Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Blasmeister posted:

So what do they do with Kepa now, lock him in a cupboard somewhere, try to pawn him off to Inter Milan?

They have to get him off the pitch first

Mendy is a massive signing. I expect the Chelsea defense to look like an actual top 4 defense this season and less like David Luiz was managing the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Covid-19 has tested positive for Zlatan.

Lineker's tweet was funnier.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Shrapnig posted:

Lineker's tweet was funnier.

Probably why he gets paid a billion pounds to present MOTD and I don't :smith:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Mendy is a massive signing. I expect the Chelsea defense to look like an actual top 4 defense this season and less like David Luiz was managing the team.

Kepa should never surrender his spot imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm glad Liverpool got to play Chelsea before they replaced Kepa

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Also Rudiger didn't make the Chelsea squad against Liverpool or Burnley, so he's likely on the move. Rumors are that Roma, Napoli, Barcelona and PSG are interested.

I would rather keep him and loan out Tomori but I guess Rudiger is on big wages and only has 2 years left on his deal.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

sourdough posted:

Kepa should never surrender his spot imo

he just suits up and heads to the goal before mendy can, what are you gonna do? call security on him?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It's like in Dota when the two Russians fight over who gets mid.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eau de MacGowan posted:

loving christ, suarez and costa on the same team, theres going to be some serious comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2RKmVqnNdw&t=10s

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is obviously Mirror trash but I like the implication that Woodward is giving Dortmund a heads up that next week he'll be making a one-time non-negotiable offer for a young superstar at 60% of his market value. I bet they jump at that offer.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1309223574822162434

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wrong account

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone else excited for United to splurge way too much cash on Sancho, bring him to Old Trafford, and then iNeXpLiCaBlY he becomes poo poo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm excited for dortmund to respond with "lol"

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just look for a different player ffs lol. Man Utd are not in such a horrendous position right now where their one and only option is to spend a huge amount of money on a young player that no one else is in for.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gorn Myson posted:

Just look for a different player ffs lol. Man Utd are not in such a horrendous position right now where their one and only option is to spend a huge amount of money on a young player that no one else is in for.

right? i dont understand this obsession with him lol. united are not that bad either

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

is he a massive signing because he's actually good or becuase kepas just that poo poo. i'll admit i have no real fuckin clue anything about mendy but a 28 year old with only two seasons of top flight football in uh, ligue 1 doesn't exactly scream like buffon level to me or something but then again i truly have no idea what i'm talking about tbh so if you tell me he's sick as hell i'll just believe you tbh

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is obviously Mirror trash but I like the implication that Woodward is giving Dortmund a heads up that next week he'll be making a one-time non-negotiable offer for a young superstar at 60% of his market value. I bet they jump at that offer.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1309223574822162434

i wonder what he was offering originally if this is his final offer

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wasn't it £80 spread over 5 years with very little up front.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Wasn't it £80 spread over 5 years with very little up front.

I'm going to assume no typos were made here and say "yes"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
A packet of quavers upfront and 80p paid in installments over 5 years.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bundy posted:

I'm going to assume no typos were made here and say "yes"

One Freddo per week for four years.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

One Freddo per week for four years.

With the rate of inflation on Freddo bars that might still be a better bid than whatever our opening one was (the opening bid was All The Money but they had to take Andreas as well)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A bag of footballs and offer to make Dortmund a bunch of jerseys imo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1309503398891450368

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leo's taken his little train conductor's hat off and come down from his scale model of the Spanish rail network in the attic to kick off about the Suarez deal:

quote:

“You deserved a farewell befitting who you are: one of the most important players in the history of the club, achieving great things for the team and on an individual level,” Messi wrote on his Instagram account on Friday.

“You did not deserve for them to throw you out like they did. But the truth is that at this stage nothing surprises me any more.”

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

No "here we go", gonna remain skeptical until I see it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

the sex ghost posted:

Leo's taken his little train conductor's hat off and come down from his scale model of the Spanish rail network in the attic to kick off about the Suarez deal:

lmfao i love this

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Blasmeister posted:

So what do they do with Kepa now, lock him in a cupboard somewhere, try to pawn him off to Inter Milan Miami?

Seems more his level.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Sampdoria put together a great video to announce Candreva

https://twitter.com/sampdoria_en/status/1309532336736919553

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

vyelkin posted:

A bag of footballs and offer to make Dortmund a bunch of jerseys imo

Halfsies on an official condom sponsership.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

curried lamb of God posted:

That’s really good.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

curried lamb of God posted:

GD, start a mod challenge where everytime Candreva assists a Quag goal the Serie A thread boys donate $5 to a charity

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I had to look it up, Quagliarella is still playing?? It's very Serie A to have a 37 year old striker banging it in on the regular

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Benfica has put up a pair of statements saying that

1) Ruben Dias to City for 68m euros plus 3.6m euros add-ons is now only subject to the final contract signing between Dias and City and

2) Otamendi going the other way for 15m euros is subject to a medical and contract signing.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Vegetable posted:

I had to look it up, Quagliarella is still playing?? It's very Serie A to have a 37 year old striker banging it in on the regular

inzaghi scoring the winner for milan in his last game at age 39 or something was pretty good too

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

pik_d posted:

Benfica has put up a pair of statements saying that

1) Ruben Dias to City for 68m euros plus 3.6m euros add-ons is now only subject to the final contract signing between Dias and City and

2) Otamendi going the other way for 15m euros is subject to a medical and contract signing.

Lol we're gonna riot

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Apparently Leeds signed Diego Llorente last week and I completely missed it??

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1309115368351371265

He's supposed to be actually good isn't he. I don't like this new 'Leeds signing competent players you've actually heard of' thing it's messing with my head

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Actually a centre half too.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Vegetable posted:

didnt di natale score like 22 goals at 40 or something

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tbp posted:

didnt di natale score like 22 goals at 40 or something

At 35 Luca Toni scored 25 goals and was capocannoniere. Di Natale was capocannoniere in his 30s at some point, but I think Toni holds that old man record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently Pereira has joined Lazio on a one year loan with an option to buy for 27m€, with his salary split between Lazio and United. Not yet ready for bolding, but hope he does well.

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/1310878236310724610

One down, still several to go. And then replacements for some of those players because I don't think Special Dividend Payment to the Glazer Family will play that many games next season :ohdear: