Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

with the changes to rat aggro, brawling at all in pve is much more risky. that's how i lost a cyclone the other day, doing a deadspace, next wave spawns, they all aggro me, dead before i finish aligning out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

I lost my free Maller (rip free mallers) plus modules & rigs to a cyclone lowsec gate camp last night. This morning, I log in to the notification that gate gun damage in lowsec is being increased a billion percent after the hotfix. :sad: My poor golden lasergoose

0.3 is the lowest that has gate guns right? Anything below that is FFA?

EnnuiDeBlase
Feb 12, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

No, named 0.0 systems (technically sec like...0.03 that rounds down) will have gate guns.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Any system without a "-" in front of the sec number has guns. 0.0 and -0.0 can be a bit confusing, but as mentioned, if it's named, it's low sec and not null.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

EnnuiDeBlase posted:

No, named 0.0 systems (technically sec like...0.03 that rounds down) will have gate guns.

Yeah. Named 0.0 and anything 0.1 and above I believe

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Radio Free Kobold posted:

with the changes to rat aggro, brawling at all in pve is much more risky. that's how i lost a cyclone the other day, doing a deadspace, next wave spawns, they all aggro me, dead before i finish aligning out.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that drones are the best weapon system for PVE. Can't be exploded if you're outside of the rat optimal... and the really dangerous ships are the ones with super high tracking.

TheMaster42
Apr 13, 2004

In many ways we have the same mind.
Yesterday early, we formed up to defend VVV's citadel. (Our CN-based allies.) Grand total of 5 Omens because it was 3am. :agesilaus: Get there and set up on the gate. 'HONK' in local. 5 of us and hundreds of VVV. Clearly they need us~~~

Then... I get a message:

Well I've just honked in local and VVV jovially honked back at us. Also I'm sitting on grid with hundreds of them and not exploding... I would have to guess 'no' but if you're not there yet, I'm not going to stop you...

[HONK] super sekret spy channel:

I'm thinking, "this will be funny until they find out we have no fleet," and that'll be that. But the rabbit hole just keeps working...

I immediately set them red.

Ahh... Thanks for the intel? Forwarded to VVV. :toot:

This relationship is moving so quickly!

You need to talk to an FC? Why, that happens to be me!

I appreciate that!

Thank you? Forwarded to VVV...

Soo actually Citadels instead have a hard cap on incoming DPS. So this plan is kinda.. a little bit... physically impossible. I'm a pretty terrible ally, guys...

In the meantime, I see ZTH (the artyruskies) set up on the gate into the system, looking to murder anything that moves.

I'm trying to get them to hurry, so maybe make mistakes. Also, you know, because I have literally 0 people moving around, not a 65 person fleet.

ZTH has the gate fully camped. Anything there will eat thousands of dps of pinpoint artillery fire from 70km. I relay this exact information to our ally.

Their fleet lands on the gate, and ZTH immediately lights them up. It's just them and ZTH in local, not a single HONK member to be found. Their ships start popping. Great success! Handshakes all around; the gig is definitely up.

Right?

They're outnumbered 3:1, actually... They take losses jumping through and out due to lag and tackle. Our 5 Omens put in work friends - and are also never targeted because we're allies.

Initially they warped off to try and group inside the system. But after a few minutes they warp back to the gate because of my message that we were "fighting." At this point they suffered heavy disconnects and losses.

After a moment they start warping to a safe or planet. Well that's no good - we gotta stick together!

For the record that was 100% factually correct. :colbert: Haven't lost any of our 5 Omens yet!

You don't see our 65 guys shooting the station with you??? :surprisedpikachu:

VVV warps the majority of their fleet to the station, lands on them and starts lighting them up. They get about ~2 minutes of shooting time on the station when they need ~30+.

After about 80% losses they warp off. Well that won't do.

Alright! Teamwork!

They land and got lit up again. Welp at least we tried "together."

Both of those statements are true. :discourse:

Okay finally it's over. They've gotta suspect by now, right?

To their credit, they actually fought a lot around the sun and planets to score VVV kills. But my objective was served: the Citadel timer was safe.

But the gig is up now, right? Right? I can't help but try extending an olive branch to see...

Well in true Echoes-goon fashion, rather than trying to extend the con, our diplomats decide these NORF guys are pretty chill. They're anti-hate like us and don't tolerate chuds. Kris fesses up to our deception pretty early. Understandably, they're a bit pissed about it but, to quote their diplomat, they "probably would have done the same if presented the opportunity."

The best part of all; they're currently fighting the SHH / POOH racists, so now we're very interested in getting on the correct political side of history. And also blow up racists. We're updating our members in a chat this afternoon.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:drat:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

Yeah. Named 0.0 and anything 0.1 and above I believe

EnnuiDeBlase posted:

MadMadi posted:

Any system without a "-" in front of the sec number has guns. 0.0 and -0.0 can be a bit confusing, but as mentioned, if it's named, it's low sec and not null.

Ah ok got it thanks! I think I got confused with the 0.0 and -0.0 thing.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Holy poo poo. Thread/game keeps delivering.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I'll be going over what happens next after we got them to suicide their fleet in a few hours in pondering

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

Ah ok got it thanks! I think I got confused with the 0.0 and -0.0 thing.

Another easy way of thinking about these named +0.0 systems is they only exist in non-null regions. On the star chart if a region is pure red it will never have a named 0.0 system (I'm 99.99% sure of that), but if you were to look at for example Molden Heath it's orange since it's primarily lowsec, but Egbinger is a red system meaning 0.0.... it'll still have gate guns since the region is not pure null (or "Faction Controlled" which some people would say)

nakieon fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 1, 2020

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So, to continue on from what Master42 wrote, I wake up about this time, and see our intel channel discussing what happened. I get my coffee and fully catch up on everything, and that's when Eanae gave us their invite to the server. They still thought we were friendly. The original play was to keep whelping their fleets in case they came to attack again.

Myself, Blake, and the diplomats jump in, at least the ones that were awake. We find out real quick what the beef was. VVV had been encroaching on their territory and they've had multiple attempts to divide up venal so that there wouldn't be any problems, but VVV just kept going wherever they wanted and doing whatever, so they were attacking the station as more of a defensive move.

NORF is in an active war with SHH, who lives in Deklein. NORF lives in Branch and has about 2000 pilots or so across 3 alliances, one of the alliances they stole from SHH. They had requested a non invasion pact with SHH but they breached it within 24 hours, popping bases in branch and station camping NORF.

While they were basically spilling the entire back history to Blake and the diplomats, I was going through their discord and finding out who they were. Their meme channels had literally no pepe memes, there was maybe one or two pepe avatars, and I couldn't find a single case of casual racism. Their diplomat team was all women, and their leaders let them get on talk shows to discuss their politics with SHH. They really liked us, even knowing we were goons. They have weebs, if anything, as a strike against them, but I mean I have an anime avatar so whatever.

They are ex-PL and active PL. Two of their diplomats is actively in PL in EVE O. They told us as long as we're not Mittani or DBRB, they don't care if we're goons. They casually floated the idea of us taking Deklein from SHH and being nice neighbors, instead of racist shitlords.

SHH is pretty bad. Obviously the POOH stuff you are all aware of. But their main FC got banned from Eve Online Alliance tournaments because of racist comments and posts like the following:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/55ojp2/tishu_tries_to_gas_cof_in_the_at_loses_instead/

So, overall, after chatting up their diplomats and leader, we found out we really liked each other. Problem is, we are kind of lying to them about what happened. We discussed it in diplo chat and I just went ahead and made the executive decision to tell the diplomat that made the error what happened.

They were a little mad at first, salty, but after our goosy charm, the leader and diplos admitted they wouldve done the same thing to us, and we patched up. They said if they had been the ones to discover the deception, they would've set us red immediately, so I guess we got saved from that.

So now about VVV. We want them to stop attacking the station, because gently caress timer warfare, and they want VVV to stop encroaching on their space. They were pretty hostile talking about VVV, but we're like "would you at least give us a chance to hash out a deal?" After they realized we were serious, they gave us their terms and we began working our diplo magic.

I really don't know how these guys pull this off game after game, but we got a very agreeable NAP with NORF, and it also had additional terms for VVV and VVV basically agreed. I'll let the diplos discuss it as they know the details better. AND WE GOT THIS IN LIKE SIX HOURS. I don't have enough good things to say about our diplo team but I absolutely love them.

So, where does that leave us? We have an alliance that we have generally a really good culture fit with, and we have racist poo poo bags that they're fighting. I mean this is basically ying and yang in my mind.

As for Sov and taking over Deklein, we're not going to be making any commitments anytime soon. I don't know if we'd be able to defend sov from 2000 member alliances that can blob 400 fleets. We started a newbie drive and buying ads today, so hopefully we can boost numbers. But in the end, moving to nullsec will change who we are and the gameplay for us. Territory warfare is not casual at all. We will need to defend space. This is something we're gonna have to discuss and decide on as a whole on what we want to do and how we want to play this game, so I'm not taking this lightly.

Anyways, we've started a bounty program to go and bring tears and suffering to the SHH shitlords. Their leader has forced every corp in the alliance to hand over ceoship to himself (sound familiar?), and in my experience this will all end hilariously in one big RMT exit scam, and glorious tears.

This is honestly why I don't go seeking out racists...they always seem to come to our doorstep.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Khris Kruel posted:

Anyways, we've started a bounty program to go and bring tears and suffering to the SHH shitlords. Their leader has forced every corp in the alliance to hand over ceoship to himself (sound familiar?), and in my experience this will all end hilariously in one big RMT exit scam, and glorious tears.

I think it is our sacred duty in Toilet Eve to seek out and destroy these sorts of rent seeking bastards. In response I promise to learn how to pvp and do my part!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

And our efforts in pissing off SHH have already paid out, in this case, delivering high-value targets to my feet.

He had the bad, bad luck of landing on me as I was roaming around, looking for people to kill.
He never had a chance.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Also, this is the getup SHH's leader went with on the Eve talkshow, Talking in Stations. Why would you follow this guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPT-UM-D7Y

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

M. Night Skymall posted:

Also, this is the getup SHH's leader went with on the Eve talkshow, Talking in Stations. Why would you follow this guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPT-UM-D7Y

I don't trust any of those people.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

M. Night Skymall posted:

probably afraid of getting dox'd for his nazi bullshit

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

And our efforts in pissing off SHH have already paid out, in this case, delivering high-value targets to my feet.

He had the bad, bad luck of landing on me as I was roaming around, looking for people to kill.
He never had a chance.

Thank god, gently caress that guy. He really threw a wrench in that dead space this AM.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kaysette posted:

Thank god, gently caress that guy. He really threw a wrench in that dead space this AM.

I am extremely glad to have to have taught this guy the lesson that there is always a bigger fish.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

M. Night Skymall posted:

jesus he talks like a scummy loving weirdo too, and of course it's on crying in stations to boot

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

So a quick summary of everything we talked about in the pondering today:

We talked about our past and future. With our past comes Son Banana and the REKI Situation. I'm not going to post discord logs here, they're in pondering chat for anyone who cares. Patone was extremely racist, was called out in Son Banana's discord by karma fleet members, doubled down on their racism demanding the people calling them out be banned, and then Son Banana came through and told everyone to get along and shut up, allowing the racists to continue to post "hitler did nothing wrong" memes while silencing the critics.

The Reki CEO of the intergame conglomerate posted a lip service apology that you all saw, and I reached out to him this morning. Patone was removed as ceo and is on internal duties, but it's been pretty clear he does not regret his actions, and everyone is only sad because its come to light, not for the actions taken. This is pretty normal with gamers, but it does not give me faith much change will occur.

Son Banana's discord we have kept an eye on, and has degenerated into callouts of the racists, people pissed off at the callouts of the racists, and has in general turned pretty toxic. Honestly I think the situation is salvageable if Son Banana wants to take the time to get rid of the shitheads, but that's his play and the ball is in his court. We've attempted to reach out and rectify the situation but he's been silent on comms so we'll see.

Reki I'm pretty sure we will be setting red here shortly. The CEO asked me to give him time to see what is happening in the Eve Echoes discord and culture, but is my opinion and experience that if the CEO of a corp feels empowered to be completely racist in an alliance discord, the corporation is enabling that behavior. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

As for our future,

I already gave a diplomatic account of what's occured over the past 24 hours. We have a really friendly alliance that is 5x our current size that are competent and a great culture fit for us. Silent Alliance has been shown to harbor racists and have extremely toxic gaming culture that we're all aware of, and NORF wants us to help to help them implode. We have been examining everything about the SHH alliance and we're pretty sure we could easily take them and not much pressure will make them implode with hilarious RMT exit scams. We live to see it.

VVV and NORF and Us have all signed some pretty nice non-aggression pacts and defense pacts that will keep us safe and is pretty exciting what our diplo team has done.

We've instituted bounty programs for destroying bases. Currently deadspaces make about 10x the amount of value that ore buyback programs could possibly make, so strategically please focus on destroying all their bases. Our supply lines are secure, there's literally nothing they can do to us, and Omens/coercers are completely paid by 20% taxes that are in the corporations. If they destroy our deadspaces, all that will do is remove the free retriever program and probably free t6 (oh no). They require their alliance members to create isk to buy ships at cost, and they're in deep null where they have to source minerals, build ships, and stage ships. We have none of those problems, and by myself I can build 100 omens in 4 hours, and I have a 10 b mineral stockpile to feed from, and I have pubbie mineral suppliers that will supply us with 10b in minerals on the drop of a dime because I'm not a loving idiot capitalist, and have built win/win relationships with pubbies.

So, we have racists to blow up, we have a station to blow up, and we have an alliance to cascade failure into oblivion.

As for Deklein, NORF has offered us to move into the space and be friendly neighbors with them. We are probably leaning towards it, but currently that would be a huge game changing decision for us. It is not casual gameplay. It sometimes cannot be fun. We have real logistic problems for manufacturing that we will have to solve. We are not going to make this decision anytime soon, and definitely not before we remove the current tenants, so do not fret.

So go harvest some racist tears.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Will my skills at losing t3 cruisers in big eve in hilarious fashion translate to this game? Please circle: yes no

Halt!
Oct 11, 2008

xxEightxx posted:

Will my skills at losing t3 cruisers in big eve in hilarious fashion translate to this game? Please circle: yes no

yes, you can lose all sorts of ships hilariously from the comfort of your own bathroom

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

nevermind, the REKI CEO has doubled down and called me prejudice, so setting them to red.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

lmaooooo

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

also I give you guys about 10 minutes before the REKI CEO posts a large defense and gets himself probated again

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

WAR! WOO HOO!

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Khris Kruel posted:

also I give you guys about 10 minutes before the REKI CEO posts a large defense and gets himself probated again

Gotta earn that J4Diplo title somehow

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Did anyone tell him the way to avoid that is to make an introduction post in gbs or we keeping that from him hoping he won’t notice?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Just started and have basically no clue what I’m doing but I’m blowing up smaller ships and saving up for a bigger ship and that feels sorta right I guess

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
I really do love this game more and more. Threads like this really bring the community [HONK] together. Keep up the good work random non-geese who can't read this.

There's an old story around on the internet that we should never forget as well.
"I work with a guy from Mexico who doesn't speak a lot of English. A Canadian goose made a nest by one of the paddock gates and hissed at him while he was putting horses out. He comes back to us after and says, "I do not like the cobra chicken."

Never forget we are also cobra chicken.

Completely unrelated: Do we have a map or something so we can find the faction (SoE, etc.) ship debris?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

Did anyone tell him the way to avoid that is to make an introduction post in gbs or we keeping that from him hoping he won’t notice?

I mean, if you want him to get probated again sure, but FYAD is where our welcome wagon usually lands.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

corgski posted:

I mean, if you want him to get probated again sure, but FYAD is where our welcome wagon usually lands.

Why would you tell them this? Now they know how to get blue with us!

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

SoE/Mordus faction ship debris is not in the game yet

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

pixaal posted:

Why would you tell them this? Now they know how to get blue with us!

Blame Jeffery for declaring that mods can't scam. I don't like it either.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

corgski posted:

Blame Jeffery for declaring that mods can't scam. I don't like it either.

Well technically you can blame Koala March for that lol.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Well technically you can blame Koala March for that lol.

:vince:

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Khris Kruel posted:

Literally the worst words typed by a nerd in like a decade

At any point do you stop and ask if maybe you are the baddies? Just saying man - in life it can't be all everyone else's fault. We're not out to get you, there's no racist conspiracy, free markets aren't causing autism, and maybe if you could just play a game instead of dwelling on some self-perceived meta-safe space everyone could actually get along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm glad I finally get to experience eve on the toilet