Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Benne posted:

Also the final drive was inexplicably filled with RB dumpoffs in the middle of the field when Dak has been roasting our CBs all day

I mean, if Metcalf walks in, it’s not a game.

If Tre makes that interception, it’s not a game.

Hell, if Russ throws that check down accurately for the easy third down, it’s not a game.

McCarthy was kind of a dork but Seattle had some enormous choking of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The dude that tackled Carson was clearly trying to hurt him, that was a intentional roll while on the ground holding his ankle.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy. All run and no pass makes Russ a dull boy.

Let's be honest: passing makes Russ a dull boy, too.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

love my unloveable robot qb

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Russell Wilson Bullshit or no, you guys would've lost that game if the Cowboys hadn't choked themselves to death with penalties.

Of course but the nfl plays so little games in a season there is a lot of chaos, the “best” team doesn’t always win the game or the superbowl especially with one game playoffs, let the salt flow so Russ can cook

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Russell Wilson Bullshit or no, you guys would've lost that game if the Cowboys hadn't choked themselves to death with penalties.

The team that pulled a dirty knee dislocation on Carson is going to draw a lot of flags, you are correct. If they played defense better, they would have won - if the refs don't call anything, they get away with playing defense as bad as they did.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

DariusLikewise posted:

The dude that tackled Carson was clearly trying to hurt him, that was a intentional roll while on the ground holding his ankle.

Yeah that poo poo deserves a suspension but won't even get a second look.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

DariusLikewise posted:

I watch football by myself because I'm an insufferable oaf and I was telling my dang TV this same thing. Of course, Aikman watches it in slow-motion and just sounds totally confused about how Carson could've possibly gotten hurt.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

The other camera angle makes it look even worse

https://twitter.com/Dakarai_Turner/status/1310369790394015744

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DancingMachine posted:

Yeah that poo poo deserves a suspension but won't even get a second look.

Fine him the equivalent of Carson's salary for the time he's out.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Thankfully it looks like it wasn't as bad as it could be

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1310608169681461250

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Its Rinaldo posted:

Fantastic news, though they should just rest him against Miami.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lifespan posted:

Fantastic news, though they should just rest him against Miami.

Agreed

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rest everyone who's hurt and make it a harrowing last second loss to the Dolphins

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

Good gently caress the cowboys and their dirty players.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mustached Demon posted:

Good gently caress the cowboys

Not an emptyquote

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Good gently caress the cowboys and their dirty players.

More and more media today are reporting on how hosed that tackle was and Carroll called it out at his news conference. Don't get me wrong, at most they will put a little fine out there, but at least it isn't being ignored.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Well Jordan Reed is on IR, and Dee Ford may have to go on IR.

Shocking I know.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

MakaVillian posted:

Shocking I know.

drat you guys are cursed

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

Shocking I know.

Well, remember that IR is only 3 weeks this year, at least.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

49ers legend checks notes Ross Dwelley?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Leperflesh posted:

49ers legend checks notes Ross Dwelley?
Kittle should be back next week so it'll be 49ers legend.... Ziggy Ansah???

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MakaVillian posted:

Kittle should be back next week so it'll be 49ers legend.... Ziggy Ansah???

Can't wait for him to get burnt by a McCown again

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I kinda feel sorry for the 49ers, but given how they rolled over the Giants and have the Eagles and Dolphins next, I think they will be alright. It's a roll of the dice after that, but it looks like a lot of the team will be back before that Seahawks and Green Bay in 5 days thing.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks are once again all in on depending on Russell playing out of his mind to carry the team.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Keith Atherton posted:

Seahawks are once again all in on depending on Russell playing out of his mind to carry the team.

While I wish it wasn't 100% on his shoulders, I would not pick another player in the league for that position.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I almost feel like you could start a Patrick Maholmes Bull poo poo movement much like RWBS and no one would argue

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

kensei posted:

I almost feel like you could start a Patrick Maholmes Bull poo poo movement much like RWBS and no one would argue

That would imply the Chiefs are ever down far enough to need it.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

So many people on Seahawks Reddit are saying that the secondary was the problem with the defense.

What.

The problem with Seattle’s defense is clearly the line.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

That would imply the Chiefs are ever down far enough to need it.

I meant more that he makes something out of nothing, but I see what you mean

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

So many people on Seahawks Reddit are saying that the secondary was the problem with the defense.

What.

The line sucks but the corners were pretty dang bad yesterday.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

What.

Did you not watch Tre Flowers be less effective than a hole on coverage would have been?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

What.

Why not both?

Shaquill has not looked like a guy you pay CB1 money and Tre Flowers is still Tre Flowers. I was really surprised at how little Quandre Diggs factored into the game yesterday, his job is to limit explosives and they gave up 19 of the loving things. They're in trouble pretty much everywhere except SS and MLB.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Seahawks defence isn't that bad. Dallas offense is pretty good.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
No, Seahawks defense is not doing well. The CBs are way short of expectations and the DL is hurt. Diggs is not doing well so far this season. Wright and Wagner are doing their thing. Adams is killing it, so I hope his injury is short term.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 29, 2020

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Did you not watch Tre Flowers be less effective than a hole on coverage would have been?

Did you not watch Dak sit in the pocket, unpressured, for 6 seconds, almost every drop back.

Tre did okay, all things considered.

We had a bunch of backups in the secondary, we had a bunch of starters in the DL. Both did poorly, but the secondary is gonna get Dunbar and Adams back. The DL has Green coming back and that’s it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle's defense is ranked dead last, lmao come on. Yeah they can stop the run but every team knows that so they just pass on us all day.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

What.

They all smelly

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Yeah, and it’s mainly because Seattle has a bottom 3 defensive line pass rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Yeah, and it’s mainly because Seattle has a bottom 3 defensive line pass rush.

It’s both. You’ve got a stud at strong safety and a decent partner for him, but your corners are playing like JAGs so the line doesn’t get coverage sacks. At the same time the line is bad so your weak corners have to cover for way too long.

I do agree that the line is a bigger problem because building a great secondary is much harder than building a strong DL. One impact player on the line is often all you need because it forces the OL to double team them or otherwise shift resources to account for them and creates weaknesses elsewhere. Meanwhile one great player in the secondary might be able to shut down the number one receiver but any decent team will just throw at the weakest link over and over again. It’s just way easier for an offense to scheme around a good player in the secondary vs on the line.