Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Got tired of my butt/back hurting from this chair I found in the literal garbage back in college so I ordered a Gesture. Thankfully my corp has a pricing deal with Steelcase so it wasnt as painful as it could be. I got a Craigslist special a couple of years back and loved it, but the wife has laid claim and good drat luck finding one used even before Rona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Doing rim 2 rim 2 rim in the Grand Canyon next week so I got a new pack and some carbon poles

Pack will hold my emergency supplies, a few cheeseburgers and waffles, and plenty of water. Poles are super light and will be clipped on the back when I'm down in the canyon and only used for the ascents/descents. Taking a film camera too so I grabbed a few rolls of 35mm for that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

Its right in the name...

It looks like a current box, not an ex box though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TraderStav posted:

Really interested in this, but I have a rule of never buying first gen products and I feel it's very overpriced at the moment. I'm VERY interested in seeing where this concept goes as it seems like the perfect little work communicator, especially since I'm an Office 365/Teams company.

I skipped the first generation version too. This one is really refined and Samsung's 4th folding phone.

Most of the population will have foldables in about five years.

Coredump posted:

Which phone is this?

The worst name, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G.

The obvious letter for foldables would have been V but maybe it doesn't work in Korean??

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Sep 22, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I don't really know why I bought it. Maybe because I heard how difficult it was to get one, and Best Buy restocked them right as I logged on to buy an Air Purifier

Their list of exclusive games is... not exciting

They just bought Bethesda so if you care about Doom/Fallout/Skyrim/Wolfenstein/Dishonored etc it's pretty exciting now.

I got one too. And a ps5. Gonna need a bigger TV stand.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bottom Liner posted:

Doing rim 2 rim 2 rim in the Grand Canyon next week so I got a new pack and some carbon poles

Pack will hold my emergency supplies, a few cheeseburgers and waffles, and plenty of water. Poles are super light and will be clipped on the back when I'm down in the canyon and only used for the ascents/descents. Taking a film camera too so I grabbed a few rolls of 35mm for that.

Very cool! Have a great hike, and bring plenty of water :)

You doing overnight anywhere? Or are you just doing one one way and shuttling back? Have you hiked out that way before?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I'm going r2r2r in one day. Full loop. Only carrying 48oz and a filter because there are ample water supplies along the way (I'll double check with the rangers before starting to make sure that's still accurate). I did a 100k at Zion with a lot more elevation in worse weather so this should be pretty great in comparison.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm going r2r2r in one day. Full loop. Only carrying 48oz and a filter because there are ample water supplies along the way (I'll double check with the rangers before starting to make sure that's still accurate). I did a 100k at Zion with a lot more elevation in worse weather so this should be pretty great in comparison.

Jesus, I had to look this up, 21 miles minimum and something like 4,500+ feet elevation lost and gained. And you're bringing 1.5 liters of water. That is psychotic.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Magic Underwear posted:

Jesus, I had to look this up, 21 miles minimum and something like 4,500+ feet elevation lost and gained

that's just one way :v: I'm doing an out and back. The numbers are 49.73mi 13,371ft elevation gain!

quote:

And you're bringing 1.5 liters of water. That is psychotic.

I'll be refilling that ~3-4 times! There are up to 10 potable water sources available (some are seasonal) and the trail mostly goes along the river and I'll have a Sawyer filter.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bottom Liner posted:

that's just one way :v: I'm doing an out and back. The numbers are 49.73mi 13,371ft elevation gain!

I'll be refilling that ~3-4 times! There are up to 10 potable water sources available (some are seasonal) and the trail mostly goes along the river and I'll have a Sawyer filter.

Depending which trail youre doing, I believe Indian Gardens has a potable supply (if the water lines havent busted, which they occasionally do). Otherwise Id skip the sawyer and do something like aquapure tabs as the Colorado River is pretty sediment heavy and will clog up that filter right quick.

Otherwise... jesus... that is superhuman, you are well into ultramarathonner territory

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You should get a cart to carry your supplies and to prompt other people hiking by to talk to you about your cause. Maybe write a book about it after the fact. :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

Otherwise... jesus... that is superhuman, you are well into ultramarathonner territory

Yeah Ive done two ultras so this isnt quite as crazy. Thanks for the heads up on the sediment Ill throw tabs in the bag too.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Dumb lairy Adidas x Lego ZXs

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bape Culture posted:

Dumb lairy Adidas x Lego ZXs

I had to Google for a better picture.

I love them. You did so good.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Your shoe purchase is so much cooler than mine

Finally completely destroyed my hiking boots out in the Badlands and needed new ones.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought some more stuff for the new car, to keep in the emergency kit: duct tape, first aid kit, flashlight, and an escape tool. Oh and micellar water for my face.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The wife picked up one of those car escape thingies a bit back and we got to test it on a scrapper at the local pull-a-part. They work amazingly well, she's tiny and popped a window with no effort.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Casu Marzu posted:

Your shoe purchase is so much cooler than mine

Finally completely destroyed my hiking boots out in the Badlands and needed new ones.

Those the new Quest4D's? :nice:

Content:

Arc'teryx Atom AR hoody to replace my old LT. Supposed to be heavier duty so it should handle being out in the PNW a little better.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
No pictures yet but bought a new AC system because the old units were 16 years old and the fan seized up last night, dumping a bunch of smoke into the house.

Its 106 outside and 91 inside currently 😭

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

duffmensch posted:

No pictures yet but bought a new AC system because the old units were 16 years old and the fan seized up last night, dumping a bunch of smoke into the house.

It’s 106 outside and 91 inside currently 😭

We had to do that too. We have a 3k sqft house so it was like buying a nice used car. 0% financing at least.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

god this blows posted:

We had to do that too. We have a 3k sqft house so it was like buying a nice used car. 0% financing at least.

We knew it was on its last legs last year but the Rona hit before we could get it replaced in the spring and then its been bouncing between 110 to 120 for the past 4 months (yay desert life!) which meant it wasnt an option as weve got older cats that dont travel well and small kids.

Looking forward to those lower utility bills to offset the cost and took them up on the 0% option as well. Decided to upgrade to the whole house filtration system with UV-C since why not? :3:

Edit: weird, Ive got quotation marks that are being removed when posting.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Those the new Quest4D's? :nice:

Content:

Arc'teryx Atom AR hoody to replace my old LT. Supposed to be heavier duty so it should handle being out in the PNW a little better.

Yep. My old Quest 4Ds died after 6 years, got 4D 3s now. They're so comfy right out of the box.

Arc'teryx stuff is so dope, I wish I did enough to justify the price

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I got this hoodie with some written poo poo in Chinese which I hope it's not "cuckold" or "asswipe" or something. I dig it.

(It's "lemon tea" and other stuff from a lemon tea package)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My entire state is on fire so there's good deals on fire pits

Yukon 27" with stand, cover, and spark screen. The missus has been wanting a firepit for ages and this seems to be a great one!

This finally arrived and oh my god it's the greatest thing ever. I'm praying for colder weather to arrive because I was sweating my balls off using it in 60 degree weather.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pant. I wish I was Errolson

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

These pants looks good, the website I found for these pants is atrocious and I'm too old to figure it out.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Am 100% down with comfy and useful pants trend. gently caress jeans, there is very little comfortable or useful about them, especially in hot weather. Id rather wear my nylon hiking pants or gym shorts errywhere.

The one good thing to come from covid

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I am deeply concerned about whatever jeans you are buying that arent extremely comfortable.

Do we do recommendations here? Anyone have some fall/winter pants to wear around the house? I had a pair of knit sweatpants I enjoyed but the quality was suspect and they wore out before long. Good pockets a must.

Warbird has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Sep 28, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Bape Culture posted:

I looked up Errolson & I'm completely unsurprised he did a brief stint at Arc'teryx.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

obi_ant posted:

These pants looks good, the website I found for these pants is atrocious and I'm too old to figure it out.

Is the website you found just the Nike one? I think it's pretty straightforward: https://www.nike.com/t/acg-mens-woven-cargo-pants-1mjNlw

Warbird posted:

Do we do recommendations here? Anyone have some fall/winter pants to wear around the house? I had a pair of knit sweatpants I enjoyed but the quality was suspect and they wore out before long. Good pockets a must.

For general comfortable athleisure, Outdoor Voices Sunday Sweats are good.
For very warm but kind of dumb looking (but, again, very cozy), Patagonia has fleece pants for the wintertime that I'd also recommend.

Those 2 make up 90% of my around the house pants in Fall/Winter.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Warbird posted:

I've never enjoyed denim and almost all my pants have cargo pockets, which became a boon once cell phones kept getting bigger. For comfy and warm house pants I have two pair of these. Super cheap so they bead up quickly but that's pretty normal for sweatpants I assume. Lasted me quite a while so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W2J6Y9D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gXJCFb2YQT95X

Speaking of comfy stuff, my cheap izod slippers that have never provided enough padding for all our hardwood floors even with inserts are starting to split, so I ordered some timberland slippers off eBay. I feel like anytime I spend over an hour researching what to buy I get sick of reading conflicting reviews of how great/horrible every item is and just buy something with no reviews from a brand I've had good experience with other things.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

foutre posted:

Is the website you found just the Nike one? I think it's pretty straightforward: https://www.nike.com/t/acg-mens-woven-cargo-pants-1mjNlw

That was not the site I was looking at. But... bro $180 for pants? They worth the money?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I dont want to shop shame, but those pants are loving horrible looking. I mean holy poo poo those cargo pockets :barf:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

1redflag posted:

I don’t want to shop shame, but those pants are loving horrible looking. I mean holy poo poo those cargo pockets :barf:

Sounds like you do want to shop shame.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Slimy Hog posted:

Sounds like you do want to shop shame.

Sometimes you don't want to, but someone has to tell people those look loving ridiculous

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Just like every single sneaker that gets posted in here, I think those pants look very nice and are things you'd get at KMart.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Can never go wrong with Roots sweatpants. The quintessential Canadian autumn/winter lounge pants.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

MA-Horus posted:

Can never go wrong with Roots sweatpants. The quintessential Canadian autumn/winter lounge pants.

I loved my Roots sweatsuit right up until someone squirted a whole bottle of ballpark mustard all over it at a ski chalet. Would buy another one in a heartbeat.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The only acceptable stylish casual wear is a proper leisure suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I love jeans and Duluth Trading has made some nice stuff. Their product line changes so my favorite type aren't available right now, but they might have something you'd like.