Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

As you pointed out, it's 2020, so kid gloves are off. Mods are held to high standards when they make a tremendous gaffe. Maybe reddit would be more up your alley since you can sort posts by number of UpVotes/level of hugbox?

Clearly the stance of a sensible human being, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

BurritoJustice posted:

Starlight is going to get imprisoned, but we're yet to see how

I thought it was a miss that Frenchie didn't address what they were doing with the tracker in the meantime. You'd think they could've given it to one of the Haitian Kings or something in the meantime to run around with. She could even say she is following the crimes they are active committing lol

The problem with giving the tracker to someone is that they are actively looking for Starlight. If her tracker was still working, some rando Haitian King is going to get a Vought security team ripping them a new rear end in a top hat asking where the gently caress Starlight is. If it just stops they can't do that.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

FilthyImp posted:

Having Homelander turn when adulation is brought into it seems to run counter to his big bad moment saying he don't need no one.
I don't think it's adulation, as much as "genuine" affection. Maeve showers him with praise too, but it doesn't work because Homelander can see through her charade. His first blowout occurs after it's revealed Stillwell has been using him like a pawn. It makes sense that he would cling onto someone who is willing to reveal all of her cards.

Stormfront's recruitment of Homelander is analogous to how a lot of extremist groups recruit members. American History X is a good movie that shows the process in more detail.

I have a feeling Stormfront doesn't actually care about Homelander. She just wants to use him and spit him out after he's served his purpose. We've seen that she is a master at obfuscating her true intentions. She is one of the most fascinating villains I've seen in quite some time, and I can't wait to see how she meets her demise. There are so many possibilities, all of which would be just as satisfying, although I would be disappointed if Kimiko doesn't get her revenge.

Binary Logic posted:

Love that movie but he has no superpowers. IMO Hancock is closer to the spirt of The Boys - an out-of-control supe who gives no fucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkX1VuXLRSc
That's a good point! I know there was a movie called Brightburn that was about the similar premise. Is that one worth a watch at all?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Regarde Aduck posted:

The only way to deal with situations like this is decisively. Either let him run riot or thread ban him. Not sure why you want a troll, at best, or an actual alt-right weirdo threading the needle of what will and won't get him probed.

Or, stay with me here, we could all be adults.

You guys are making this way worse than Bioshuffle is. Please listen to the mod and move the gently caress on already.

Fionordequester posted:

I will also echo the sentiments of other posters. Being allowed to troll at all sets a risky precedent. It means there's no incentive to stop.

Just test the boundaries a little, stick to what seems to work, and have some fun with the more impatient members of the thread.

Yeah but dogpiling is just as bad to the thread as trolling is. We have times where bioshuffle stopped posting but people are inventing things "bioshuffle probably thinks that ______ " that's not productive to anybody.

You're creating your own troll at that point.

If you feel otherwise report him, but don't just keep making the same lovely nazi jokes over and over in bad faith, its threadshitting worse than the trolling is. If the mods okay with it, then either stop posting or accept it.

If you really want to stand up to Fascism you need to go out and march or donate or do something; arguing with Bioshuffle about television show The Boys isn't going to make the world a better place.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 27, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zaphod42 posted:

You guys are making this way worse than Bioshuffle is. Please listen to the mod and move the gently caress on already.

Yeah but dogpiling is just as bad to the thread as trolling is. We have times where bioshuffle stopped posting but people are inventing things "bioshuffle probably thinks that ______ " that's not productive to anybody.

You're creating your own troll at that point.

If you feel otherwise report him, but don't just keep making the same lovely nazi jokes over and over in bad faith, its threadshitting worse than the trolling is. If the mods okay with it, then either stop posting or accept it.

If you really want to stand up to Fascism you need to go out and march or donate or do something; arguing with Bioshuffle about television show The Boys isn't going to make the world a better place.

hmm fair, both sides are pretty similar at the end of the day.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did Cindy explode that CIA lady's head remotely or did they have to cart her out there to crush her line of sight?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I hope it's kids in the hall style and she has to be there

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Zaphod42 posted:

You are asking a LOT of the people in this thread, I'm sorry but you will only find disappointment and sadness at the end of this journey.

I laughed a lot at the fancy wine goblets full of fresca at the church luncheon, also, I feel bad for the shockwave dude that flipped Hughie's van - it looked like he just hiccuped or something and his power went off, not that he did it intentionally.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did Cindy explode that CIA lady's head remotely or did they have to cart her out there to crush her line of sight?

Yeah I'm assuming that Cindy was the one who exploded the CIA lady's head, and I figured it was a remote thing. Which is something I was waiting for them to explain, so that's nice. A head-exploding supe was our main theory, along with bomb-implants.

That kinda explains also why the boys heads' didn't explode, they just gave her a picture of CIA lady and said "use your powers" remotely or something. If she was actually there, why not pop all their heads?

But if she can make people's heads explode remotely, goddamn that's powerful. I wonder if she could kill Homelander? Welp. Not now.

kas posted:

You are asking a LOT of the people in this thread, I'm sorry but you will only find disappointment and sadness at the end of this journey.

Lol yeah, truth. For what its worth I'm gonna try to ignore it all from now on, but it just gets me that this thread is definitely making it worse, and then complaining that the thing they made worse is worse.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't understand how you can watch this show and still think that being a permissive enabler = "being an adult"

Have you picked up on the fact that the show isn't really about 'What If Superheroes Were Jerks'??

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I'm assuming that Cindy was the one who exploded the CIA lady's head, and I figured it was a remote thing. Which is something I was waiting for them to explain, so that's nice. A head-exploding supe was our main theory, along with bomb-implants.

That kinda explains also why the boys heads' didn't explode, they just gave her a picture of CIA lady and said "use your powers" remotely or something. If she was actually there, why not pop all their heads?

I was really hoping the Fly from season 1 was a tiny robotic bomb they can pilot up your nose, and those scenes in S1 were them narrowly avoiding The Final Sneeze

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What if they weren't watching her at that moment and but been trying to pinch her head for days and the timelines just matched up for perfect entertainment

Waiting for her to have an epiphany seems like a lot of work to get a justified head pop

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I was really hoping the Fly from season 1 was a tiny robotic bomb they can pilot up your nose, and those scenes in S1 were them narrowly avoiding The Final Sneeze

Did y'all catch that one of the supes in the facility on the CCTV was controlling a fly with their powers? Pretty fun little thing there. :)

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I don't understand how you can watch this show and still think that being a permissive enabler = "being an adult"

Have you picked up on the fact that the show isn't really about 'What If Superheroes Were Jerks'??

A permissive enabler of what? Talking poo poo about The Boys? This is SA dude, go look at GBS. People post much worse poo poo than that every single minute.

Bioshuffle isn't the evil in this world. There's plenty of real evil around right now for you to fight against if you wanna do that. Or if you legit think Bioshuffle is a nazi or a troll, then talk to the mods.
But just dogpiling in the thread isn't really accomplishing much, and in fact calls for him to respond, just dragging the poo poo out. Which, some people in this thread are probably doing on purpose. Are they "permissive enablers" too?

Its all dumb.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Treat them like you're a sanctimonious parent scolding a toddler, that will definitely work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zaphod42 posted:

Or if you legit think Bioshuffle is a nazi or a troll, then talk to the mods.

Yep, that's what I did :-) The mod made a mistake and doesn't know what sealioning is and how harmful it is to the community, so I am hopeful they will self-educate and take a better stance toward alt-right trolls in the future. This is not a bioshuffle issue, it's a mod issue.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Good episode. Felt like the editing was much tighter than what we've otherwise had this season.

Starr is amazing and it's a goddamn miracle that they found his equal in Cash. Great chemistry.

Edit: I really hope that the Boys don't get augmented with V. It's so much more fun when the writers have to flex their creative muscles.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

TIL Joss Whedon’s father was a writer for Golden Girls. Joss got his start on Rosanne before Buffy and MCU.

IT. ALL. MAKES. SENSE.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

What if they weren't watching her at that moment and but been trying to pinch her head for days and the timelines just matched up for perfect entertainment

Waiting for her to have an epiphany seems like a lot of work to get a justified head pop

It was worth it for Hughie's panicked 'Are our heads gonna explode?!' reaction as they peeled out.

anatomi posted:

Edit: I really hope that the Boys don't get augmented with V. It's so much more fun when the writers have to flex their creative muscles.

:same: I find it a lot more interesting to see the Boys get creative, and have only Kimiko as their heavy hitter, plus a couple of supes they either have a rapport with or can exploit for help.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 27, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The driver of that car has a serious set of balls if they're picking up a hitchhiker from the middle of nowhere, near a mental hospital, and the person is wearing a patient outfit covered in bloodied bullet holes

Or did Cindy explode the driver's head

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or did Cindy explode the driver's head

Yeah I def interpreted that scene to be comedic, like she tries to do it the nice way by sticking her thumb out but then gets explodey when they didn't stop

itry
Aug 23, 2019

She got into the passenger seat. She's not a monster. :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Who's to say she cant pinch heads back together

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The car drove off. We’ll find out next episode I guess if he died or not.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah I wasn't quite sure what to make of that last shot with Cindy, the way it was shot definitely doesn't imply that driver just changed his mind and pulled over but she does get in the passenger seat. Kinda gross but I guess maybe she popped him and needed to get in there to kinda scoop him out of the driver's side? She also twisted up the doors and stuff in the hospital so maybe she just forced the car to stop - not really sure how much fine control she has over her power. I guess if someone telekinetically brings your car to a halt on the side of the road and hops in you're probably just gonna give em a lift.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just wanna know if that driver decided to Stand His Ground too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yep, that's what I did :-) The mod made a mistake and doesn't know what sealioning is and how harmful it is to the community, so I am hopeful they will self-educate and take a better stance toward alt-right trolls in the future. This is not a bioshuffle issue, it's a mod issue.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah that's some really heinous modding. Take the chance to self educate, read up on what "sea lioning" and bad faith arguing are, and try to do better in the future. This is one of the new mods after all the old ones (rightfully) quit, yeah?

is this what happens when someone is socialized entirely through Twitter?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Vote!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Cindy’s ‘I don’t like liars’ thing feels like a bit of a foreshadowing and the origin story of a good supervillain

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Especially since Homelander has that as a major tenet too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What is Cindy from? I feel like I recognize her from somewhere but I can't place it. Maybe she just looks a lot like an OITNB character and I am mixing her up with that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

What is Cindy from? I feel like I recognize her from somewhere but I can't place it. Maybe she just looks a lot like an OITNB character and I am mixing her up with that.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9321976/

Hasn't done much, was mostly a stunt performer previously.

Apparently a contortionist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7N1tFT_Q9E

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

veni veni veni posted:

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah I wasn't quite sure what to make of that last shot with Cindy, the way it was shot definitely doesn't imply that driver just changed his mind and pulled over but she does get in the passenger seat. Kinda gross but I guess maybe she popped him and needed to get in there to kinda scoop him out of the driver's side? She also twisted up the doors and stuff in the hospital so maybe she just forced the car to stop - not really sure how much fine control she has over her power. I guess if someone telekinetically brings your car to a halt on the side of the road and hops in you're probably just gonna give em a lift.

I dunno, she didn't seem like she wanted to hurt random people. The folks that are dressed like orderlies in the place that imprisoned and probably tortured her, sure. But not just Joe Random driving down the road. Also, if she popped him that car sure came gracefully to a stop at the perfect spot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

veni veni veni posted:

The actor looks a lot like Asia Kate Dillon yeah, who played an inmate on OITNB that was well-versed in early to mid 20th century German history and encouraged her fellow white inmates to show pride in their skin color

Interestingly, both Asia and Ess are non-binary but played she/her roles on OITNB and (seemingly) The Boys

Cindy's actor is a contortionist who did some hosed up movements in IT (the part where pennywise comes out of the fridge in part 1, for example) so I fully expect Cindy to do something nasty this season

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The boys get the zinc box back and she busts out of it like a prank can of pringles

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/EBp734R.gifv

Obviously this required a little help from the ol' CGI department but you don't cast someone who can shove themselves into a fridge and hermit crab back out of it unless you're gonna USE that skill, dammit

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bioshuffle posted:

I don't think it's adulation, as much as "genuine" affection. Maeve showers him with praise too, but it doesn't work because Homelander can see through her charade. His first blowout occurs after it's revealed Stillwell has been using him like a pawn. It makes sense that he would cling onto someone who is willing to reveal all of her cards.

Stormfront's recruitment of Homelander is analogous to how a lot of extremist groups recruit members. American History X is a good movie that shows the process in more detail.

I have a feeling Stormfront doesn't actually care about Homelander. She just wants to use him and spit him out after he's served his purpose. We've seen that she is a master at obfuscating her true intentions. She is one of the most fascinating villains I've seen in quite some time, and I can't wait to see how she meets her demise. There are so many possibilities, all of which would be just as satisfying, although I would be disappointed if Kimiko doesn't get her revenge.

That's a good point! I know there was a movie called Brightburn that was about the similar premise. Is that one worth a watch at all?

BrightBurn is a little slow but once the super kid goes evil it picks up quite a bit. It's basically " What if Clark Kent was a loving poo poo head as a kid and actually used his super powers how a kid would use them".

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Did y'all catch that one of the supes in the facility on the CCTV was controlling a fly with their powers? Pretty fun little thing there. :)

Is it me or was there a supe inmate who looked directly at the camera in a knowing way? Might be the same one who was causing the camera to mess up after the breakout.

Makes me wonder if they could "see" Frenchie, MM and Lamplighter through the camera. Could be how Stormfront ends up finding out what happened.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

jabby posted:

Is it me or was there a supe inmate who looked directly at the camera in a knowing way? Might be the same one who was causing the camera to mess up after the breakout.

Makes me wonder if they could "see" Frenchie, MM and Lamplighter through the camera. Could be how Stormfront ends up finding out what happened.

The one that looks at them "through" the camera is Cindy.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

The one that looks at them "through" the camera is Cindy.

Ah. Her powers having a remote element adds to the idea she exploded Stillwell's head though.

Also, I appreciated Lamplighter's line "He's in the cafeteria... and the corridor... and on some of the walls."

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I thought it was the driver pulling over to pick her up. Just took a decent distance to pull over.

I would like it if she had a code of some sort that didn't involve murdering innocent people for their cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

jabby posted:

Ah. Her powers having a remote element adds to the idea she exploded Stillwell's head though.

Also, I appreciated Lamplighter's line "He's in the cafeteria... and the corridor... and on some of the walls."

I was thinking the same thing. She really does hit the Eleven from Stranger Things vibe.