Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Alright, the 2020 injury story arc is about to hit shark-jumping territory.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1308850381175361538?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

poly and open-minded posted:

Traded Stephon Diggs and my 2022 1st and 2nd for Lamarr and Amari

Same guy in my big money league just made a trade that sent:
Melvin Gordon and $177 salary cap (our total is $1260)
for
Saquon Barkley and a 2025 2nd round pick

The team getting Gordon is the likely favorite to win the championship at this early stage

Both players' contracts expire at the end of this season

I'm strongly considering quitting this league, even if I managed to win it

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gearman posted:

Mulling over a trade where:

I give: Austin Ekeler
I get: Pat Mahomes

It's a 0.5 PPR, 4pt passing TD, 2RB, 1 Flex league

My current QB is Drew Brees who is definitely under-performing without Michael Thomas. I'd expect another 5-10 points with Mahomes in there instead.

My current RBs are CEH, Ekeler, Kelley, Singletary, and McKinnon.

I'd definitely be a little thin at RB but with McKinnon looking like he's going to be the RB1 for a couple weeks, I think I might be alright.

I'd normally not make this trade but because it's Mahomes I'm giving it some extra time to think about.

What QBs are available? I find it hard to believe there isn’t a Minshew, Josh Allen or Burrow available.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 24, 2020

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

Why QBs are available? I find it hard to believe there isn’t a Minshew, Josh Allen or Burrow available.

12-teamer and you'd be surprised. Teams are hoarding good QBs for no good reason! Edit: I counted at least seven (!) teams that are rostering at least two QBs.

On the wire:

Trubisky
Tannehill
Carr
Stafford
Fitzmagic
Bridgewater
Mayfield
Haskins
Cousins
Darnold
Herbert
Driskel

Gearman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 24, 2020

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Gearman posted:

12-teamer and you'd be surprised. Teams are hoarding good QBs for no good reason!

On the wire:

Trubisky
Tannehill
Carr
Stafford
Fitzmagic
Bridgewater
Mayfield
Haskins
Cousins
Darnold
Herbert
Driskel

Why is Stafford there? Grab him, he should be above average once Golladay is back.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tannehill is 10th and 11th in points in the two leagues I am in, and he didnt have his best WR last week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gearman posted:

12-teamer and you'd be surprised. Teams are hoarding good QBs for no good reason! Edit: I counted at least seven (!) teams that are rostering at least two QBs.

On the wire:

Trubisky
Tannehill
Carr
Stafford
Fitzmagic
Bridgewater
Mayfield
Haskins
Cousins
Darnold
Herbert
Driskel

Yeah, just grab Tanney and/or Stafford, giving up Ekeler is nowhere near worth it

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
1 PPR, TY Hilton and Gallup were both dropped and i got the #2 waiver, haven't followed either much yet but i should prioritize Hilton yea?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

VietCampo posted:

1 PPR, TY Hilton and Gallup were both dropped and i got the #2 waiver, haven't followed either much yet but i should prioritize Hilton yea?

Yeah. He hasn't been playing well but maybe he's just rusty from no pre-season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gearman posted:

On the wire:

Trubisky
Tannehill
Carr
Stafford
Fitzmagic
Bridgewater
Mayfield
Haskins
Cousins
Darnold
Herbert
Driskel

Dude grab Tannehill and call it a day.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Same guy in my big money league just made a trade that sent:
Melvin Gordon and $177 salary cap (our total is $1260)
for
Saquon Barkley and a 2025 2nd round pick

The team getting Gordon is the likely favorite to win the championship at this early stage

Both players' contracts expire at the end of this season

I'm strongly considering quitting this league, even if I managed to win it

Why would you quit because someone is building for the future? That's a viable strategy

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

VietCampo posted:

There is probably someone on your roster worth dropping for Gallup too. I'd rather have Gallup than a few of the top 24 WRs right now.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
My RB’s are James White, Tarik Cohen, and Austin Ekeler.

Would you give up Dak Prescott for Drew Brees & Mark Ingram?

12 team .5 ppr

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

12 team .5 ppr

I would pass.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

12 team .5 ppr

it is entirely possible drew brees is permanently washed

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Of
Devin Singletary
Anthony Miller
Joshua Kelly
Miles Gaskin
Dion Lewis
Darrell Henderson

Who, if anyone is worth dropping for Russel Gage, full ppr

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Of
Devin Singletary
Anthony Miller
Joshua Kelly
Miles Gaskin
Dion Lewis
Darrell Henderson

Darrell or Dion, probably Dion because the Giants after a mess.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I like Henderson this week. definitely dion Lewis though

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

There is probably someone on your roster worth dropping for Gallup too. I'd rather have Gallup than a few of the top 24 WRs right now.

Yea i have a claim in to drop my kicker for Gallup too but i don't think i'll be able to get both.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Of
Devin Singletary
Anthony Miller
Joshua Kelly
Miles Gaskin
Dion Lewis
Darrell Henderson

Miller or dion definitely.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Artonos posted:

Miller or dion definitely.

Sorted. Thanks thread!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Sataere posted:

Why would you quit because someone is building for the future? That's a viable strategy

I should clarify, it's a 2nd round rookie draft pick. For 4 years in the future. Where he also sent salary cap relief while taking an IRed player (which provides additional cap relief). For Melvin Gordon.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I should clarify, it's a 2nd round rookie draft pick. For 4 years in the future. Where he also sent salary cap relief while taking an IRed player (which provides additional cap relief). For Melvin Gordon.

Why are you allowed to trade picks that far in the future?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

We are discussing making a rule to prohibit it. The guy who gave the 2025 pick is asking "what problem does it solve?"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

We are discussing making a rule to prohibit it. The guy who gave the 2025 pick is asking "what problem does it solve?"

This makes more sense. Melvin Gordon should still end the year as an RB2, but there needs to be a clear vision for both teams trying to get better.

I've fired saled dynasty teams because I knew I couldn't win with what I had, but it was obvious what I was doing.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Got a trade offering me Chris Carson and Hollywood Brown for my Hopkins. It's . 5 PPR and I'm down an RB since Saquon.

Any reason not to hit accept?

EDIT: My other WRs are Lockett, Diggs, N'Keal, and Judy, plus Kelce at TE.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 24, 2020

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Vargo posted:

Got a trade offering me Chris Carson and Hollywood Brown for my Hopkins. It's . 5 PPR and I'm down an RB since Saquon.

there's a fairly good chance Hopkins leads the league in targets this year, and he is just under Thomas in catching ability.

who are your other RBs?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

there's a fairly good chance Hopkins leads the league in targets this year, and he is just under Thomas in catching ability.

who are your other RBs?

My other RBs are Dave Montgomery, Todd Gurley, Snell, and Philip Lindsay.

My other WRs are Lockett, Diggs, N'Keal, and Judy, plus Kelce at TE, so I think I'm okay on pass catchers still?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I picked up Myles Gaskin today too.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 24, 2020

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Vargo posted:

My other RBs are Dave Montgomery, Todd Gurley, Snell, and Philip Lindsay.

My other WRs are Lockett, Diggs, N'Keal, and Judy, plus Kelce at TE, so I think I'm okay on pass catchers still?

your WRs/TE are good, and your RBs are not.

that being said, you're giving up the best player in the deal, which is in general not great.

can you get someone else instead of brown? Carson and...an upgrade at QB? or another RB?

maybe you give hopkins and your QB for Carson and their better QB?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Vargo posted:

EDIT: My other WRs are Lockett, Diggs, N'Keal, and Judy, plus Kelce at TE.

I'm pretty high on Brown, but I need a better running back than Carson to move Hopkins. Carson's had too many injuries for me to feel comfortable with him

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

your WRs/TE are good, and your RBs are not.

that being said, you're giving up the best player in the deal, which is in general not great.

can you get someone else instead of brown? Carson and...an upgrade at QB? or another RB?

maybe you give hopkins and your QB for Carson and their better QB?

He's a major Cowboys homer so I wouldn't get Dak from him (and I'm happy with Josh Allen and Gardner anyway)

His other RBs are Josh Jacobs, Josh Kelley, Malcom Brown, and JK Dobbins.

Brown is who I'd want most but unlikely after he blew half his FAAB to get him.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

on in that case I'd look to move Minshew for an upgrade at RB

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

on in that case I'd look to move Minshew for an upgrade at RB

This is very good advice that I am not going to follow because it means giving up my darling boy.

(Also I already looked around and no one in my league wants him, they're all happy with their QBs)

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Sataere posted:

This makes more sense. Melvin Gordon should still end the year as an RB2, but there needs to be a clear vision for both teams trying to get better.

I've fired saled dynasty teams because I knew I couldn't win with what I had, but it was obvious what I was doing.

It's also week 2 and the other guy was 4th in scoring. Just a very frustrating trade.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Just saw Gibson was dropped for some reason in a league that's otherwise been fairly competitive.

How much FAAB should I drop?

Not RB needy but could potentially trade him for a top QB/good WR when they start getting him involved in the passing game.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

gently caress me the shmoes I dug up to fill my injury ravaged teams are being held out of practice with injuries of their own.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

gently caress me the shmoes I dug up to fill my injury ravaged teams are being held out of practice with injuries of their own.

ignore Wednesday and Thursday injury reports for Sunday and Monday games

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Someone proposed a trade to me where I send Dalvin Cook to them in exchange for George Kittle (injured) and Mark Ingram II (in a committee backfield). I'm trying to not be insulted. I already have a (currently) better TE in Jonnu Smith so why should I downgrade my RBs to take on a second, injured, TE?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: Reply is not edit; sorry for the doublepost

I just realized that all but one of my RBs is on a bye week 8. De'Andre Swift is available on the waiver wire... how much FAAB is too much when our budget is $100 and I have $89 left? It is a PPR league and he has scored more than 10 points the past two weeks with a fair number of targets. Also, he is a potential keeper next year (I would only think about doing it if the Lions dont bring AP back) and I'm in a bit of a pickle, so I'm fine with spending a fair amount on him but obviously dont want to do something insane like $41 for the corpse of Devonta Freeman.

edit: I'm really new to being in a FAAB league so feel free to point me to reading material or talk to me like I'm an idiot because I'm also dealing newborn-induced mushbrain

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

Brown is who I'd want most but unlikely after he blew half his FAAB to get him.

That’s his problem, not yours. It doesn’t increase his value to the next person.