Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So apparently a spin off series is in the works?
https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-boys-spinoff-fast-track-development-amazon-record-season-2-launch-ratings-1234584256/

Can't say that description really grabbed me, but I guess we'll see.

I'm a curmudgeon and I've always hated movies set in, around, or about colleges or college students. I hope they do more than Animal House with super powers, I guess we'll see. That description doesn't inspire much confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I mentioned it before, but yea, that's his legit stand in for the show.

His name is Anthony as well :haw:

Most notably, he was the stand in for Starr in the last scene of episode 4.

Ha ha that makes the quick visual gag even more hilarious like how he had the perfect hair style of the actual Homelander.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So apparently a spin off series is in the works?
https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-boys-spinoff-fast-track-development-amazon-record-season-2-launch-ratings-1234584256/

Can't say that description really grabbed me, but I guess we'll see.
I wonder if it's going to be a contrast to "liberal safe spaces" and show a college filled with yianoplis and petersen clones running everything.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1309255117028302856

I can't imagine the hell of a place like that.

I mean, I'll be watching it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

guess she ain't indestructible

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

this is some crazy rear end kink

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
episode dropped

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spinoff better be called The Boys & Girls

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
kinda nsfw

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
They put my boy Vas in YESSS

E: added spoiler tags

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 25, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

lmao, penis lasso

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
christ this escalated EXTREMELY quickly

i knew a bit about stormfront because i read the wiki for some reason but still, that was a lot

still bummed that they didn't go with the theory that she was his mom because that's significantly funnier but honestly what they went with was close enough

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

homelander getting that granny poon

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
still not sure what exactly vought gets out of this or at least edgar. seems like he knows everything that's going on but there's no way there's a version of THAT plan that doesn't involve him getting absolutely murdered

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Welp. She's Mrs. Vought

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hey, they gave Frenchie a name

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

BetterLekNextTime posted:

This makes me want something like The Office but for the Compound V production, with the upstairs being the low-level supes with crappy powers and the warehouse being normal people who are much cooler and happier than the supes.

Shockwave visits The Seven HQ-
A-Train: "What is going on? What are you doing?!? Identity theft is not a joke, Shockwave.... millions of supes suffer every year..."
Shockwave: "HOMELANDER!!!"
A-Train: "Oh, that's funny... HOMELANDER!!!"

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm a curmudgeon and I've always hated movies set in, around, or about colleges or college students. I hope they do more than Animal House with super powers, I guess we'll see. That description doesn't inspire much confidence.

Yeah, as I reread the description- I hate this. Maybe it'll be better than it sounds?

I hope so, because it sounds like American Pie 5: Supe Edition

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Butcher using a Hindi word, "dekho" threw me off a little bit. (It means "look")

e- So that's how they got the footage. water proof gopro

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Every time they pull out a fresca I think of the Pepsi scene in spies like us

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Brave Maeve Pride Bar lmao

Sassy Kimiko owns.

Wow acid guy had a really poo poo power. :rip: not being immune to your own acid.

Frenchie :(

I hope that A-Train ends up joining Maeve and The Deep. Because this Church of the Collective storyline is going nowhere.

As powerful as Stormfront is, she's still scared of Homelander. I wonder how the goalposts will be moved this time re: her very obvious reveal that she is a nazi.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Brave Maeve Pride Bar lmao

Sassy Kimiko owns.

Wow acid guy had a really poo poo power. :rip: not being immune to your own acid.

Frenchie :(

I hope that A-Train ends up joining Maeve and The Deep. Because this Church of the Collective storyline is going nowhere.

As powerful as Stormfront is, she's still scared of Homelander. I wonder how the goalposts will be moved this time re: her very obvious reveal that she is a nazi.

"Oh is it guilt by association now? Just because she was friends with Himmler doesn't mean ..."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1309255117028302856

I can't imagine the hell of a place like that.

I mean, I'll be watching it.

Someone just told me that this spinoff show sounds exactly like something that Vought would make for Vought+ and I completely agree.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

*bursts into room panting*

Guys, I still don’t think that proves she’s a Nazi :smug:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Holy poo poo, you won't believe it but Stormfront was and is a Nazi

Who saw that coming. Boy, if only the show hadn't danced around the issue and gave us some clues. I mean, wow, came out of nowhere. No one had any clue at all. Like none. There was no evidence. At all.

They made Lamplighter a thousand more times interesting than his zombie poop smearing comic self. The guy is guilt filled over what he did to the kids and he's going to co operate with the Boys. Nice twist. So Love Sausage is just a patient and not Butchers old buddy, guess he'll avoid his comic book fate. Frenchie finally got some good back story, liked how Kimiko was giving him poo poo and how she was so happy to see Starlight, that was nice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just because Himmler was a guest at your wedding doesn't mean you are a nazi.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Just because there's a swastika in your wedding photo doesn't mean you're a nazi. Furthermore

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
True, she wasn't goose stepping and throwing up the arm to salute Hitler.

Oh why is this show so ambiguous and not tell us.

Maybe we'll never know.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You know, the whole discussion with deep and a-train and the comment about his debt made me think..

Deep should be one rich motherfucker. There are still a ton of old lost treasure ships down in the ocean. He could have a Scrooge style money pit with all that Spanish gold

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Azhais posted:

You know, the whole discussion with deep and a-train and the comment about his debt made me think..

Deep should be one rich motherfucker. There are still a ton of old lost treasure ships down in the ocean. He could have a Scrooge style money pit with all that Spanish gold

I get the impression anything he finds goes straight to Vought. Which likely means he really has given them several treasures worth at this point. In fact it's a bit surprising they wouldn't have him always searching for more.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Good episode.
Nice to see they worked Vas and his big dick energy into the story, even if it's a departure from the comics a wee bit.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Holy poo poo that was an awesome episode. Loved the Love Sausage bit, even if it was incredibly gross and silly. Im surprised MM didn't freak out more honestly, considering how OCD he is about hygiene.

Also I wonder how powerful that supe we saw hitch hiking at the end is. Lamplighter seemed terrified of her, and even though stormfront incapacitated her she didn't seem to have any long term injuries. I wonder what effect her powers would have on someone like stormfront or homelander, since they almost certainly wouldn't just vaporize them.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Stormfront only liked Heinrich Himmler for his dance moves. She's the kind of friend that can look past politics, I hate when my friend drag me for thinking they don't deserve basic human rights :rolleyes:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Beef Stew posted:

Holy poo poo that was an awesome episode. Loved the Love Sausage bit, even if it was incredibly gross and silly. Im surprised MM didn't freak out more honestly, considering how OCD he is about hygiene.

Also I wonder how powerful that supe we saw hitch hiking at the end is. Lamplighter seemed terrified of her, and even though stormfront incapacitated her she didn't seem to have any long term injuries. I wonder what effect her powers would have on someone like stormfront or homelander, since they almost certainly wouldn't just vaporize them.

Maybe there's some detail I just missed, but I don't understand how they were holding her there in the first place if she could just crush the cell doors like tin cans anyway.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beef Stew posted:

Lamplighter also seems like a scrub tier supe. Sure he can manipulate fire, but he still needs a source first. I bet that's the real reason he was fired from The Seven.

FuriousGeorge posted:

Maybe there's some detail I just missed, but I don't understand how they were holding her there in the first place if she could just crush the cell doors like tin cans anyway.

LL said that a doctor messed up her medication dosage. While that was obviously a lie, it's probably not far from the truth and probably how they keep all of them in check.

But like you said, it still doesn't explain how she could instantly crush all the other doors once hers was blown open.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I want a loving fresca

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

FuriousGeorge posted:

When Stormfront shows up again and asks what happened, the excuse Lamplighter gives is that the doctor hosed up her medication. She also seemed kinda doped up when she first leaves her cell.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Holy poo poo. What an episode. So much to unpack. The Nazi reveal was absolutely fantastic, and the reveal was worth waiting six episodes for. A bit disappointed they went the cliche route, but she stands to be one of the more memorable Nazi villains since Red Skull and the guy from Indiana Jones.

One thing that stood out to me. How is Butcher is able to walk into a hospital without being accosted. Hasn't he been America's most wanted ever since the Stillwell incident?

I loved the fact that Jay ends up dying anyway. That was a nice little detail to pile on top of the tragedy sandwich.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Lamplighter also seems like a scrub tier supe. Sure he can manipulate fire, but he still needs a source first. I bet that's the real reason he was fired from The Seven.

LL said that a doctor messed up her medication dosage. While that was obviously a lie, it's probably not far from the truth and probably how they keep all of them in check.

But like you said, it still doesn't explain how she could instantly crush all the other doors once hers was blown open.

The X-Ray thing Amazon has said that the dosages are tricky because apparently Propofol interacts weirdly with V. I think that's why she believed him so quickly.

And that spin-off show sounds like the G-Men thing from the comics, and maybe that's how they bring them in.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Hulk Krogan posted:

When Stormfront shows up again and asks what happened, the excuse Lamplighter gives is that the doctor hosed up her medication. She also seemed kinda doped up when she first leaves her cell.

You'd think Vought could afford to have some more failsafe lockdown methods in place rather than simply trusting drugs to keep them sedated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
man with the american flag costume literally embraces nazi ideology.

subtle lmao.