Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Euj9f3gdyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I like the shirt they make with Goku and Vegeta kissing but I wish they made one where it wasn't just a little tiny print on the chest

they have the best merch out of any podcast and the only podcast merch i've ever bought was from ballin' out super and it is this shirt and i am wearing it rn

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wooster.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I was going to say worst ep since Wardell, but then I remembered the frayed husk of Matt Taibbi.

Yeah the Matt Taibbi one was real bad.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Halloween Jack posted:

I was going to say worst ep since Wardell, but then I remembered the frayed husk of Matt Taibbi.

I did not care for the subject matter but at least they didn't embarrass themselves.

that's my high standard for chapo

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
I greatly enjoyed this Chapo. It's not like talking about good tweeters is particularly outside of their wheelhouse. Part of what kickstarted the show's popularity was just rallying weird twitter against The Foosball Dipshit

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

ArfJason posted:

haha funy joke! lol! its totally normal to listen to le epic podcast with people dropping 4chan The_Donald slurs :D :D hell in the episode i just listened to they jsut called each other "Mah [n word soft a]"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you should try doing this bit in the mcelroy thread instead arf

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cached Money posted:

The what thread

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cached Money posted:

just kramering into that wholesome place and wreaking havoc by accusing them of saying the n word. utter chaos. amazing.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Cached Money posted:

lol

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

just kramering into that wholesome place and wreaking havoc by accusing them of saying the n word. utter chaos. amazing.

My guess is that it wouldn’t work, being that it’s SA and people probably have some idea that the person is trolling. Trying it in a FB group on the other hand.....

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Cached Money posted:

lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dr.Radical posted:

My guess is that it wouldn’t work, being that it’s SA and people probably have some idea that the person is trolling. Trying it in a FB group on the other hand.....

They’d probably think it’s sincere at first and try to explain that they aren’t like that anymore, because they used to be Probelmatic

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

They’d probably think it’s sincere at first and try to explain that they aren’t like that anymore, because they used to be Probelmatic

Did they actually? I thought the whole point of the various mcelroys is they were pastel-colour podcasts with all the rough edges sanded off

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Dr.Radical posted:

The FB group banned me for referencing the Glass Shark routine from MBMBaM on the grounds that the bit is racist because one of the brothers affects a cajun accent at one point. Adventure Zone really broke them because now all their fans are people who hate most of their output because it was problematic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adventure Zone is their D&D podcast where all the players are white men but the fans arbitrarily decided that some of the characters they play are women and PoC because they thought it would be problematic to listen to an all-white male podcast, right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Adventure Zone is their D&D podcast where all the players are white men but the fans arbitrarily decided that some of the characters they play are women and PoC because they thought it would be problematic to listen to an all-white male podcast, right?

Yeah it was pretty funny.

IIRC, at one point they released the preliminary work toward a comic and the races of the characters didn't conform to the fan-decided races and they got accused of erasure.

Also the fans decided the character named "Taco" is Latino

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Crane Fist posted:

Did they actually? I thought the whole point of the various mcelroys is they were pastel-colour podcasts with all the rough edges sanded off

before they found their niche 100 episodes in mbmbam was basically just uhh yeah dude and they apologise for it constantly lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah it was pretty funny.

IIRC, at one point they released the preliminary work toward a comic and the races of the characters didn't conform to the fan-decided races and they got accused of erasure.

Also the fans decided the character named "Taco" is Latino

Taako is latinx and gay. He sounds like snagglepuss and tbh it’s a use of a stereotype but totally harmless. There’s many, many posts raging over this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

well why not posted:

Taako is latinx and gay. He sounds like snagglepuss and tbh it’s a use of a stereotype but totally harmless. There’s many, many posts raging over this.

Are you still supposed to say latinx when you're talking about a single person with a known gender? Can't just just say Latino?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also what the hell is Latinx in a world without the Americas, Spain or even the Roman Empire

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gripweed posted:

Are you still supposed to say latinx when you're talking about a single person with a known gender? Can't just just say Latino?

Why not "Latin"? Serious question. :corsair:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Also is it pronounced "Latin X" or "Lah tinks"? I hope it's the latter.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gripweed posted:

I also like to think it rhymes with "hijinx".

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gripweed posted:

I've always heard people say the 1st one

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Nobody really knows. It exists merely in the realms of the internet

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s pronounced “latinex” and the only people I’ve ever heard say it outloud are white people using it and Latino people asking them what it means

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Taako was an Elf from Magic World who was named after a food item spelled funny as a goof. It's like saying my Pixie Barbarian Brought-Worst is German.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 27, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

prefect posted:

This makes a lot more sense than Latinx but the ship has sailed.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there seems to be a good amount of pushback on latinx tbh, it might not survive

THS
Sep 15, 2017

everyone is “Guys” imho

THS
Sep 15, 2017

folx

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
Anyone saying 'latinx' or advocating for its use is 100% a loving dork, cop, or op.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Clibanarius posted:

Anyone saying 'latinx' or advocating for its use is 100% a loving dork, cop, or op.

Settle down, Beavix.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Folx and the appropriation of "y'all" are the worst

Guaranteed that 10 years ago the same non-southern white people who now use "y'all" to scold people in Instagram posts had the utmost contempt for anyone with even a slight drawl

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha what they still do now

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

prefect posted:

The purpose is to de-gender Latino / Latina isn’t it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That business rituals guy emailed Virgil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1VK-pAhFg

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lmao

i guess you really do email virgil about things

e: nice whippits voice

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm not watching that, but why is Virgil the May Queen? Does Amber get burned in the bear suit?