Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

way ahead of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Directions unclear, monitor is now jammed into the nearby wall.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Technology is incredible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's it supposed to do

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I also got nothing. Magic Eyes never work for me either.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's it supposed to do

it just kinda wiggles the middle images

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

jojoinnit posted:

I also got nothing. Magic Eyes never work for me either.

Magic Eyes don't actually work people just claim they do because other people claim they do and they don't want to look dumb.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

Magic Eyes don't actually work people just claim they do because other people claim they do and they don't want to look dumb.

Oh! It's a sail boat.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Desert Bus posted:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Desert Bus posted:

This is what I choose to believe.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

:perfect:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hello

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hello, old friend!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

it's hard to make out the ring, but I feel like the gape is coming right at me!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Planet Killer is coming right at us!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

See? Look at all these people pretending they can see something just so they can be part of the in crowd.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I did so many stereograms when they were a Thing in the 90s that I have a hard time seeing the flat image, even in a thumbnail on my phone

I occasionally get stereo effects from unintended recurring patterns like the sidewalk which is disorienting

It's never a sailboat either

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maybe my eyes are broken but I just see a texture. I think I know what I'm supposed to be seeing but nothing no matter how I look at it.

Maybe that's :thejoke:

e:
I stared at it for several minutes and eventually it started to look like it wiggled and a bit at the centered looked 3D but nothing beyond that. I probably just need training.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Sep 24, 2020

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Maybe my eyes are broken but I just see a texture. I think I know what I'm supposed to be seeing but nothing no matter how I look at it.

Nope you're just a normal person who doesn't bow to peer pressure and mass delusion.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

there is legit a magic eye image, brown eye in fact. sorry you cannot cross your eyes correctly to see these things.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FreudianSlippers posted:

There's a technique to tricking your brain into seeing it. Several actually

The best way I can describe it is that you have to focus at a point PAST the image which means making your eyes go closer to parallel than if you were focusing ON the image

Or you can actually do it the opposite way and move toward crossing your eyes

Try to make two similar vertical features in the repeated pattern line up

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The only way I've ever been able to make it "work" is by making two 50% opacity copies on different layers in Photoshop and slowly moving one over the top of the other.

But who has that kind of time lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

There's a technique to tricking your brain into seeing it. Several actually

The best way I can describe it is that you have to focus at a point PAST the image which means making your eyes go closer to parallel than if you were focusing ON the image

Or you can actually do it the opposite way and move toward crossing your eyes

Try to make two similar vertical features in the repeated pattern line up

I cross my eyes slightly and let them slowly come back into alignment but when I find the sweet spot I kind of let my eyes relax then I can't not see the image.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Got a link to where a nerd who collects dice could purchase these?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I always see magic eyes instantly because I know how to set my eyes in the proper position, try and look through at the wall behind your phone or monitor to relax your eyes then gently start to focus back on your screen until the pattern overlaps correctly.

It helps to practice with something simple. If you can line up the goatses below to overlap each other to look like
:goatsecx: ........ :goatsecx: ........ :goatsecx:,
you can do a magic eye.

Now get practicing!

:goatsecx: ......... :goatsecx:

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
I went for years never being able to see anything in magic eyes until I got some glasses that helped out a lazy eye. Turns out you need both eyes in working order or you're SOL.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lurkman posted:

I went for years never being able to see anything in magic eyes until I got some glasses that helped out a lazy eye. Turns out you need both eyes in working order or you're SOL.

Welp

(I've had lasik and everything, my right eye just ... doesn't focus like it should, or let in enough light. Never has, and I wore an eyepatch as a kindergartner and everything. At least it points in the right direction I guess)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This must be a texture from Doom because it's got me wanting to make a huge wad.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My eyes are just too good to see those hidden pictures, sorry bout all yalls hosed up optics

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's it supposed to do

Optical illusion that makes it look like Temmie is shaking. :tem:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, a rectum!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

drat near killed 'em.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

a mans anus

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Loss

https://twitter.com/thesebosscats/status/1309103367722078213

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lurkman posted:

Back when they were first a thing, I figured out that I just straight couldn't see them with my glasses on.

Take 'em off, "oh hey it's - oh god what is that man doing to his rear end"

Phy has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Sep 25, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Haven't seen dickbutt in a long rear end time.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ok help I'm seeing it reverse and its full prolapse at me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's hard to make out the ring, but I feel like the gape is coming right at me!

DandyLion posted:

Ok help I'm seeing it reverse and its full prolapse at me!

Most magic eyes are formulated so that you have to go a little walleyed, ie look out to infinite distance and then refocus on the image like Picnic Princess said. If you cross your eyes instead, you get negative depth information, and that could certainly cause the gape to get a little intrusive.