Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Seemlar posted:

Jordie is also apparently being investigated for a stalking a journalist and is claiming it's a press conspiracy to 'cancel' him, so maybe there could be a better messenger for shining a light on political corruption than Millennial Latham

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Seemlar posted:

Millennial Latham

:noice:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm laughing at people chowing down greedily on on the story that jordies is a stalker

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
But he calls himself friendly!

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
That's because he's a Nice Guy

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Hello if you are an American who reads this thread for bizzare reason I have questions to ask you

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Jordies also talks poo poo about Greens and Greens adjacent stuff, and this thread doesn't like anything that isn't 100% alligned to their view.

Enemy of my enemy is also my enemy and all that. Can't we be happy that the NSW lnp is getting dunked on?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Brisbane watch house officer suspended over the death of Indigenous woman Aunty Sherry Tilberoo

quote:

A Queensland watch house officer has been suspended following an investigation into the recent death of an Indigenous woman in custody.

Aunty Sherry Tilberoo, 49, was found dead in her cell at the Brisbane watch house on September 10.

Assistant Commissioner Codd said advice from the coroner remains that Ms Tilberoo died of natural causes.

"Natural causes" for an Aboriginal death in custody in this country still includes hanging yourself with your hands tied behind your back and spontaneous heart attacks with associated boot shaped bruising on the chest.

But actually seeing a cop being even slightly inconvenienced for allowing an indigenous woman to die is progress.

quote:

Assistant Commissioner Codd said the suspended person was not a sworn police officer, but rather an assistant watch house officer employed under a different regime.

Ah. I wonder if their official job description is "designated sacrificial lamb".

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Hello if you are an American who reads this thread for bizzare reason I have questions to ask you

Shoot!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Melbourne Florida

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What's the Supreme Court of Melbourne Online?

CKH was found hanging in his cell at Maryborough correctional centre in the early hours of 7 November 2012. In the preceding months he had, at various times, been accommodated in the MCC safety unit due to self-reported suicidal ideation. However, two days prior to his death CKH's risk classification was lowered and, having already begun a process of reintegration, he was returned to a regular cell. The drawstring on a prison laundry bag, thinner than it should have been, enabled CKH to fashion a noose through the otherwise inaccessible holes in an air vent.

ISSUES RAISED
Mental health / cognitive impairment.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Brisbane watch house officer suspended over the death of Indigenous woman Aunty Sherry Tilberoo

"Natural causes" for an Aboriginal death in custody in this country still includes hanging yourself with your hands tied behind your back and spontaneous heart attacks with associated boot shaped bruising on the chest.

But actually seeing a cop being even slightly inconvenienced for allowing an indigenous woman to die is progress.

Ah. I wonder if their official job description is "designated sacrificial lamb".

This was my actual reading of the situation. loving hilarious too because the "just following orders" guy is against the wall, but really should also be seeing those in command catch some flak too.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Government paid 10 times what Western Sydney Airport land was worth, audit finds

quote:

Serious concerns were raised about why only one valuation of the land was obtained prior to the sale, and why that work was done by a valuer suggested by LPC.

:thunk:

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Alleging that Tilberoo's death was a covered-up murder is not helpful.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I proudly commit my allegiance to our selfless heroes in the Thin Grey Area

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Melbourne Florida

under lockdown

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

What's the Supreme Court of Melbourne Online?

CKH was found hanging in his cell at Maryborough correctional centre in the early hours of 7 November 2012. In the preceding months he had, at various times, been accommodated in the MCC safety unit due to self-reported suicidal ideation. However, two days prior to his death CKH's risk classification was lowered and, having already begun a process of reintegration, he was returned to a regular cell. The drawstring on a prison laundry bag, thinner than it should have been, enabled CKH to fashion a noose through the otherwise inaccessible holes in an air vent.

ISSUES RAISED
Mental health / cognitive impairment.

yes

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

freebooter posted:

Yes, because Aboriginal people have such a connection to the land that being severed from it by being placed in a concrete cell can cause them to wither and die. This is why so many die in custody each year. Definitely that and not from either neglect or active malevolence.

Or, the cops heard her crying for help and made sure their little patsy did nothing to help her because they're racist loving monsters.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I’m an Italian Australian, and honestly the accents jordies does is hard to listen too. I only watch him because of the stuff he says, I try to ignore how he says it.

As for “about as racist as a wogboy sketch” the difference is that wogboy was written and performed by immigrants.

I remember jordies once said in retaliation that he’s family is from Europe somewhere. But honestly I really don’t care, those accents just undermine his points.

He wants to be better than the right wing fuckheads? Then drop the accents. It belittles his point, and gives right wing media something to attack him on.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

freebooter posted:

When your reply button says "Submit Milquetoast Reply"

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Seemlar posted:

Jordie is also apparently being investigated for a stalking a journalist and is claiming it's a press conspiracy to 'cancel' him, so maybe there could be a better messenger for shining a light on political corruption than Millennial Latham

Jordies fucken cancelled himself with that lovely labor-hack hit piece he did on the unemployment union. If anyone witnessed that and didnt come away with the rather obvious realisation that he's an upper class union busting scab, they are very very confused.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

freebooter posted:

What in the gently caress are you smoking?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

When your reply button says "Submit Milquetoast Reply"

Turn your monitor on.

E: how the hell of saying someone’s death is covered up murder not helpful? Jfc

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Into The Mild posted:

I’m an Italian Australian, and honestly the accents jordies does is hard to listen too. I only watch him because of the stuff he says, I try to ignore how he says it.

As for “about as racist as a wogboy sketch” the difference is that wogboy was written and performed by immigrants.

I remember jordies once said in retaliation that he’s family is from Europe somewhere. But honestly I really don’t care, those accents just undermine his points.

He wants to be better than the right wing fuckheads? Then drop the accents. It belittles his point, and gives right wing media something to attack him on.

I remember him saying he himself was a wog in a recent video to defend himself.

Gotta remember, whilst he's suddenly some labor social media darling, he cut his teeth being a youtube stooge. He could drop all the weird poo poo, but then he'd be betraying his original fanbase.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Recoome posted:

Turn your monitor on.

E: how the hell of saying someone’s death is covered up murder not helpful? Jfc

That statement kinda seems to be saying the opposite

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Recoome posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Never. I'll be guessing what you're all posting when I reply forever.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I love the brokebrain sovcit idea that if you don't physically touch the fine you haven't been served

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

QUACKTASTIC posted:

That statement kinda seems to be saying the opposite

I'm confused.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Never. I'll be guessing what you're all posting when I reply forever.

Same

Solemn Sloth posted:

I love the brokebrain sovcit idea that if you don't physically touch the fine you haven't been served

Americans have a lot to answer for here, I suspect.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Maritime law hangover from when you could feasibly sail away maybe.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I wanna go back to when maritime law involved black powder

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Bring back keelhauling.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Periphery posted:

Bring back keelhauling.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yes, because Aboriginal people have such a connection to the land that being severed from it by being placed in a concrete cell can cause them to wither and die. This is why so many die in custody each year. Definitely that and not from either neglect or active malevolence.

Or, the cops heard her crying for help and made sure their little patsy did nothing to help her because they're racist loving monsters.

I didn't say it wasn't from neglect. (Or that the higher rates of alcoholism, self-harm and adverse health conditions aren't a direct result of 200 years of oppression). There is a huge difference between neglect, and active murder covered up by an independent coroner.

Both of them are bad. One of them is what actually happened. Pretending that every death in custody is a straight-up murder is false, and pushing a false narrative is not helpful for a cause.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
if you trap someone in a small room while they're unwell then decline to address their basic needs until they are dead, it's really easy to claim it was an accident later

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

It's a bit ironic but "This isn't helping your cause" is the least helpful response you can give when faced with someone venting in frustration and anger about institutionalised abuses of human rights and decencies, that are often covered up by the institutions to protect themselves and their mates from scrutiny and responsibility.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

yes it appears that this person definitely had medical attention withheld and yes someone has already been scapegoated for it but would you just consider lowering your voice and being just a bit more rational?? Screaming about deaths in custody won't accomplish anything, you're being too emotional here to engage in a debate on whether deaths in custody should be occurring. We can talk about this when you've calmed down a bit and stopped being so angry.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
freebootlicker

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

freebooter posted:

I didn't say it wasn't from neglect. (Or that the higher rates of alcoholism, self-harm and adverse health conditions aren't a direct result of 200 years of oppression). There is a huge difference between neglect, and active murder covered up by an independent coroner.

Both of them are bad. One of them is what actually happened. Pretending that every death in custody is a straight-up murder is false, and pushing a false narrative is not helpful for a cause.

lol you pathetic loving worm

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

bandaid.friend posted:

if you trap someone in a small room while they're unwell then decline to address their basic needs until they are dead, it's really easy to claim it was an accident later

basically the same MO as Jigsaw from Saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

basically the same MO as Jigsaw from Saw.

He kept getting away with it too.