Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Jesus christ was that stressful. But commander get. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Was it "released" or did some disappear from the factory? Do con exclusives usually get released elsewhere like that?

Yeah happens all the time, even some of the Pulse exclusives release early there. The Hellfire Goon is one that comes to mind, showing up there even before being officially announced.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 24, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I also saw on Reddit that someone asked one of the guys who works for them and looks like March is accurate, but Premium buyers will probably get theirs sooner.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Well, that only took half an hour.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got 2 Hellfires, 2 Supremes, a wampa, Louis and Terror Dog, and an Endor set.

I'm happy.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm not a fan of Hasboro doing it's own Kickstarter on it's own Pulse website, but I lost the minis for Hero Quest/Return of the Witch Lord after bringing them to play D&D with at my brother in law's house and having every piece molded in plastic instead of lovely cardboard is pretty cool.

I'm very curious how the rights worked out though, as I thought that Hero Quest was a re-branding/re-imagining of Warharmmer Quest without the 'build the board' parts.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

How did you get 2?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dale-Taco posted:

How did you get 2?

I'm sure you can just make 2 accounts.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm very curious how the rights worked out though, as I thought that Hero Quest was a re-branding/re-imagining of Warharmmer Quest without the 'build the board' parts.

They seem to have done new models for all the minis so they aren't re-used Warhammer pieces.

I know the set I had as a kid didn't have a female elf or orc, for exmple.

EDIT: I don't think any of the art for the cards or map was re-used between the two games, and you can't patent game mechanics, so it should be legally distinct.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 24, 2020

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah got in right at open and nabbed a commander, now to wait for April when it arrives!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally got a Baroness. Wandered down to Target and there were four on the shelf. :unsmith:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Got an email from Amiami this morning that the first of those fancy Final Fantasy 7 figures is ready to ship. Probably wouldn’t have ordered as many of those dudes if I knew how much money I’d end up spending on other poo poo this year, or what kind of other expenses I’d end up trying to juggle right now... but oh well, they’re still cool.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Snagged a Commander, none of the other Commander figures come with the hooded head as optional right? As iconic as it is for me, that was the version I had growing up, I'd understand if they didn't want to step in that pit.

Still going back and forth on the Hellfire Club, it's such a cool looking set but I don't really have any attachment to that version of the characters.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Cobra Commander is still available. Just grabbed one myself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Got an email from Amiami this morning that the first of those fancy Final Fantasy 7 figures is ready to ship. Probably wouldn’t have ordered as many of those dudes if I knew how much money I’d end up spending on other poo poo this year, or what kind of other expenses I’d end up trying to juggle right now... but oh well, they’re still cool.

Which one is it? I've gotten so many delays of the 3 I preordered getting shoved around.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

Which one is it? I've gotten so many delays of the 3 I preordered getting shoved around.

Cloud.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Yeah I think they’re still all coming out in the same order as first announced, the dates just got pushed back. It should be Cloud and then Barrett, which were reissues to begin with, then the other ones later.

This is a prime example of toys I bought because I like the toys, not the characters. I literally never even played Final Fantasy 7, I just watched my little brother play it. I loved the whole aesthetic of the game though, those are some of my favorite character designs ever.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm truly surprised how well Hasbro handled these former SDCC exclusives. Got everything I wanted with minimal fuss. Usually its a nerve wracking poo poo show every year to get their left over SDCC reserve stock.

I see some minor griping about Hellfire set turning into a pre-order, but I could care less. There is no reason these should be limited stock in the first place! I will gladly wait 6 months on pre-order rather than pay e-Bay Baroness like mark-ups. It's money that Hasbro leaves on the table.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have a table kickstarter from Wyrmwood I wasn't expecting to spend ~$1200, and the Monster Arts for Rathalos and Nargacuga, so I just cancelled the FF7 line. I can't justify spending the money on all those when I am currently trying to find space to put them.

If anyone is interested in the Ichiban Kuji Great Ape Vegeta and Spirit Bomb Goku statue from Japan, let me know, I need to find a new home for it. ;) Need to make room.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Didn't think it was worth trying to go for the Cobra Commander at this point but nope, totally got him. Go figure. Glory be.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Heads up: GI Joe wave two is showing up at Walgreens. My wife found Cobra Commander and Gung-Ho.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank you for the tip!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Keltar posted:

Didn't think it was worth trying to go for the Cobra Commander at this point but nope, totally got him. Go figure. Glory be.

All of the exclusives are still available. Hasbro knocked it out of the park this time.

Literally every figure release should be like this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The pages all mention taking preorders for a few more days. I think maybe they're just making to demand?

Obviously some stuff was in hand like the Logan 2-pack, but once that sold out it went into a preorder for October.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping it's a made to order run, meaning if they get 4236 orders for Cobra Commander, they make 4236 of em, maybe some extra for cases like being lost in the mail, etc.

All the limited run stuff should be this easy. No virtual stampede to worry about, just "Oh, that looks neat, I'll get one". Make life easy for once.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm hoping it's a made to order run, meaning if they get 4236 orders for Cobra Commander, they make 4236 of em, maybe some extra for cases like being lost in the mail, etc.

All the limited run stuff should be this easy. No virtual stampede to worry about, just "Oh, that looks neat, I'll get one". Make life easy for once.

1000x this. People having to wait in line for an exclusive convention figure and stuff sucks. You're at a convention to see the sights, and it's now become a pay to shop ticket.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

The pages all mention taking preorders for a few more days. I think maybe they're just making to demand?

Obviously some stuff was in hand like the Logan 2-pack, but once that sold out it went into a preorder for October.

Yeah, some of the preorders won’t ship til next March, but it beats paying eBay scalpers and the whole thing has been handled really well by Hasbro. Hopefully it’s the template for future exclusive stuff.

I didn’t have to worry about any of that though, thanks to Fuzz. :cheers:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

1000x this. People having to wait in line for an exclusive convention figure and stuff sucks. You're at a convention to see the sights, and it's now become a pay to shop ticket.

The Hasbro SDCC stuff has been sold at Fanexpo Canada the last 5 or so years and is very easy to get there which is nice.

But yeah it usually sucks, and I know the Funko stuff sells out by 10:30 (for a con that opens at 10.)

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

The Hasbro SDCC stuff has been sold at Fanexpo Canada the last 5 or so years and is very easy to get there which is nice.

But yeah it usually sucks, and I know the Funko stuff sells out by 10:30 (for a con that opens at 10.)

I've mostly gone to gaming conventions, but even there the limited show only stuff sells out quickly so you need to sit in line from open to several hours in, instead of enjoying the convention. It's maddening and I'm glad I have mostly sworn that crap off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I went on to other toy forums and they’re so pissed.

Mad varuca salt energy. One dude was upset because he paid 50 bucks to get premium, and was floored that he didn’t really need too?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

But there is a difference between premium and not. Premium members who ordered yesterday will get theirs shipped now. Non-premium who ordered today have to wait until next year because theirs is more of a pre-order.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yak Face has been finding “Holiday Trooper” listings in the target system for months now, and I guess this is one of them.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1309304338142109697?s=21

Repainted Range Trooper (now with plastic fur instead of soft goods) and D-0 with a weapon from the exclusive version of the Sith Trooper cast in trans blue. Just the weirdest loving thing and I can’t believe it isn’t some custom.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cocks Cable posted:

But there is a difference between premium and not. Premium members who ordered yesterday will get theirs shipped now. Non-premium who ordered today have to wait until next year because theirs is more of a pre-order.

Right. But this person was just bitter about it all. But yeah you get it now. And if it’s worth it too you, then it’s okay.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yak Face has been finding “Holiday Trooper” listings in the target system for months now, and I guess this is one of them.

Repainted Range Trooper (now with plastic fur instead of soft goods) and D-0 with a weapon from the exclusive version of the Sith Trooper cast in trans blue. Just the weirdest loving thing and I can’t believe it isn’t some custom.

Please be true. I'm unashamed to say I need that.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Almost preordered commander but got to shipping and had a good lol

That cape is majestic but not nearly 70 cad majestic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I ordered a Commander in case somebody here couldn't get one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Almost preordered commander but got to shipping and had a good lol

That cape is majestic but not nearly 70 cad majestic

I have pulse premium and can get it shipped free to you, maybe? Hit me up on the discord for this thread tomorrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pulse is free US domestic only, but it would probably be cheaper for you to buy it and re-ship it to him (and lie about the value. $20 and lower is tax free.)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Please be true. I'm unashamed to say I need that.

This one’s a little better.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1309344693541535744?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You better watch out.
You better not cry.
You better not pout.
I'm telling you why...
Santa troopers are coming to your town.

They're making a list
They're checking it twice
They're gonna find out
Who's naughty or nice.
Santa troopers are coming to your town.

He sees you when he's patrolling
And he knows when you're awake