Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was going to suggest perhaps we could improve mental health by distributing boxes you can scream idiot jingoism into but that's basically what facebook already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

sugar mouse posted:

Every single year, the same myth goes round that the Royal British Legion can't sell poppies in X place because it'll offend people /muslims.

Every year the RBL has to put out a statement saying that this isn't true.

Someone helpfully reminded my local town of this.

Literacy is not strong in my town.

Haven't you heard, Cadbury won't mention Easter on their chocolate eggs they sell during Easter either!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1309856276374003713

An idiot in social media.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My brain is broken by Ben garrison cartoons I can only think about Hillary Clinton when I see references to lost shoes

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

I hate this more than the other one so thanks for that

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
what's up with the "pedotube" thing trending and is it Q bullshit?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ambitious Spider posted:

My brain is broken by Ben garrison cartoons I can only think about Hillary Clinton when I see references to lost shoes

I am not as fluent in either nerd or Garrison to get the "I lost my shoe" reference.

What does it mean?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/StateDept/status/1309938304268279811

:ironicat:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is perfect.

The bloke straight up admits he doesn't know what he is talking about, just spouting nice, official sounding "my guy good, your guy bad." platitudes.

Although, I do wonder if he would double down aggressively if confronted on it. As opposed to what is happening here where his friends just ask politely.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is perfect.

The bloke straight up admits he doesn't know what he is talking about, just spouting nice, official sounding "my guy good, your guy bad." platitudes.

Although, I do wonder if he would double down aggressively if confronted on it. As opposed to what is happening here where his friends just ask politely.

Probably be "something something abortions" or "something something we can say merry Christmas again."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Muggle is officially a slur

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kyle plantemoji is a Twitter comedian.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
So why isn't he funny

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

what's up with the "pedotube" thing trending and is it Q bullshit?

Youtube apparently removed a video from someone named Mamamax that was exposing pedophiles.

I haven't seen the video or heard any actual details about it, so I've no idea if it was a justified removal or not, but it got Twitter all riled up so... :shrug:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
slacktivist anti-pedo activism seems to be a symptom of brain poisoning among dipshits with low media literacy online, so there could be a crop of a couple hundred thousand of them pissed about some conspiracy grifter getting slapped by youtube

we're in the middle of another satanic panic style bout of cultural anxiety, and some of the most credulous people out there sincerely believe that hillary clinton eats childrens brains for youth or some poo poo, so i guess it might make sense on a saturday night for some real dumb taxpayers to get all sauced up on box wine and turn to the happy pandemic pastime of being a garbage nonsense hellfucker weaving across all lanes of the information superhighway

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Vandar posted:

Youtube apparently removed a video from someone named Mamamax that was exposing pedophiles.

I haven't seen the video or heard any actual details about it, so I've no idea if it was a justified removal or not, but it got Twitter all riled up so... :shrug:

I follow a youtuber on twitter that's been talking about this and the best I can figure out is this:

There is a website that's a forum for kids or something? Idk

This Max person made a youtube video exposing an alleged pedo ring on this website. The video was called "I Found Pedophiles on a Kid's Website. This is What I Did to Them."

The video included him sending tips to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies (or maybe that wasn't in the actual video, but he apparently did). The video also apparently included identifying and doxxing the site runners (not sure on this point but I think he revealed names and occupations for someone)

His video got removed for violating youtube's "harassment, threats, and cyberbullying policy".

Samuel L. ACKSYN has a new favorite as of 07:28 on Sep 27, 2020

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Captain Monkey posted:

bony tony posted:

So why isn't he funny

Captain Monkey posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I am not as fluent in either nerd or Garrison to get the "I lost my shoe" reference.

What does it mean?

One time she stumbled her shoe fell off. BenG thought this was clear cut evidence that she is unsuited to be president, so he spent the next four years drawing her one-shoed, with the other shoe lying someplace else on the page (while drawing lawfully elected president Donald John Trump as a lion-maned Adonis). He's probably still doing it.

I have no idea about the nerd reference.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have no idea about the nerd reference.

Disney Cinderella reference? Sorry, I only speak passable nerd so that's my best guess.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

sugar mouse posted:

Disney Cinderella reference? Sorry, I only speak passable nerd so that's my best guess.

I just googled "I lost my shoe", and it looks like some Supernatural thing. I have no idea, never seen the show, but hey

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

I’m not a Tolkien expert, but I thought that wearing the invisibility ring was really dangerous and this was a major theme and plot point of LotR...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

luxury handset posted:

we're in the middle of another satanic panic style bout of cultural anxiety, and some of the most credulous people out there sincerely believe that hillary clinton eats childrens brains for youth or some poo poo, so i guess it might make sense on a saturday night for some real dumb taxpayers to get all sauced up on box wine and turn to the happy pandemic pastime of being a garbage nonsense hellfucker weaving across all lanes of the information superhighway

Just want to say this is my favorite sentence I've seen on these forums like all year

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

What does it mean?

Supernatural is a guilty pleasure of mine so I can sadly tell you that it’s a reference to Supernatural

https://youtu.be/xc4qau8j664

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scratch Monkey posted:

Supernatural is a guilty pleasure of mine so I can sadly tell you that it’s a reference to Supernatural

https://youtu.be/xc4qau8j664

That was kind of clever talbot was the last name of the wolfman. Though I wish they would have used a character Lugosi played

Probably would have been into it if I wasn’t 15 seasons behind or whatever

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Ambitious Spider posted:

That was kind of clever talbot was the last name of the wolfman. Though I wish they would have used a character Lugosi played

Probably would have been into it if I wasn’t 15 seasons behind or whatever

Don't worry about catching up, just go by Dune rules: watch until you don't like it anymore, then stop. Seasons 2-4 are the peak of the series. Lots of good stuff in there.

The way I understand it is the creator originally only had five seasons of show in him, but the actors had contracts for six, so they did another season....and then the show just kept shambling on. At some con they joked about how the network was a cruel god who would not let the brothers die.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/ErrolWebber/status/1310200127785705476

Ah yes, the meltdowns over some rando getting a nonsense phrase trending.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

When was the last time "the Left" melted down over anything that wasn't a major civil or human rights catastrophe?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Dynastocles posted:

When was the last time "the Left" melted down over anything that wasn't a major civil or human rights catastrophe?

I’m going to melt down over this Supreme Court nomination by doing nothing and feeling bad

Oh and this post :argh:

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I’m going to melt down over this Supreme Court nomination by doing nothing and feeling bad

Oh and this post :argh:

You're unhinged!! LOl! *drinks tearss* *laughing crying emoji*

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Remember that time the left melted down because starbucks was doing a coffee cup and it was red but not otherwise explicitly about jesus?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I sincerely want to make the war on christmas a real thing

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

wizzardstaff posted:

The way I understand it is the creator originally only had five seasons of show in him, but the actors had contracts for six, so they did another season....and then the show just kept shambling on. At some con they joked about how the network was a cruel god who would not let the brothers die.

The brothers have gotten to the point where they are basically unstoppable special forces level killing machines. They recently explained that by having them lose their ”luck” and become “normal people“ for a little while. It was sort of an acknowledgment that these two have managed to avoid dying for so long only because they have some sort of magical edge to them that they were unaware of.

You’re right in that around season four or five it got a bit silly but it’s still a fun show. Hell I’ve watch so much of it that I kind of have to finish at this point

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Danaru posted:

I sincerely want to make the war on christmas a real thing

Christmas is fine, but I don't want to hear a note of Christmas music before American Thanksgiving.

Halloween can spread out as long as it wants though. :spooky: :spooky:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The last season of it I saw had God and his start take family advice from the Winchesters of all people

And then the British showed up

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Disclaimer: I don't know what this is about but it sounds dumb. The last few times people tried to start new political parties here it went horribly wrong on both sides of the political spectrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What do you mean "both sides of the political spectrum"? The only new parties have been centerist or on the right.

Also Lawrence Fox is a hilarious loving pissbaby.