Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I know there aren't a whole lot of Wally West or even The Flash fans around these parts, but anyone who does like Wally should probably pick up Speed Metal.
It's definitely a very rad story for the Flashes, and the cynic in me can't wait for it to be invalidated after some Tom King or another goes back on their bullshit and has Barry neglect Wally again despite declaring that he definitely forrealsies won't ever ever neglect Wally again, this time no take backs, and no one at DC has the prudence to veto these stories because DC has negative editorial leadership right now.

..............I mean uh. Hope! Yeah! :buddy: No bad things will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Shazam was really delightful this week. Everyone should read it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It feels good to have the flash family back.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I know there aren't a whole lot of Wally West or even The Flash fans around these parts, but anyone who does like Wally should probably pick up Speed Metal.

Came here to talk about this. I have mostly stopped reading DC. I've been dabbling in Action Comics and paid attention to the big events/DCeased. A lot of it's just been bad thing after bad thing and this issue was hopeful. Wally is my Flash and I love the Flash family. This was great.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

If I were interested in the Grant Morrison Batman run, will the Omnibusses generally have everything I'd want in that continuity? I noticed there's some missing consecutive numbers, are they necessary?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Beamed posted:

If I were interested in the Grant Morrison Batman run, will the Omnibusses generally have everything I'd want in that continuity? I noticed there's some missing consecutive numbers, are they necessary?

They are either crossovers, fill ins, or when he came back for special occasions

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Came here to talk about this. I have mostly stopped reading DC. I've been dabbling in Action Comics and paid attention to the big events/DCeased. A lot of it's just been bad thing after bad thing and this issue was hopeful. Wally is my Flash and I love the Flash family. This was great.

I think it says a lot about Wally that, whenever there isn't someone in charge flagrantly and actively sabotaging him, we get stories like this and DCUniverse Rebirth. Goes to show that Didio really was Wally's problem for fifteen loving years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So apparently in Three Jokers 2: Barbara and Jason hook up. Ugh.

Link to an image:

https://twitter.com/TWOF4CE/status/1309312856391909378

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 25, 2020

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Link to an image:

Was Geoff Johns ultimately the guy who signed off on Bruce and Barbara hooking up in the Killing Joke cartoon?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Was Geoff Johns ultimately the guy who signed off on Bruce and Barbara hooking up in the Killing Joke cartoon?

No that was already included in Batman beyond

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Link to an image:

yawn, given the vague rumors that had been going around about it having a "controversial Jason/Babs scene," that's like the first thing I would have guessed

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Link to an image:

Macking on Dick Grayson's exes is kinda his thing though...

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Link to an image:

eh I know people don't like Jason but this kinda makes sense considering what they've both gone through? not that I trust Johns to be the one to pull it off

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Look at Geoff, finding a new way to blow her back out

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

That's the most mediocre thing to get mad about. It's not even really out of character. We've had hints and scenes about it in other comics.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Didn't she get super mad about him murdering a joker in issue 1?

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

^burtle posted:

You magnificent bastard.

I’m hearing people saying Joker War is actually good? It’s not, right?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

nemesis_hub posted:

You magnificent bastard.

I’m hearing people saying Joker War is actually good? It’s not, right?

It's okay. It's had some high points, but imo it gets dragged down by feeling like a retread of Endgame.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Pretty much either they kill the Joker in #100 or the whole thing will be 100 percent forgotten in 6 months. I am liking it way more than I expected, mainly because Punchline isn't too bad, but having a storyline pushed this hard having no impact whatsoever just makes people increasingly disillusioned.

Bruce Wayne technically losing his fortune means nothing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

^burtle posted:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cassa posted:

Didn't she get super mad about him murdering a joker in issue 1?

Yes but then Jason points out that she could've easily stopped him and implies that she didn't because she subconsciously wanted him dead too. (she whiffed on a batarang throw intended to stop Jason/save Joker)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm saving judgement for three jokers issue 2 until release. 1 was good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Pretty much either they kill the Joker in #100 or the whole thing will be 100 percent forgotten in 6 months.

You know the answer could very well be both, though I figure they'll have the Joker's death be entirely contrived to keep Batman's hands clean.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

If Harley actually gets to go through with killing him, I'd say the story is a success.

Until they do the inevitable JOKER IN HELL storyline afterwards. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd actually enjoy seeing the Joker ascend levels in hell until he becomes a rhymer, then decides he already has a gimmick and fucks off back to the mortal plane.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vandar posted:

If Harley actually gets to go through with killing him, I'd say the story is a success.

Until they do the inevitable JOKER IN HELL storyline afterwards. :v:
There was a story in Generations about Joker tormenting Batman from hell or something. It was pretty :black101:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

End this with the joker still alive but as a severed head in a jar to tie into that post apocalyptic Batman thing they did.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Joker gas Jarro and have him use telepathy to spread Jokerization to the entire Batfamily. The Batgirl Who Laughs. The Red Hood Who Laughs. The Ace The Bat Hound Who Laughs.

Just cash in on the dumbest poo poo possible that Batman fans love to eat up. Everyone and everything is the Joker.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

End this with the joker still alive but as a severed head in a jar to tie into that post apocalyptic Batman thing they did.

unironically my favorite Joker of the past few years (not a high bar)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ugh. gently caress you Bendis. Can someone just undo the ageing up of Jon and his temporary punting to the Legion.

Tom King's making a Rorschach book and boy does that seem like a dumb idea.

Three Jokers #2 is okay. Nothing thrilling and it seems that in this canon, Jason doesn't get picked up by the League of Assassins.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'll admit to completely, forcibly noping out of this WW arc when the villain turned out to be Max Lord's teenage daughter who goes by the moniker "Liar Liar."

Multiverse's End felt kinda weird and pointless until about halfway in and then it turned hilariously awesome. In fact, you pretty much really only need to read the latter half of the book. I don't think I've ever :allears:ed at Owlman before

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 30, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Ugh. gently caress you Bendis. Can someone just undo the ageing up of Jon and his temporary punting to the Legion.

So how is Legion anyway? I've never cared much for LOSH as a property in general but I know Bendis has written good team books in the past.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm enjoying it though it's definitely falling into the Bendis problem where no one has a distinct voice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Multiverse's End felt kinda weird and pointless until about halfway in and then it turned hilariously awesome. In fact, you pretty much really only need to read the latter half of the book. I don't think I've ever :allears:ed at Owlman before

The first half the book is basically recap and set-up for the back half. Also good to see Captain Carrot again.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

TwoPair posted:

So how is Legion anyway? I've never cared much for LOSH as a property in general but I know Bendis has written good team books in the past.

Dreadful.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm enjoying it though it's definitely falling into the Bendis problem where no one has a distinct voice.

This is exactly why. Bendis is really good at solo stuff, and weak at team books. Jon has a little bit of a personality but there are so many other characters nobody matters or feels unique. Reminds me of the bulk of his New Avengers run where everyone is just Spider-Man.

I love the Legion so I am sticking with it, but if you are not already a fan I wouldn't bother. Just read Young Justice or go dig out his New Avengers run and read that.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Well, I have to say, Three Jokers had a damned good-looking Batmobile.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So three Jokers entire point is just making Jack Napier canon. Cool.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vince MechMahon posted:

So three Jokers entire point is just making Jack Napier canon. Cool.
Ooh I missed that. Where was it?

Did anyone ever figure out if Napier was a play on jack·a·napes?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Ooh I missed that. Where was it?

Did anyone ever figure out if Napier was a play on jack·a·napes?

Almost certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

In good news Cass Cain has Batgirl ears and cape again! Stephanie Brown also sporting a bat symbol.

No idea if Cass is still gonna be called "Orphan" :sweatdrop: but hey baby steps got us this far.