Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bring back HomEx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

OK, now what about the other 379?

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
the uyghur gish gallop, doo doo doo

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

sincx posted:

worth a follow:
https://twitter.com/rzhongnotes/status/1309681521238986752

she's also the one who did this
https://twitter.com/rzhongnotes/status/1296143794652549123

it shouldn't be this rare to find someone who's objectively critical of the PRC when appropriate, but otherwise doesn't have anglo white male (or spouse-of-anglo white male) ulterior motives

quote:

Rui Zhong is the Program Associate for the Kissinger Institute on China and the United States at the Wilson Center.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bring back HomEx

i pray daily on the toilet for his return. the salvation of his posting is required

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, and the nazi wasn't executed because of what he did in algeria, he was executed because he was a nazi and the algeria business was simply an example of why he needed to die

could we still dig up de gaulles corpse and guillotine it or would that be too much work?

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

uninterrupted posted:

helpful reminder that whataboutism is a made up logical fallacy, and if it was real the greeks would have discovered it alongside democracy olive oil non sequitur and anal sex

also that complaining about whataboutism is, by definition, itself whataboutism

Helpful reminder that “whataboutism” was designed by the american establishment to shutdown leftist/communist critiques of american racism/imperialism during the Cold War.

No wonder liberals love that word

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Malkina_ posted:

Helpful reminder that “whataboutism” was designed by the american establishment to shutdown leftist/communist critiques of american racism/imperialism during the Cold War.

No wonder liberals love that word

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Blah blah US is great Satan blah blah so is China. Can we stop continuously derailing over this.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Not So Fast posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Blah blah US is great Satan blah blah so is China. Can we stop continuously derailing over this.

Because it hits too close to home? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_you_are_lynching_Negroes

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

KaptainKrunk posted:

They should probably both be executed, but the French weren't because they won. Just ends were still found, but justice has not been done because there's an ulterior motive at play (revenge) or double standard (it's ok when we do it because we're good) mixing with the motive to seek justice.

That's what I'm getting at, and I think that's the only thing that makes sense. Doing this "whataboutism isnt real" or whatever thing doesn't really make a lot of sense unless you're against both the French and the Nazis. Which you should be, cuz thats the cool right side to take.

People really are just talking past each other, but comedyblissoption is right. But at the same time, what he said is the "right way" to handle it, that's what most people do, I think US policy makers make up a small fraction of the SA userbase. But "China can do no wrong" dorks keep yelling "whataboutism isn't real" anyway, so gently caress it.

If it's just supposed to be shitposting then its gotta be more subtle, then it'd be funny.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Not So Fast posted:

OK, now what about the other 379?

they’re also made up happy to help

for real every muslim country investigates and signs a letter saying chinas treatment of the uyghur people is above board, lunatic right wing fundamentalists yolo out crazy numbers saying more people were killed than jews in the holocaust, maps get put up saying there are 38477373 camps that immediately get debunked, and someone’s always willing believe the west’s latest Nayirah.

Listen To Uyghurs (In North Virginia)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
That video clearly isn't showing the same building complex, and the ditu satellite imagery doesn't match the attached screenshots (you can't zoom in nearly as closely). Seems like a pretty lazy coverup.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Nathan Ruser has posted a rebuttal to the claims as well.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1309852344792743939?s=19

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

uninterrupted posted:

for real every muslim country investigates and signs a letter saying chinas treatment of the uyghur people is above board, lunatic right wing fundamentalists yolo out crazy numbers saying more people were killed than jews in the holocaust, maps get put up saying there are 38477373 camps that immediately get debunked, and someone’s always willing believe the west’s latest Nayirah.

Listen To Uyghurs (In North Virginia)

Those Muslim countries are also busy signing peace treaties with Israel and abandoning Palestine to get genocided so maybe they're not the best arbiters of fairness to other Muslims

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So obviously the only arbiters of fairness for Muslims are those with no relations with Israel i.e. Qatar, Iran, Syria and Pakistan.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Or maybe just let the Muslim communities in question speak for themselves rather than assigning them foreign arbiters

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The War Criminal Institute at the Racist Center

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Mar 23, 2021

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Not So Fast posted:

Nathan Ruser has posted a rebuttal to the claims as well.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1309852344792743939?s=19

I think the guy screwed up, but isn't way off. Kargilik Facility #5 is directly west to the high school in the video. High school appears to be here:37.85103, 77.43714

They claim #5 is a detention facility because of external walls. But I dont see any walls. There's mature foliage throughout the complex. Cars parked everywhere. I have no idea how they can come to the conclusion that it's a detention center. It would be nice if they actually posted their "open sourced data"

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
nevermind I see the walls. But the highschool also has those walls. In fact, the entire county has similiar wall structures! Yikes. The whole county is a detention center.

The best part is that they say the have factories within that complex.... I don't think I have ever been to a manufacturing/factory complex that didn't have walls lol. Like, have these guys ever been to a job site in their life?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Anyone else following India news? Modi kind of did a madeover recently and he now looks like a cult guru master.

This was what he looks like 6 months ago when he announced the quarantine
https://youtu.be/g-qCIArAVEA

This was him yesterday whining about India not getting a seat in the Security Council
https://youtu.be/Oh102n5lPiA

Him is another 6 month away from Pai Mei

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

New glasses + longer beard + shorter hair looks like.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Mad respect for that quarantine beard, not gonna lie.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

yogi in the front, business in the back

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1309264993381015553

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Mantis42 posted:

Bring back Typo and make this into the pro-PRC tankie thread that the insane GBS thread thinks it is.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the objective of GBS is to bring the local elites in D&D on board like how roman citizenship was given to the elites (to be differentiated from their former countrymen turned into slaves and free men) in the conquered areas in order to suit the roman interests. this also mirrors how U.S. imperialism works with a universalized ideology (the American ideology is the universal ideology and the universal ideology is the American ideology) and material advantage on international organizations, NGOs, corporate media, tech companies could easily infiltrate and sabotage the political process in the targeted countries and/for forums such as CSPAM by for instance sponsoring the NGOs to protest against the particular political figure, attacking mods who are "soft on China," producing a certain narrative to mislead the local population and/or posters, offering the support to the opposition party when the ruling party is against the U.S. interest, and so on.

this is why CSPAM should be on guard such as china should be on guard against ideological mind-viruses which infiltrate over the internet / "world wide web." again, it is not "the water itself that gets the drinker killed." it is the excessive amount of water the drinker swallows killing him. so the debate should focus on how much GBS bathwater we should drink, rather than whether water should be abolished or not for which in reality even if the water is abolished by some maniacs we still have to drink coca-cola instead to survive which is not as healthy.

thank you.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

sincx posted:

Wow

说曹操,曹操到

You gonna do this poo poo every time I post dude?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Bring back Typo and make this into the pro-PRC tankie thread that the insane GBS thread thinks it is.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Nathan... Loser

GOTTEM

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nathan... Loser

GOTTEM

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

uninterrupted posted:

you’re right China isn’t doing anything bad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Prince Myshkin posted:

You gonna do this poo poo every time I post dude?

lol way to out yourself

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
free homex

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/StateDept/status/1309938304268279811

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

Anyone else following India news? Modi kind of did a madeover recently and he now looks like a cult guru master.

This was what he looks like 6 months ago when he announced the quarantine
https://youtu.be/g-qCIArAVEA

This was him yesterday whining about India not getting a seat in the Security Council
https://youtu.be/Oh102n5lPiA

Him is another 6 month away from Pai Mei

yeah modi's 100% cultivating a cult of personality.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol way to out yourself

I could ask you the same question, weirdo.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol ratio'd, it is written like he's in on the joke, it's too on the nose

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the objective of GBS is to bring the local elites in D&D on board like how roman citizenship was given to the elites (to be differentiated from their former countrymen turned into slaves and free men) in the conquered areas in order to suit the roman interests. this also mirrors how U.S. imperialism works with a universalized ideology (the American ideology is the universal ideology and the universal ideology is the American ideology) and material advantage on international organizations, NGOs, corporate media, tech companies could easily infiltrate and sabotage the political process in the targeted countries and/for forums such as CSPAM by for instance sponsoring the NGOs to protest against the particular political figure, attacking mods who are "soft on China," producing a certain narrative to mislead the local population and/or posters, offering the support to the opposition party when the ruling party is against the U.S. interest, and so on.

this is why CSPAM should be on guard such as china should be on guard against ideological mind-viruses which infiltrate over the internet / "world wide web." again, it is not "the water itself that gets the drinker killed." it is the excessive amount of water the drinker swallows killing him. so the debate should focus on how much GBS bathwater we should drink, rather than whether water should be abolished or not for which in reality even if the water is abolished by some maniacs we still have to drink coca-cola instead to survive which is not as healthy.

thank you.

My friends, I have spent countless hours performing several rigorous studies, and I have confirmed that this is absolutely a combination of words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

posting from 2 months ago but big lmaos