Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
we can paint virtually anything with computers. but based on what actually hits screens, you'd think there's only variations on two or three ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
So the Playstation Network is down so I can't "verify my licence" to play Yakuza Kiwami.

e: did they get ddos'd or something? Everything is down and the only error message is "You may have some difficulty accessing PlayStation™Video content. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience."

thehoodie fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 24, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

I know it feels like it happens every game but I think it only really happens like...three times across eight games?

I got excited to see Kaoru show up at the cemetery, only for her to say she’s going away

Why can’t Kiryu find a love that lasts

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

thehoodie posted:

So the Playstation Network is down so I can't "verify my licence" to play Yakuza Kiwami.

Console not set as your primary?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

I got excited to see Kaoru show up at the cemetery, only for her to say she’s going away

If he did it would be really hard to write him as someone who wanders around the street alone beating people up.

Edit: but also, the entire worldview of Yakuza 0-6 is based around a single arbiter of justice who pushes everyone else away for their own protection. Once you start playing 7 you'll absolutely see the contrast.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Samurai Sanders posted:

If he did it would be really hard to write him as someone who wanders around the street alone beating people up.

More importantly, how could he go around banging all the top hostesses in Kamurocho then? We're allowed to see seedy underbelly, but not THAT seedy. Gotta love Japanese prudishness in weird places!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

More importantly, how could he go around banging all the top hostesses in Kamurocho then? We're allowed to see seedy underbelly, but not THAT seedy. Gotta love Japanese prudishness in weird places!
Lol if you think that customers of hostesses aren't overwhelmingly married men.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

Edit: but also, the entire worldview of Yakuza 0-6 is based around a single arbiter of justice who pushes everyone else away for their own protection. Once you start playing 7 you'll absolutely see the contrast.

I played 0,1,2,6 and the overarching theme other goons told me was that he runs away from things and causes them to get worse?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I forgot about TGS, very excited for Nier though.

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1308846204286099458?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

for anyone who hasn't played it, $20 is probably the cheapest NieR Automata will get in the next 6 months

If I’ve already purchased it how do I claim this 20$ credit?

rideANDxORdie posted:

, Michael Transactions

VG let me get a name change

bows1 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 24, 2020

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

I played 0,1,2,6 and the overarching theme other goons told me was that he runs away from things and causes them to get worse?
Yeah. He has to turn down long-term responsibilities to other people all the time because that's just how he is. It's good that the game is portrayed as over the top ridiculous as it is because otherwise it would be really sad.

I mean, in the beginning of three it looked like it might be different but ultimately he left a literal child in charge of the orphanage and ran off to punch some people.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah Kiryu is a massive coward and a hypocrite but the games don't call attention to it very much. It took to like Dead Souls for someone to point this out and it was a non-canon game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
7 throws it into such ridiculous stark contrast that it's really hard to go back to the old games now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Steve Yun posted:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still wish they'd do a game where you play as Kaoru outside of Japan. I forget do they ever say specifically where in the US she was working? They could use Sotenbori and then a neighborhood on the west coast US or Honolulu or something for the other location.

I understand why they weren't made an item but I still hate that she's just cold never acknowledged ever again.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
It feels like Kiryu is getting arrested and doing time in prison too often and for long periods of time to really be able to commit to long term responsibilities, I can’t think of anything he’s explicitly turned down or anyone who he’s disappointed because of him being a coward that wasn’t explicitly out of his control, but I haven’t finished 3 yet and I feel like that will maybe happen in this game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Policenaut posted:

SMT: October 29th Japan, "Spring 2021" worldwide
NieR: Dunno, there's a TGS stream about it tomorrow

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1308846204286099458

Persona 4 Golden: hahaha

1. :)

2. :lol: ahh yes, the fabled "We Have a Decent Amount of New Info" event

3. :(

well, cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6v5VsilCQ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

If I’ve already purchased it how do I claim this 20$ credit?

VG let me get a name change

rewind your life

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

This is a bummer. There's so much inconsistency with the PS5 upgrades, it's all over the map

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Bad Sony is back.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

From Sekiro thread, courtesy of Aidan_702

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOUnXd-HQ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Kiryu never banged anybody. He’s a virgin and volcel.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

lmao at long armed centipede giraffe.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

there are like a thousand in-game references in that vid LMAO

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

JBP posted:

Bad Sony is back.

awuooo (wolf Howl)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Neo Rasa posted:

I still wish they'd do a game where you play as Kaoru outside of Japan. I forget do they ever say specifically where in the US she was working?

The Metropolitan US.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

univbee posted:

Console not set as your primary?
I had the same issue and it is set as my primary. But now it's saying I can't update it from the console because the network is down. It's all kinda hosed up.

Probably are getting ddos'd from a buncha pissed off preorder people, lol

e: yeah, I just checked status and everything is red. Still dunno why it decided my console isn't primary though, I can't even play offline ffs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Network looks like it might be recovering

acksplode
May 17, 2004

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it's so good. on such a crazy day i needed something that good

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

SubponticatePoster posted:

I had the same issue and it is set as my primary. But now it's saying I can't update it from the console because the network is down. It's all kinda hosed up.

Probably are getting ddos'd from a buncha pissed off preorder people, lol

e: yeah, I just checked status and everything is red. Still dunno why it decided my console isn't primary though, I can't even play offline ffs

Yeah this is my situation too. I never had any problems until a few months back and then it started happening from time to time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
When should I do The Frozen Wilds? Someone said earlier somewhere around when the Grave Hoard becomes an objective and I have that quest, but I'm not sure if I should go to the Frozen Wilds before or after.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This is incredible!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You can do it whenever. The content is specced for endgame and the bots actually have you relearn some of your habits and improvise new things because they're hard as gently caress.

I did it shortly after Meridian? And I thought it went fine.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
PSN is now unfucked it appears.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

This is one of those things that’s like so beautiful and funny it transcends laughter and I’m gonna watch it like 15 times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

This is one of those things that’s like so beautiful and funny it transcends laughter and I’m gonna watch it like 15 times.

:same:

I've already watched it a dozen. Might even be better than Praise Til You're Hollow

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I really need to learn to read the whole thread before replying

Akuma fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 24, 2020

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Holy poo poo.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer

This is a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that should be quoted on every page of this thread until elden ring comes out (so forever)