Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

3/10. Not enough descriptors in the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, isn't that the cat from the Too Many Cooks short?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Garfield is like 50 years old at this point, no wonder he looks like that

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Hey, it's me, the guy who took the photo of the knock-off Lego "Battle With Ancient Tree" a couple of weeks back. I was back at the same store today, and for US$8, I culdn't resist this non-Mr Bean Mini and mini-fig.

So I picked it up and have just made it. And... it's pretty good. The instructions aren't quite up to Lego standards, and take a little more concentration, but all the pieces were there, and some spares. The minifig was actually better than the Lego ones - more articulation, and a coat that can be removed!

I made some mistake with the bonnet/hood of the car - it's lower than it should have been - but still, pretty happy with it. Shame they didn't have the double decker bus!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Mr Bean sorta looks like if Lego and Playmobil had a baby.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elfface posted:

Mr Bean sorta looks like if Lego and Playmobil had a baby.

A baby who's just eaten.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, his car is lime green with a black hood. Pretty weak effort even if the set looks pretty good.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Dareon posted:

Including learning there's a Scottish hard rock band simply called Gun

Who had a hit with a cover of Word Up by Cameo, and then their cover was later covered by Korn, making it a doubly knocked-off song, which I suppose is appropriate for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EWKphU0c5Q

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tsk at trying to delete Mel B’s cover from existence.

https://youtu.be/nEUno4QEQFQ

The Gun version is the one I knew most growing up though. I swear that must be in the top 10 of most covered songs.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Teach posted:

Hey, it's me, the guy who took the photo of the knock-off Lego "Battle With Ancient Tree" a couple of weeks back. I was back at the same store today, and for US$8, I culdn't resist this non-Mr Bean Mini and mini-fig.

So I picked it up and have just made it. And... it's pretty good. The instructions aren't quite up to Lego standards, and take a little more concentration, but all the pieces were there, and some spares. The minifig was actually better than the Lego ones - more articulation, and a coat that can be removed!

I made some mistake with the bonnet/hood of the car - it's lower than it should have been - but still, pretty happy with it. Shame they didn't have the double decker bus!

Huh, I kinda genuinely want this now. It's got about the right blend of charm and silliness crossed with nostalgia.

Guess it's time to trawl Ali Express.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lodin posted:

Also, his car is lime green with a black hood. Pretty weak effort even if the set looks pretty good.

It's also very clearly the wrong model of Mini, by some decades.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's also very clearly the wrong model of Mini, by some decades.

This?

All this mini chat got me to buy this one

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well at least that has one pillar. I guess it's pretty hard to do a Mini in Legos at that scale.

Speaking of toys, Mr. Bean, and knock-offs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7BVZ3SFzo&t=1882s

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

jojoinnit posted:

Huh, I kinda genuinely want this now. It's got about the right blend of charm and silliness crossed with nostalgia.

Guess it's time to trawl Ali Express.

They also had this - US$6.50. Nearly bought it for the "Dolphin Trevi Fountain", didn't buy it for the dreadful enforcing of gender roles.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is selfie stick a gender role? I can't keep up with those zoomers anymore.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, I put that clumsily. I guess that since most Lego is escapist fun, I thought that sightseeing at a fountain was a low bar to try to clear.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I assumed Teach just meant the "bratziness" of the designs though it's not egregious compared to those. I did think that was entirely his own description and had to laugh when I zoomed in and realised they literally made a sign that says "Dolphin Trevi Fountain".

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well at least that has one pillar. I guess it's pretty hard to do a Mini in Legos at that scale.

Speaking of toys, Mr. Bean, and knock-offs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7BVZ3SFzo&t=1882s

Fun idea, trash execution, bizarre bedtime scene at the end. What the gently caress was that.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
It's a knock-off of Lego Friends, Lego sets "for girls" which has nonstandard minifigs that look a bit like that and is pink and dreadful. What really bothers me is that other than "it's a fountain" it has sweet gently caress all to do with the actual Trevi fountain in Rome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is anyone doing knock-offs of the best Lego sets. Fabuland. Those jalopys (jalopies?) were cool.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is anyone doing knock-offs of the best Lego sets. Fabuland. Those jalopys (jalopies?) were cool.

Wow, that's amazing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

:stonk:

What the gently caress?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm okay with Hulk as a trans dude tbh.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
A hussy in my comic universe? Sure why not.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Sadly, it's due to the fact that that, like excessive steroid use, gamma radiation shrinks the dink. It wasn't a choice, so that explains the rage.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

:stonk:

What the gently caress?

Imagine it painted up like a Nightkin. "Grandma's got a present for you!"

Does that help?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Actually it's established canon that the Hulk has a very large and imposing penis

Furthermore, in this TedX talk I will show that

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Actually it's established canon that the Hulk has a very large and imposing penis

And Thor: Ragnarok reaffirmed that fact.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Please take your body shaming and outdated gender notions elsewhere

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's actually that all the mass that hulk has when he is the hulk is normally stored in the penis of bruce banner.

So the hulk has big muscles and no penis but bruce banner has a hulk's worth of muscle for a penis. He works like one of those toys you squeeze and the eyes pop out.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now I'm strangely nostalgic for the days before BSS was created and super hero sexuality was a thing we could freely discuss.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Woebin posted:

I'm okay with Hulk as a trans dude tbh.

Hulk smash heteronormativity! Braaaaagghhh

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That just shows that something about his crotch causes an inferiority complex. Maybe that dude is intimidated by big meaty labia.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When he turns back into banner, Hulk's penis is stored in the same place as Optimus Prime's trailer

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"Bruce, why do you wear those baggy harem pants to the lab?"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lodin posted:

Now I'm strangely nostalgic for the days before BSS was created and super hero sexuality was a thing we could freely discuss.

I mean, you still can in theory, but in practice the discussion of fictional sexualities almost instantly turns into extremely shutin / terminally online people tripping over piles of tissues to tell on themselves.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Pastry of the Year posted:

I mean, you still can in theory, but in practice the discussion of fictional sexualities almost instantly turns into extremely shutin / terminally online people tripping over piles of tissues to tell on themselves.

No, you can't. It's explicitly banned in BSS. It's a thing.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

StillFullyTerrible posted:

No, you can't. It's explicitly banned in BSS. It's a thing.

I meant in general, but if it's banned, well, see above. I wouldn't want to mod those discussions.

I say this as someone who enjoys and posts in BSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Isn't that entire subforum named after a superhero's sexuality?