Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I know people who refuse to wear them because "it's uncomfortable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RustyKnight posted:

Same but condoms

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHYO-pauOcg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So what do we do about that guy on every Zoom call who has a smoke detector chirping in his house that he's just tuned out after eight months of it being on a dead battery

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I know a few rednecks who still don't wear seatbelts. Stupid is as stupid does.

My own father refuses to wear a seat belt to this day because he insists that if he were to ever crash into a lake or river, the seat belt will constrain him and cause him to drown. I have wasted hours of my life explaining to him how unlikely of a situation this is and even if it's a real worry, how there are infinitely better ways of dealing with it beside "don't wear seat belt that will save your life in a wide variety of far more common situations".

I think it was maybe a more divisive issue back when seat belts just started becoming mandatory. Some just hold on to their position no matter what.

Isaacs Alter Ego has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Sep 28, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

My father refuses to wear a seat belt to this day because he insists that if he were to ever crash into a lake or river, the seat belt will constrain him and cause him to drown. I have wasted hours of my life explaining to him how unlikely of a situation this is and even if it's a real worry, how there are infinitely better ways of dealing with it beside "don't wear seat belt that will save your life in a wide variety of far more common situations".

A seat belt can be unbuckled pretty easily, even underwater, that's kind of a key feature

Here I'm reminded of Mitch Hedberg's bit about being a fire hazard if he stands blocking the exit at the theater

"As though if there was a fire, I would not run"

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Data Graham posted:

A seat belt can be unbuckled pretty easily, even underwater, that's kind of a key feature

Here I'm reminded of Mitch Hedberg's bit about being a fire hazard if he stands blocking the exit at the theater

"As though if there was a fire, I would not run"

Oh believe me I have gone over the finer points of "Just unbuckle the goddamned thing" over and over again. He maintains that the 1/2 second delay of pressing the button will end in his demise.

I think it's one of those things where you start with an unjustifiable position (I don't want to wear a seatbelt because it's slightly uncomfortable) and then work backwards to try and justify it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Data Graham posted:

So what do we do about that guy on every Zoom call who has a smoke detector chirping in his house that he's just tuned out after eight months of it being on a dead battery

tell him you heard his pilot light go out then hope he does the rest. if he has an electric stove you can do nothing.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

RustyKnight posted:

I had a girlfriend who would only wear lap belts because apparently shoulder belts suck when you have enormous boobs.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I had a girlfriend who would only wear lap belts because apparently shoulder belts suck when you have enormous boobs.

I don’t wear helmets because of my giant brain.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Oh believe me I have gone over the finer points of "Just unbuckle the goddamned thing" over and over again. He maintains that the 1/2 second delay of pressing the button will end in his demise.

I think it's one of those things where you start with an unjustifiable position (I don't want to wear a seatbelt because it's slightly uncomfortable) and then work backwards to try and justify it.

Does he maintain this position even when he is driving nowhere near a body of water?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I only wear shoulder belts because lap belts suck when you have an enormous dick.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ranbo das posted:

I only wear shoulder belts because lap belts suck when you have an enormous dick.

If it was really enormous, the shoulder belt would also be a problem

Luckily by ballsack acts as an airbag

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

snergle posted:

tell him you heard his pilot light go out then hope he does the rest. if he has an electric stove you can do nothing.

I am struggling to imagine the chain of events that you're proposing would happen from this comment.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

My own father refuses to wear a seat belt to this day because he insists that if he were to ever crash into a lake or river, the seat belt will constrain him and cause him to drown. I have wasted hours of my life explaining to him how unlikely of a situation this is and even if it's a real worry, how there are infinitely better ways of dealing with it beside "don't wear seat belt that will save your life in a wide variety of far more common situations".

I think it was maybe a more divisive issue back when seat belts just started becoming mandatory. Some just hold on to their position no matter what.

Stories like this and others just remind me that we're really just barely intelligent apes who's threat assessment process begins and ends at "will this lion eat me y/n".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
As the lion opens the car door and leaps toward me, I ruminate on the folly of wearing my seatbelt at Discount Lion Safari Park.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

My own father refuses to wear a seat belt to this day because he insists that if he were to ever crash into a lake or river, the seat belt will constrain him and cause him to drown.

Does he drive very close to large bodies of water on a regular basis?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you're welcome

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Data Graham posted:

if it's chriping it means it's still live

onite
Oct 15, 2012

Getting caught up on this thread (I'm way behind, obviously), but seeing this in September of 2020, all I can say is "oof".

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Thanks.

I still don't know what that is.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks.

its a buttfor

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks.

The thing is a capo, used for holding down strings on a guitar to make playing chords in higher keys easier.

The logo I don't know about, some nerd poo poo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker posted:

its a buttfor

buttfor deez nuts go I

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

One More Fat Nerd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1g2yKxb0I

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

BonHair posted:

The thing is a capo, used for holding down strings on a guitar to make playing chords in higher keys easier.

The logo I don't know about, some nerd poo poo.

It’s this new band The Apex twins,you’ve probably not heard of them.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

you're welcome

Tyvm and to the op but I wanted to send that to someone so yeah

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And I raaan, I ran so far awaaayaya, IWILLEATYOURSOUL

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Why would you listen to a new band when Cream existed?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

https://youtu.be/cjryvX4v0B4

Just in case people weren’t sure.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Drunks was a far superior album to Spyro.

The Window Washer video is still the best.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

hahahah wow she gets it

thanks psychedelics!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

And I raaan, I ran so far awaaayaya, IWILLEATYOURSOUL

COME

TO

DADD-EE!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
v

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Not sure super sure what is happening rn in Armenia but I grew up with a bunch of Armenians in california and they were all cool and nice, so I hope things get better for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Does your dad live near any lakes and/or rivers?

Is your dad an alligator living in a swamp in florida?