Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The kill of the night

This worm just let my alt bait them into oblivion and didn't leave when my omen arrived on grid on their rear end. RIP

I was going to post in the Discord about a bounty for the first 1 billion isk kill mail, but you beat me to it. I have a glow in the dark Caracal I printed that I can send to you if you want it. I can also print you a glow in the dark Omen instead or whatever other ship you want. Let me know if you're interested in the bounty and if not I'll post on Discord for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Colin Mockery posted:

What level of skills do you need for that? I am dumb and bad at internet spaceships, but I have a maller now and want that sweet, sweet mission isk.

I have 5/3 in Medium Laser Operation, 4/3 in Medium Laser Upgrade, 5/3 in Target Management, 5/3 in Cruiser Engineering, 5/3 in Cruiser Command. Those 5s could easily be 4s for this. The Maller is naturally tanky enough that you shouldn't need huge armor skills, but they couldn't hurt.

If you've never done Beam Maller before, try it out on everyday missions first to get the hang of range. You can press-and-hold your laser in combat to see its optimal range and fallout, then turn on one Tracking Computer and hold the laser again to see the adjusted range, then with two. That'll give you an idea of what your practical ranges are with your own skill ratings.

Generally speaking, very little will even damage you at ~40km. Most ships will creep towards you slowly, and if you're warping in from a sufficient distance and keeping your distance they'll start way too far away to touch you. So you watch for anything that's streaking towards you with Elite in the title, and kill them first, as those might have Scrams on board or do substantial damage up close. If multiple ships start getting too close, either Approach -> 100km and turn on your Afterburner to regain space or warp out and heal. Meanwhile, you can use one TC at a time to cause substantial damage at a 40-60km range, and you'll learn which ship types can actually hit you from out there (Myrmidons come to mind).

If you find yourself taking damage rapidly, you probably have multiple elites that snuck in close. Warp out ASAP. But watch your icons for inflicted status (above bottom center) to make sure nothing's scramming you, so that you won't be scrammed in that instance. Absorb and Neut are mostly harmless because you're too far out for their NOSes et al. to take effect.

With this method, the Elites are the only real dangers if you keep your distance. You'll settle into a rhythm of killing one ship at a time at about 40-50km, then wait for the next to move into range, then repeat. It's more tedious than anything else because there'll be a conga line of 20-30 ships waiting to die single-file.

delfin fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 21, 2020

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

delfin posted:

If you set your Maller up with pulse lasers and a plate or two, you can wade in and tank your way through T6 and T7 missions with ease, maybe with one runaway break. If you set it up with beam lasers, three Tracking Computers and an armor repairer for patchwork, you can take out the first tier of story missions solo (Spark of Rebellion, For Freedom, For Patriotism, Super Soft Drink).

Just warp in at 100km, be patient and let them come to you, and start popping small fries like popcorn at about 60km with one TC activation, which is good for two grouped shots. Watch for Elites charging in with MWDs, bug out if you start taking significant armor damage, lather rinse repeat until done.

Single plate, dual rep dual nos dual heat sink pulse maller will clear spark of rebellion, for patriotism and super soft drink fairly easily.

Warp in at 70km and pop everything that comes within 25km, final waves might require a bit of attention and aligning to station /gate to keep the extra range from the slower pac of rats while you deal with elites.
The minmatar t6 'for freedom' can also be soloed in the same fashion but can get a little dicey at times due to explosive resist hole.
99% of the time its only the elite destroyers that scram, and from up to 25km, deal with those first followed by elite cruisers and you are golden.

I've also solo cleared divine redemption with that maller setup, took a while with a few warp outs but its more than possible.
If you buy the spark books, it's more profitable to just run spark than to mess around with the t8s

Exothermos
Nov 1, 2011

Well, Toilet Eve is a success, I guess. Multiple systems in Metropolis and The Forge are at their 1000 player limit, and the neighboring systems have 600 people sitting on each feeder gate ( this is at 2pm Pacific time). Travel in the area is impossible without adding 30 jumps on every trip. I guess I’ll do missions later!

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Exothermos posted:

Well, Toilet Eve is a success, I guess. Multiple systems in Metropolis and The Forge are at their 1000 player limit, and the neighboring systems have 600 people sitting on each feeder gate ( this is at 2pm Pacific time). Travel in the area is impossible without adding 30 jumps on every trip. I guess I’ll do missions later!

I think you'll find this game is super dead because you can't auto pilot through nullsec in a Kyros with the app closed.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

MarcusSA posted:

Just don't fly drunk and its easy peasy.

Yeah but I...umm...like a challenge?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

M. Night Skymall posted:

I think you'll find this game is super dead because you can't auto pilot through nullsec in a Kyros with the app closed.

Better add lowsec to that list. It has been discovered that gate/station guns can be bumped away from their gate/station, meaning that with some patience any lowsec system can be effectively turned into a nullsec system.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

M. Night Skymall posted:

the night that might have killed eve echoes

MaliciousOnion posted:

Better add lowsec to that list. It has been discovered that gate/station guns can be bumped away from their gate/station, meaning that with some patience any lowsec system can be effectively turned into a nullsec system.

Oof, that's gonna be funny. Bet I'm going to eat a camp while faffing about with the mission Maller :ohdear:

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
These high sec gates over the bottleneck are insane. Can't even get to taisy. GG. Add more servers.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I'd like a goose tag please, if they are still being given out.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We've been working on discord/corp authentication for the past week or so and been giving regular announcements that people need to register with a discord bot so we know that characters belong to who they said they belong to in their applications, that people have SA accounts, etc. Like at least half a dozen announcements. It has been extremely clear to anyone who has been paying the slightest bit of attention that in order to stay in corp they need to type a single line of text to a bot, it's not hard at all.

Today finally was the day that the trigger got pulled on removing discord roles from people who hadn't signed up for the bot. Within a few hours, dozens of complaints came in to leadership by people who had no idea whatsoever that they were supposed to authenticate with the bot and are very mad that they had their access removed until they fix the problem.

Never change, goons. :allears:

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Listen, @announcementsPing is annoying so I just silence it, why would I need to read the announcements channel either? There's so many channels.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Honestly if there's any important channel to read it's announcements. I wouldn't have known T6 ships were free otherwise.

Did the first part of Spark of Rebellion, and holy poo poo, having 13(?) ships thrown at me was unexpected. Definitely had to use pulse lasers for tracking speed. The warp-out-warp-in-at-100km trick was pretty much obligatory. Gonna try strapping on an armour plate and probably another armour hardener.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Honestly if there's any important channel to read it's announcements. I wouldn't have known T6 ships were free otherwise.

Did the first part of Spark of Rebellion, and holy poo poo, having 13(?) ships thrown at me was unexpected. Definitely had to use pulse lasers for tracking speed. The warp-out-warp-in-at-100km trick was pretty much obligatory. Gonna try strapping on an armour plate and probably another armour hardener.

Part 2 wave 3 has 27 or so. It's definitely worth hanging out way off from the center of the anom your first few times to get a feel for it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

The Shortest Path posted:

We've been working on discord/corp authentication for the past week or so and been giving regular announcements that people need to register with a discord bot so we know that characters belong to who they said they belong to in their applications, that people have SA accounts, etc. Like at least half a dozen announcements. It has been extremely clear to anyone who has been paying the slightest bit of attention that in order to stay in corp they need to type a single line of text to a bot, it's not hard at all.

Today finally was the day that the trigger got pulled on removing discord roles from people who hadn't signed up for the bot. Within a few hours, dozens of complaints came in to leadership by people who had no idea whatsoever that they were supposed to authenticate with the bot and are very mad that they had their access removed until they fix the problem.

But what if...and hear me out now. What if I haven't logged on in a few weeks (to Discord, not the game, I've been playing the game, just not with you all). And what if say, I haven't logged onto my SA account in years (I have a real life now, you know). And I don't know, I play some other space game with some folks and just want to know what happened to my Discord permissions.

What if that's the case?

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

It’s probably fine honestly but it would really make me feel better if you could be extremely dodgy When asked about how you even found our discord server and why you even want to play with us.

Solvarn
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah heard some salt about it.

"Take care in case you guys don't hear from me again."

I didn't read anything into anyone being permabanned just think folks need to calm down and do their space paperwork not sure why booted from corp is the default assumption.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

M. Night Skymall posted:

Part 2 wave 3 has 27 or so. It's definitely worth hanging out way off from the center of the anom your first few times to get a feel for it.

You nailed it: 27

That took like an hour, but I didn't ever warp out. :shobon:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it literally took two seconds to do as well.

It took me longer to figure out how to get my account link tbh

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

CubicalSucrose posted:

But what if...and hear me out now. What if I haven't logged on in a few weeks (to Discord, not the game, I've been playing the game, just not with you all). And what if say, I haven't logged onto my SA account in years (I have a real life now, you know). And I don't know, I play some other space game with some folks and just want to know what happened to my Discord permissions.

What if that's the case?

I mean, you said yourself you've been playing the game, just not with us. If that's the case, why do you need to be in our discord? If you don't want to participate in the discord aspect that's fine, I just don't understand why you're surprised your permissions got removed if you didn't bother with it in the first place?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you don't really care about the little gaming group we have, or the forums, why does it matter?

Edit: Just checked your post history for this thread, and I'm not sure if this is a real post or not. I can't tell the difference between joke/ironic/poo poo posts anymore. :corsair:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 23, 2020

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

They're big games of Cat and Mouse, you draw them out slowly and make them take damage, then when they rubber band back to the group, fire an afterburner and chase them until they come out again. They just take time. Just coax the elites out first (they should be more aggressive to come for you also), even the cruisers. Definitely ensure the elite frigs/destroyers die first as they can Warp Scram ($$). I've ended up 200km from the warp point plenty of times. If anything, Sparring Trial (Caldarri news quest) is harder than the T6 story quests.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Edit: Just checked your post history for this thread, and I'm not sure if this is a real post or not. I can't tell the difference between joke/ironic/poo poo posts anymore. :corsair:

Cubical Sucrose isn’t the EO j4g and/or spy who joined SA in March and stopped posting in August. Of 2009. :ssh:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I mean, you said yourself you've been playing the game, just not with us. If that's the case, why do you need to be in our discord? If you don't want to participate in the discord aspect that's fine, I just don't understand why you're surprised your permissions got removed if you didn't bother with it in the first place?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you don't really care about the little gaming group we have, or the forums, why does it matter?

They were referencing a literal exchange we had with a j4g who "had to do dig out" their SA account from 10 years ago, and was absolutely baffled and combative about the extremely basic instructions given

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Corp theft is still alive and well in toilet EVE. Turns out pubbies have no idea how to set hanger roles. They even had hanger 2 fully wide open. I didn't have to do anything, I just joined their corp, warped to their HQ, and looted away.

Gotta love free isk. Now I just need to figure out how to get it off this character lol.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Edit: I am a whiny baby. I'm going to take a nap.

Pussy Snorkel fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 23, 2020

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
how am I supposed to pvp with warp disrupters costing a small fortune? do people in this game not warp out?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Stealthgerbil posted:

Corp theft is still alive and well in toilet EVE. Turns out pubbies have no idea how to set hanger roles. They even had hanger 2 fully wide open. I didn't have to do anything, I just joined their corp, warped to their HQ, and looted away.

Gotta love free isk. Now I just need to figure out how to get it off this character lol.

Make a contract.

Necronormiecon posted:

how am I supposed to pvp with warp disrupters costing a small fortune? do people in this game not warp out?

You can find them for free in elite wrecks on T7+ missions. But, yeah, they are expensive.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

rocketrobot posted:

You can find them for free in elite wrecks on T7+ missions. But, yeah, they are expensive.

Any idea what the drop rate is like?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The best way is to hang out with our rat group and then just buy them after a night of ratting.

Or you can hang with PvP group tell them you'd like some points and you'll probably get the first 2 pointer that an enemy drops, or just fire at what other people have pointed.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

Go RV! posted:

They were referencing a literal exchange we had with a j4g who "had to do dig out" their SA account from 10 years ago, and was absolutely baffled and combative about the extremely basic instructions given

You were the combative ones. I ended up following the instructions and authing properly anyways but after several of you started getting accusatory, nothing was good enough. Dissecting my post history to see if i was an Authentic® Certified© Goon™, accusing me of stealing SA accounts, interrogating me as to who I knew and when, and other crazy poo poo.

I guess it's a pretty horrible offense if nostalgia brought you back, which used to be acceptable but apparently is now a fatal cultural impurity hurf blurf. I was the spymaster in our Second Galaxy corp while we were waiting for Echoes to come out. I pulled off the first cap ship theft in that game with my alt ProfessorStupid while also making that game horribly unplayable for pubbies at the start of this year. Blake was asking me for spy help in DMs hours before he joined in the dogpile and I'm not even sure if he realized he was both attacking and asking for help from the same person, which is a great start for any fledgling intelligence agency!

I'm not mad so much as I am weirded out by the suddenness and the level of hostility last night. It looks like I'm explicitly banned from the discord now and can't rejoin, so if any goons in other alliances reading this need a spymaster I'm a free agent now.

And Darius JOHNSON was a better CEO than The Mittani ever was or will be. We should have kept our "no mittanis allowed" policy instead of seeking his blessing for this corp.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Banana Factory posted:

You were the combative ones. I ended up following the instructions and authing properly anyways but after several of you started getting accusatory, nothing was good enough. Dissecting my post history to see if i was an Authentic® Certified© Goon™, accusing me of stealing SA accounts, interrogating me as to who I knew and when, and other crazy poo poo.

I guess it's a pretty horrible offense if nostalgia brought you back, which used to be acceptable but apparently is now a fatal cultural impurity hurf blurf. I was the spymaster in our Second Galaxy corp while we were waiting for Echoes to come out. I pulled off the first cap ship theft in that game with my alt ProfessorStupid while also making that game horribly unplayable for pubbies at the start of this year. Blake was asking me for spy help in DMs hours before he joined in the dogpile and I'm not even sure if he realized he was both attacking and asking for help from the same person, which is a great start for any fledgling intelligence agency!

I'm not mad so much as I am weirded out by the suddenness and the level of hostility last night. It looks like I'm explicitly banned from the discord now and can't rejoin, so if any goons in other alliances reading this need a spymaster I'm a free agent now.

And Darius JOHNSON was a better CEO than The Mittani ever was or will be. We should have kept our "no mittanis allowed" policy instead of seeking his blessing for this corp.

no one cares, gently caress off

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

No one in this corp asked for anyone's blessing, that was some Val poo poo with his group of non SA people that call themselves goons. I think you're looking for them not us.

We want don't want a connection with EO goons, both just used the SA forums as a recruitment base that's the only thing in common.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Banana Factory posted:

Well, congrats on finding your account and your first post in a decade. It's obvious you were super engaged with our corp since you didn't seem to notice anything at all that was happening.

Solvarn
Dec 28, 2009

pixaal posted:

The best way is to hang out with our rat group and then just buy them after a night of ratting.

Or you can hang with PvP group tell them you'd like some points and you'll probably get the first 2 pointer that an enemy drops, or just fire at what other people have pointed.

Yes come fly with us as we talk poo poo about how much mindlessly shooting space rocks sucks as we mindlessly shoot spaceships.

Need to check my balance today but I've been making something like 150 million per night.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The world’s dumbest spymaster.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

M. Night Skymall posted:

Well, congrats on finding your account and your first post in a decade. It's obvious you were super engaged with our corp since you didn't seem to notice anything at all that was happening.

I was in the ratting voice chat last night and talking to people in the missions-organization channel, having just dropped a guide to juggling aggro in there, and was planning to help another goon out with a T10 mission when I suddenly lost roles and thought my client was bugged while in the middle of a conversation.

So yeah, I was super engaged with the corp. I didn't exactly have the Discord permissions to catch up on messages in the announcements channel to figure out what was going on at that point. Go look up my chat history in that server before making dumb accusations. And while you're at it, tell BlunderBuss I can't help him with his mission today because I'm allegedly not active enough.

You're just being a dick

Solvarn
Dec 28, 2009

Banana Factory posted:

This post took more effort than reading and following simple instructions which maybe shows a casual disregard or disrespect for the amount of stupid poo poo involved in running a pretend space corp.

If you're comparing Gooseflock to Goonewaffe I was denied entry to Goonwaffe because I wasn't interested in doing the truffle shuffle to get in. My post count is poo poo and may continue to be because of Reddit.

I'm glad to hear about your space nostalgia. Im sure this game will be similar to EO in that reading about it is more entertaining than actual doing it.

So in closing if you need help using Discord ask in chat.

Solvarn fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 23, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Deathnexus?

They were reasonably active TBH.

Always nice too :shrug:

Solvarn
Dec 28, 2009

Stealthgerbil posted:

You're doing God's work there. Pain is the best teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

You messaged me. I told you to get a vouch. Seems like there's a few people who might have been willing. You'd probably be in the alliance right now if they'd just vouched for you.

Instead you started going off about "its been more than a decade do you think we all still have our SA accounts," bragging about something you did in some other lovely game, and telling us someone we banned two weeks ago is the reason you found our discord in the first place.

edit: "i don't actually remember any of you guys from the beta or SG days" LOL no poo poo dude why are you here

Alligator Tower fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 23, 2020