Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Previous Thread: Auspol Autumn - Dictator Dan banned good posting

Our Australian Community
AusGBS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910734
Auspol Chill out Zone:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690833

In the interests of making sure all Australian communities are seen and heard. Please be on your best behaviour. Theres also a mythical Auspol discord but we don't talk about it.

Australian News

Wuhaniel Andrews keeps Victoria in his iron grip in attempt to defeat a virus no more deadly then getting mauled to death by a shark. A brave band of rebels lead by powerful Batmancer Tim Smith remains the only hope for this bastion of freedom.

Other News

NSW nationals rebel when told they can no longer bathe in the blood of koalas.

Other Other News

apparently the ACT has an election but who the gently caress cares lmao.

tommu (pictued below) really made this op, i made a really poo poo one that anidav deleted

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fantastic. great move. well done hambeet.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

not predicting great things for australian politics over the next quarter. just a hunch

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
this is the sort of OP the police state of victoria endorses

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Deleted

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Daniel “Hitler” Andrews

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Daniel “Hitler” Andrews

More like Adolf "Dandrews" Hitler.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving anidav edited my thread

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's not hte first time he's pulled poo poo on me.

tyranny in our time

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

it's not hte first time he's pulled poo poo on me.

tyranny in our time

didn't even credit my alternative OP smdh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he's not that thin he's a more of a tub guts. see op

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

didn't even credit my alternative OP smdh

hahah rude, i'll put that in there for you

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Karvelas asked if this is an appropriate tactic to take at this time as the NSW government is still working to control the Covid-19 pandemic and has been called, by former Coalition leaders, the best government in Australia.

Joyce:

What does that have to do with koalas?

Karvelas:

Quite a lot! I will help you out. Obviously there is a crisis going on. Is blowing up the government during one of the biggest crises we have seen in this country appropriate, good timing?

Joyce:

No! They are blowing up their own government because they had ample warning to deal with this issue, ample ... This issue has been under the surface; they have known all about it, and now they say this is a big surprise. The only big surprise is that you didn’t deal with this way back, and the only big surprise, don’t worry about the Nationals, keep pushing and pushing and bluffing, they will always fold.

I am glad they are not folding. No, you are not treating us with respect. You think we have to fold because we have to, when you put a guilt trip, be the best government. The best government would have dealt with this a long time ago, and the best government would have realised it should not have come to this point, and the best government would have brought into the room (planning) minister Rob Stokes and said, ‘Mate, forget it, drop the idea, stop it, it will cause more harm than it is worth.’ That is what the best government would have done.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Danathan 'Wuhanathan' Andrews

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak posted:

not predicting great things for australian politics over the next quarter. just a hunch
next decade honestly

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
voted 5 great thread beet

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
New thread, why posted???

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

kirbysuperstar posted:

voted 5 great thread beet

Tommunist posted:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

More like Adolf "Dandrews" Hitler.

More like Adolfstein 'Dandrews' Hitlerberg

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Tommunist posted:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Fart on thread, Beet OP.

DJP was arrested by police in Kalgoorlie about 1pm on 8 January 2011 for failing to obey a move-on notice. He was intoxicated and became aggressive during check in, and repeatedly told police he was "a sick man". Police did not complete the required welfare questions but placed DJP into a high-risk category due to his alcoholism and chronic health issues. At 3.30pm he fell over in the cell and died following a seizure. His family suggested the seizure could have been caused by an attack on him by two white teenagers, which had been put on YouTube three weeks earlier.

ISSUES RAISED
Procedures not all followed, mental health / cognitive impairment.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Set in the distant future amidst a feudal interstellar society in which various noble houses control planetary fiefs, kew tells the story of young Tim Smith, whose family accepts the stewardship of the planet kew. While the planet is an inhospitable and sparsely populated desert wasteland, it is the only source of Bat, or "the spice", a drug that extends life and enhances mental abilities. Bat is also necessary for space navigation, which requires a kind of multidimensional awareness and foresight that only the drug provides. As Bat can only be produced on Kew, control of the planet is thus a coveted and dangerous undertaking. The story explores the multi-layered interactions of politics, religion, ecology, technology, and human emotion, as the factions of the empire confront each other in a struggle for the control of Kew and its spice.

https://youtu.be/9wjZrswriz0

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 10, 2020

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I imagine a Batmancer summons Adam West and Burt Ward to Pow! Bap! Thump! their enemies.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Please stop sending me auspol stubby coolers it is deeply hosed to do so in this time when I am still drinking porters

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Dictator 'Dav.

Protecting us from LOWTAX-19

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So what's the deal with Pally and Scomo and this QLD border-funeral business? It's a month away from the state election so it's a little hard to decipher what actually happened and what's Murdoch mud-slinging.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Roger Explosion posted:

So what's the deal with Pally and Scomo and this QLD border-funeral business? It's a month away from the state election so it's a little hard to decipher what actually happened and what's Murdoch mud-slinging.

It sounds like the prime minister of Australia has a surprisingly open schedule considering there's a pandemic on.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Why you skip Winter?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Pleasant Friend posted:

Why you skip Winter?

what's winter?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First impressions of Spirited Away from someone who's interests do not come close to Anime.

For context, I am a 6ft 260lb Strongman who likes Quentin Tarantino films, drinking good quality IPAs, Bourbon and Rum. I like tech-metal and heavy electronic music. I have never had any interest in anime before, it has never appealed to.me, nothing about it.

I had surgery on my arm last week and am signed off work for the next 6 weeks, can go for a walk, but can't drive. I cannot use my right hand so am fairly limited in what I can do.

Today, I decided to out my prejudice behind me and give Spirited Away a go, I had heard of Studio Ghibli and thought, 'why not?'

I have to admit, I absolutely loved it. I had no idea what to expect, but I love how the story evolves constantly. The whole film escalates continuously in a dream like world that kept my attention the entire way through. I'm prone to drifting during films, but I was watching properly the whole time.

The plot, characters, storyline and setting kept expanding, so rapidly, that before long I wasn't concentrating on the 'why's', just accepting what was happening for the sake of an adventure film and going with it.

Don't get me wrong, I have so many questions that I'm happy to leave unanswered, such as:

Why are they all animals?

Why are there some humans that noone is questioning?

What is No-Face?

Why does the bathouse business need to exist?

Why is there suddenly a Geisha house?

Why is there a disproportionate amount of frogs?

Why does the bird lady look identical to Margaret Thatcher?

Why is No-Face eating everybody?

What on earth is this giant baby doing?

Why does Alice in Wonderland look like a day trip to the beach after this?

Why does No-Face go completely back to normal after leaving?

I think No-Face is absolutely fantastic for reasons unbeknownst to me.

I was dreading that there would be a 'she woke up and it was all a dream' ending and was glad to see there was a subtler, more clever ending to it than that.

Highly impressed, never thought I'd watch an anime film yet alone enjoy it.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Scomo/murdoch going for round 2 after pulling similar poo poo two weeks ago. They claimed a pregnant woman lost her child because of QLD border restrictions. It turns out NSW officials misinformed her (there is a medical emergency exemption to get around the border rules) and she never actually attempted to cross the border. LNP are just straight dogshit people so they have been trying to use this to convince qlders that the border restrictions are bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if the funeral stuff turns out to be half-truths as well. Regardless, if we have a covid outbreak there is going to be a lot more funerals that people can't attend.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's a bit sad but at the same time funerals have been under pretty intense restrictions with limited numbers of people being able to attend at a time before and it was just accepted as a part of the things we had to do. We had goddamn cops busting into them and checking everyone out to the point that mourners left due to the sheer intimidation factor but now it's a bridge too far.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sparticle posted:

Scomo/murdoch going for round 2 after pulling similar poo poo two weeks ago. They claimed a pregnant woman lost her child because of QLD border restrictions. It turns out NSW officials misinformed her (there is a medical emergency exemption to get around the border rules) and she never actually attempted to cross the border.

Do you have a source for that bit? Hadn't heard it.

E: also absolutely want to shove Scotty in a blender. "It's not about politicians. It's not about elections. The only thing that matters today is that Sarah can be with her 11-year-old sister and her mother while they mourn the passing of their father and husband at Mt Gravatt today."

No you absolute useless fuckwit, gently caress off back to Hawaii and don't come back.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 10, 2020

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Knobb Manwich posted:

Do you have a source for that bit? Hadn't heard it.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...nied-healthcare

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

First impressions of Spirited Away from someone who's interests do not come close to Anime.

For context, I am a 6ft 260lb Strongman who likes Quentin Tarantino films, drinking good quality IPAs, Bourbon and Rum. I like tech-metal and heavy electronic music. I have never had any interest in anime before, it has never appealed to.me, nothing about it.

I had surgery on my arm last week and am signed off work for the next 6 weeks, can go for a walk, but can't drive. I cannot use my right hand so am fairly limited in what I can do.

Today, I decided to out my prejudice behind me and give Spirited Away a go, I had heard of Studio Ghibli and thought, 'why not?'

I have to admit, I absolutely loved it. I had no idea what to expect, but I love how the story evolves constantly. The whole film escalates continuously in a dream like world that kept my attention the entire way through. I'm prone to drifting during films, but I was watching properly the whole time.

The plot, characters, storyline and setting kept expanding, so rapidly, that before long I wasn't concentrating on the 'why's', just accepting what was happening for the sake of an adventure film and going with it.

Don't get me wrong, I have so many questions that I'm happy to leave unanswered, such as:

Why are they all animals?

Why are there some humans that noone is questioning?

What is No-Face?

Why does the bathouse business need to exist?

Why is there suddenly a Geisha house?

Why is there a disproportionate amount of frogs?

Why does the bird lady look identical to Margaret Thatcher?

Why is No-Face eating everybody?

What on earth is this giant baby doing?

Why does Alice in Wonderland look like a day trip to the beach after this?

Why does No-Face go completely back to normal after leaving?

I think No-Face is absolutely fantastic for reasons unbeknownst to me.

I was dreading that there would be a 'she woke up and it was all a dream' ending and was glad to see there was a subtler, more clever ending to it than that.

Highly impressed, never thought I'd watch an anime film yet alone enjoy it.

Hahaha how’d you hurt your arm Cobba hahaha wanking off right hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ta.

Scotty doubled down and says we're at risk of losing our humanity in this pandemic. I agree, we are literally losing humanity when people die.

I would love to know how this story came to Scott's attention.