Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I thought the defenders were the ones who had to come up delaying tactics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

NGC773 posted:

Come to Querious. There are 900 nerds in P-Z right now looking for a fight.

Tell Vily he owes me 40$ CDN ( about 25 US cents at this point) for making me sub accounts he's too coward to make me use.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Tsed posted:

Today the alliance paid me 100m for losing a ratting myrm to a blops drop

eve 2020

Wait what? We reimburse ratting ships now?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

NGC773 posted:

There are 15 Imperium structure timers in Querious today and 23 tomorrow. I don't think the Big Dick Anaconda Coalition has stalled just yet...

Remove the Athanor and Astra timers and then tell me how many there are

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NGC773 posted:

There are 15 Imperium structure timers in Querious today and 23 tomorrow. I don't think the Big Dick Anaconda Coalition has stalled just yet...

Imagine I posted the :bhagdadbob: emote here, I can't find it.

Also, it was freaking Elise who named the coalition Anaconda on TIS. His logic? "Vily is gonna slowly encircle and choke out the Imperium like an Anaconda".

I mean... I was expecting a slow slog of a war, but come on do something *pokes both sides with sticks* welp more T3s!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Real talk for a second though, I don't think Fountain was a long term strategic goal for Anaconda. I think it was more of a "can we bring the fight to Imperium's home and succeed?" The answer is yes. I feel had they not glassed Fountain, they wouldn't be trying to go for Querious and eventually Delve.

But for whatever drat reason, they seem to have stopped because I don't know, PGL's magic ran out?

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
This is what I imagine whenever forums poster DGC773 talks about Anaconda Coalition:

Yes, I know this is a boa, not an anaconda

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

iospace posted:

Real talk for a second though, I don't think Fountain was a long term strategic goal for Anaconda. I think it was more of a "can we bring the fight to Imperium's home and succeed?" The answer is yes. I feel had they not glassed Fountain, they wouldn't be trying to go for Querious and eventually Delve.

But for whatever drat reason, they seem to have stopped because I don't know, PGL's magic ran out?

Panfam just wanted to glass Fountain as a "gently caress you for co2"

Come to Querious there are several BD Anaconda full fleets out every evening covering entosising and shooting structures.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

OH FUCKIN NO NOT QUERIOUS

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Dalael posted:

Wait what? We reimburse ratting ships now?

Only specific fits (the Myrm), but yes. Also mining ships.

It's very silly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vyst posted:

OH FUCKIN NO NOT QUERIOUS

You can't be Querious!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
come to fake querious and I'll give maybe a bit of a poo poo

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

NGC773 posted:

Come to Querious there are several BD Anaconda full fleets out every evening covering entosising and shooting structures.

You're aware that we're defenders and it's you who has to come to us?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

querious, the region we wanted so badly we gave it to some no name alliances if they’d fight each other in it

the more things change, the more they stay the same

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

iospace posted:

Because realistically the next stage is Delve, and where Querious and Fountain were both floodplains delve is Decidedly Not.

They're going to have to throw themselves bodily at our gates for a long time before they gain a foothold, and I imagine after a long period of move ops and pussyfooting they're considering the morale impact of running into a meatgrinder against the alliance that invented running into meatgrinders.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Claptain posted:

I mean, if you wanna defend your space, you gotta go to them to stop them so the logic checks out? :v:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

The Claptain posted:

We are, Querious is fully of Imperium sovereignty and structures..... Delve is next.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Tsed posted:

Only specific fits (the Myrm), but yes. Also mining ships.

It's very silly.

drat... Atrum is becoming soft in his old age

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

NGC773 posted:

We are, Querious is fully of Imperium sovereignty and structures..... Delve is next.

By the time you're done wasting everyone's time in Querious we will have built Fountain back up and you'll have to go back there

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Because realistically the next stage is Delve, and where Querious and Fountain were both floodplains delve is Decidedly Not.

They're going to have to throw themselves bodily at our gates for a long time before they gain a foothold, and I imagine after a long period of move ops and pussyfooting they're considering the morale impact of running into a meatgrinder against the alliance that invented running into meatgrinders.

Hence why anaconda need a solid base to stage out of, that will be querious. Once Querious is glassed then the entire effort can be put on Delve.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

querious, the region we wanted so badly we gave it to some no name alliances if they’d fight each other in it

I feel like if you own Delve, Querious is sorta like that big open killzone you put around your fort. It's yours, but it exists to be a big wide open space that you can lob poo poo at from the comfort of inside your fort.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

NGC773 posted:

nobody tell them about the querious fight club please this is hilarious

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

NGC773 posted:

You guys are the video game equivalent of that guy who rips his shirt off and goes "come at me bro" but never actually throws a punch...

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

NGC773 posted:

Hence why anaconda need a solid base to stage out of, that will be querious. Once Querious is glassed then the entire effort can be put on Delve.

ChickenWing posted:

I feel like if you own Delve, Querious is sorta like that big open killzone you put around your fort. It's yours, but it exists to be a big wide open space that you can lob poo poo at from the comfort of inside your fort.

I really appreciate that these posts came in this order

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
“Fortress Querious” -said no-one ever.

Numismancer posted:

I fully expect you to supply arms to the fight club Contras so they can repell the reptilian menace.

Edit: that makes you the ginger Gleason from Air America and Jay is Tom Cruise. Wooooo!

Rapulum_Dei fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 22, 2020

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

evilweasel posted:

They have a name, it’s just terrible. They’re anaconda.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Numismancer posted:

Also don't tell him for how long Test was being held back in Querious by a single altcorp.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Numismancer posted:

QFC is a better name for the shopping cart full of late night bad ideas besieging us than anaconda. Vote to rebrand them accordingly.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I think it's time somebody tells him this isn't reddit and he's not going to get fake points for regurgitating what he hears in his sota or whatever the gently caress they call it.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Anias posted:

QFC is a better name for the shopping cart full of late night bad ideas besieging us than anaconda. Vote to rebrand them accordingly.

genius

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anias posted:

And NGC is Querious George

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rust Martialis posted:

:perfect:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So it seems like the original plan was to push on all three floodplains simultaneously. Pandemic would push from the north through Fountain, Brave from the east through Querious, and Test from the south through Period Basis. Once all three made it to the gates of Delve it would be harder to defend from all three fronts and you'd also have a proper siege of Delve.

Only: Test failed miserably in Period Basis and was unable to take a single system, and Querious is an enormous labyrinthian swamp so no real progress was made there either. Pandemic did successfully push all the way through Fountain, but since it's easily the worst route into Delve as well as the furthest from the capitals of any of the Idiot Brigade, they've now left. I guess the new plan is to just join forces and go through the labyrinth into the buzzsaw together as friends.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

No.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

NGC773 posted:

I'll let our guys know they need to max-cap total fleet participation at ~599 so we don't accidently blob.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
the pubs have the memory of goldfish so they forgot they already conquered querious in early august before losing it again in a matter of days like they did fountain lawl

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
not really sure why anyone would be lame enough to brand their group as a snake

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Numismancer posted:

the pubs have the memory of goldfish so they forgot they already conquered querious in early august before losing it again in a matter of days like they did fountain lawl

this is the best part about this whole Querious chest beating nonsense - I felt like I was the only one who remembered when BRAVE captured like 75% of the region

and Test did something (?)

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
then again we should've been MITTENS KITTENS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Bill you need an avatar. Imma get you an avatar.