Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I want to reinforce that we should be posting funny quotes!

E: I'm on mobile and working, that's my excuse for not posting one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Outrail posted:

Huh, I thought cops were civilians. Welp

they are

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dareon posted:

I barely know her! :haw:

Doesn’t stop cops.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

kennedy definitely had a tiny dick from being squeezed into a smaller shape by so many vaginas

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jerusalem posted:

"I'm wearing a chain worth 140k while you pay me to play your videogame."

Late stage capitalism really is a hell of a thing.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

This reminded me of the incel dude who thought dudes got bigger dicks by having sex with virginal women. I can't remember if that was a homegrown SA lunatic or just something i read in one of the GBS incel-watch threads.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Please don't die surrounded by dozens of half-finished replica anal prolapses

':hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Following this quote to see the context was a trip, it was somehow both exactly what I would and would not have expected

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Even more Gamestop Comlaints

spin-dry posted:

I just had an absolute BULLSHIT experience at gamestop. Lets just assume I won the lottery. I could give a poo poo of weather a game is USED and 5 dollars less..
But the employee was pushing every piece of bullshit used game he could on me and even recommending piece of poo poo games just because they're used. OK not to mention the DIPSHITS they allow to loiter in their place EVERY DAY. As soon as you walk in LOUD MOUTHED LARRY WANTS TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT HIS WONDERFUL ANIME FIGHTING GAME

Never ever ever buy from that hole in the wall. They exploit the idea that they are a "game shop" so as to shuck off their poo poo-for-nothing wares and no good deals.

The didn't even have 1 copy of half the top selling games. "OH We've got that one used right here"

gently caress U

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Sep 22, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol at copping a ban for anything Gamestop related.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

Lol at copping a ban for anything Gamestop related.

Is it better or worse to get banned from Gamestop?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He was right. Free spin-dry

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dip Viscous posted:

rutger hauer racing, a kart racer where you can select from 60 different rutger hauer characters

pole position lost, like tears in rain

Jolo posted:

Hitcher Rutger starts without a kart and has to hitch a ride and psychologically torment the actual driver into driving the kart well. He has dialogue options instead of gas/brake/steering.

gary oldmans diary posted:

if only you could see what ive seen with your headlights

Jolo posted:

Little guage in the bottom right indicates your miles per Hauer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Woah, that's like a threeba.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'd give myself a self-five for correctly guessing it was goatse related, but I know where that hand's been.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Amazing

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Cojawfee posted:

Everytime I want to watch 2001, I remember I have to get through that ape sequence first.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Turn on the TV?

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

The thing I've never understood about 70's shorts is, was people's junk just constantly falling out, was that a common issue? Seems impossible to avoid.

Oscar Wild posted:

I tie mine around my ankle so that problem doesn't happen.

Proteus Jones posted:

Wouldn't that make it difficult to walk, tying your shorts around your ankle?

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Does anyone have links to previous forum quote threads? There was a history-related quote that I wanted to try to look for.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

S.D. posted:

Does anyone have links to previous forum quote threads? There was a history-related quote that I wanted to try to look for.
Here’s the OP of the quotes thread immediately prior to this one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thanks to that thread I found the Saga of Doctor McHeadbutt again, and I'm not going to check the last 760+ pages to see if it's been posted already so enjoy.

Etherwind posted:

I'll try to remember it in full. It's a worst experience, so it fits in here.

A friend of mine, one of my regular players, borrowed my Call of Cthulhu material and decided he was going to run a game at the gaming society we both attend. This was a bad idea for a couple of reasons, the first being that it's hard to do evocative horror when you have a busy, happy background going on around you (unless you're specifically playing up the social alienation angle). The second, and more important, reason it was a bad idea was because he invited Donnie to play.

Donnie is a good guy. I ran a Blue Rose campaign, he played in it, and it was great fun for all involved. However, Donnie is not a subtle guy, and he's not the sort of guy who can experience horror or exercise fearful judgement when it's required. As evidence toward this, when the group was rolling up reasonable, urbane, ordinary Call of Cthulhu characters, he decided to make a doctor.

With maximum ranks in the "headbutt" skill. More points in "headbutt" than he had in "medicine", and his character was a doctor. My friend convinced him to at least make his "medicine" skill equal to "headbutt", and the game proceeded on track.

You know the old saying, "Give a man a hammer, and everything looks like a nail?" Well, when you turn a man into a hammer, the same thing is true. Donnie tried to headbutt everything even vaguely problematic. It started with a door that wouldn't open, escalated to an ATM (which he scored a critical success against, and landed some free cash) and climaxed with him headbutting a skeleton after stumbling out-

Let's wind it back a bit. During the course of the adventure, when they started encountering horrific skeletons that stalked their every move during the night, the party decided to tool up on weaponry. They visited a mall, broke in, and decided to ransack some of the shops to acquire weapons. Someone got a fire axe from a hardware store. Most got guns from a gun store. Donnie, since he liked fireworks, decided to drive to the local mining supply depot while this was happening, and after headbutting his way into a badly locked supply shack he made off with a backpack full of dynamite.

Eventually they tracked the skeletons down to an old well in the back garden of a manor house, and after a bit of research discovered that it had a cursed stone in at the bottom. Being pro-active, Donnie suggested they lower him into the well with a flashlight and his dynamite, and he'd rig it to blow. It sounded plausible, so they lowered him down with the flashlight and a pistol, and waited until he was in place.

Messing around in the thick mud at the bottom, his flashlight soon failed. Not alarmed, Donnie started feeling around to find the cursed stone, and was in the process of feeling its edges when the cursed blood he was sloshing around in began to form into yet more skeletons, as it was so dark down there it might as well be night. A skeleton grabbed the rope and pulled it down, and then began wrestling with him, dragging him into the mud.

Donnie let out a shout. Up at the top of the well, the rest of the party thought he was asking for the dynamite, and tossed it down. Desperately, Donnie began to headbutt the dynamite, hoping to set it off before the skeleton flayed him alive. Cue the following exchange:

"He's taking a long time down there."
"Can you see what's going on?"
"No, my flashlight isn't working."
"Give me those matches."

The player fumbled and dropped the match, and Donnie simultaneously landed a critical hit with his headbutt.

A massive explosion blew the well to smithereens. Rolling on the resistance table, Donnie survived the initial explosion, was thrown several blocks away, and crashed into some lady's house, breaking his legs. Understandably panicked, the lady called an ambulance, and five minutes later it turned up. At this point Donnie regained consciousness, and rather than be taken to hospital, he held the ambulance crew up with his pistol and stole the ambulance.

Meanwhile, a horrible, rapidly decaying, muddy skeleton made from blood and charred, broken stone clawed its way out of the well in the shadow of the (now wrecked) house and began to advance on the party. Cue a massive combat that grew rapidly more tense, until it was interrupted by the sound of...

Sirens? The ambulance crashed through the fence, ran over the skeleton and screeched to a halt. Donnie, his legs broken, staggered out of the ambulance and fell to the ground, right beside the pinned monster. It proceeded to try and grab him, and he responded the only way he knew how.

With a headbutt.

Edit: and remember, it's Doctor McHeadbutt. He worked long and hard for that PhD in Aggressive Phrenology.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have never been able to figure out how that was a Worst Experience, unless the poster was dead set on having a hella spooky time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phy posted:

I have never been able to figure out how that was a Worst Experience, unless the poster was dead set on having a hella spooky time

You know how experiences can seem terrible when you're going through them but hilarious afterwards? I think it was that kind of worst experience.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Like reading ur posts

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't recall finding his posts hilarious after the fact.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thanks to that thread I found the Saga of Doctor McHeadbutt again, and I'm not going to check the last 760+ pages to see if it's been posted already so enjoy.

There's another great one of these about a guy with an old school adversarial gm so the guy made a cranky old man character with like 600 pages of backstory so he could always say his character actually had x experience or whatever and be just as lovely as the gm. It ended with him singing oh Canada in an abandoned hockey rink while shooting slapshots of explosives at an avatar of an old god trying to be reborn, but the journey made it much less monkeycheese random than that short summary makes it out to be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dagen H posted:

Like reading ur posts

Uh, this implies my posts are funny after the fact so thanks I guess.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Someone was looking for old quote threads, here they are:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

This allowed me to rediscover one of my favorite quotes ever:

fool of sound posted:

PopeCrunch posted:

The tortilla fedora caught fire in the oven when I was trying to crisp it up a little, the rice paper trucker cap just CRUMBLED INTO DUST when I picked it up after spending an hour making the loving thing, and the pancake hat was just floppy and dumb like my fat dumb asscheeks.
This sounds like a verse of Blinded by the Light.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Phy posted:

I haven't played a Call of Cthulhu roleplay myself, but I think that's a fair assumption. I rolled a similar character for my first ever D&D game, and thought I was pretty hilarious myself, but I was also super disruptive and frustrated the poor GM, who had planned out a whole story and had to deal with me trying to throw it off the rails at every turn. As that story is told, everyone rolls with it and it manages to become a good, if different experience, but there was probably also a large portion of it that involved everyone else trying to stick to the agreed-upon mood and being annoyed that it wasn't happening.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mmj posted:

There's another great one of these about a guy with an old school adversarial gm so the guy made a cranky old man character with like 600 pages of backstory so he could always say his character actually had x experience or whatever and be just as lovely as the gm. It ended with him singing oh Canada in an abandoned hockey rink while shooting slapshots of explosives at an avatar of an old god trying to be reborn, but the journey made it much less monkeycheese random than that short summary makes it out to be.

That's not an SA thing, you're thinking of the saga of Old Man Henderson. All he wanted was to know who stole his goddamn garden gnomes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dumb but worth a sensible chuckle:

freeedr posted:

Volume two was better. I really feel like three is where they started going downhill, though still worth a listen

Phy posted:

"Cylinders going downhill" is a valid genre in its own right

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

Much obliged! And I found the quotes I was looking for:

Hugs Boson posted:

Wait... so the Gay Viking, the Gay Corsair, and Master Standfast were on a secret mission to smuggle Swedish ball bearings, when the seamen of the Gay Viking had to get off after two ships bumped into each other?

That's what you get when you let 13-year-olds write your history books.

zoux posted:

"In the dark, something rammed the Gay Viking from behind. 'That's queer,' thought Seaman Rod Johnson, as he reached around his bunk."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

S.D. posted:

Much obliged! And I found the quotes I was looking for:

Thank god I’m gay or I’d feel really bad about how much this is making me laugh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
E: nope

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Phy posted:

There are two types of D&D players, those who want to play Lord of The Rings, and those who want to play Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The latter tend to outnumber and annoy the former. Here's a quote from a game I saw on Youtube once.

GM : I wanted a serious Star Wars campaign
Player : Dude, this is Spaceballs and you know it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bad Wolf posted:

There are two types of D&D players, those who want to play Lord of The Rings, and those who want to play Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The latter tend to outnumber and annoy the former. Here's a quote from a game I saw on Youtube once.

GM : I wanted a serious Star Wars campaign
Player : Dude, this is Spaceballs and you know it.

I have never played D&D but I think it's because everyone I know who does is the former player type and I would quite obviously be the latter and they just don't want to even try.

e: I'd be soooo good at it though, I do all the voices and am quite skilled at interpretive dance!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not an SA thing, you're thinking of the saga of Old Man Henderson. All he wanted was to know who stole his goddamn garden gnomes.

Thank you for introducing me to this story, incidentally.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Promoted Pawn posted:

There’s a real possibility that Bad Boys for Life will be the highest grossing movie of 2020.

SLOSifl posted:

Contestant: what is Bad Boys for Life

(Audience produces vibrations by rubbing their hind legs against their carapaces)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

ChubbyChecker posted:

why do people use words like "kramering"

Mr. Fix It posted:

because we're old and have fond memories of Kramer vs. Kramer