Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
That sucks man- you were just a kid, but I understand why that event would teneciously keep coming back.

Hopefully you can work with yourself not give that a negative association when it comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You're lucky, my mom still gives me poo poo about a stocking stuffer that she thinks I stole like 23 years ago.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LifeSunDeath posted:

My reading comprehension was pretty poor and my mother has a similar name to myself. We had a bunch of gifts under the tree, so many that I started peeling off gifts from under the tree a week or two before xmas, secretly opening them in my room, and no one noticed. Since I couldn't read very well, I ended up opening a bunch that were meant for my mom, poo poo like porcelain figurines and stuff that at the time I was really confused about why I was getting this as a gift but kept going. Eventually I was discovered since I'd significantly thinned out the present bounty. I ended up breaking a bunch of the gifts on accident because I as just cramming everything in this area behind my toychest. I still feel really bad about even though I'm the only one who remembers or cares.

As a 7 year old, you were not the problem. The idea of presents just loitering around under the tree for more than a week is frankly bizarre to me. They should all show up at once Christmas morning.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Beachcomber posted:

As a 7 year old, you were not the problem. The idea of presents just loitering around under the tree for more than a week is frankly bizarre to me. They should all show up at once Christmas morning.

No it was legit. We would open all the extended family gifts christmas eve, then get the good mom gifts on christmas morning, which weren't put out until then. I have tons of great xmas memories, but that one year I did a bad so hard it filed me with lifelong guilt. Brains are weird and stupid most of the time.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

the big ones from santa come on christmas eve but gifts from/to family build up over the course of the month

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

No it was legit. We would open all the extended family gifts christmas eve, then get the good mom gifts on christmas morning, which weren't put out until then. I have tons of great xmas memories, but that one year I did a bad so hard it filed me with lifelong guilt. Brains are weird and stupid most of the time.

This is the proper way to do it because our rule is "you can open gifts after Christmas Eve dinner" and then I sit there and torment the kids by really savoring that meal.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Push El Burrito posted:

This is the proper way to do it because our rule is "you can open gifts after Christmas Eve dinner" and then I sit there and torment the kids by really savoring that meal.

Eat your pea, Push El Burrito

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How the gently caress do Santa's presents get there Cristmas Eve.

Also I think opening presents the night before is a German tradition.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ZixTheYeti posted:

He used to be. The show established that he’s an ex-terminator after all. :haw:

boooooo

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Baron von Eevl posted:

You're lucky, my mom still gives me poo poo about a stocking stuffer that she thinks I stole like 23 years ago.

...you did, didn't you

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

The wrapped gifts beneath the tree are from friends/family/etc. The unwrapped gifts that appear on the mantle after you go to bed are from Santa.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Skwirl posted:

We did a cultural thing in like third grade and I only remember getting candy in my shoe from the HS German Class.

Then in HS German we made special tree cookies and that's most of what I remember from 20 years ago when I was president of the German Honor Society that I don't remember the name of.

I remembered a surprising amount when I was actually in Germany, though. :)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do you guys think the transmorgifier will be a big reset button for this story arc?

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Skwirl posted:

It is also a Czech thing. The Christkind brings them in the evening. As a parent you have to find a way to make the presents appear under the Christmas tree when the children aren't looking. In my family we would go throw sparklers from the balcony after dinner and some adult would stay behind and put the presents under the tree, light up the candles and ring a bell. It was quite nice.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beachcomber posted:

The presents are as much decorations as the tree and must be displayed through the whole month

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

The most effective cure I know for embarrassing childhood memories is being around children that age and remembering that they're all loving stupid crackhead morons with zero inhibition and nothing they do actually matters, even the smart ones. My nephews "ruin" things all the time and I still love them, maybe even more so because of it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

World Famous W posted:

The presents are as much decorations as the tree and must be displayed through the whole month

Agreed, which is also why I no longer support the idea of giving children pets for Christmas.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

World Famous W posted:

Just have a bunch of superbly wrapped empty boxes that you can haul out every year.

It also comes in really handy if one of the kids acts up because you can go "I WARNED YOU OF THE CONSEQUENCES!!!" and throw one of the fake presents into the fireplace, telling them it was of theirs

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Same, but replace kids with wives and presents with kids

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

e, jesus christ, I just realized this wasn't the deviant art thread...sorry.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Sep 28, 2020

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

LifeSunDeath posted:

horrorterror

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hey everybody, check out this goodbrain over here

marshmallow creep posted:

loving lol if you aren't haunted by your infancy

The trick is to suppress every memory older than a week. Intellectually, I assume that I was a child once and it stands to reason I did things back then. Besides, it's 2020, so every week feels like decades.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
In all my years on SA, I had never reported a post. Until today.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

undelete it you coward

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Post the uncropped version.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

Post the uncropped version.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Aw gently caress I was late to the party :smith:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

What a wonderful gift

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:eyepop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Feature request: allow images to be thread titles

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That snowman has a name and it is Olaf and he is well hung.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

undelete it you coward

I legit posted it here accidentally, otherwise I would, if you want to see it pop over to the deviant art thread.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1310692748245180416?s=21

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

boar guy posted:

the big ones from santa come on christmas eve but gifts from/to family build up over the course of the month

Santa should only bring cheap little trinkets, that way Timmy doesn't have to wonder why he only got a baseball glove but Johnny got an Xbox Series X with 8 games

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Len posted:

Santa should only bring cheap little trinkets, that way Timmy doesn't have to wonder why he only got a baseball glove but Johnny got an Xbox Series X with 8 games

Also, if I had a kid and I was able to spoil them like that, I'm not letting some fat gently caress in a red suit get the credit for that poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Also, if I had a kid and I was able to spoil them like that, I'm not letting some fat gently caress in a red suit get the credit for that poo poo.

Oh what colour is your suit then?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Martian posted:

...you did, didn't you

Of course I did, but all she knows is a set of magnet poetry went missing or she lost it, but it was definitely me.

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Sep 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Baron von Eevl posted:

a set of magnet pretty went missing our she lost it

you feeling okay bud?