Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Freeman was completely rear end on a Falcons offense that is 10x better than whatever the Giants can call their atm. I'm not so sure about him being better than either of those guys ROS.

Much to my dismay this league has no waiver wire - all players are free agents unless rostered. And Freeman hasn’t been gobbled up yet so I’m inclined to believe what you folks say.

Conversely, all the major impact players injured this weekend immediately had their backups snapped up in the middle of their games. Very frustrating.

Edit: ^^^* yeah they are all bench warmers so I’m just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anti-Hero posted:

Much to my dismay this league has no waiver wire - all players are free agents unless rostered. And Freeman hasn’t been gobbled up yet so I’m inclined to believe what you folks say.

Conversely, all the major impact players injured this weekend immediately had their backups snapped up in the middle of their games. Very frustrating.

Edit: ^^^* yeah they are all bench warmers so I’m just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic atm.
I would quit that league that sounds awful and ridiculous.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would quit that league that sounds awful and ridiculous.

It’s a friends and family league, and my first exposure to FF. This is my third season, but I probably won’t play in this league next year.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
gently caress that, join more fantasy leagues, not less.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anti-Hero posted:

It’s a friends and family league, and my first exposure to FF. This is my third season, but I probably won’t play in this league next year.
Ah, thats a little different but it sounds like its run by someone who likes being able to easily beat up on people that they dont know what they're doing or something hahah. I find the waiver wire to be essential, whether its via a bidding system or just priority based on record.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

This is the first time in a while I've had a stupid RB-RB-RB draft (10 team league) and I...can't use my top waiver spot on K'Neal Harry, right? Like I can't do it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ah, thats a little different but it sounds like its run by someone who likes being able to easily beat up on people that they dont know what they're doing or something hahah. I find the waiver wire to be essential, whether its via a bidding system or just priority based on record.

Actually the commissioner barely makes any moves. He just hates the wire for whatever reason.

But the guy who has won the league the years I’ve played has been very active in free agency. I’m a CMC owner and he gobbled up Davis as soon as the injury happened and I’m totally not salty.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My only money league is like that. I have Michael Thomas and wasn’t near a tv. Someone added Manny Sanders immediately when Thomas got hurt. I mean, Sanders isn’t doing much but you can get screwed over

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Fat Lowtax posted:

This is the first time in a while I've had a stupid RB-RB-RB draft (10 team league) and I...can't use my top waiver spot on K'Neal Harry, right? Like I can't do it.

Do you absolutely need a wr for this week? Will waiting til tomorrow and picking him up as a FA burn your ww position? Do you anticipate any of the scrubs people will drop being better than Harry? Just how bad is your wr situation?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Okay so, desperate for RB help, I'm burning my 4/10 waiver tonight. My order in standard league is this:

1. Joshua Kelly
2. Jerick Mckinnon
3. Mike Davis
4. Darrell Henderson

I'll get one of those guys at least. My question is, any reason to reverse 3 and 4? Curtis Samuel getting all those carries makes me nervous, but the Rams backfield feels impossible to predict.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

Okay so, desperate for RB help, I'm burning my 4/10 waiver tonight. My order in standard league is this:

1. Joshua Kelly
2. Jerick Mckinnon
3. Mike Davis
4. Darrell Henderson

I'll get one of those guys at least. My question is, any reason to reverse 3 and 4? Curtis Samuel getting all those carries makes me nervous, but the Rams backfield feels impossible to predict.

I’d keep it as is. Yeah, I don’t want anything to do with the Rams backfield

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Looking at the waiver wire, is it worth holding Mattison if Cook gets hurt (I don't have Cook), or should I make a bid for someone like Henderson, Gaskin, Shenault, or Gesicki and drop Mattison? Whoever I pick up would be competing with Brandon Cooks or Gibson at my flex so no real need to play them immediately. Have the 11th pick so no guarantee I would get them.

Also, for a different keeper league is it worth dumping AJ Dillon who could have value as a 16th round keeper to try and grab one of the players listed above or McKinnon (whoever I pick up will not have keeper value)? I drafted Dillon assuming he would have some role this year, and if Jones walks Dillon could be the #1 in GB next year, but if Jones gets resigned or Dillon just never gets used then he is obviously not very valuable.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Balls, *none* of my waiver claims processed for some reason. I should have ended up with somebody, so I must have screwed up my input somehow.

So now I have this big hole in my lineup, and my backups (RoJo, Moss) have broken badly. Tough for me to see myself making a trade that will improve my team much, though. Fantasy football, man. Stay hot, Russ.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Guy in my league blew $68 of his $100 FAAB on Mike Davis.

Just to offer me Davis & Hurst for Kelce as soon as waivers processed.

RBs currently: CMC, Conner, Mostert, Singletary, Fournette, James Robinson.

That’s gonna be a no from me dawg. I’m not that desperate for a 4ish week replacement.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rick Grimes posted:

That’s gonna be a no from me dawg. I’m not that desperate for a 4ish week replacement.
Cripes, I thought it was a lot when someone blew $41 on him. And another guy spent $45 on Devonta.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I got a couple dudes i was not expecting to get from waivers/FA due to having the 11th slot and i see that Keelan Cole cleared waivers and is a FA now. I just don't know who to drop currently to grab him. 1 PPR keeper league

Gibson, James Robinson, Josh Kelley, Zack Moss, Dion Lewis
DJ Chark, Marvin Jones

Rick Grimes posted:

lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

I got a couple dudes i was not expecting to get from waivers/FA due to having the 11th slot and i see that Keelan Cole cleared waivers and is a FA now. I just don't know who to drop currently to grab him. 1 PPR keeper league

Gibson, James Robinson, Josh Kelley, Zack Moss, Dion Lewis
DJ Chark, Marvin Jones
I would drop Dion Lewis as the Giant's offense is going to be (even more) rear end without Saquon if you really want Cole. Cole has been TD-dependent but I just picked him up in a PPR eague as well because he is the most targeted Jaguars WR right now, I think because Chark is often being double teamed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cripes, I thought it was a lot when someone blew $41 on him. And another guy spent $45 on Devonta.

$46 and $25 for Mike Davis in two different leagues
$41 for James White
$35 for McKinnon and he might only be relevant for a week or two.

I know people are hurting but I grossly underestimated the market apparently. :stonkhat:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just got offered a trade:

His: Hayden Hurst, Joe Mixon

For my: Zack Ertz, David Montgomery

My other RBs are CMC (lol), Miles Sanders, and... Malcolm Brown because none of my waiver claims went through.

My initial reaction is nah, Hurst is an upgrade over Ertz but it’s hard to say how significant his role will be week over week with 3 good receivers on the Falcons, and I feel like Mixon will never put up points behind that offensive line.

Am I overvaluing Montgomery?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

My other RBs are CMC (lol), Miles Sanders, and... Malcolm Brown because none of my waiver claims went through.

My initial reaction is nah, Hurst is an upgrade over Ertz but it’s hard to say how significant his role will be week over week with 3 good receivers on the Falcons, and I feel like Mixon will never put up points behind that offensive line.

I'm a current Mixon owner in one league and i would not do that trade for him right now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Koopa Kid posted:

My gut reaction was "take the deal" because the expectation was that Hurst would do well this year and the Eagles offense is a tire fire, and Mixon *should* be better than Montgomery by years end. But right now that deal would be better for your trade partner because Monty is generating more points than Mixon and TE is pretty fungible.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

My gut reaction was "take the deal" because the expectation was that Hurst would do well this year and the Eagles offense is a tire fire, and Mixon *should* be better than Montgomery by years end. But right now that deal would be better for your trade partner because Monty is generating more points than Mixon and TE is pretty fungible.

Yeah it’s weird because it looks like a good deal and then looking into it becomes more like a wash? I might be a little biased as someone who owned Mixon last year, he was not great and CIN never actually upgraded that line.

I feel like we’re at the point of the season where preseason rankings are still colouring perceived value over what teams and players are actually doing. Maybe I just go with it because even if it’s a wash it’s doing something.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah it’s weird because it looks like a good deal and then looking into it becomes more like a wash? I might be a little biased as someone who owned Mixon last year, he was not great and CIN never actually upgraded that line.

I feel like we’re at the point of the season where preseason rankings are still colouring perceived value over what teams and players are actually doing. Maybe I just go with it because even if it’s a wash it’s doing something.

Mixon was phenomenal in the last few weeks when he was actually being used as a workhorse with passing game work. Turns out the Bengals didn't like that so they figured they'd get Bernard back in the rotation.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Mixon was phenomenal in the last few weeks when he was actually being used as a workhorse with passing game work. Turns out the Bengals didn't like that so they figured they'd get Bernard back in the rotation.

Yeah Bernard being a leech is the main worry, he had a goal line carry last game.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Eh, I think you guys are discounting what we know a little too much. Montgomery probably isn't a great talent at RB and Chicago's offense isn't going to be prolific. If you're worried about Bernard, you should be really worried about Tarik Cohen sucking up almost all of the RB targets going forward with his shiny new contract (and CPatt getting the odd carry lol). And even just on the first two games, Mixon has more volume on the ground and equal in the air compared to Montgomery. Monty's played the Lions and Giants, Mixon the Chargers and Browns, so probably slightly softer opening games for Monty too. Mixon has 40 touches through two games. I'd take him and Burrow's offense over Montgomery and Trubs'.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Well, I hit trade, hoping that the Mixon panic is just that and things level out. If Wentz remembers how to throw and Burrow hits a wall I’ll regret it but I’m getting the players from better offences (theoretically) and the technically more skilled RB so I shouldn’t overthink it.

Thanks goons!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

sourdough posted:

Eh, I think you guys are discounting what we know a little too much. Montgomery probably isn't a great talent at RB and Chicago's offense isn't going to be prolific. If you're worried about Bernard, you should be really worried about Tarik Cohen sucking up almost all of the RB targets going forward with his shiny new contract (and CPatt getting the odd carry lol). And even just on the first two games, Mixon has more volume on the ground and equal in the air compared to Montgomery. Monty's played the Lions and Giants, Mixon the Chargers and Browns, so probably slightly softer opening games for Monty too. Mixon has 40 touches through two games. I'd take him and Burrow's offense over Montgomery and Trubs'.

Cohen getting paid shouldn't mean anything besides the Bears being dumb as usual. He had value in past years due to Monty not being much in the passing game, but that doesn't seem to be the case this year so far.

I'll admit i'm probably more down on Mixon than i should be, but his ROS schedule doesn't look like it's gonna get much easier and if Bernard still sucks up a chunk of the RB targets with the Bengals probably playing from behind a lot this year it's a tough spot.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Cohen getting paid shouldn't mean anything besides the Bears being dumb as usual. He had value in past years due to Monty not being much in the passing game, but that doesn't seem to be the case this year so far.

I'll admit i'm probably more down on Mixon than i should be, but his ROS schedule doesn't look like it's gonna get much easier and if Bernard still sucks up a chunk of the RB targets with the Bengals probably playing from behind a lot this year it's a tough spot.

I almost included it but my post was already dumb and long, but yeah seeing Steelers x2 and Ravens was the only thing giving me pause. Then again, last year he blew up both Ravens and Pats, so who knows.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

$46 and $25 for Mike Davis in two different leagues
$41 for James White
$35 for McKinnon and he might only be relevant for a week or two.

I know people are hurting but I grossly underestimated the market apparently. :stonkhat:

51 for Mike Davis in my 14 team league. And someone else bid 50 and 45. There's going to be more injuries there's only been two weeks. I feel good not getting him and preserving my waiver dollars for later in the year.

Edit: I say that as someone who hasn't had any rb's get hurt though haha. A bit of a different situation for others I'm sure!

Artonos fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 23, 2020

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Refocusing a question I asked earlier since waivers went through:

In a 10 person keeper league with a flex and superflex, standard scoring. You can only keep 1 player per position, max of 3 players. I only have 4 RB - Jones, Mixon, Da Johnson, Dobbins. Both Darrell Henderson and Myles Gaskin cleared waivers. I have Lock as a late QB for keeper value (keep at round drafted), where if I drop him I have no QB keepers for next year. However, between his injury and Sutton's injury, who knows if this year would give enough information to know whether he is worth keeping or not. He would be an obvious drop if I was not being greedy to try and hold him for the future without even knowing if he will be good since he has only played one game and it was without Sutton. I was really high on him since he looked ok for a rookie when he came in last year and they have a lot of offensive weapons. This year I was one of the only teams without a QB keeper so I had to spend 2 out of my first 4 rounds on QBs, but it is not the end of the world.

I also have 5 WR that are all fairly even (OBJ, DJ Moore, Chark, Cooks, Lamb). Out of these I assume Lamb will be the likely keeper since he is already performing well and he is the latest pick out of all of them, but any of them could be if they blow up since none of them were drafted that early.

Do Henderson or Gaskin have enough rest of season potential to replace someone on my roster? I should not really need them unless one of my top 3 RB gets hurt or they become a solid RB1/2. All of the WR seem to be too good to drop, but at the same time I am only playing 2 of them, potentially 3 if I use one at flex. I am leaning towards it being Cooks or Lock that gets dropped if I should grab one of these RB, but :shrug: .

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 23, 2020

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Henderson and Gaskin are both in weird situations, I don't think you really need either for ROS. If you did want to make a move I'd say Cooks just because he doesn't appear to have target share (edit: actually scratch that he saw some balls last game. I'd still say he's expendable though)

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I need help deciding who to drop as I have to pick up a kicker.

WR: Thomas, Cooper, Robby Anderson, Chark, Cooks, Slayton

RB: Aaron Jones, Hunt, James Robinson, Singletary, Gibson, Kelley

PPR. 10 team. I don’t want to cut bait on Gibson, and I’m probably lowest on Singletary. Just feels weird dropping him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Refocusing a question I asked earlier since waivers went through:

In a 10 person keeper league with a flex and superflex, standard scoring. You can only keep 1 player per position, max of 3 players. I only have 4 RB - Jones, Mixon, Da Johnson, Dobbins. Both Darrell Henderson and Myles Gaskin cleared waivers. I have Lock as a late QB for keeper value (keep at round drafted), where if I drop him I have no QB keepers for next year. However, between his injury and Sutton's injury, who knows if this year would give enough information to know whether he is worth keeping or not. He would be an obvious drop if I was not being greedy to try and hold him for the future without even knowing if he will be good since he has only played one game and it was without Sutton. I was really high on him since he looked ok for a rookie when he came in last year and they have a lot of offensive weapons. This year I was one of the only teams without a QB keeper so I had to spend 2 out of my first 4 rounds on QBs, but it is not the end of the world.

I also have 5 WR that are all fairly even (OBJ, DJ Moore, Chark, Cooks, Lamb). Out of these I assume Lamb will be the likely keeper since he is already performing well and he is the latest pick out of all of them, but any of them could be if they blow up since none of them were drafted that early.

Do Henderson or Gaskin have enough rest of season potential to replace someone on my roster? I should not really need them unless one of my top 3 RB gets hurt or they become a solid RB1/2. All of the WR seem to be too good to drop, but at the same time I am only playing 2 of them, potentially 3 if I use one at flex. I am leaning towards it being Cooks or Lock that gets dropped if I should grab one of these RB, but :shrug: .

If you drop Lock and pick him back up later in the season, would that still be considered an FA pick up or does he count as his original draft spot?

I know the commish in my yahoo keeper league just goes off the draft results page when he inputs the keeper values and if that's the case Lock would still show up as being drafted by you.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

decypher posted:

PPR. 10 team. I don’t want to cut bait on Gibson, and I’m probably lowest on Singletary. Just feels weird dropping him.

Just wait until like Sunday afternoon games to decide that unless there are absolutely no kickers available that play sunday afternoon-monday night

If you must, i'd drop like Slayton. It's a 10 team league and with the RB injuries already, there's bound to be way better WR options than RBs available on the wire.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

If you drop Lock and pick him back up later in the season, would that still be considered an FA pick up or does he count as his original draft spot?

I know the commish in my yahoo keeper league just goes off the draft results page when he inputs the keeper values and if that's the case Lock would still show up as being drafted by you.

It should be a FA, I guess there is a slim chance you can pull a fast one on the commissioner but I would not count on it. Odds are someone else in the league would notice and point it out.

Koopa Kid posted:

Henderson and Gaskin are both in weird situations, I don't think you really need either for ROS. If you did want to make a move I'd say Cooks just because he doesn't appear to have target share (edit: actually scratch that he saw some balls last game. I'd still say he's expendable though)

Yea, I have no idea what their situations are, just reading news blurbs on Gaskin potentially overtaking both Brieda and Howard in touches and Henderson having a big week this past week, potentially earning him more playing time even when people are back from injury?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 23, 2020

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Offered Fournette straight up for James Robinson. Not inclined to do that but is countering with my Robinson/Ertz/Goeddard for his Waller/Gaskin?

He wants a better running back and I want off Mr. Wentz's decidedly unwild ride.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

decypher posted:

I'd do Singletary, next up would be Cooks or Chark prob. Don't drop Slayton, he's going to be the entire Giants offense once Engram is injured again (instead of the 75% of the offense he is already, ha)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Yea, I have no idea what their situations are, just reading news blurbs on Gaskin potentially overtaking both Brieda and Howard in touches and Henderson having a big week this past week, potentially earning him more playing time even when people are back from injury?

Yeah those are both highly speculative bets. It's all about risk, if you feel like taking a flyer on one of those guys and dropping a redundant piece nobody would fault you. The question you need to ask yourself is if you'd miss the guy you're dropping if someone picked them up. Sounds like you would miss Lock.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Offered Fournette straight up for James Robinson. Not inclined to do that but is countering with my Robinson/Ertz/Goeddard for his Waller/Gaskin?

He wants a better running back and I want off Mr. Wentz's decidedly unwild ride.
lmao what clown offered you that deal? James Robinson is the only tailback in Jax receiving worthwhile carries (with the occasional run play to Shenault) while Fournette is in a three way timeshare on a team with more mouths to feed than can be fed. He ran for 6.3 yards a carry against the Titans last week.

I just read that Gaskin is now the starter in Miami but is definitely not the bellcow. I understand wanting to get off of Wentz's broken ride but I would not trade away a starting RB for a starting TE.

decypher posted:

If it were me I would drop Cooks. The Giants are going to be throwing a lot and Shepard is hurt so Slayton could get a lot of targets on a team that will always be behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
To be fair, now is probably the time to sell real high on Fournette if you can, so i don't fault that guy for even offering that.

I was able to get like 5 offers in a few minutes just announcing he was available for trade. Eventually i ended up with Chark and Moss for him. Both are options for me as late round keepers now if they end up blowing up the rest of the season.