Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
If you go to Little Caesars you gotta get that deep deep dish pizza. Domino's is the blandest thing of the big 3 delivery chains. It's my last choice of pretty much any major chain period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

The gently caress just call them eggballs

Aubespheres

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
whirlpool made a stove based on their washer and dryer designs? love reaching over hot food to adjust cooking settings

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 26, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

whirlpool made a stove based on their washer and dryer designs? love reaching over hot food to adjust cooking settings

Like 95+% of every stove I've seen in my life is designed that way, dude

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Got to get a gas stove my friend

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Star Me Kitten posted:

this pizza wins
I'm pretty sure this is just a seder plate

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

you dont tally your stove every single time you see it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Maybe YOU don't :colbert:

I was mostly just stunned that design surprised you, it's exceptionally common.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i saw the whirlpool logo and anticipated a washer or dryer while looking at the above octopizza. i question your stunness
checking 95% out i looked at https://www.homedepot.com/b/Appliances-Ranges/N-5yc1vZc3o9 and 1 out of the 10 example front-facing pics of ranges chosen has the controls behind the burners and that pic is for the category that specifies that type of stove

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's an electric

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when i was a kid i used to shake pepper onto the stove tops electric heating element but i cant remember where the knobs were

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's still a terrible design, and a specifically American one, all the electrical stoves I've ever seen have had the controls on the front or to the side.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I'd gladly take that control configuration over my induction range's fiddly touch controls located way too close to hot pans splattering oil over then (the grease also makes them even less responsive).

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the kind with the knobs on the front are for rich people. every apartment you will find in the us under $2k/month will have the backboard knob design.

Beef is right on this one it's absolutely by far the most common home range design here. I can literally only think of one home kitchen I've been in that had front knobs and I helped them move the god damned thing in to their place after they got it on scratch and dent

I assume this has to do with gas, which is literally not an option for the majority of people in the US. I have lived in 9 different houses/apartments since I left my parents' place and never had gas.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yall need to move closer to civilization

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
A lot of people prefer to not have the knobs on the front so a little kid or a dog on its hind legs looking for food or whatever doesn’t turn the stove on by mistake.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also lmao at "reaching over the hot food to turn the knob" I guess if you are 4'6" this might be an actual concern but I don't think it's something that has ever been an issue in human history

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just get an aga goons

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

A lot of people prefer to not have the knobs on the front so a little kid or a dog on its hind legs looking for food or whatever doesn’t turn the stove on by mistake.
did you miss where i described the enjoyment kids can have playing with the stove? why deny kids that

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Oh god not again, like a world war one soldier I’m about to go over the top into no mans land just for another meal. I scream wildly as I reach over my impossibly hot sauce pan, skin searing off of my arms to the bone. I turn the knob, dinner is served but at what cost.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

also lmao at "reaching over the hot food to turn the knob" I guess if you are 4'6" this might be an actual concern but I don't think it's something that has ever been an issue in human history

it'd be a problem if you were using a really strong burner on max with a wok but most home stovetops don't get that high

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Sounds like a parenting/dog training issue. OP should get better at those things. :smug:

(just kidding, for these reasons alone it's a superior design. The complaints are pretty spurious because the only reason to use the back burners is if the front ones are already occupied. And as an American I don't need my enormous dunlop belly to accidentally change the heat and burn the house down :patriot:)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
*boiling 4 huge pots of soup at once, can't reach knobs from the floor where I'm drunk*

this is despicable. these knobs need to be on the front

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

*boiling 4 huge pots of soup at once, can't reach knobs from the floor where I'm drunk*

this is despicable. these knobs need to be on the front
you should see youre just arguing against yourself once you take your argument to its natural conclusion of a ridiculous critique of the time-honored 4 burner standard

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Somebody please think of us, the people who do their cooking in flowing robes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

gary oldmans diary posted:

you should see youre just arguing against yourself once you take your argument to its natural conclusion of a ridiculous critique of the time-honored 4 burner standard

i dont see what the number of burners has to do with my very real concerns about cooking from the floor

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Brewing beer on my stove I wouldn’t mind if it was 3 burners with one really big one. It gets 6 gallons to a rolling boil but it could be faster.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

i dont see what the number of burners has to do with my very real concerns about cooking from the floor
you need to invest in at least a basic model kitchen ceiling harness

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes, enjoy your despicable back knobs like a bunch of animals, swinging your ungainly arms wildly to reach them without grace, without reason, without purpose.

Meanwhile I'm going to change the temperature on my burner with a mere elegant, understated flick of the wrist, like a well oiled machine built to satisfy the demands of both efficiency and good taste without embarrassing myself with unnecessary displays of primitive spirit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i suppose it would be theoretically possible to manipulate back dials with your penis, but it certainly wouldn't be easy.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, enjoy your despicable back knobs like a bunch of animals, swinging your ungainly arms wildly to reach them without grace, without reason, without purpose.

Meanwhile I'm going to change the temperature on my burner with a mere elegant, understated flick of the wrist, like a well oiled machine built to satisfy the demands of both efficiency and good taste without embarrassing myself with unnecessary displays of primitive spirit.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 26, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
range knobs on the front: for smart people
https://i.imgur.com/RdwmGmi.mp4

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the words "pizza business park" enthralled me while exploring brazil

at least the put a little crust dam between the halves on this one

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TheAardvark posted:

the words "pizza business park" enthralled me while exploring brazil

at least the put a little crust dam between the halves on this one

Life would suck if you ended up with the slice that had the crust dam.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
really digging the lattice work here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what is the drinking age in brazil

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
anyone old enough to eat that pizza is old enough to drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the problem of loose corn has been solved, also check out this crust!

also I assume this person is holding the last will and testament that required them to order this pizza