Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Do you really need a chapter showing Pig God finding everyone and eating them? Like he will 100% redraw to show it, but its like not necessary...you get the story telling from this chapter.. he found everyone and ate them..

I agree that we probably have enough to connect the dots. But I would say there is no question that any manga would describe the events that have:
- Iaian slashing his way out of the barrier to save the mercenaries
- Pig God escaping from Gums and either intervening in the Zombie Man fight, or at least finding his remains in the rubble
- Pig God finding and rescuing everyone and getting back to the surface without further assistance.

graham cracker posted:

Just picture a pacman level but pacman is pig god and the dots are heroes and the ghosts are cadres and you've got an idea of what went down. Also the dig dug music is playing.

And if we got this 100% verbatim, that would be incredible!

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I imagine that Pig God does eventually win his match against Gums though, even though the last we saw of the fight Pig God was looking dire.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Did I have a stroke? Because I swear I remember a chapter showing Pig God getting away from mouth thing and eyeballing the fallen heroes.

e: Must have been because I can't find it now. Still, we DID see the shield thing protect him and saving some people off-screen isn't too weird as a series short-hand. Maybe we'll get a flashback chapter for filler.

Plek fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 28, 2020

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's especially funny because in the webcomic all this poo poo happened and it was concise, to the point, and kept all dramatic tension + comedic timing. I can't really think of any character beats that were expanded or changed too much. The redraw is bloated as hell. It's like if in mob psycho, when they infiltrate the psychic base, the anime decided to add about 10 different psychic dudes for them to fight on top of the people they are already up against, and these take up 10 episodes.

Also unfortunately now I'm not going to get a Murata redraw of a panel I really liked due to the changes.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I enjoy the diverse cast of a bunch of heroes with silly powers but yeah... no need to show ALL of them fighting/doing stuff

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 29, 2020

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ZZZorcerer posted:

I enjoy the diverse cast of a bunch of heroes with silly powers but yeah... no need to show ALL of them fighting/doing stuff

You're right! We need to shift some focus on civilians trying to survive these crises.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Plek posted:

Did I have a stroke? Because I swear I remember a chapter showing Pig God getting away from mouth thing and eyeballing the fallen heroes.

e: Must have been because I can't find it now. Still, we DID see the shield thing protect him and saving some people off-screen isn't too weird as a series short-hand. Maybe we'll get a flashback chapter for filler.

I think Tornado fished him out with her psychic powers when retrieving all the heroes from monster HQ

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

graham cracker posted:

Just picture a pacman level but pacman is pig god and the dots are heroes and the ghosts are cadres and you've got an idea of what went down. Also the dig dug music is playing.
In the original ONE webcomic and I think at this point the plot has changed enough that I can talk about it, when Tornado brings the house down and everyone is stuck in the rubble Supershine Alloy and PPPrisoner use their muscles to basically swim through the rubble to rescue everyone.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even by comedic muscle magic standards.

but on the other hand, it's a very succinct solution and not everything needs to be explained in detail.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Tank Top Master is my friend.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

CannonFodder posted:

In the original ONE webcomic and I think at this point the plot has changed enough that I can talk about it, when Tornado brings the house down and everyone is stuck in the rubble Supershine Alloy and PPPrisoner use their muscles to basically swim through the rubble to rescue everyone.

Less PPP, more Pig God? A good change.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Would Super Alloy get an insane power level increase if he started training wearing a tank top?!?!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That trick with the electric tower is some Thor and Mjolnir magic. I love it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Raw:
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13933686331716558082

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well
Well well well

look who just showed up

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I don't read Japanese, but it feels almost like a one second long flashback.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

And translations:
https://guya.moe/proxy/imgur/QhQijGx/1/1/

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I have no idea what that means, but it feels huge.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
holy poo poo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, Saitama had a way fancier costume back in the day.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alacron posted:

holy poo poo

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Short but sweet.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well
Well well well

look who just showed up

was that... who i think it was?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sally posted:

was that... who i think it was?

Louis de Guiringaud, French minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs from 1976 to November 29, 1978?

No.

I'm pretty sure that's Blast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, you all finaly get to meet [spoiler]king[spoiler]

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
huh? i was wondering why the dude from Berserk is in OPM

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
so blast's absence and sweet masks PTSD are obviously linked huh

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We're going to find out Blast is to blame for everything wrong with the world.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

chiasaur11 posted:

Louis de Guiringaud, French minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs from 1976 to November 29, 1978?

So when is he finally showing up!? Why do I even read this manga?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

cant cook creole bream posted:

So when is he finally showing up!? Why do I even read this manga?

He must be in the webcomic

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

He must be in the webcomic

He was but Murata's version skipped past it and now he's replaced with Drive Knight

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Shocking reveal aside (which was very cool) I love the set up and follow through of Drive Knight recharging. Whatever people want to say about the redraw vs the original, Murata gives everything such a sense of immense scale.

"How powerful is Saitama's jump?" Well he left a visible crater on the moon.
"How crazy are Tatsukami's powers?" She seemingly bent space time or gravity for a moment.
"How much energy does Drive Knight need?" Why do you even care about them but... like numerous city blocks?

It's beautiful and really gives a sense of insane grandeur when Saitama just hand waves it all and shows people up.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

there's no mystery about who the dude was, his name is on his costume

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lmao i didnt bother zooming in with my phone. so it is.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Blast so strong he actually got to choose his own name.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gologle posted:

I have no idea what that means, but it feels huge.

Sweet Mask having a breakdown is indeed a huge deal.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I immediately followed up "It's fine now." with "Because I am here." I wonder how well All Might would do in the Heroes' Association.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Supersonic Shine posted:

I immediately followed up "It's fine now." with "Because I am here." I wonder how well All Might would do in the Heroes' Association.

Dude's got strong Brand Energy, he'd do just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all might non-lethally beats up people. the heroes of the association kill monsters. all might's too nice a guy to hang with such ruthless folks such as the guy with the oversized kendama.