Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1310187560396824578?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
I will also echo the sentiments of other posters. Being allowed to troll at all sets a risky precedent. It means there's no incentive to stop.

Just test the boundaries a little, stick to what seems to work, and have some fun with the more impatient members of the thread.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Allow the troll but probate people making fun of him?

Makes sense.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i put Bioshuffle on ignore and it's been great

can't put poo poo mods on ignore, unfortunately

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I thought it was excellent trolling, look at all the posters who got worked up and made fools of themselves revealing *checks notes* they don't like Nazis.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Azhais posted:

Do we count naked Translucent as in or out of uniform?

Nudity is his uniform.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tapir dick-like super-powers !

MM has been hilarious this whole season for things like his reaction to getting attacked by a massive dick and the retro graphic Tees.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The Church is the only thing between Franklin and a booth next to Virgil with a lovely "The Original ATrain!!!"

The hyphenated spelling, like the costume are registered trademarks of Vought LLC.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

It is a bit weird that Vought are filming a multi million dollar hollywood movie and one of their stars is just, AWOL.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

massive spider posted:

It is a bit weird that Vought are filming a multi million dollar hollywood movie and one of their stars is just, AWOL.

I'm sure they're used to it by this point

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I kind of want SuperDick to be a regular.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I kind of want SuperDick to be a regular.

Please, my friend, respect Love Sausage.

This news bit was linked a few pages back but I really enjoyed this visual:

Antony Starr posted:

"Aya and I were harnessed, and making out in harnesses, which is actually really difficult," he said. "We were meant to be having sex in the middle of the air when a mirror ball drops. It was a very tricky shot to get. We had to be slowly spinning. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, and we just started giggling and wasted one of the chandeliers. We couldn't stop laughing and Eric (Kripke, the show's developer) was a little grumpy because we wasted a very significant and expensive prop. It was that thing where it's so ridiculous that all we could do is sit in our very uncomfortable harnesses, 10 feet off the ground, and giggle."

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

If you haven't seen the 2010 film Super, I highly recommend it. It follows the same thematic idea of placing superheroes inside a real life environment and all the shenanigans that result.

Click here for the trailer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That trailer is on levels like Bridge to Terabithia. That movie is very brutal and gross.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sab Sabbington posted:

edit: At what point does the forum start to implode because "We gotta let the Nazi sympathizer keep posting his opinions on a show about Nazis because it's on topic" is some approaching the singularity poo poo.

Just put him on ignore like a decent goon.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

mllaneza posted:

Can’t ignore mods.

But to reiterate

Total Meatlove posted:

Just ban nazis and people who keep saying nazi poo poo even if they claim it’s for the lols you coward

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

mllaneza posted:

I was under the impression that racist alt-righty shitheads had their very own, very special ignore button that made them leave forever, though.

Like I was totally fine with ignoring the dude until people started eating probes because they did the extremely correct, minimum required effort, thing of treating him like a child and a joke, but I think it's pretty fuckin' prescient AND relevant to the topic of the thread to make a fuss about it when the frustration and continued punishment is being directed at the Not Nazis instead of the dude who thinks it's okay to argue that a character who says slurs at non-White people she murders Isn't Racist, Actually.

It's like we're in a sociology lab examining a perfect micro-example of the show's themes, like come the gently caress on.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 27, 2020

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
He's not alt right, he's a history enthusiast

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Johnny Truant posted:

i put Bioshuffle on ignore and it's been great

can't put poo poo mods on ignore, unfortunately

Ignoring Nazis, racists, and their allies is how we got to the current state of things in the US. Don't give these people a platform to speak their poo poo.

They're openly defending Nazis and racists, and no one wants anything to do with them besides telling them they're a piece of garbage. At that point, might as well just make them leave.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 27, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
OK well there’s that entire page dedicated to talking about bioshuffle surely not what he wants at all pleas by all means continue making the entire thread about him instead of simply ignoring him and moving

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if using democracy would be beneficial in a time like this

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Vintersorg posted:

That trailer is on levels like Bridge to Terabithia. That movie is very brutal and gross.

It definitely utilizes a lot of dark humor. I think it's a perfect companion piece to the show. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely add it to their list.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bioshuffle posted:

If you haven't seen the 2010 film Super, I highly recommend it. It follows the same thematic idea of placing superheroes inside a real life environment and all the shenanigans that result.

Click here for the trailer.
Love that movie but he has no superpowers. IMO Hancock is closer to the spirt of The Boys - an out-of-control supe who gives no fucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkX1VuXLRSc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hancock at first was like that then the Will Smith clause comes in and he has to be good.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The closest analogous show I think is Misfits - the odd and terrifying powers, the mundane made terrifying, extremely gross pitch black humour. Especially the first two seasons with Robert Sheehan. Less of a political subtext to it though.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Hancock was cool, but the scene were he goes to prison was wierd. All the convicts he put away just forgot he has superpowers, which you'd think they might remember.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Having Homelander turn when adulation is brought into it seems to run counter to his big bad moment saying he don't need no one.

esperterra posted:

I warned the last time that people poking the troll are adding absolutely nothing and would get slapped for it. So I slapped some people who went on to touch the poop anyway.
You can give me a 6er for this but that's basically sanctioning being a poo poo if you occasionally cloud it in "discourse".

But hey, I guess you want a homegrown SMG-like running around the thread. Cool, cool.

massive spider posted:

ONE? By all accounts, the previous Seven had Lamplighter, Mr. Marathon and Translucent.

It's a fuckin reboot, baybee.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 27, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah that's some really heinous modding. Take the chance to self educate, read up on what "sea lioning" and bad faith arguing are, and try to do better in the future. This is one of the new mods after all the old ones (rightfully) quit, yeah?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Sab Sabbington posted:

I was under the impression that racist alt-righty shitheads had their very own, very special ignore button that made them leave forever, though.

Like I was totally fine with ignoring the dude until people started eating probes because they did the extremely correct, minimum required effort, thing of treating him like a child and a joke, but I think it's pretty fuckin' prescient AND relevant to the topic of the thread to make a fuss about it when the frustration and continued punishment is being directed at the Not Nazis instead of the dude who thinks it's okay to argue that a character who says slurs at non-White people she murders Isn't Racist, Actually.

It's like we're in a sociology lab examining a perfect micro-example of the show's themes, like come the gently caress on.
The problem is they're posting as if Maybe Their Interpretations of Stormfront Being a Good Guy and We're Wrong is, while obviously trolling, to a third party observer totally reasonable and okay - so the moderator, who hasn't yet watched the show (which tbf LOL expecting mods to watch every single lovely TV show TVIV has) doesn't understand the extreme amount of trolling going on. So the shitposting will continue and in a month or so we'll all have a big laugh at the banned cryptonazi who stumbled in talking about how suspicious and untrustworthy all the black characters are.

Vintersorg posted:

Hancock at first was like that then the Will Smith clause comes in and he has to be good.
Yeah, there's like a halfway point where the movie goes from Pretty Good to just obnoxious.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah that's some really heinous modding. Take the chance to self educate, read up on what "sea lioning" and bad faith arguing are, and try to do better in the future. This is one of the new mods after all the old ones (rightfully) quit, yeah?

lol you're posting like a huge rear end in a top hat too

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Everything I post in this thread is just me gushing over how rad this show is and occasionally speculating about future episodes though?

There's lots of people with this same avatar, btw

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I'm just referring to your latest post. I'm sure your other posts are fine.

also yeah whatever monster buys lots of folks the same avatar is a Truth Obfuscator

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It seems to me like goons always assume people are nefarious masterminds with a hidden agenda when sometimes people are just obtuse, or stupid, or sometimes they're just a little ignorant, you know? and really goons should know by now that a person getting dogpiled is rarely if ever going to say something along the lines of "boy did I make an rear end out of myself, I guess everything I said was pretty stupid huh?".

Is he even trolling? why can't he just be the guy who missed a very obvious plot development? idgi goons.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It seems to me like goons always assume people are nefarious masterminds with a hidden agenda when sometimes people are just obtuse, or stupid, or sometimes they're just a little ignorant, you know? and really goons should know by now that a person getting dogpiled is rarely if ever going to say something along the lines of "boy did I make an rear end out of myself, I guess everything I said was pretty stupid huh?".

Is he even trolling? why can't he just be the guy who missed a very obvious plot development? idgi goons.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

how adorably naive

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This is not the case and if it was he is accidentally talking like a modern Nazi and accidentally uses the same arguments that modern Nazis use and accidentally holds the same opinions as Modern Nazis which means there is no meaningful distinction.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol you are such a shithead

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kas posted:

Lol you are such a shithead

What do you disagree with here? The tone? Authority figures can handle a sharply worded rebuke. If not, they can de-Mod.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

In a thread full of sanctimonious wailing and utter inability to handle a troll (how can this even still be happening in 2020) you somehow managed to surprise me in reaching a whole new tier of smug santomonious wailing, it's actually impressive

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kas posted:

In a thread full of sanctimonious wailing and utter inability to handle a troll (how can this even still be happening in 2020) you somehow managed to surprise me in reaching a whole new tier of smug santomonious wailing, it's actually impressive

As you pointed out, it's 2020, so kid gloves are off. Mods are held to high standards when they make a tremendous gaffe. Maybe reddit would be more up your alley since you can sort posts by number of UpVotes/level of hugbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I dunno, I feel like it's inefficient to tell each person that takes the troll bait to ignore the troll's posts but what do I know