Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Guilty posted:

No Plague Star this year, plague pieces will be given some other way and forma, walp.

So you're telling me Spectrosiphon on Ember is a bad idea, when I just said it was a bad idea? I'm confused here. I wanted to try something out, it didn't work.

yes putting an ability on a frame that had an ability that did the same thing and did more damage doing it was a bad idea, with your mood i'm glad you worked it out i guess

please tell me you at least swapped the 1 and not the 3 or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Berke Negri posted:

yes putting an ability on a frame that had an ability that did the same thing and did more damage doing it was a bad idea, with your mood i'm glad you worked it out i guess

please tell me you at least swapped the 1 and not the 3 or something

Ah yes the legendary CC and grouping capabilities of Ember's 4.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

did you swap out the 4 lmao

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Berke Negri posted:

did you swap out the 4 lmao

Yeah that must be why I thought my 4 was doing so little damage in the original post, is because I swapped it out for spectrosiphon. Wow you are grasping at straws

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
EDIT : I take that back, keep sniping at each other, I'm bored and need entertainment.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

anyways swap out the 1 for helminth empower thats the good ember prime choice

you lock in the 50% str bonus when you cast the 2

edit: also CC and grouping is largely meaningless on a frame that sets everyone on fire (causing CC and killing them in a group)

spectorage is good for creating energy orbs but embers 4 aug already does that and well yeah, the overextended malus on str is too harsh on ember to really use which you kind of need for spectorage to actually cover a decent area

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 25, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ivara makes scanning cats really easy since she's got both stealth and sleep. It's still annoyingly RNG though, I recently had to harvest some cum to build Khora and got 4 units on my first run and then took 14 to get the remaining 5. Use the Simaris scanner if you've got the upgrades for it.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Baro on PC has the Primed Banes, and I'm wondering which are worth picking up. I've seen the Profit-Taker speedrunners using Primed Bane of Corpus, and that community amuses me so I'll probably grab it, but are any of the others worth taking?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unless you have a specific need/desire like your Profit-Taker example, nah.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The Bane mods are mathematically very strong, you just have to remember to switch for every mission and nobody wants to deal with that.

(Especially since Acolyte mods are now so easily accessible -- before they were both expensive, obscure options for how you could use your 8th mod slot, now Primed Bane of X mods are expensive and obscure and Acolyte mods go for pennies.)

e: an exhaustive overview of this question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZ4e1gTtIA&t=29s

e2: however this video is slightly outdated (he's still making assumptions based on the old armor and status systems); this can work for or against bane mods depending on what you're going for, but in any case there's way less need to increase elemental damage in order to drown own physical procs these days, and less call for stacking armor stripping

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 25, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I guess they could add some buff boss that's worth the grind to Deimos in the near future. That'd give infested or corrupted a use case.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kestral posted:

Baro on PC has the Primed Banes, and I'm wondering which are worth picking up. I've seen the Profit-Taker speedrunners using Primed Bane of Corpus, and that community amuses me so I'll probably grab it, but are any of the others worth taking?

I min/max my guns to hell and back and I absolutely cannot be bothered to pick up the racist mods. They're great as curse stats on rivens, though!

If I were to pick one, I would pick Bane of Corpus, since those shields can become absolutely brutal at higher levels; they also happen to be the thing that hardens significantly in comparison to armor these days.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The only bane mod I'm using at the moment is Corpus in my Anti-Corpus Fulmin in my Corpus loadout.

Man, Corpus barely looked like a word in the first place, repeating it so many times didn't help.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Evidently necromechs dont have access to the hacking mini game which just autocompletes giving you a chance for infinite XP? I haven't confirmed this, but there's a video on reddit of some dude just sitting at a console gaining XP. If you have the patience for it, or I guess one could strap down a rubber band/paperweight for easy mech levelling

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Do not do that, that'll be super super easy for them to track and they have a history of applying bans for people obviously exploiting things that are obvious bugs.

E: Also wait, you get Affinity for hacking? Do you still get it if you use a cipher?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ElegantFugue posted:

Do not do that, that'll be super super easy for them to track and they have a history of applying bans for people obviously exploiting things that are obvious bugs.

E: Also wait, you get Affinity for hacking? Do you still get it if you use a cipher?

You get 50 affinity. 50 entire affinity.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Free spammable affinity is still free spammable affinity, some people will take any means necessary to avoid engaging with the intended mechanics. Sit there hammering the button for thirty minutes and it's almost as good as actually playing through a ten-minute mission!

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

if anyone glossed over baro's new offering because it said latron, it's not actually for the latron! it's a universal pistol skin in the style of a sawn-off, elixis latron. pretty neat actually and worth grabbing imo

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So Interception missions are basically impossible to do solo right, cause if so that is some extremely lovely mission design

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

So Interception missions are basically impossible to do solo right, cause if so that is some extremely lovely mission design

You do cap points much quicker when there's only one person, which makes it a little easier than it would be otherwise. As long as you get a lead early you only need to hold 2 to win. They can be a lot more manageable with Nova or Khora, though you won't have those frames if you're new.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

drrockso20 posted:

Play a long-duration CC frame like vauban or slowva, and you'll be able to bullet jump around the map between points to protect them all before enemies capture them.
Though there's pretty much no reason to do solo interception except the occasional riven challenge. Or starchart completion if you can't find anyone else queueing for the same node...

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

drrockso20 posted:

Wrong. Specters or CC (or both if youre feeling fancy). They're still kinda awkward, but theres plenty of tools to trivialize them even in Steel Path.

If you dont have any of those options and just need a quick node-clear try asking in clan chat.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 26, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
specters seem to be one of the easiest things to overlook as a new player, ngl

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Random thought, anyone else think it's a little odd that the Moon hasn't been added into the game in any form(at least to my admittedly minimal knowledge) as a playable environment?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

flatluigi posted:

specters seem to be one of the easiest things to overlook as a new player, ngl

I don't even know what the optimal kind of play for them is. Just load up a tanky frame, give them a gat, and that's it, or...?

drrockso20 posted:

Random thought, anyone else think it's a little odd that the Moon hasn't been added into the game in any form(at least to my admittedly minimal knowledge) as a playable environment?

SPOILERS

It's already in, just locked behind the Second Dream quest, which you get by completing the star chart.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

drrockso20 posted:

How many of the story quests have you done

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

How many of the story quests have you done

If I'm looking at the Codex correctly only Awakening, Vor's Prize, and Once Awake, and am currently doing Saya's Vigil(though I haven't done much on that one yet), as for star chart completion I've got Earth filled out except for the Mars Junction* and the mission that requires an Archwing, and on Venus I've done like 3 missions

*weird thing is it's showing as if I can do that one even though I haven't done the Mercury mission that's one of it's prerequisites

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Keep doing all the story quests, as well as going through the star chart. You'll find out why the moon isn't there (and good on you for noticing, I sure didn't until I found out)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

drrockso20 posted:

*weird thing is it's showing as if I can do that one even though I haven't done the Mercury mission that's one of it's prerequisites

You can pop into the junction and get yelled at by a space ghost, but you won't be able to actually start the fight until you have all the prereqs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

drrockso20 posted:

lol

i truly do love this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the moon is actually coming as dlc in 2021

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
extremely excited for the ineviteble horse armor dlc for the moon horses

just the finest tennogen, naturally

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

And the custom, fully simulated mechanisms for moon horse nut suspension, torsion bar or induction coil?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the moon is actually coming as dlc in 2021

With premium moon skins available for platinum, so you can customize your moon

Looking forward to Graxx Moon

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
I had the same thought about the moon when I started. "why isn't the moon in the sky over Cetus?"

I was annoyed by the lack of a character creator too.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
They promised us the moon back in... 2016? 17? And we got 3 open worlds before that. :de:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You want the Moon On A Stick you do. #AncientUKcomedymeme

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I think the Orokin may have blew up the moon, sorry op.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

drrockso20 posted:

Not at all, you just have to be moving constantly. CCing enemies (with a Nova, for example) can also help a lot.

Victory Position posted:

I think the Orokin may have blew up the moon, sorry op.

My primate ancestors attempted to fell the moon by hurling stones at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we had to take in the moon to get it refurbished because some lunatic with a giant laser started writing his name on the surface of it but got interrupted partway through