Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

thrilla in vanilla posted:

[*]found another shrine and had easily my most embarrassing death yet
[*] https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1309952532819529728?s=20

:rip:
Helping save this from languishing at the end of the page. Also my vote is of course to ignore the game's hints about fish bro and go get yourself a camera asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Those are both great games

As well as it did, yes, but it still would have sold well regardless.

Oh I know they are and I know that typically Nintendo games own the top of the charts on their systems but 20 spots before you get to a 3rd party was not what I was expecting.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Captain Hygiene posted:

:rip:
Helping save this from languishing at the end of the page. Also my vote is of course to ignore the game's hints about fish bro and go get yourself a camera asap.

Thanks man. Yeah that’s my inclination too and not just because I remember dying about twenty times trying to make it to zoratown

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm playing BotW for the first time and I was told to go meet Sidon. I've done anything but for at least a week. So I vote camera rune.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol who owns a switch, is buying AoC and doesnt have a botw save on it.

I imagine this is almost entirely a subset of "people who own a Wii U."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol who owns a switch, is buying AoC and doesnt have a botw save on it.

Haha I just realized this applies to me since I played BOTW on the Wii U and didn't get a switch till later

Is there some bonus that unlocks if you have a BOTW save?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bonus image for real ones

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Regy Rusty posted:

Haha I just realized this applies to me since I played BOTW on the Wii U and didn't get a switch till later

Is there some bonus that unlocks if you have a BOTW save?

You get a training sword for Link.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

I imagine this is almost entirely a subset of "people who own a Wii U."

Good point, my friend has a Wii U and Switch but bought BOTW for Wii U before she got her Switch

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

So, paid DLC plans, at least cosmetics maybe?. Some BOTW2 themed content they won't launch until after that game releases could be possible. 7 characters is way to small for a musou.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I already had Breath of the Wild preordered on Amazon or something but when I went to a local game store (a small local business) to buy my Switch they had a deal on Botw with a pro controller and I convinced them to let me get the same discount on the collector’s edition so it’s me, I’m the guy who bought multiple copies.

I ended up giving it to my brother-in-law for Christmas that year since my sister bought him a Switch.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

God damnit I really want to see the story and characters but musou games are literally the most boring poo poo on earth for me :(

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

God damnit I really want to see the story and characters but musou games are literally the most boring poo poo on earth for me :(

I’m sure all the cutscenes will be on YouTube shortly after release :shrug: I’m mainly in it for the story too, but just watching the scenes on YouTube would feel empty to me lol plus I’ve never played a musou game so I wanna give it a shot

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

pentyne posted:

So, paid DLC plans, at least cosmetics maybe?. Some BOTW2 themed content they won't launch until after that game releases could be possible. 7 characters is way to small for a musou.
BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk has 8, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage has 8 (with 2 DLC), and Persona 5 Scramble has 10. Even Hyrule Warriors Wii U only launched with 13 characters.

That said, it's nearly unheard of for a Warriors game to not let you play as at least some of the antagonists (even if not in the main story mode) out of the box, and we haven't heard anything on that front yet, either.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just went and redownloaded Cadence of Hyrule after hearing about the DLC quest, and I'm a little disappointed to see how much paid DLC there is. I don't mind it for the full quest, but there's music and character packs too, which feels a bit more money-grubby. And yet, I'll probably just buy the season pass, because it's not that much more than the new quest... :sigh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i agree botw2 should be free

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's kinda lame that Impa looks almost exactly like Paya, but her fighting style owns and I really want to play her.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's kinda lame that Impa looks almost exactly like Paya, but her fighting style owns and I really want to play her.

I mean, she is her grandmother and Paya is called out in BotW explicitly as looking like Impa did when she was young.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Question about OoT. I’m replaying it after some 20 years and I’ve forgotten everything. I can’t seem to figure out how to get the chest in the top floor of the fire temple. It’s the chest in the other tower than which contains the hammer.

Not trying to spoil myself, just trying to figure out if I can even reach it with my current set of skills or if I should come back later.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Smol posted:

Question about OoT. I’m replaying it after some 20 years and I’ve forgotten everything. I can’t seem to figure out how to get the chest in the top floor of the fire temple. It’s the chest in the other tower than which contains the hammer.

Not trying to spoil myself, just trying to figure out if I can even reach it with my current set of skills or if I should come back later.

You can get everything in the Fire Temple the first time you go in, there's nothing you should need to come back for.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Smol posted:

You need the scarecrow song. Go back in time as a kid to lake hylia and find the scarecrow. Play him a song that’s easy to remember. Then travel forward in time and go there as an adult. Play the same song again and you’ll unlock the ability to summon a scarecrow at select points in the world. You can then hookshot up to that chest in the fire temple.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

You need the scarecrow song. Go back in time as a kid to lake hylia and find the scarecrow. Play him a song that’s easy to remember. Then travel forward in time and go there as an adult. Play the same song again and you’ll unlock the ability to summon a scarecrow at select points in the world. You can then hookshot up to that chest in the fire temple.

there is a path right there that you can run up, you don't *need* that

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yes you do, there's a scarecrow right next to an elevator that you need to hookshot to in order to get up to where the chest is in the first place.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Zore posted:

I mean, she is her grandmother and Paya is called out in BotW explicitly as looking like Impa did when she was young.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what people were expecting here.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's maybe a bit strange that she's wearing a regular Sheikah outfit and not a variant of the ninja-style one you can buy in Breath of the Wild (and that you see some male Sheikah wear in a memory). Looks nice, though.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it figures that one of the last things i do in this game is get screwed over by a rich rear end in a top hat

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Loving the Adventures of Link and Barf

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thank you, I will attempt to put another episode together tomorrow night.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Adventures of Link and Barf

I will forever be unsatisfied if this isn't the BotW2 subtitle

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Yes you do, there's a scarecrow right next to an elevator that you need to hookshot to in order to get up to where the chest is in the first place.

I've beaten this game 100,000,000 times and I've never once used the scarecrow in the fire temple

e: I even beat the fire temple itself again like a week or two ago because I am a sick person who just plays zelda over and over again

e2: nvm I misread the original post :)

romanowski fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 28, 2020

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Kassad posted:

It's maybe a bit strange that she's wearing a regular Sheikah outfit and not a variant of the ninja-style one you can buy in Breath of the Wild (and that you see some male Sheikah wear in a memory). Looks nice, though.

One of those “male Sheikah” in the memory is actually Purah fyi. The other is Robbie.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdsrZ1otlA

Genshin Impact, also known as BotW but you don't have to mod it to play as a girl, is now out on PC, PS4, and mobile. if you've got a massive thirst for botw 2 i super recommend checking it out. and hey, it's free* so nothing to lose!

*yes it's in fact a f2p gacha game with all that entails. however according to some testimonials i've heard the real pay/grind wall doesn't hit for a looooong time, and my experience some hours in matches that. i've just had fun exploring the world and doing quests and dungeons. it does absolutely nail that feeling of going out to do something and spotting three other things to do along the way.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool weeb bait

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Just lol if you aren't a weeb in 2020

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Is that a millennial term, I have no loving clue

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Genshin Impact has some nasty kernel level anti cheat and possible phoning home to the Chinese govt. On windows you can launch the game with a bat script so it closes the anti cheat after you close the game. If you're interested consider playing it on a console.

I'm gonna play it for sure on PC and probably do a fresh install of Windows when I'm done with it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I played the game for two hours and it was pretty boring imo

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i mean, it's not exactly botw, but it's pretty close! i for sure had a good few hours of just hunting down random treasure chests in the wilds and doing some "korok puzzles"

also the story isn't awful at all

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I heard BotW2 will stealthily phone home to send Shigeru Miyamoto an alert every time you do something stupid and die in-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

RickRogers posted:

Is that a millennial term, I have no loving clue

Woah, a paywall word filter post in 2020.