Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

xzzy posted:

Who could have guessed that weight matters in a battle with gravity!

Matters more the 1st Gen Forester is a offroader first before much anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A friend has just sent me this photo of a car she was sat behind in traffic.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Memento posted:

Yeah this isn't what I'd called pretty, but for functional aesthetic you can't go past this sort of poo poo.

nice

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

A bloke near me has about 6 or 7 Leyland P76s in different states of repair. This is a car that he uses for charity rallies:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Cant post P76 and not show the people its famous party trick:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Cant post P76 and not show the people its famous party trick:

Don't forget the party trick where it consumes 1L of oil every hundred kilometers standard from the factory

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

snugglz posted:

white steelies always look good on white trucks. mine are rarely white though

Whoa whoa whoa, story time? Is this really a public works vehicle or is that just a sticker for sticker's sake?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Memento posted:

Don't forget the party trick where it consumes 1L of oil every hundred kilometers standard from the factory

Why do you think it has room for a whole barrel?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Memento posted:

Don't forget the party trick where it leaks 1L of oil every hundred kilometers standard from the factory

Ftfy

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/BradWrench/status/1308768578405978113?s=20

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Is this the result of these photos that have been doing the rounds?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

dpack_1 posted:

Is this the result of these photos that have been doing the rounds?

:wtc:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

lmao I didn't even connect the dots on that. Well played.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Modus Man posted:

Rusty steelies and snow tires in the summer?? Somebody’s been peeking in my garage.

Funny you are all arguing over the correct amount of spokes on a wheel when the best spokes is no spokes.

Best spokes no spokes crew checking in.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Arishtat posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, story time? Is this really a public works vehicle or is that just a sticker for sticker's sake?

From a quick Google it appears to be related to a South African Burning Man style event.

That said, double cab utes are the work truck of choice across...well, the entire world where F-Series/Silverado trucks simply dont exist, or where a Hiace or Transit van makes more sense.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BuckyDoneGun posted:

From a quick Google it appears to be related to a South African Burning Man style event.

That said, double cab utes are the work truck of choice across...well, the entire world where F-Series/Silverado trucks simply dont exist, or where a Hiace or Transit van makes more sense.

Yeah I've seen a few of those.

If Mad Max is actually set in the Australian outback, it should have a lot more dual cab Japanese utes.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Havent been around a while. Lifes taken over and ive been working at a very fortunate shop.
So much so that Im a bit jadded after walking by this type of thing every day.

Those of you who are in a similar boat might agree that one gets used to it after a while and its just like working around anything else and I dont really get excited by or take pictures of much anymore let alone share it.

However my jaw got to drop again the other day so here yall go.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 24, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Preoptopus posted:

However my jaw got to drop again the other day so here yall go.

sweet jesus

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Holy mother of god one in the loving wild

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Hey, a supercar with Montana plates actually in Montana(?)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Memento posted:

Yeah I've seen a few of those.

If Mad Max is actually set in the Australian outback, it should have a lot more dual cab Japanese utes.

Mad Max is set in the Australian Outback, but in the mid to late 1970s, apparently. Actually, I saw where someone theorized it was all classic cars because carburetors and old tin survived better that newer cars chock full of electronics did when civilization took a nosedive. Makes sense, if you can get past how much fuel they use for all those rides...

Also, that 959 is sweet.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Darchangel posted:

Mad Max is set in the Australian Outback, but in the mid to late 1970s, apparently. Actually, I saw where someone theorized it was all classic cars because carburetors and old tin survived better that newer cars chock full of electronics did when civilization took a nosedive. Makes sense, if you can get past how much fuel they use for all those rides...

Also, that 959 is sweet.

The newest cars that have appeared in Mad Max were, I think, the R32 Skylines in Fury Road, and their outside was line with PCBs, so that's definitely been a thing

And yes, that 959 is sweet as all hell (and I'm a big 356 fan so :3: )

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Arishtat posted:

Afrikaburn Department of Public Works. from 2014 thru 2017 I worked on the crew that builds the infrastructure for that event. its basically Burning Man but in South Africa, so far cooler/smaller. all burns have a DPW, and a DMV for inspecting/regulating art cars.

in related Mad Max chat, I often worked with production crews that worked on Fury Road. they wound up shooting it in Namibia, and a lot of the equipment/vehicles wound up with crew members. I did a ton of mechanical/fab work on one of them. the caveat was we had to make it look like something that _wasnt_ in the film. I think we mostly succeeded. its built on a Land Cruiser chassis with a 1HD-T so its actually quite fast. the axles are 3 meters wide. its called Ossewa (ox wagon in Afrikaans).

can anyone recognize it?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The 959 was such an absolute technical marvel.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

snugglz posted:

Afrikaburn Department of Public Works. from 2014 thru 2017 I worked on the crew that builds the infrastructure for that event. its basically Burning Man but in South Africa, so far cooler/smaller. all burns have a DPW, and a DMV for inspecting/regulating art cars.

in related Mad Max chat, I often worked with production crews that worked on Fury Road. they wound up shooting it in Namibia, and a lot of the equipment/vehicles wound up with crew members. I did a ton of mechanical/fab work on one of them. the caveat was we had to make it look like something that _wasnt_ in the film. I think we mostly succeeded. its built on a Land Cruiser chassis with a 1HD-T so its actually quite fast. the axles are 3 meters wide. its called Ossewa (ox wagon in Afrikaans).

can anyone recognize it?

Oregon Trail meets Mad Max, I like it!

"Festus has died of dysentery. MEDIOCRE"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

snugglz posted:

can anyone recognize it?

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

ding ding ding

the dyno label inside describes it as Pole Car #3

Ive been considering making an art car thread. Ive built/wrenched on quite a few now

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I would read that so hard. :allears:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

snugglz posted:

ding ding ding

the dyno label inside describes it as “Pole Car #3”

I’ve been considering making an art car thread. I’ve built/wrenched on quite a few now

You absolutely should cmon now

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Yes please.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

snugglz posted:

Ive been considering making an art car thread. Ive built/wrenched on quite a few now

:justpost:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kinda whips rear end tbh. dude's taking it on that Gambler drive thing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Olympic Mathlete posted:

kinda whips rear end tbh

gently caress yes it does

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Omg I kinda always want a loving fiero.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

snugglz posted:

Doooo iiiiiiit.

Basically my reaction.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fat oversized tires on street cars always looks amazing. It's gotta be the hot wheels effect, right? Makes them look like a cute toy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

They should just sell it like this

https://twitter.com/therealautoblog/status/1309170609507753985?s=20

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

snugglz posted:

ding ding ding

the dyno label inside describes it as Pole Car #3

The axles definitely gave it away.
And yes on the thread.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I may have mentioned it before, but a buddy of mine has at least 10 Fieros in his back yard (he used to run a Fiero parts business.) Once I saw the "kart" phenomenon (Vette-karts, Miata-karts) and subsequently saw a skinned Fiero, I started contemplating a Fiero-kart. Like above, but all the FRP body panels removed, except maybe the roof panel (which is bonded, so a bit more difficult to remove anyway.)

Think of the coachbuild opportunities!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So that Art Of Rally game is super fun. Has rally stages, some free roam locations and daily weekly challenges.

Looks to have a ton of cars as well.