Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Just preordered my Series X on Microsoft store website (not because of the Bethesda news, I was getting one anyway). :woop:

Edit: Microsoft website that is. Not their store app or anything.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Literally every Aussie site except Microsoft.com poo poo itself during preorders. I thought I was out of luck.

Good luck in America where people actually care about this console.

Although several didn't even list it despite being ready for ps5 surprise launch.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

American McGay posted:

You can use OneCast on macOS for (local) Xbox streaming.

This is amazing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aussies for the most part didn't even know about Bethesda either since we just woke up.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Literally every Aussie site except Microsoft.com poo poo itself during preorders. I thought I was out of luck.

Good luck in America where people actually care about this console.

Although several didn't even list it despite being ready for ps5 surprise launch.

I was going to preorder through JB-Hifi but in their terms it says "Due to stock demand a pre-order does not guarantee availability on the day of release" so I think through Microsoft is the safer option.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

TheScott2K posted:

They'd probably need to finally make official osx drivers for the bonetroller and the 360 one. Other than that, no not really.

I thought those already existed? AFAIK both generations of Xbox controller work right out of the box with MacOS

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fanatic posted:

I was going to preorder through JB-Hifi but in their terms it says "Due to stock demand a pre-order does not guarantee availability on the day of release" so I think through Microsoft is the safer option.

I forgot to check MS at first and JB poo poo itself on me so I couldn't. Didn't see that note, that's dumb.

Did Amazon and Big W never list it? I live in an apartment on top of a Big W so they are convenient.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

EB is opening their preorders from midday it seems taking a look. Want to do the tradein deal for my one X, unless JB is doing something similar?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Fanatic posted:

Just preordered my Series X on Microsoft store (not because of the Bethesda news, I was getting one anyway). :woop:

Was it a smooth process going through MS? Never used their store before.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I forgot to check MS at first and JB poo poo itself on me so I couldn't. Didn't see that note, that's dumb.

Did Amazon and Big W never list it? I live in an apartment on top of a Big W so they are convenient.

I didn't look. After seeing JB's terms I'm a bit skeptical whether any of them will be able to fulfil orders 100%. :v:

Edit:

Thom12255 posted:

Was it a smooth process going through MS? Never used their store before.

Yeah it worked fine for me. The pre-order button changed to "Configure" at 8am sharp, then you just click through some options (HDD size, additional controllers, Gold subscription etc.) then checkout. Hopefully their website doesn't poo poo itself in the US though.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 21, 2020

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

hanyolo posted:

EB is opening their preorders from midday it seems taking a look. Want to do the tradein deal for my one X, unless JB is doing something similar?

That’s good to know, I’m hoping to trade my X for my... Series X? God drat it Microsoft.

Also god drat I just realised the possibilities this announcement opens up. Just imagine Forge in Halo Infinite with Skyrim assets.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Thought i’d give the MS store a go after eb games crapped out but it’s stuck on the configure now prompt

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Fanatic posted:

I didn't look. After seeing JB's terms I'm a bit skeptical whether any of them will be able to fulfil orders 100%. :v:

Edit:

Yeah it worked fine for me. The pre-order button changed to "Configure" at 8am sharp, then you just click through some options (HDD size, additional controllers, Gold subscription etc.) then checkout. Hopefully their website doesn't poo poo itself in the US though.

I didn't know they were giving you HDD options, what were they?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Thom12255 posted:

I didn't know they were giving you HDD options, what were they?

I worded that poorly. You have to click 1TB because there is no other option. lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im not sure there even are preorders in japan.

Time to find out in 7 minutes

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Sounds like they've already sold out in Australia at major retailers as well as Microsoft AU and Amazon AU. :eek:

EB Games to open pre-orders at 12pm(AEST).

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

MediaMarkt opening at 9AM Berlin time. Seeing some stores already reporting lack of inventory :ohdear: could be just newly added SKUs though

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fanatic posted:

Sounds like they've already sold out in Australia at major retailers as well as Microsoft AU and Amazon AU. :eek:

EB Games to open pre-orders at 12pm(AEST).

EB games preorders were live at 8 but their servers poo poo themselves when I tried to check out so I bought it on MS instead.

Pretty sure they never went live on Amazon, that was my first choice. They offered $30 credit for the ps5 for prime members.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Setting expectations... Good luck folks if you're trying for one
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1308192698457677824

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

my first thought was what is xbox xis

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
All the big Xbox dudes on twitter having vault boy profile pics is pretty funny. I'm absolutely going to look like a dickhead in two years when I'm proven wrong but I actually have high(er) hopes for fallout 5 than I did a few days ago for sure

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The new Xbox phone app + remote streaming effectively turns your Xbox (and phone) into a Switch (or I guess more accurately a WiiU) if you want to dick around in a game but not tie up the TV. Might look around for a cheapo phone clip. Perfect for NFL Sundays where I wanna watch the game but I don't actually want to watch the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I actually have high(er) hopes for fallout 5 than I did a few days ago for sure

why?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I got the impression the franchise was just getting put on the backburner until the next elder scrolls game but the Xbox guys choosing the mascot of the fallout series to punctuate the Bethesda purchase means they see some value in the franchise that I didn't really get from Bethesda. Maybe we still have to wait a few years to get any news like before but it's nice to see the IP get some love from the big souless company that owns it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

People seem to think that MS buying Bethesda means Bethesda games will no longer be made by Bethesda. Unfortunately, MS doesn't have a good track record wrt keeping incompetent devs off beloved IPs

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Look i can ride this feeling of optimism until they announce anything which is gonna be years so let me have this

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

All the big Xbox dudes on twitter having vault boy profile pics is pretty funny. I'm absolutely going to look like a dickhead in two years when I'm proven wrong but I actually have high(er) hopes for fallout 5 than I did a few days ago for sure

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1308044609604341763?s=19

And MS in this thread gets poo poo on for "no" exclusives, you're out of your mind if you think they're gonna share out side of what's already contracted. Expect the Bethesda/MS/Nintendo relationship to continue, but Sony getting locked out after Ghostwire and deathloop, they're not gonna do like they did with Tomb raider again. There's an option for folks who don't want an Xbox, it's called an Android phone.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
IDK about on Xbox, but Fallout 76 is really such a piece of poo poo technically, even ignoring the creative issues

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Apparently Gamestops in the states are getting like four Xs and 2 Ss as their allocation and there may or may not have been a huge fuckup with the stock for the first round of pre-orders from EB in Australia.

Sounds like possibly supply issues.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don't think I have higher hopes, but it would be hard for me to expect lower at this point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1308044609604341763?s=19

And MS in this thread gets poo poo on for "no" exclusives, you're out of your mind if you think they're gonna share out side of what's already contracted. Expect the Bethesda/MS/Nintendo relationship to continue, but Sony getting locked out after Ghostwire and deathloop, they're not gonna do like they did with Tomb raider again. There's an option for folks who don't want an Xbox, it's called an Android phone.

yeah take that people who said microsoft doesnt have exclusives, they have loads! as of 12 hours ago! and well we also have to wait for contractual obligations to be fulfilled, and then i'm assuming microsoft acts the way i expect them to, but yes they will have exclusives in a few years. i was right all along actually

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's the weirdest thing about this to me is that Microsoft keep doing this thing where they go, "Give us a few years and we'll have those exclusives you keep asking for" and it never really happens, and obviously that could change now, but it's not like Bethesda put out games frequently.

We've seen more of Fable than we have of Starfield, even.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I got a ps5 and Xbox no problem. Bow to your god.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I got a ps5 and Xbox no problem. Bow to your god.

You get an X or an S?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bots apparently got a lot of the Ebgames 9am allocations for australia.

i dont get how someone hasnt developed a webstore platform that stops bots from working on it but I imagine its because nobody who has a digital storefront cares that the stock tehy want to sell is gobbled up in seconds.

I blame Nike and sneaker morons.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Shirkelton posted:

Apparently Gamestops in the states are getting like four Xs and 2 Ss as their allocation and there may or may not have been a huge fuckup with the stock for the first round of pre-orders from EB in Australia.

Sounds like possibly supply issues.

Wouldn’t surprise me, launch allocations are always difficult.

This just reminded me of working at EB for the midnight launch of the 360. Worked until like 2am and then got rostered on to open at 8 (which I’m pretty sure is illegal but lol it was EB). I’m a brain genius so of course I played Oblivion until 3 and then slept in. Only made it in to open the store at 8.30 because the manager from Maccas opposite us called me and asked where the gently caress I was. Somehow I managed to not get fired for that.

If you tried to buy a 360 in Hobart on launch day, lol sorry

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ethanol posted:

how do you not already have skyrim

I bought it for the 360 but I haven't played the Xbone edition

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shirkelton posted:

You get an X or an S?

X of course. Pish posh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

I bought it for the 360 but I haven't played the Xbone edition

My condolences on your load times, jeezum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8 billion dollars is more than the entire xbox division is worth. Its the new minecraft and likewise being kept separate organizationally. unless devaluing assets that make money is the plan at xbox and given past history maybe it is