Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Banana Factory posted:

You were the combative ones. I ended up following the instructions and authing properly anyways but after several of you started getting accusatory, nothing was good enough. Dissecting my post history to see if i was an Authentic® Certified© Goon™, accusing me of stealing SA accounts, interrogating me as to who I knew and when, and other crazy poo poo.

I guess it's a pretty horrible offense if nostalgia brought you back, which used to be acceptable but apparently is now a fatal cultural impurity hurf blurf. I was the spymaster in our Second Galaxy corp while we were waiting for Echoes to come out. I pulled off the first cap ship theft in that game with my alt ProfessorStupid while also making that game horribly unplayable for pubbies at the start of this year. Blake was asking me for spy help in DMs hours before he joined in the dogpile and I'm not even sure if he realized he was both attacking and asking for help from the same person, which is a great start for any fledgling intelligence agency!

I'm not mad so much as I am weirded out by the suddenness and the level of hostility last night. It looks like I'm explicitly banned from the discord now and can't rejoin, so if any goons in other alliances reading this need a spymaster I'm a free agent now.

And Darius JOHNSON was a better CEO than The Mittani ever was or will be. We should have kept our "no mittanis allowed" policy instead of seeking his blessing for this corp.

the gently caress is a mittani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Banana Factory posted:

stupid bullshit

You're a clueless twerp. gently caress off to some pubbie corp where they'll breathlessly hang on to you reciting your list of accomplishments.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Deathnexus?

They were reasonably active TBH.

Always nice too :shrug:

Yeah, I spent the past couple weeks figuring out NPC missions and last night I posted a guide that you can basically use to run T10 missions with 2 or 3 regular cruisers, right before I got banned I was going to do it with BlunderBuss.

Alligator Tower posted:

You messaged me. I told you to get a vouch. Seems like there's a few people who might have been willing. You'd probably be in the alliance right now if they'd just vouched for you.

Instead you started going off about "its been more than a decade do you think we all still have our SA accounts," bragging about something you did in some other lovely game, and telling us someone we banned two weeks ago is the reason you found our discord in the first place.

edit: "i don't actually remember any of you guys from the beta or SG days" LOL no poo poo dude why are you here

None of this was a problem for any of the many iterations of these drama filled corps until you or whoever took over and suddenly it is. Anyways, I would be in the alliance right now also if you accepted the regular SA auth that I did with the bot, but I clearly did not pass the additional goon culture purity tests. Looks like you kicked one of the previous CEOs last night too, and you probably didn't even know who he was either.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You guys banned me and I was going to post ~the wonder years~ but now you will never get my rips and I don't see it anywhere else online so you'll never get it!!!! *2 hours later someone else posts a torrent with the wonder years, only 2 other people download it*

Feels like just yesterday.

if you aren't familiar I'm paraphrasing a hilarious post from around 2003.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Banana Factory posted:

Looks like you kicked one of the previous CEOs last night too, and you probably didn't even know who he was either.

I kicked out over 50 characters from our corps yesterday. Looks like I did kick another SG CEO, who has all of 5 posts.

I'm noticing a pattern in CEOs for our mobile spaceship games.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Banana Factory posted:

None of this was a problem for any of the many iterations of these drama filled corps until you or whoever took over and suddenly it is. Anyways, I would be in the alliance right now also if you accepted the regular SA auth that I did with the bot, but I clearly did not pass the additional goon culture purity tests. Looks like you kicked one of the previous CEOs last night too, and you probably didn't even know who he was either.

We knew who the other CEO was, but they weren't a poster either, so they didn't get to stay. No one cares what you did in second galaxies of all games, what the gently caress.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

all you had to do was read the announcements in discord sometime in the past few weeks
all you had to do was get somebody to vouch for you
all you had to do was remain calm and not flip out
instead, all this.

pixaal posted:

You guys banned me and I was going to post ~the wonder years~ but now you will never get my rips and I don't see it anywhere else online so you'll never get it!!!! *2 hours later someone else posts a torrent with the wonder years, only 2 other people download it*

Feels like just yesterday.

if you aren't familiar I'm paraphrasing a hilarious post from around 2003.

that reference is old enough to vote and drive. you need some fresher content.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

why doesn't anyone respect my random space game service as a substitute for literally the only requirement for membership?!

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hello Sailor posted:

Any idea what the drop rate is like?

Decent? I got a faction MWD, Scrm, turret, & armor hardener on an elite frigate drop.

Chasing t7 missions with 30 minute refreshes + travel time is the annoying part.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Banana Factory posted:

You were the combative ones. I ended up following the instructions and authing properly anyways but after several of you started getting accusatory, nothing was good enough. Dissecting my post history to see if i was an Authentic® Certified© Goon™, accusing me of stealing SA accounts, interrogating me as to who I knew and when, and other crazy poo poo.

I guess it's a pretty horrible offense if nostalgia brought you back, which used to be acceptable but apparently is now a fatal cultural impurity hurf blurf. I was the spymaster in our Second Galaxy corp while we were waiting for Echoes to come out. I pulled off the first cap ship theft in that game with my alt ProfessorStupid while also making that game horribly unplayable for pubbies at the start of this year. Blake was asking me for spy help in DMs hours before he joined in the dogpile and I'm not even sure if he realized he was both attacking and asking for help from the same person, which is a great start for any fledgling intelligence agency!

I'm not mad so much as I am weirded out by the suddenness and the level of hostility last night. It looks like I'm explicitly banned from the discord now and can't rejoin, so if any goons in other alliances reading this need a spymaster I'm a free agent now.

And Darius JOHNSON was a better CEO than The Mittani ever was or will be. We should have kept our "no mittanis allowed" policy instead of seeking his blessing for this corp.

Spy.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Banana Factory posted:

Yeah, I spent the past couple weeks figuring out NPC missions and last night I posted a guide that you can basically use to run T10 missions with 2 or 3 regular cruisers, right before I got banned I was going to do it with BlunderBuss.

literally all you had to do was ask the dude who brought you over to officially vouch

thats it

thats all

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Banana Factory posted:

It's because we spend a lot of ingame resources on providing free things to people, and giving them to people who don't play with us and don't hang out with us is expensive. I need those minerals saved so that when I welp my maller by falling asleep during a story mission, the corp can give me another one for free :colbert:.

No one cares about Second Galaxy and no one cares about the CEOs in that game. Maybe if you're big in the Second Galaxy community and that's important to you, you should go play with people who care about that.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I’m kind of a big deal in the other Chinese toilet space game.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

Radio Free Kobold posted:

all you had to do was read the announcements in discord sometime in the past few weeks
all you had to do was get somebody to vouch for you
all you had to do was remain calm and not flip out
instead, all this.

I have vouches and SA auth, and honestly I always wanted to avoid disclosing my SA account to avoid people digging through my old post history and probable doxing, which is apparently what youall started checking out immediately. I'm going to find a goon corp that hasn't been taken over by new admins that get weirdly aggro for no reason and try to start drama out of the blue. I reconnected with Blunder as well and we're going to run missions anyways. Thanks!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Kaysette posted:

I’m kind of a big deal in the other Chinese toilet space game.

Do you know how important I am on the internet?

another old reference in it's teen years

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Banana Factory posted:

I have vouches and SA auth, and honestly I always wanted to avoid disclosing my SA account to avoid people digging through my old post history and probable doxing, which is apparently what youall started checking out immediately. I'm going to find a goon corp that hasn't been taken over by new admins that get weirdly aggro for no reason and try to start drama out of the blue. I reconnected with Blunder as well and we're going to run missions anyways. Thanks!

I'm sure bananafeet will appreciate you

https://discord.gg/happybees

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lol im pretty sure that anyone who has done stuff with you more than like 3 times and seen if youre not a creep would be willing to vouch for you but i guess the system works cuz you poo poo your pants instead of doing the bare minimum

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

Crell posted:

I'm sure bananafeet will appreciate you

https://discord.gg/happybees

Thanks! Looks like I'm already in that server if this was one of the many iterations of corps that we shuffled through in the past month as we went through drama after drama. I just dropped an application and my 24h timer should be up some time tonight.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I like how banana factory is coming in here and posting a "I'm the real victim here" version of events because they couldn't do the bare loving minimum. Just peak lol. And they can't just shut up, take the L, and leave.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Colin Mockery posted:

No one cares about Second Galaxy and no one cares about the CEOs in that game. Maybe if you're big in the Second Galaxy community and that's important to you, you should go play with people who care about that.

:ssh: The writing is on the wall and Second Galaxy is going almost certainly close service, or at least conclude English service, within the next twelve months so everyone is looking for a different spacegame

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I’m p sure the mission running channel is not opsec and is meant to be shared with friendlies (and SonBanana’s EO Goonswarm Guild members are blue to us), so you can definitely keep running missions with people if you don’t show your rear end so much that you get yourself banned or whatever.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Go RV! posted:

They were referencing a literal exchange we had with a j4g who "had to do dig out" their SA account from 10 years ago, and was absolutely baffled and combative about the extremely basic instructions given

The world is changing around me and I'm scared.

Ok that makes more sense to me. Can I just pretend that I retroactively posted my opinion on the matter and that joke posts aren't going way over my head?

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Colin Mockery posted:

I’m p sure the mission running channel is not opsec and is meant to be shared with friendlies (and SonBanana’s EO Goonswarm Guild members are blue to us), so you can definitely keep running missions with people

We're still nailing down the details but effectively yes we want to continue to have a shared friendly space like that.

Colin Mockery posted:

if you don’t show your rear end so much that you get yourself banned or whatever.

oops.

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

Is it too late to get a sweet Gooseflock gang tag while I sit here building my stack of golden eggs with the boys in Vale?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

The world is changing around me and I'm scared.

Ok that makes more sense to me. Can I just pretend that I retroactively posted my opinion on the matter and that joke posts aren't going way over my head?

All good friend!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Banana Factory posted:

And Darius JOHNSON was a better CEO than The Mittani ever was or will be.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing with you? Modern GSF or “imperium” :barf: has become what we used to mock and I hope this war with test fractures the alliance and drives off all the pubbies so they can get back to being goons. But also lol at bringing up 2010 goon poo poo from an entirely different group in an entirely different game.

quote:

We should have kept our "no mittanis allowed" policy instead of seeking his blessing for this corp.

What is this :tinfoil: nonsense? EE is strictly a no mittens zone.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

geese can't wear mittens

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Actually getting free poo poo is my birthright and I refuse to stand idly while you send me ridiculous requests like “post more than once a decade” or “ask someone to send a message”.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
I am a bad and infrequent poster and I still managed to not get purged from discord. Can I be CEO next?

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

corgski posted:

What is this :tinfoil: nonsense? EE is strictly a no mittens zone.

There was a point in the past iterations of drama over the past couple months where one of the previous goon admins actually sought mittens' blessing to operate an "official" EE goon corp, before that previous admin imploded in drama. It's hard to keep up because one admin after another here keeps imploding in a storm of drama. There's a locked EE thread here where it all happened. Mittani actually showed up in that thread and told him to gently caress off and it was all rather amusing.

Anyways my comment was more a response to the litany of things the current admin was saying to me in the Discord, which doesn't matter really.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Banana Factory posted:

Dissecting my post history to see if i was an Authentic® Certified© Goon™, accusing me of stealing SA accounts, interrogating me as to who I knew and when, and other crazy poo poo.

Just wanted to mention you can say poo poo here.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Pantomime Horse posted:

I am a bad and infrequent poster and I still managed to not get purged from discord. Can I be CEO next?

I'm bad and a frequent poster and I managed to still get purged. I think I deserve the keys to the hanger.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Banana Factory posted:

There was a point in the past iterations of drama over the past couple months where one of the previous goon admins actually sought mittens' blessing to operate an "official" EE goon corp, before that previous admin imploded in drama. It's hard to keep up because one admin after another here keeps imploding in a storm of drama. There's a locked EE thread here where it all happened. Mittani actually showed up in that thread and told him to gently caress off and it was all rather amusing.

Anyways my comment was more a response to the litany of things the current admin was saying to me in the Discord, which doesn't matter really.

yeah val is a massive dip poo poo thats established

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Pantomime Horse posted:

Post your best spy memes and we’ll consider you

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
I want you all to know that i have max level characters in WOW and FF14. I am also max level in COD Mobile and i personal have just shy of ten or fifteen posts in SA. I think I'm kind of a big deal. Please promote me to head Kungfu honcho. I promise to display mediocar pve fleet commander skills and worse than most pvp skills. I also have zero idea how to run anything, but who cares. I vote Kungfu for space king....

P.S If i can't be space king i will be content collecting golden eggs for our future EO domination.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

But are you an elite PVPer in Vendetta Online? This is critical.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Traveller posted:

But are you an elite PVPer in Vendetta Online? This is critical.

I've never played, but if it will give me a shot at being space king I will lie and say yes.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Kungfu Trader posted:

I want you all to know that i have max level characters in WOW and FF14. I am also max level in COD Mobile and i personal have just shy of ten or fifteen posts in SA. I think I'm kind of a big deal. Please promote me to head Kungfu honcho. I promise to display mediocar pve fleet commander skills and worse than most pvp skills. I also have zero idea how to run anything, but who cares. I vote Kungfu for space king....

P.S If i can't be space king i will be content collecting golden eggs for our future EO domination.

I’m currently recruiting for Goosefleet Extreme actually, we need a team of elite gamers with cross-MMO experience to thoroughly teabag the existing eve players. Just send 3bil isk to Marquit Alte in EO to cover the cost of background checks and we’ll get started.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

It was 3am when my phone buzzed.
"Hello?"
"How good are you at fishing in Stardew Valley?"
"Uh, pretty good I think."
That was it. Next I knew I was head Gooseflock Diplo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

im the lead spymaster in the goon lord of the rings online kinship and i stole a fell beast from a nazgul