Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Got to the end of the inhuman mission where you have to break the dudes out of their cells. At the end of the third wave everything went slo mo as usual, but then...it didn’t go back to normal speed. The clock was still ticking regularly, but after trying to get the last cell twice I said eff it and reloaded the checkpoint. Beautiful game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Finally got an exotic. Had to redo the mega hive after a run, but i reloaded a backup save that was on Floor 6 of 8 so not too bad. Also notice the 3rd perk that has no description. Sounds like a lifesteal perk.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I'm just envious of the fact that the stat popup on your screen doesn't lay over your character stats at the top of the screen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So in the hub if you emote then hold light attack you'll do your signature. With Kamala and Iron Man you can use this to get out of bounds.

https://twitter.com/WargleRathat/status/1309773373690580992?s=20

Not really useful for anything but you can check out the giant ants in the Anthill.

EDIT: And yeah I think I'm done with this game until Kate Bishop is released. The awful awful grind for good gear killed my enthusiasm.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 26, 2020

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Retrowave Joe posted:

Got to the end of the inhuman mission where you have to break the dudes out of their cells. At the end of the third wave everything went slo mo as usual, but then...it didn’t go back to normal speed. The clock was still ticking regularly, but after trying to get the last cell twice I said eff it and reloaded the checkpoint. Beautiful game.

I haven’t had this happen during a timer like that, but I have had it happen to me twice now where the game does a cinematic slowdown and doesn’t go back to normal.

It sucks, if you power through it and finish the objective you have it goes back to normal but I think If it happens again I’m gonna reload checkpoint right away and it’ll probably be better idea. I hope they fix that as soon as possible.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh I never realized the ant hill is an actual ant hill.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
How exactly does the scaling work? I am not high level and I think the match difficulty will scale to the lowest level(??), but what about items? Is it still worth it for high level players to play with a low level person? Is there no worthwhile xp or items to gain?
The poo poo matchmaking is so frustrating. Had multiple times when I tried to play earlier today that the countdown would go to 0, then starts over again from 5, and nothing would ever happen :negative:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

PlushCow posted:

How exactly does the scaling work? I am not high level and I think the match difficulty will scale to the lowest level(??), but what about items? Is it still worth it for high level players to play with a low level person? Is there no worthwhile xp or items to gain?
The poo poo matchmaking is so frustrating. Had multiple times when I tried to play earlier today that the countdown would go to 0, then starts over again from 5, and nothing would ever happen :negative:
When I've played with friends at lower level, enemies scale to them and I obliterate them. Items drop at the hero's level so gear is fine, but I can't speak for XP since everyone is 50 now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
People who AFK when matchmaking are the devil.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Speaking of, what happens when connection with a teammate drops?

I was playing a manhattan mission, with Black Widow and two bots.

All fine for first half of mission then Widow just stopped moving :shrug:

Gave it 3 minutes, but nothing happened and I just quit.

But I have no idea if they were suddenly AFK, or if the connection had dropped and it was trying to restablish it, or what was going on.

Do you get a message, or other indication?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Deptfordx posted:

Speaking of, what happens when connection with a teammate drops?

I was playing a manhattan mission, with Black Widow and two bots.

All fine for first half of mission then Widow just stopped moving :shrug:

Gave it 3 minutes, but nothing happened and I just quit.

But I have no idea if they were suddenly AFK, or if the connection had dropped and it was trying to restablish it, or what was going on.

Do you get a message, or other indication?

Usually just replaces them with an AI if they drop or get disconnected. Dude must have just walked off

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Seedge posted:

When I've played with friends at lower level, enemies scale to them and I obliterate them. Items drop at the hero's level so gear is fine, but I can't speak for XP since everyone is 50 now.

This is true, and the only reason I was able to beat some of the later HARM missions. My brother ends up unlocking vaults and then I run them with him and obliterate everything. We both get decent gear. XP seemed to be unchanged as we'd both gain 2-3 levels a run doing this before I maxed out my mains.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think you get the normal amount of XP that you would otherwise get, from my experience.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Do we have a date on Kate yet? Cause I've also stopped playing already because of the Anthem level end game stuff, but would like to play her missions.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Vince MechMahon posted:

Do we have a date on Kate yet? Cause I've also stopped playing already because of the Anthem level end game stuff, but would like to play her missions.

"Late October" is all I could find

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm of course excited for a new character, but that's secondary to "more to do" and "more variety" in levels.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

: same:

Game is fun, but... Where's all the stuff to do? I'm already tired of rerunning the same thing.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

gently caress we took a break last week and haven’t gone back yet. It may be the last time we play it honestly.

Even worse my 4 year old is already bored with it also.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Uhhh I got tired of mashing the same generators and holding the same spots. I moved on to Vigor for now, which shooting issues aside, is kinda neat

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Mostly same. I still turn the game on at like midnight when I’m drunk and want to mindlessly smash but any idea of building up more characters is not one the table any longer

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Until I know how they're handling the saves for ps4 to ps5 version I'm just gonna take a break. It's not like there's much to do anyways and hopefully by the time they sport it out there will be a property endgame.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I'd probably play more if leveling characters to 50/pl120 was significantly faster, feels like any loot you get before then is basically junk anyway. One thing Anthem did right was tie levels to your account not per character, would make jumping in and trying different characters a lot more compelling for me, but considering it took me 20+ hours to get one character up I don't have much interest running the same repetitive content again and again to get others up.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

hamsystem posted:

Until I know how they're handling the saves for ps4 to ps5 version I'm just gonna take a break. It's not like there's much to do anyways and hopefully by the time they sport it out there will be a property endgame.

Do you mean like monopoly or something like GTA where you go round buying up businesses and having them make money? Seems like an odd fit for an Avengers game to me.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

thebardyspoon posted:

Do you mean like monopoly or something like GTA where you go round buying up businesses and having them make money? Seems like an odd fit for an Avengers game to me.

Tony Stark real estate mogul dlc where you try to get his fortune back.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Game would really improve with a used Hellicarrier market.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone manage to find a place to out of bounds in the Chimera with the emote+signature attack glitch? I couldn't find one.

I did explore a bit more of the Anthill and well I guess I should've expected this

https://twitter.com/WargleRathat/status/1311176465954803712?s=20

I left myself falling for about 5 minutes before restarting from checkpoint.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

hamsystem posted:

Until I know how they're handling the saves for ps4 to ps5 version I'm just gonna take a break.

They transfer over.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I actually tried out Anthem yesterday. My son bought it on release (I felt bad for him) but I'd never tried it.

Kinda fun if still pretty janky.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I got a month of fun out of anthem. Really loved the giant suit, that had a good hulk feel of being able to run right through assholes and smash em.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

a mysterious cloak posted:

: same:

Game is fun, but... Where's all the stuff to do? I'm already tired of rerunning the same thing.

You're suppose to spend money on useless microtransactions! Goddamnit, you worthless whale! CONSUME! CONSUME!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Verizon Up is giving out the skins again if you have it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RatHat posted:

Verizon Up is giving out the skins again if you have it.

how do i get these? i can't find anything in the verizon app

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sea Lily posted:

how do i get these? i can't find anything in the verizon app

Quoting from reddit

"After logging into the App, you hit the Verizon Up button, bottom right. For me it was listed under Bonus Rewards which had a few things to scroll through, like eGift Cards and other junk. From there you click on it and can claim it."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So did anyone else get stuck on the iron man campaign mission where you go into city and have to stand on the pad while waves of enemies rush you because I have been playing on normal and doing overall well enough but the difficulty spike on that part made me go back to easy and I still cannot beat it. :argh:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Yeah that one had me for a few tries. I ended up grinding gear and then doing it on easy

Oh yeah: use rockets. They’re huge AOE

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Yeah that one had me for a few tries. I ended up grinding gear and then doing it on easy

Oh yeah: use rockets. They’re huge AOE

Good idea! I use rockets but I am going to have to grind.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So did anyone else get stuck on the iron man campaign mission where you go into city and have to stand on the pad while waves of enemies rush you because I have been playing on normal and doing overall well enough but the difficulty spike on that part made me go back to easy and I still cannot beat it. :argh:

I managed to beat it by basically dodging nonstop.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fried Sushi posted:

I managed to beat it by basically dodging nonstop.

I will tet that too

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Good idea! I use rockets but I am going to have to grind.

stop when you find gear that significantly boosts your ranged attack and then try again - you should be rocketing till you run out of power, then melee comboing to get it back, then repeat. also repulsor blast all the turrets first thing while the movable enemies spawn.

also something that's served me well is focusing on taking out any of the humans in black with gold trim who have rocket launchers asap - they're the ones who really mess with you while you're attacking melee focused enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Kind of irritating - I guess I have to grind forever to do these warzone missions. I don't have any heroes at 50 yet, I think Thor is my highest (approaching 30), and the whole team just gets rolled every time, and Abomination is still at like 1/3 health.