Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

All Xim users should be banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

What's the deal with plunder in warzone now? It's only quads, and the matches seem to be much longer than before.

Plunder is just chill as gently caress dad mode, so I'm cool with longer matches. I rarely play it, but I think it might be the greatest idea to ever be implemented into the overarching battle royale genre.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
It's battle royale, but everyone starts with their loadouts and there is no gas. What's not to like?

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

veni veni veni posted:

Tell me how to git gud at grapple points Codo27, master of ziplines.

I learned how from streamers like its_iron. Scout from somewhere else (tall building, helicopter), have the scout drop a steak on the roof so they go inside, coordinate the take by timing zips (outside first, inside slightly after) or jump in from the helicopter. Murder everyone as the come out the stairs.

It also works from inside. Go up the stairs, quietly get near the door, pop the streak and murder everyone as they rush inside.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1309183225751908352?s=12

What's the point of the train if you aren't in danger of being hit by it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Oh come on now! That would have been hilarious.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah that's kind of disappointing. I love using the train as a moving cover I want subway dangers!

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Macaluso posted:

• Subway won't move if there's fighting on the train or on the tracks

So not modelled after real Soviet country

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mrking posted:

I learned how from streamers like its_iron. Scout from somewhere else (tall building, helicopter), have the scout drop a steak on the roof so they go inside, coordinate the take by timing zips (outside first, inside slightly after) or jump in from the helicopter. Murder everyone as the come out the stairs.

It also works from inside. Go up the stairs, quietly get near the door, pop the streak and murder everyone as they rush inside.

Yeah. We have pulled off that kind of thing off a handful of times. Usually when I try to get anything like that going everyone just keeps talking about whatever TV show they are watching atm though lol.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

I’m guessing it was a Titans in Battlefield 2142 situation, where the connections couldn’t handle gunfights on a moving platform and it led to people clipping through poo poo and making everything unplayable.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m guessing it was a Titans in Battlefield 2142 situation, where the connections couldn’t handle gunfights on a moving platform and it led to people clipping through poo poo and making everything unplayable.

You can fight on the train now

It's not very fun

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It must suck developing these features knowing how underwhelming they'll be

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like the tunnels themselves are a more interesting addition than a running subway car. I'd have been just as happy if they hadn't even bothered with the car.

The tunnel being a big circle around the map is disappointing though. maybe I just expect way too much of this game, but I was hoping for a labyrinthian sewer system or something.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Can't wait to get bounties only to find out they're just hiding in the loving subway tunnels.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

The tunnel being a big circle around the map is disappointing though. maybe I just expect way too much of this game, but I was hoping for a labyrinthian sewer system or something.

I haven’t watched or read anything but that’s what I assumed it was from you guys talking about tunnels. But a full undermap labyrinth would also be way too big without a way to drive around

Instead of a train it should be those ye olde timey handcart seesaws that you can steer. Bonus points if in duos and up you and someone else have to get a button mash rhythm going like fukkin mario party

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
Bring back Kingslayer Trios you cowards.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

It really depends on how many exits/entry points there are. If there's only one every 500m or so, it would suck to get stuck in the tunnels. Kind of like how some of the stairs in buildings downtown don't have any windows for several floors: if you start going in, you're committed, and good luck if gas is on your rear end....

It would be interesting if you could summon vehicles like loadouts.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wait does this mean I could sit on the tracks and force the train to stay still until the circle comes and we all die?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The train's biggest issue is all the boxes on it respawn after a few minutes of starting which sucks. The tunnel by hospital it opened up was great though. It used to be a nightmare trying to move away from that spot because your only option was to go up over a mountain like some sort of hiking idiot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

anyone who lays down in shipment deserves to be shot into the sun

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

listen sometimes I just get tired ok

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

agreed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol why? I played like two hours of it last night.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
so cool trick with the helicopter is if you throw c4 accidentally on it you cant pull it off without falling to your death as well because same button
https://i.imgur.com/OlcIk2U.gifv

also this is why we cant have two helicopters
https://i.imgur.com/kQUHeu7.gifv

but I guess sometimes we need a spare because i get horny
https://i.imgur.com/3ELXfqs.gifv

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Went into a solos just trying to grab some contracts then go die for ribbon stuff, I drop at prison and get one of the easy secure area contracts, take the truck from the prison, get there and in the loot is a big glowy blueprint, tells me to go secure another area, I do so and it gave me an actual blueprint for completing it which all I'd never seen before, I then go on to complete a couple more contracts from driving around and being a menace, shotgun two dudes when randomly stopping to loot houses, roadkill a guy who was too slow on the draw to satchel my big honk truck, end up winning my first solo at the end because I snuck around as people died from gas, then climbed up some rocks and the last guy was crouch walking the direction away from me and I blatted him with an AK. When your match where you were initially planning to just suicide after a contract turns into something great.

Also make Shoot House and Shipment individually selectable modes like they are now, but forever.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 24, 2020

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

Lol why? I played like two hours of it last night.

It's shipment, you're supposed to run around and just fire wildly and not do things that look like trying

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

pacerhimself posted:

It's shipment, you're supposed to run around and just fire wildly and not do things that look like trying

Hardcore Shipment using only pistols is exhilarating, would recommend.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
So, I'm grinding skins in MP.

Shipment's ideal except for long distance AR/Marks/Sniper.

What's ideal for those? Please don't say shoot house.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Accretionist posted:

So, I'm grinding skins in MP.

Shipment's ideal except for long distance AR/Marks/Sniper.

What's ideal for those? Please don't say shoot house.

the long mid section on shoothouse will give long shots for snipers, or ground war, or you can look at a map on reddit (probably) for other longshot sightlines.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of people say ground war for longshots but on the other hand, ground war blows

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Shipment for snipers too imo.

Point blank hipfire like it's a shotgun, put a fast optic and noscope, capture points that are 20 feet apart, plenty of options.

You'll die a fuckload til you tank your sbmm enough to end up in gimmick lobbies but it's still faster than the alternatives.

Nevermind, longshots specifically is probably shoot house, plunder (scout optic and counter sniper roof rats downtown), or *shudders* ground war.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Managed to win a round and it must be the luckiest of luckiest flukes in all of history.
Only started playing it last week since first week it came out, less than 10 games total, one friend a total stoner with the reflexes to match, other friend is half decent but not good to carry both of us.
Dropped on Train, looted with no one in site, got off at a random house in the middle of the circle and looted some more, and just followed the circle.
Every single group we came around were looking the opposite way, only one tried to take us and somehow we outshot them.
Last circle moved three times, every single one of the last team just running away from us to keep up.
Plugged them in the back, win the round. 18 kills between us, all of us alive.
What the gently caress.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

happyhippy posted:

What the gently caress.

SBMM

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

shield trips are loving impossible, im at 10 after 3 hours of hc shipment and probably 8 of those were when there was a true hero on the other team that would find me to let me bop him

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

A lot of people say ground war for longshots but on the other hand, ground war blows

If you're grinding Longshot every mode blows, may as well get it over with fast.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

shield trips are loving impossible, im at 10 after 3 hours of hc shipment and probably 8 of those were when there was a true hero on the other team that would find me to let me bop him

The ABC's of Shield Triples:
  • A - Always
  • B - Be
  • C - Charging
  • 's - Smoking

Die fast enough and you'll smoke half the map. Huuuge help.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How does SBMM work with a Warzone squad? Does it average everyone’s SBMM together, or does only the party leader’s matter?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RCarr posted:

How does SBMM work with a Warzone squad? Does it average everyone’s SBMM together, or does only the party leader’s matter?

Afaik Infinity Ward still insists that SBMM doesn't exist in WZ (unless they confirmed it and I didn't notice), so everything is speculation. I don't think anyone has even outright proven it exists. I think just about everyone who plays it suspects it's there, and operates under the assumption that it's a thing though.

I will say the competition seems noticeably easier or harder depending on who I am playing with, but it's all anecdotal.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. We have pulled off that kind of thing off a handful of times. Usually when I try to get anything like that going everyone just keeps talking about whatever TV show they are watching atm though lol.

key is to find a group that plays like you do. There's a pretty good variety of dudes on the discord and all I've played with are chill, but you definitely can't force a team who wants to win to go full murder party up the zips. I'm not very good but I'll go full aggro with you if you want (Grossy in discord)

Also, when clearing a roof you really do need to use someone as bait. Like if you're using stairs to clear a roof, bait dude clears the door and runs BEHIND it. Enemy team on the roof all bite off on the guy hiding behind the door wall while the rest of the team pushes out and kills the distracted enemy.

Works great with cars too. I'll drop the team off at good firing spots then drive at the enemy trying to bait shots and run dudes over. Friendlies get free intel and shots, I get to drive around like an idiot. win win!

RCarr posted:

My educated guess is it's an average of all players. I can definitely tell the difference in grouping with good Goons vs my very bad irl friends even when I'm hosting.

JacksLibido fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Do the operator missions go away at the end of the season or can I spare myself trying to grind those out over the next couple of days?