Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i say swears online posted:

Permian: costs $90,000 and you have to sell it and re-buy it every five years

This is just the current F650

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I want the King Ranch version with extra cheese

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
In New Texas they call that the Royale Rancheros with cheese.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zoux posted:

My neighbor stuck a King Ranch badge on his beat up base model Focus and it amuses me greatly.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/king-ranch-casserole/

TM has been re-posting this once a month for years and i may have to make it one day

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I worked at a restaurant in college that served a King Ranch Casserole and I heard of that long before I heard of the king ranch so to me, that F150 is named after a food

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1309499624785354758

Watch as Greg Abbott melts and agrees with the AG against his own order

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao i totally forgot about ken paxton having to have a positon on this

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

huh. I got and mailed my ballot yesterday

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wolfs posted:

huh. I got and mailed my ballot yesterday

How did you qualify, are you old as hell

https://twitter.com/jblackmanChron/status/1309501492655804418

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 25, 2020

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I worry that a lot of the measures to initially expand the vote will be suddenly repealed in a way where everybody who took advantage will suddenly have their votes invalidated without them knowing.

And that's assuming votes are actually being processed in an objective way as opposed to selectively invalidating all votes for non-republicans.

Spacebump posted:

Imagine the slap fight the Texas fragments would have regarding who keeps the name Texas.

Sorry, it turns out in the mix Maine got the name Texas, and now the Texas fragments will have to fight over the names Maine, Vacationland USA, and the Pine Tree State.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

zoux posted:

How did you qualify, are you old as hell

no I put checked disabled on a form or something back in April and this is now the second time I’ve voted by mail this year

Texas defines disability broadly; it wasn’t this article but I read something like that somewhere

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08/21/vote-by-mail-texas/

Texas Tribune posted:

Take note that the Texas election code’s definition for disability is broader than other federal definitions. A voter is eligible to vote by mail based on disability if they have a “sickness or physical condition” that prevents a voter from appearing in person without personal assistance or the “likelihood of injuring the voter’s health.” While lack of immunity to the new coronavirus alone doesn’t qualify a voter for a mail-in ballot based on disability, a voter can consider it along with their medical history to decide if they meet that definition.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

wolfs posted:

no I put checked disabled on a form or something back in April and this is now the second time Ive voted by mail this year

Texas defines disability broadly; it wasnt this article but I read something like that somewhere

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08/21/vote-by-mail-texas/

I was going to vote absentee, but I have no faith that they will count my vote so I am going to early vote at the most inconvenient time for everyone else and hope very few people are there.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Well, that's one hell of an own-goal.

Texas GOP ad accuses MJ Hegar of being a radical "Hard Left" liberal who shows a lack of judgement because she has tattoos - which she had done to cover the scars on her arm from being shot down by the Taliban.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Texas GOP ad accuses MJ Hegar of being a radical "Hard Left" liberal who shows a lack of judgement because she has tattoos - which she had done to cover the scars on her arm from being shot down by the Taliban.

:lol: Goddamn

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

No, that's the new Trump approach: "We prefer people who didn't get shot down."

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Always Respect A Troop, Except When You Shouldn't

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Shoulda spent some of that CG money on a decent sound tech, good lord.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/taygoldenstein/status/1309626907978334208

It won’t stick but I'm gonna enjoy it for a day

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1309629086176890881

This is also the trend in California since Labor Day.

zoux fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 26, 2020

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This is like if you ran an ad calling your opponent a barbarian due to their large, unruly penis, compared to your own trim and discreet hog (as endorsed by the ancient Greeks, father of Western civilization).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Burton_Spectrum/status/1309644947373596684

We did it everyone, we can't use the rain

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

any aquifer infiltration is good infiltration imo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I applied for absentee voting back in April (my wife is immunocompromised) and never got any confirmiation that it went through. My assumption is that they're trying to voter suppress us, and threw away the application.

But my question is: am I good to vote in person if somehow my absentee app was approved and I didn't hear about it?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

smoobles posted:

I applied for absentee voting back in April (my wife is immunocompromised) and never got any confirmiation that it went through. My assumption is that they're trying to voter suppress us, and threw away the application.

But my question is: am I good to vote in person if somehow my absentee app was approved and I didn't hear about it?

I've voted absentee one time (years ago), it was rejected, and they sent me a letter in the mail saying so.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Had some brisket today.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Had some brisket today.

Good man.

Anyone know if Snow's is open during the Pandemic?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Had some brisket today.

Vat grown?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Good man.

Anyone know if Snow's is open during the Pandemic?

Closed. They do online orders they ship. They are remodeling currently

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zoux posted:

Vat grown?

VAT+tip grew the price for pound from 26 to 33. How about making brisket tax free during any pandemic??? That would be the good Truth.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Teaxas-A, Texas-1, Guntopia, Tejas, FreeMerica.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i say swears online posted:

lmao i totally forgot about ken paxton having to have a positon on this

speaking of ken paxton, why the gently caress is he still ag?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gonna lol forever if abbott's loving up of the virus response led to the courts throwing out their attempts at eliminating straight ticket voting

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Had some brisket today.

that reminds me, i need to swing by goode co tomorrow

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

smoobles posted:

At worst they'll have you cast a provisional ballot because you won't have an absentee ballot to return to them that day. This means your vote won't be part of the electronic tally that's reported that night. Once they verify that your absentee ballot hasn't been received they will count it and you'll get a letter in the mail whether it was counted or rejected with the reason for rejection.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1309603593167818754

lol these motherfuckers. Just like the ACA they only pretend to want stuff to happen because they're playing to the simple rubes in their constituency, but when it comes down to it, they don't actually want it

Also I don't have any data to back this up but abortion voters have got to be easily either the top one or two single-issue voter blocs and overturning RvW would gut GOP voting turnout. Like Mitch says, voters don't turn out to say thanks

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 26, 2020

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1309876139968659457

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1309603593167818754

lol these motherfuckers. Just like the ACA they only pretend to want stuff to happen because they're playing to the simple rubes in their constituency, but when it comes down to it, they don't actually want it

SCOTUS has helped the gop so much the past few decades. they didnt have to vote on the record on a bunch of wedge issues so can hold whatever position is convenient that year.

i remember years ago an article in the economist or somewhere making the case for overturning roe so congress can actually just go ahead and legalize abortion and put this all to bed, but of course theres the risk that congress wouldnt be able to and that it would jsut end up back in courts anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My bet for if Roe gets overturned you'd see a reproductive rights guarantee amended onto the Constitution within 10 years

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't really understand why pro-lifers are so gung-ho about what they do, but I feel like probably all the issues that have had an immediate and direct effect on their lives will probably have a greater effect on the way they vote. It's not like abortion rights are that strong these days anyways.

Ever since the Supreme Court rejected the Voting Rights act, I noticed that they've otherwise refused to defend democracy in any meaningful way for a long while. Corporations are people and Redmap was given the green light. "Constitutionalism" is just another farce for reinforcing their personal politics. It's not like the 2nd amendment actually meant unrestricted gun ownership before the NRA conjured that interpretation to make some extra money in murder sales.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't really understand why pro-lifers are so gung-ho about what they do, but I feel like probably all the issues that have had an immediate and direct effect on their lives will probably have a greater effect on the way they vote.

That's how it is for every single social conservative issue, and that's the scam: the financial wing of the party wants to continue to pass unpopular and regressive economic legislation for which there is no constituency and to do so they leverage people motivated by non-tangible things: religion, grievance, *phobias, etc. There are a significant number of voters in this country who don't think climate change is an important issue because they believe Christ will return before it becomes a problem. So how do you make an economic argument for people who are more worried about what happens to them after they die than what happens now? People who believe the world is supposed to be fallen and evil, that suffering is a natural condition of life - deep down many of them don't believe things should be better, that if the government eased their corporeal pain it would make them less righteous.

As far as specifically pro-lifers, most of them believe that abortion is murdering babies, and this is reinforced constantly by their churches, social circles, political leaders and a vast media empire that churns out endless Saw films except Jigsaw is an abortionist and your pastor screens them for the entire congregation. Women who have abortions are imagined to be minority welfare queens who are simultaneously having children for more government checks while having multiple abortions per year.

You can post the chart about how, aha, actually if you analyze it this is about controlling women more than it is about murdering babies, but most hard core pro-lifers legit believe it's murdering babies, enhanced by prejudice against what kinds of people they think have abortions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Any pro-lifer that doesn't vociferously support comprehensive access to contraceptives is immediately showing their rear end that being pro-life is about control over people's women's sexuality.