Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love getting these random worthless mods as my quest reward.
Pretty sure I just got a box that was full of smaller boxes that were full of nothing for turning in these flowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shirkelton posted:

No, they're redoing the main character models, facial animations and all that stuff and giving it a whole suite of upgrades apparently.

they've mentioned facial animations?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rinkles posted:

they've mentioned facial animations?

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1308594795846148097?s=20

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

wonder what that entails. i can't imagine they totally redid the cutscene facial animations. that would be a lot of work for something that doesn't need much improvement, I'd think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would imagine it's back to the original animation captures and remastering them at 60fps keyframes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok cool did a few more story missions in HZD and got a couple of purple weapons. I almost had enough shards for the super sniper bow, but I didn’t have any opportunities for sniping so I was like “oh this is like the drop down stealth kill skill, I don’t think I’ll ever get to use it...”

of course the next mission is a quarry where you have the high ground and no one can see you! drat!

Now I’m helping the really cool guy find his (dead?) sister. I feel like this is great place to branch out and do the Ubisoft thing. Get all the tallnecks, farm some collectibles, and just explore a little bit.

Are Hardpoint arrows just arrows that do more damage to machines? They didn’t appear to do extra damage to human enemies.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Would imagine it's back to the original animation captures and remastering them at 60fps keyframes

the thing they didn't do for horizon's pc release

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It’s really weird to me that they won’t let you pay the $20 just to get the Spider-Man PS5 upgrade but I can’t really get mad at a 2 year old game not being a free upgrade. There has to be a cutoff at some point and I don’t mind paying for the work they put in to the remaster. Just let me buy the loving thing separate Sony.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

the thing they didn't do for horizon's pc release

My brother was showing me Death Stranding on PC and it has the cutscenes capped at 60fps so I wonder did they initially keyframe at 60 knowing they were making a PC version.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel very fortunate that I don’t have any interest in playing Spider-Man again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm kinda glad I decided it would be a terrible idea to buy a PS5 at launch so I can wait for the dust to settle on a lot of this crap lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But that’s what makes the fan loud

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rad Valtar posted:

It’s really weird to me that they won’t let you pay the $20 just to get the Spider-Man PS5 upgrade but I can’t really get mad at a 2 year old game not being a free upgrade. There has to be a cutoff at some point and I don’t mind paying for the work they put in to the remaster. Just let me buy the loving thing separate Sony.

I'm guessing they're doing this to boost sales of Miles' game. Maybe they'll offer the standalone upgrade later.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

I feel very fortunate that I don’t have any interest in playing Spider-Man again

Same, it was a great game that i beat in 2 weeks and sold on for £2 less than i paid and i never ever need to play again

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's not impossible that they set it up in a way that Spider-Man Remastered works as DLC for Miles Morales. Like there's only one PS5 UI icon to launch, and from the main menu you pick whether you want to play the Miles Morales campaign or the original game's campaign. Would still be possible to rebuild it so the original Spider-Man can work as a standalone, though.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok cool did a few more story missions in HZD and got a couple of purple weapons. I almost had enough shards for the super sniper bow, but I didn’t have any opportunities for sniping so I was like “oh this is like the drop down stealth kill skill, I don’t think I’ll ever get to use it...”

of course the next mission is a quarry where you have the high ground and no one can see you! drat!

Now I’m helping the really cool guy find his (dead?) sister. I feel like this is great place to branch out and do the Ubisoft thing. Get all the tallnecks, farm some collectibles, and just explore a little bit.

Are Hardpoint arrows just arrows that do more damage to machines? They didn’t appear to do extra damage to human enemies.

Meridian is a pretty good point to do some wandering, as not only has the world opened up but you also start having the gear to survive that world. While you're in Meridian I would recommend checking out the Hunter's Lodge if you haven't already.

Hardpoint arrows do significantly more tear against machines than regular arrows. So they rip off bits and pieces and expose them more. Eventually you'll get an arrow that Just does tear and does it better than anything else in the game and it's great.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Maybe it's cause I'm a Nintendo fan but why the hell do people expect to get a remaster for free?

Also that's a licensed game so there's probably contractual considerations for any particular release of it.

because of a few reasons, one being a lot of games released this year have promised free ps5 upgrades, so far control and now spider-man are the only two that are bucking that trend, plus this is the first time we've had a backwards compatible gen since the ps2 but companies got hooked on remasters going from ps3 to ps4 as a quick and easy buck but now people are waking up and realizing hey wait a second... on the bullshit of charging you for a game you already own and can play on the new console, and charging you for turning on and upping a few pc menu options and clicking apply.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I dont see why spiderman needs a remaster anyway. It's a two year old game and plays great as it is. Is every game going to turn into skyrim now and be continually released and updated from now until the end of time?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I dont see why spiderman needs a remaster anyway. It's a two year old game and plays great as it is. Is every game going to turn into skyrim now and be continually released and updated from now until the end of time?

60fps for a game like spider-man would be a big deal

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

any company would gladly kill a baby if it meant they continually sell you the same product over and over again. this is why we have every company making their on storefronts/launchers and subscription/streaming services. they hate that you buy 1 thing and own it forever.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 24, 2020

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They've already used Spider-Man as an example of the Boost mode performance, so I'm assuming things like loads will be automatically better anyway, but I still wish the remaster was available as a standalone option. I'm not really planning on buying any of the new games right away, so having a cheap system showcase would have been nice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My brother was showing me Death Stranding on PC and it has the cutscenes capped at 60fps so I wonder did they initially keyframe at 60 knowing they were making a PC version.

Probably. The PC version was announced months before the PS4 version even came out

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

any company would gladly kill a baby if it meant they coninually sell you the same product over and over again. this is why we have every company making their on storefronts/launchers and subscription/streaming services. they hate that you buy 1 thing and own it forever.

I mean it's cool if you've never played it before and it is a great game but it's not enough justification of my time to go through the whole game again, even if it were free

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was a good call cos it looks crazy good.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The games I'm looking forward to playing on my PS5 are games I could play on my PS4 Pro. Yakuza 7, Cold War, and Cyberpunk.

I don't want to play on a PC but want better performance and likely to get a 4K tv before I get the system. That's my justification for jumping to next gen early. I hope they announce more about the PS5 versions of Y7 and Cyberpunk because communication on Y7's PS5 version has been sketchy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Housh posted:

communication on Y7's PS5 version has been sketchy.

It's because Microsoft bought Sega and are pulling all the Yakuza games from PSN :getin:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

fridge corn posted:

I mean it's cool if you've never played it before and it is a great game but it's not enough justification of my time to go through the whole game again, even if it were free

Some people like to play games more than once.
Which I personally never understood and even my favorite games of all time I couldn’t bring myself to go throufh a second time, but some do!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's because Microsoft bought Sega and are pulling all the Yakuza games from PSN :getin:

Thank you M$, you've done this thread a great service.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Big Bucks Bill Gates is gonna buy FROM next, mark my words

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goblin week posted:

Some people like to play games more than once.
Which I personally never understood and even my favorite games of all time I couldn’t bring myself to go throufh a second time, but some do!

Sometimes I'll replay a straightforward linear campaign for the memories but I can't imagine replaying a 40 hour open world game

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can, Spider-Man is one of the best games on the PS4 and will probably be one of the best games on PS5

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Housh posted:

The games I'm looking forward to playing on my PS5 are games I could play on my PS4 Pro. Yakuza 7, Cold War, and Cyberpunk.

I don't want to play on a PC but want better performance and likely to get a 4K tv before I get the system. That's my justification for jumping to next gen early. I hope they announce more about the PS5 versions of Y7 and Cyberpunk because communication on Y7's PS5 version has been sketchy.

It sounds like Cyberpunk is not going to be too terribly exciting on PS4 though. CDPR was mentioning that part of the long delays this year is due to unacceptable performance on PS4/Xbox 1. I'm curious to see what sacrifices had to be made for these consoles. CP77 is absolutely a next-gen game.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I said come in! posted:

It sounds like Cyberpunk is not going to be too terribly exciting on PS4 though. CDPR was mentioning that part of the long delays this year is due to unacceptable performance on PS4/Xbox 1. I'm curious to see what sacrifices had to be made for these consoles. CP77 is absolutely a next-gen game.
That's exactly why I want PS5. I want to avoid a slideshow. I learned my lesson playing Far Cry 3 on PS3.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Not as big as €70

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not as big as €70

Yeah for real.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah companies don't do things for free. I'm just as confused as to why people are expecting a for profit company to do a "nice gesture" and hand out something that cost time and money to develop?

This isn't medicine or housing were talking about, it's an electronic toy and the one you already paid for still works fine. Course, medicine and housing are stupid expensive in the US but my point stands

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not as big as €70

Well it’s really only like €30 right because the other 40 is the new Miles Morales game

KingSlime posted:

Yeah companies don't do things for free. I'm just as confused as to why people are expecting a for profit company to do a "nice gesture" and hand out something that cost time and money to develop?

20 companies are doing something for free that 3-4 companies are charging $70 for. That’s why it’s a conversation.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It's dope that the other companies are doing something nice but you shouldn't let that skew your expectations. Games cost time and money to develop

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'd love to pay them for it, I just don't want to spend $70 on what's essentially a spit-polish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I don't get the people thinking it should be free but I definitely think it should be something you can buy on its own.