Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Climate refugee console comparison:
  • PS5: large, heavy, awkward shape, fragile protuberances, hard to disguise when the raiders come, controllers with low battery cycle counts will be pricier to barter for
  • Xbox: compact, rectangular shape, easy to pack, Series S is light, xCloud lets you play on the go and in tent cities, Gamepass means less need for discs and more room for water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the xbxo sereis x is not compact you're comparing jupiter to uranus

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why in your disaster scenario is the internet not the first thing to go locking you out of game pass anyways get real

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

uvar posted:

• PS5: large, heavy, awkward shape, fragile protuberances, hard to disguise when the raiders come, controllers with low battery cycle counts will be pricier to barter for
  • Xbox: compact, rectangular shape, easy to pack, Series S is light, xCloud lets you play on the go and in tent cities, Gamepass means less need for discs and more room for water

:five:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

uvar posted:

sorry vita wins any possible comparison and we already know its true thanks to neil druckmanns documentary tlou2

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

uvar posted:

This is the info I needed, thanks

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

on a desert island you have one thing you can bring what are you gonna do hotspot in the middleof hte pacific, nobody thinks things through in here

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

desperately finding signal for my sat phone so i can update dead rising 3 to get a higher res concrete texture

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Stux posted:

desperately finding signal for my sat phone so i can update dead rising 3 to get a higher res concrete texture

turn on the facebook sat one, elon musk one got hit with a korean rocket

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Disposable Scud posted:

Why does this thread get so heated?

The real Xbox was the enemies we made in the shark tank

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its for people that have stable internet.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Laserface posted:

its for people that have stable internet.

are you quoting mattrick or not this thread is wild

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It was the response to the question about the gang tag

I don't actually know what it's for but I asked for one and I got it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok less disconnect in my head then cos i was reading that as some left thing which was clearly clashing with your bizzare posts about people with bad internet not deserving entertainment or whatever

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

please tell me how many poor people you know with $499 to spare for videogames.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Laserface posted:

Ah a puritan that says poor people should only do hard work and have no fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Laserface posted:

consoles drop in price. the one with the always online was an xbone which has been a lot cheaper for a long tim enow and are owned by less wealthy people. also internet stuff is regional and even well off people can just have bad luck and have garbage coverage. youre just having a completely weird reaction to something that had absolutely no point to it. there was no feature or benefit to the always online except it let them remove used game sales from discs. u should log off and take a walk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Laserface posted:

Lets not please.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The console war ended in 2017 when xbox went to pc and nintendo went to strictly portable creating total games coverage for the consumer without buying a redundant product.

Now its all just jockeying as ms becomes an ip holding company, sony releases 3rd person dad games at an ever faster rate, and nintendo creates scarcity for digital remasters

Anxiously awaiting Bloodborne 2: Fear the Old Dad

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Laserface posted:

lol are you loving serious?

connect to your phones wifi hotspot you loving imbecile.

you know the same phone that could achieve this simple work around in 2013.
Hi I don't know if you know other countries other than America exist considering this is the America Console thread, but

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
if you shlubs subbed to T-Mo you'd have tethering included. But you just had to go with the network with "reliability" and "coverage"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

bushisms.txt posted:

From the day MS announced the xbone until after that terrible E3, they were constantly moving their positions trying to find a way to ease the bullshit. They never gave concrete anything other than they were taking away things, which led to the absurd PS4 share video.

I will never forgive Sony for that video. Never, ever, ever, ever. It hurt my precious fee-fees. Ooh! It just makes me so mad.

Disposable Scud posted:

The Shark Tank is full of holes and they forget which thread they're in sometimes.

Escape Goat posted:

The real Xbox was the enemies we made in the shark tank

It's weird how I poked my head in there the other day and somebody started bitching about how I was the ultimate console warrior or some hyperbolic poo poo. I should start paying them rent or something.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Disposable Scud posted:

because the cooling system is inadequate, like the one in the 360

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Laserface posted:

videogames are way cheaper than vacations

or a large number of medical bills

big TVs are even cheaper now

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
like being able to spend hundreds of dollars on AV equipment with a years-long lifespan occasionally is not the same as accumulating even the most basic levels of wealth how do people not know this

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I still can’t get over Don Mattrick saying that requiring a console to be connected to the internet at all times was “futureproofing” and not “literally the exact opposite of future proofing”

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hi I don't know if you know other countries other than America exist considering this is the America Console thread, but

I’m glad someone said it. I live in one of the most affluent, tech-savvy countries in the world and I had to literally switch phone carriers last month to get hotspot access.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

like being able to spend hundreds of dollars on AV equipment with a years-long lifespan occasionally is not the same as accumulating even the most basic levels of wealth how do people not know this

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

How did this not feature a series x

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just bought a softmod kit for me OG Xbawx :getin:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

After today’s Amazon mixups its pretty safe to say you can now change refrigerator to one X.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vg please have this autoplay on every page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRIoxIlAQY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arkane presents: Conker's 451'st Bad Fur Day

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gutcruncher posted:

I still can’t get over Don Mattrick saying that requiring a console to be connected to the internet at all times was “futureproofing” and not “literally the exact opposite of future proofing”

It was beta tested in the future so logic checks out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

:gas:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I’ve been seeing a rumor that the Series S APU was designed to also go into a future Surface device, kind of like how the Series X’s chip was made to go into both a console and into XCloud servers.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Is the PlayStation thread as mental as this one?

I managed to grab two Series X consoles, one for me on launch day from Amazon, one from Microsoft directly for my stepson for Christmas (which is arriving lauch day too). What's Microsoft's customer service like generally? Amazon's is pretty much second to none, but I'm just a bit worried if something goes wrong with the one from Microsoft it's a hassle to deal with.

Also can I get a quick confirmation - the Series X will play pretty much all Xbox One-era games from launch day, is that right?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Also can I get a quick confirmation - the Series X will play pretty much all Xbox One-era games from launch day, is that right?

I would assume so. As well as anything that's playable on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Do you want to talk about Bloodborne?

And to your other question; yes, it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

it's v.chill