Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Phlegmish posted:

Imagine it, you could be a total nerd going for dem cheevos, while simultaneously getting into shape. The hardest difficulty setting would be 'Realistic', where you have to be an actual professional cyclist to keep up with the peloton.

That's it I'm creating my own tech start-up, even though I know nothing about either tech or running a business

that's okay, neither do most of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Len posted:

It's an exercise bike with a subscription program to spin classes so yes that's absolutely it

It's an incredibly expensive exercise bike with a subscription program to spin classes*

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Roblo posted:

It's an incredibly expensive exercise bike with a subscription program to spin classes*

my future sister in law has one and i make fun of it constantly. it's like 3 or 4 thousand i think plus the classes are what $60/mo?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Also it's apparently rife with hackers so even if you wanted to be the very best bikie man you're not beating Randy from Pensacola who's outpacing Lance Armstrong.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Len posted:

my future sister in law has one and i make fun of it constantly. it's like 3 or 4 thousand i think plus the classes are what $60/mo?
Not quite, but still expensive. $1895 for the bike and $39/mo for the video classes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Imagine it, you could be a total nerd going for dem cheevos, while simultaneously getting into shape. The hardest difficulty setting would be 'Realistic', where you have to be an actual professional cyclist to keep up with the peloton.

That's it I'm creating my own tech start-up, even though I know nothing about either tech or running a business

A new Prop Cycle would actually be pretty cool

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hundreds of thousands of dads, future dads, and dad-adjacents across Europe would go out and buy a VR cycling set that involved you racing against real-life cyclists, escaping from the peloton, climbing mountains, etc. I'd check it out and I'm not even particularly interested in cycling. I'm actually legitimately surprised something like this doesn't exist yet.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

There is an e-biking thing and someone actually cheated at and had to give up the world championship he won.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got to tell one of my clients I couldn't accept their offer of a free Peloton.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Was it the peloton company being mocked for particularly creepy commercial, pre-pandemic?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nitrox posted:

Was it the peloton company being mocked for particularly creepy commercial, pre-pandemic?

Less creepy, more incredibly ill advised.

https://youtu.be/ijof8uw4OHs

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nitrox posted:

Yeah the woman in it looked like she was trying her best to appease an abuser or kidnapper.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, upon rewatching it that was hella creepy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Less creepy, more incredibly ill advised.

https://youtu.be/ijof8uw4OHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2t7lknrK28

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

An article I read about it way back when put it best when it said she goes on to vlog her year-long journey of losing four pounds.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Holy poo poo, that's hilarious

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Why can't people sell just the subscription? Why there needs to be a bike attached to the deal? I imagine people would be interested in working out from home. You buy the subscription you want, purchase additional accessories that are required for the class (be it bike, barbells, whatever), done.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

canis minor posted:

Why can't people sell just the subscription? Why there needs to be a bike attached to the deal? I imagine people would be interested in working out from home. You buy the subscription you want, purchase additional accessories that are required for the class (be it bike, barbells, whatever), done.

You can. Peloton people are really into the whole peloton brand thing. My old boss had three bikes, one for home, one he took with him since he worked across the country, and one for his wife. Dude would not shut up about Peloton. Also would not shut up about keto, I’ve noticed Peloton people are also usually really into keto.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Phlegmish posted:

There's already a couple of VR bikes, or rather bikes that ar emeant to used as a "controller" for bike games with VR. Most of them seem in various stages of vaporware.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It sounds like a very expensive alternative to Ring Fit.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

15 million merits, except you pay to pedal the forever-bike! Genius!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

canis minor posted:

Why can't people sell just the subscription? Why there needs to be a bike attached to the deal?

Yeah you can get the app on its own and use it with whatever bike you have. I tried it for awhile but ended up liking CycleCast more or cycling to my own music instead.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phlegmish posted:

Imagine it, you could be a total nerd going for dem cheevos, while simultaneously getting into shape. The hardest difficulty setting would be 'Realistic', where you have to be an actual professional cyclist do horse drugs to keep up with the peloton.

I know I didn’t change much.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Um

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

foreverially crunchatized and loving it

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Phlegmish posted:

Now that you mention it, where the hell is my VR Tour de France game, why is it taking so long

Phlegmish posted:

Zwift is a popular choice with cyclists during the cold season. It allows you to use your own bike and a number of compatible trainer units to provide resistance that changes based on your virtual route.

It's not VR in that you don't have a helmet, but you are going on a virtual ride that simulates both real and imagined locations against others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBXnYW6yX_Q

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

You think after all this time Crunch would have gotten promoted. I'll have a bowl of Commodore Crunch please.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Soylent Pudding posted:

You think after all this time Crunch would have gotten promoted. I'll have a bowl of Commodore Crunch please.

It's all politics. He's refusing to bend a knee to the right people and honestly I have to give props for maintaining self-respect.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soylent Pudding posted:

Isn't he wearing an admiral's uniform?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/syafiqjabar/status/1311302941211389952?s=19

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

Isn't he wearing an admiral's uniform?
maybe it's a stolen valor type situation

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Any naval officer in charge of a ship is referred to as captain. If he got promoted and kept his command post, his crew would still call him captain.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Soylent Pudding posted:

He hated his time as admiral and chafed against the system enough that they bumped him back down to his first, best destiny in the captaincy. Do you not even pay attention to the movies??

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I wonder if the Dread Pirate Roberts was called captain by his crew.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

He hated his time as admiral and chafed against the system enough that they bumped him back down to his first, best destiny in the captaincy. Do you not even pay attention to the movies??

You're thinking of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

Any naval officer in charge of a ship is referred to as captain. If he got promoted and kept his command post, his crew would still call him captain.

This is incorrect. A captain of two ships is called a captwin.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Peloton And all that poo poo isn't competing to be an exercise bike, it's competing with church

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All exercise equipment is competing with Church. His fried chicken is better than popeye's or kfc.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Magic the Gathering / The Walking Dead crossover that's got all of the Magic internet on fire right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches