Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they could have said vergil is a function

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just say Sony and Microsoft gave you a bunch of money, Jesus.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
If Microsoft had given them money, we'd probably be getting a patch to PC too, given Microsoft has a vested interest in that platform too.

I think this is just CAPCOM being dumb again.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yeah neither sony nor microsoft is going to pay money to specifically keep the game off the PC, but allow it on the competing console.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've been going through the first two DMC games to finally put them to rest. I finished Dante's mode for DMC2 and honestly, the game was probably more fun for me then DMC1. It wasn't a very fun game, and there are a bunch of bosses you basically can't do anything against with swords unless you just use a bunch of DT items, but DMC1 just didn't feel very good at all.

I find it kind of weird that DMC2 tanked so used compared to the first one. Even if the first game is better (which I'm not really sure I can say), the gap in quality between the two is far less than I was expecting.

I haven't played much of Lucia but she already feels better than Dante did. Is her campaign any different from Dante's?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Vante. It's been the nickname for years, c'mon now.

To be fair, I have also heard Dergil throughout the years as well (Vante is more endearing, Dergil always sounded mean)

And to be honest, we’re probably going to get his return too, and they’ll skip M20 because that’s too much work (or hilariously still have it be the exact same)

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

sound on
https://i.imgur.com/N8Kk3LU.webm

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Momomo posted:

but DMC1 just didn't feel very good at all.

Even if the first game is better (which I'm not really sure I can say)

Uh, 2 is absolute rear end in every single way.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
In 2's defense, it's not DmC.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Marx Was A Lib posted:

In 2's defense, it's not DmC.

As much as I hate DmC I think it at least had *slightly* better gameplay.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DmC absolutely had better gameplay than DMC2 by a country mile.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
DmC ended up being a pretty fun action game after all the patches and tuning passes. It just has the unforgivably bad story which cannot ever be fully excised.

DMC2 just has no content. Dante has 1 move set for the entire game. Unforgivable for this series, IMO.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I will gladly die on the hill that a slog through DMC2 is still less painful than a slog through Heavenly Sword 2

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

...there's a Heavenly Sword 2?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't know, I'm really not seeing it as some huge slog. It was a slog but the levels were really short so it at least had the courtesy of not sticking around very long.

I'm pretty sure I found the game more fun than DMC1, which is really more pulling 1 down then pulling 2 up.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
DMC2 is fine, it's not good, but it's fine.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

...there's a Heavenly Sword 2?

it's just one of the reductive names i've adopted for that game.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Momomo posted:

I haven't played much of Lucia but she already feels better than Dante did. Is her campaign any different from Dante's?

It's almost the same except she has a few underwater levels and a different final boss.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the other hand DMC2 invented the stinger

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
DMC2 was, at the time, the biggest disappointment in video games. It’s the only time in my life I remember a game coming out, all my friends bought it because we were obsessed with DMC, and then the Monday afterwards half of us had already sold it back. Lunch all week was just “the Angel girl is cool but the levels and boss fights and no Devil arms and the amulet system are all TRASH” as you see from how the rest of the games just don’t make any of the same choices

I guess if your coming from a retro gaming standpoint of “all older games are equally janky” I could see 2 not sticking out as much, but compared to other games available at the time, Devil May Cry 2 was literally the worst video game most of us had ever played.

Endorph posted:

100% false

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I picked up DMC3 as a teen and thought it was the coolest poo poo I'd ever played even though I couldn't get past Cerberus

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

Not only

Bust Rodd posted:

100% false
but it also had the worst stinger out of all the games.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure you can use it’s short as a positive as the first DMC is also fairly short.

I played it a few month back and it aged better than I thought.

Not great but like better

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The only inarguably positive thing that DMC2 did was have a pretty bitchin' soundtrack.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Namnesor posted:

The only inarguably positive thing that DMC2 did was have a pretty bitchin' soundtrack.

The 2 good things it had were the soundtrack and Dante's outfit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Fishnet Dante is the only Dante for Bust Rodd

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
DMC2’s Stinger was amazing in the sense that not only did it not function like a gap closer for real (unlike DMC1), but it blew enemies clear across the stage. It’s like DMC2 wanted to quintuple down on gun spam for everything

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It had Trish. You had to suffer to get her but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7jgNqh4L1c

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

RBX posted:

It had Trish. You had to suffer to get her but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7jgNqh4L1c

This felt more like a slap in the face to me than anything.

“You mean I could have HAD all the cool poo poo from the first game? Why... why not just let me have those weapons! Wtf!”

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Funny enough that was my first DMC game. I vividly remember the first from ads in gaming magazines but back then I got new consoles a year after release to save my parents money. While DMC1 was well regarded we know it was different back then and marketing still mattered and word of mouth was slow unless you talked to people that had good taste. When DMC2 comes out I had a PS2 and Gamepro did a badass cover on it so I rented it from Blockbuster and played the hell out of it and later brought it. Then 3 came out and blew my mind and then I played 1 and had a big revelation. I still have a soft spot for 2 tho.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/prettyuglyart/status/1308888509764243456?s=21

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Here's your box-art all ye console faithful.

Featuring Vergil from the Devil May Cry series.

It'd make for a good poster if you get rid of the logos and accolades. However, I don't think it really has any appeal as box-art for a video game. Assuming that good box-art is eye-catching and sets expectations appropriately.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Devil May Cry featuring Dante from Devil May Cry

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Has guns on it. That’s pretty much enough.

This is probably what will push me to get the next Xbox.

Will transferring account and games be mindlessly easy from a regular xbone to the new one? Plus I’d want to delete all my stuff from the current system as well.

swims fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 6, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I think the box art is very messy, and kinda looks like an Avengers movie poster with how random the body sizes seem to be

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Incredible

Veotax
May 16, 2006

swims posted:

Has guns on it. That’s pretty much enough.

This is probably what will push me to get the next Xbox.

Will transferring account and games be mindlessly easy from a regular xbone to the new one? Plus I’d want to delete all my stuff from the current system as well.

Microsoft has said that if you put your games on an external hard drive you can just plug it in to the Series X/S and it'll just work. As for your account, I assume you just sign in.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The composition of the box art makes no loving sense and it's ugly as hell.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

and DmC:SE > dmc2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Buying physical copies of games in tyool 2020