Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Fffgguuuuuuuvvvkkkkkkk

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If this isn't shopped, then blessed

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

It's more likely than you think!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao okay anyone falling for THIS one has no excuse

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not even really falling for it, like I know it's not a video but I still want to press the button, I'm pretty sure you could make a sort of inverse skinner box that electrocuted me every time I pressed the button and I would still want to press it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I just wanna watch a video of what appears to be a very large Vegeta, no matter how stupid it makes me look. Can you honestly blame me?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I just wanna watch a video of what appears to be a very large Vegeta, no matter how stupid it makes me look. Can you honestly blame me?

Not at all. The very large vegeta is a pretty funny character too. He does exactly two things:

When he's introduced, he does a reaaaally slooooow leap into the air, then kicks with both feet as he descends slooowly. The protagonist catches his feet and spreads them apart and large vegeta (still midair) crosses his arms to launch his attack as the other characters gasp in awe at how this is the most perfect attack with the most perfect blend of defense and offense. It's unbeatable!

The second thing he does is do the extremely slow leap kick cross-arm attack on the main antagonist, who instantly gibs him.

e: Been a while since I've seen part 1 so I might be getting some details wrong but that's the gist

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Sep 24, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Not at all. The very large vegeta is a pretty funny character too. He does exactly two things:

When he's introduced, he does a reaaaally slooooow leap into the air, then kicks with both feet as he descends slooowly. The protagonist catches his feet and spreads them apart and large vegeta (still midair) crosses his arms to launch his attack as the other characters gasp in awe at how this is the most perfect attack with the most perfect blend of defense and offense. It's unbeatable!

The second thing he does is do the extremely slow leap kick cross-arm attack on the main antagonist, who instantly gibs him.

e: Been a while since I've seen part 1 so I might be getting some details wrong but that's the gist

Do you have a video of this you could post?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
The Larger Vegeta theory.

Vegeeta.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Do you have a video of this you could post?

This is him using the attack on the antagonist, Dio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMPzAGn-9Gw

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is him using the attack on the antagonist, Dio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMPzAGn-9Gw

Thanks!

(you should have just posted the same image again I set up that joke for you and you FAILED me)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Thanks!

(you should have just posted the same image again I set up that joke for you and you FAILED me)

lol gently caress

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Is that not the same video as this one, though? :raise:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Hey sorry to not post any content but I’m looking for a tweet someone made a year or so ago that was a template for how to tell an emotional friend you were “at capacity” of fucks to give like some kind of robot

Anyone able to find that or have an idea what to search for?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Tenkaris posted:

Hey sorry to not post any content but I’m looking for a tweet someone made a year or so ago that was a template for how to tell an emotional friend you were “at capacity” of fucks to give like some kind of robot

Anyone able to find that or have an idea what to search for?

"emotional labor" is the search term you want.

https://twitter.com/fyeahmfabello/status/1196581296564256768

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Thank you.

quote:

“Hey! I’m so glad that you reached out,” her suggested template response read. “I’m actually at capacity/helping someone else who’s in crisis/dealing with some personal stuff right now, and I don’t think I can hold appropriate space for you. Could we connect [later date or time] instead/Do you have someone else you could reach out to?”

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

having (real) friends means you're there for them when they're down in the dumps. even when you are. because everyone pretty much always is and we just stuff it inside until we can't loving take it anymore every once in a while

i hope nobody takes that "template" seriously lol. it's like how to have relationships with people for millenials who only know how to onboard via slack and internal wiki's

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ShoogaSlim posted:

having (real) friends means you're there for them when they're down in the dumps. even when you are. because everyone pretty much always is and we just stuff it inside until we can't loving take it anymore every once in a while

i hope nobody takes that "template" seriously lol. it's like how to have relationships with people for millenials who only know how to onboard via slack and internal wiki's

Jamie Nelson drown in this pool.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ShoogaSlim posted:

You don't sound like someone who's had to deal with multiple people having serious mental health crises

Let me hang up on the person I've been talking down from suicidal ideation for three hours so I can help you now, because I have infinite psychic energy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
*psyching self up in mirror*

YOU are a good person. Smart, handsome, funny, people do like you. Oh hold on, I'm getting a call

*holds banana to ear*

oh hello, how are we doing today?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Bloop posted:

You don't sound like someone who's had to deal with multiple people having serious mental health crises

Let me hang up on the person I've been talking down from suicidal ideation for three hours so I can help you now, because I have infinite psychic energy

What? How often does this actually happen that all of your friends run to you, specifically, for help at the same time? I've had a lot of mentally ill and depressed friends go through poo poo but the theoretical idea that several of them could want to talk to me at once has never been so remotely a concern that I've had to develop an email reply template as a contingency. Patently absurd.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

The Bloop posted:

i get that you can't do two things at once, but would you say "i don't think i can hold appropriate space for you" like you're replying to an email from someone who isn't your boss but you don't want to offend? or would you be normal and say something like "hey, [so-and-so] is also going through some poo poo right now and i've been helping them out. we all suffer so remember you're not alone. let me get back to you when i'm free"

Heath posted:

What? How often does this actually happen that all of your friends run to you, specifically, for help at the same time? I've had a lot of mentally ill and depressed friends go through poo poo but the theoretical idea that several of them could want to talk to me at once has never been so remotely a concern that I've had to develop an email reply template as a contingency. Patently absurd.

this ^

and also lol the loving original tweet thread called people who reach out to you for help as being "unfair" for not first asking about your schedule

ShoogaSlim has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Sep 25, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If watching people fall for the dumbest meathead idiot on the planet being a big dumb idiot isn't a meme, I don't know what is.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

*psyching self up in mirror*

YOU are a good person. Smart, handsome, funny, people do like you. Oh hold on, I'm getting a call

*holds banana to ear*

oh hello, how are we doing today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v371ez7bDLY

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heath posted:

The year is 2020. I've had multiple people freak out at the same time because news triggers it. When Ginsburg died it was a very bad night for people who already feel stressed and overwhelmed

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

ShoogaSlim posted:

having (real) friends means you're there for them when they're down in the dumps. even when you are.

i understand where you're coming from -- friendship means being there when things are rough. and thats valid.

but being a good friend also means knowing when you arent able to provide good support because you yourself are in a bad spot. theres a big difference between "yeah that sucks bro, let me call you after im done playing COD" and "my mom is in the hospital right now and i'm feeling very anxious and fragile" -- this is why therapists get masters degrees to do the work they do: you need to have a lot of training to be emotionally present with people all day and not carry that poo poo home with you, or accidentally counter-transfer.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ShoogaSlim posted:

i get that you can't do two things at once, but would you say "i don't think i can hold appropriate space for you" like you're replying to an email from someone who isn't your boss but you don't want to offend? or would you be normal and say something like "hey, [so-and-so] is also going through some poo poo right now and i've been helping them out. we all suffer so remember you're not alone. let me get back to you when i'm free"

this ^

and also lol the loving original tweet thread called people who reach out to you for help as being "unfair" for not first asking about your schedule

Most of the time if someone is reaching out to you it's because they want someone to listen to them. The magic of the internet allows you to be like "Go ahead and let it out in the chat here" and you can give them room to go off while you're attending to your business while they stay occupied venting. There's something so revolting about the phrase "I'm at capacity" in particular that I haven't been able to fully articulate but if someone said that to me I'd be loving furious. It's so self-important.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ShoogaSlim posted:

Further proof that anybody who spends time online talking about fake friends and real friends isn't a person anyone should want to be friends with regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGhqjLRao8

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heath posted:

Most of the time if someone is reaching out to you it's because they want someone to listen to them. The magic of the internet allows you to be like "Go ahead and let it out in the chat here" and you can give them room to go off while you're attending to your business while they stay occupied venting. There's something so revolting about the phrase "I'm at capacity" in particular that I haven't been able to fully articulate but if someone said that to me I'd be loving furious. It's so self-important.

Ninety percent of the time if someone really genuinely needs to talk they prefer to do so via skype/discord/whatever voice chat because hearing a friendly voice is important, especially in this day and age. You can't just tell them to let it out and then go off to do something else. (Which is also a super lovely thing to do in general, what the gently caress. If someone needs your help then be there to talk to them, don't let them rant to thin air until you feel like taking care of it. If you literally can't then you need to figure something else out because if they figure out what you're doing they're probably going to feel even shittier.)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

What? How often does this actually happen that all of your friends run to you, specifically, for help at the same time?

Once is enough

And it doesn't have to be all of them

Just talking one person that you love off a ledge is destructive enough. Having the two people you love most in the world both have different issues at the same time when you're the primary support system for both... It's harrowing. It ages you. I can't imagine dealing with even one if I was having any of my own major poo poo going on.

Having an idea about what to say that won't be further damaging can be helpful to some people. Be glad you don't need it yourself and kindly gently caress the gently caress off

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Sinistar posted:

I remember a 20 minute timer on Pitfall! I once played to the time limit without getting a game over. Of course, I went right to left so if I died on a hard screen I would respawn at the left side and skip it.

Yeah, it definitely has a timer, I just thought you couldn't actually WIN it. I was never that good at video games

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

If watching people fall for the dumbest meathead idiot on the planet being a big dumb idiot isn't a meme, I don't know what is.

Not enough people read my posts for it to be a meme, bub.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Heath posted:

This is my issue with it, not the idea that a person can have limits on how much of other peoples problems they can handle at once, but that sending anyone you actually care about a preformatted form letter that sounds like it came from a loving corporate helpdesk comes off gross and alien.

Might as well play them some muzak and text them every two minutes "your personal crisis is very important to us, but all of our agents are currently busy dealing with other crises, please hold, someone will be with you shortly".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Complaining how you're at "emotional capacity" is the most Karen rear end bullshit imaginable.