All they're saying is that if Tyrod is healthy he's going to start, which I don't have a problem with really

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

I'm half/half on how much players care about this. Nobody wants to lose their job to injury but nobody wants to be on the losing team and if herbert is clearly better than Tyrod wouldn't you rather be winning games?

He was fine yesterday but I'm not convinced of this yet. But he's got upside that Tyrod absolutely doesn't obviously.

If Tyrod can't go next week and Herbert stinks up the joint then you can put him back in, until then it doesn't really make sense. If he can go...well I guess that'll be interesting from an outside perspective. Like if I were a Chargers fan I'd almost be hoping my starting QB couldn't play just to make the decision easier.

e: I like Taylor and feel terrible for him that this poo poo is happening again. I don't think he's great or anything but he's adequate and deserves a home somewhere that doesn't have someone about to vulture his job for at least a few games? Give the guy a half season or something. Unrelated to Herbert or the current situation, just in a void I'd like for that to happen for him on a team that has maybe a little more imagination than those Bills teams did offensively.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 21, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm torn because I think for Herbert's sake he should sit a year anyway.

But I also think Tyrod is just there to waste time until Herbert is ready.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Tyrod is 100% there to waste time till they are comfortable with Herbert. It's Tyrod/Mayfield/Jackson all over again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You've also got to consider the Chiefs had no idea Herbert was playing and didn't prepare at all for him. And now there's tape on him, which there was none of before because he didn't even get to play in a preseason. I think Lynn is probably doing the right thing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs struggled because they couldn’t tackle anyone, anyone!! I want to see how many missed tackles came out from that game