Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

is there a site that shows the current expansion for all the progression servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
Anyone playing on E-Marr/Nameless? I’ve got a 107 SK with a 106 enchanter box trying to push to 115

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

blatman posted:

is there a site that shows the current expansion for all the progression servers?

Allas has it here

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

much appreciated!

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Man I decided to go warrior instead of sk on my fv boxes and I really miss how much easier holding aggro as a mid 60s sk is. My warrior is struggling to hold aggro off my zerker.

I will say this combo is great dps and im sure it will pay off eventually. I just miss how easy boxing casters with sk was.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Beo posted:

Man I decided to go warrior instead of sk on my fv boxes and I really miss how much easier holding aggro as a mid 60s sk is. My warrior is struggling to hold aggro off my zerker.

I will say this combo is great dps and im sure it will pay off eventually. I just miss how easy boxing casters with sk was.

Pull with Asystole, use either Dooming or Engulfing Darkness (use E if mana is an issue), and then hold the aggro during the fight with Terror of Thule/Terris.

At 69 you get Dread Gaze. You can pull with Terror of Discord, Terror of Thule, then Dread Gaze and you’ll be fine.

Zerker gets Distancing Strike at 48, Confusing Strike at 65, Baffling Strike at 69 as aggro dumps. Use those if you’re still having issues.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

koreban posted:

Pull with Asystole, use either Dooming or Engulfing Darkness (use E if mana is an issue), and then hold the aggro during the fight with Terror of Thule/Terris.

At 69 you get Dread Gaze. You can pull with Terror of Discord, Terror of Thule, then Dread Gaze and you’ll be fine.

Zerker gets Distancing Strike at 48, Confusing Strike at 65, Baffling Strike at 69 as aggro dumps. Use those if you’re still having issues.

Telling them about SK aggro tools probably doesn't help much if the issue is that they're finding holding aggro as a Warrior more difficult than on their SK.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that’s what I get for misreading the post while trying to take a break from kids and chaos at home.

For warrior: Use Incite for initial aggro, followed by Bellow of the Mastruq until you get Bazu Bellow at 69.

Epic 2.0 helps a ton, as does aug procs with stun components, or hate generation (like the LDoN) ones.

If you’re on Live, you might be better off using a warrior merc through level 70-75 and until you can get your epic 2.0.

Unfortunately dps scaling outpaces tank scaling without some itemization farming.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Thanks I think if I start using the zerker detaunt plus slap a couple wulfenite augs in that will help for now.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

did they add any new content to live in the past like 6 months? i'm guessing no, I checked the official forums and didn't find anything

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

blatman posted:

did they add any new content to live in the past like 6 months? i'm guessing no, I checked the official forums and didn't find anything

T3 raids might fall in that 6 month window, but as far as new content like GMM last year, no, not since the expansion released last December.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Thanks for the advice on my warrior tanking things have gotten a lot better I might even like it better than sk)(ok that's probably a lie) I like having all these discs to burn on bosses, between the ADPS from shaman/bard and zerker + warrior disc I am melting named in dragonscale hills.

The DoN anger augs helped a ton.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I last played during the PoP era.

If I want to mostly explore and do content from that era is my best bet finding a TLP server in that expansion, finding a private server in that expandion, it just running an EQEmu instance and seeing what I can get up to?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

GrayDorian posted:

I last played during the PoP era.

If I want to mostly explore and do content from that era is my best bet finding a TLP server in that expansion, finding a private server in that expandion, it just running an EQEmu instance and seeing what I can get up to?

You could also play on the Test server if you want all access, for free. If you're planning to just explore on your own and not looking to group or anything then it might be the way to go (it was for me).

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Is there a Discord/Guild with some Goons around ? .. may roll something on Firiona Vie or Bristlebane later tonight.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
50% exp bonus now active for 2 weeks !

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

mfny posted:

Is there a Discord/Guild with some Goons around ? .. may roll something on Firiona Vie or Bristlebane later tonight.

Nope

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am having that itch again to play Everquest, and was wanting to try my hand at multiboxing and playing pretty casually. I was wondering if knows of any good well written for newbie guides for HotKeyNet? I just want to 2 character multibox.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Unless something has changed hotkeynet has a hell of a bad time at sending keystrokes to background instances of EQ.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
You're just 2 boxing, you should be good with wineq2 and some macros.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

PriNGLeS posted:

Unless something has changed hotkeynet has a hell of a bad time at sending keystrokes to background instances of EQ.

I wouldn’t use it for background instances on the same PC, however I use it on truebox servers to upwards of 6 box. You can target the window to send the command to and it will set the focus to that window, which works complimentary with things like mousewithoutborders or input director that usually removes the focus when you mouse out of that particular window.

So the answer will really depend on whether it’s being used on a truebox server or a live server with multiple instances on the same pc.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

FranktheBank posted:

If any of what I said resonated with you, I would encourage you to try either Aradune or Mangler.

Aradune just released Kunark. Then next two expansions do not raise the level cap, 8-9 months. There is almost nothing in Kunark that is really pressing to see (Veeshan's Peak sucks). Plenty of time to catch up.

Mangler just released Omens of War. The level cap does not increase for 9 more months as well (not planned, just coincidence). Omen's raid is Anguish which will be farmed by guilds for the next 6+ months so gear shouldn't be an issue if you are patient.

The choice comes down to what era you want to see.

why no rizlona love? everything is cheap except kr which is expensive and we have plenty of solo / duo / trio boxers. not everyone is rolling 6 deep. we also tend to be nicer because we dont want to randomly have a gm pop ask in say if youre afk then ban you when you dont type no in <30s

is there a way to buy the old expansions i didnt buy collector editions? i saw they have a new expansion and in guild they were talking about how they make over half their revenue on expansions. if thats true it seems like they should offer collector packs for more then house of thule. is it to create false scarcity? im not sure if the whales who appreciate false scarcity are bigger then the randoms buying something because it looks cool at this point.

the only thing i can compare it to is ddo and in ddo they also make a large % of their money from expansion sales but they sell all of their expansions all the time because you dont get them for free eventually.

before i quit live forever ago i used to buy the collectors editions and i remember that robot pig mount was great and with luclin 6monthish away i was checking to see if i could go buy the ce for the pig but they only seem to offer the current one and house of thule.

snergle fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 21, 2020

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Sell me an IAP that officially changes the pronunciation of Luclin from LUCK-LYNN to LOOSE-LYNN.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s actually Luke-Lin

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RCarr posted:

It’s actually Luke-Lin

:yeah:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

RCarr posted:

It’s actually Luke-Lin

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

It’s actually Luke-Lin

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

BGrifter posted:

Sell me an IAP that officially changes the pronunciation of Luclin from LUCK-LYNN to LOOSE-LYNN.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BGrifter posted:

:hmmyes:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

anyone in the beta for the new expansion? I don't know if I want to bother resubbing to ask people in game or preordering to get in myself but i'm hugely curious about mob tuning even though it's still really early in testing, I sort of expect them to wildly overcorrect for how approachable tov was

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Curious on a status check for who is still playing and where. Velious just opened on the newest two TLPs and I've been sucked back into the nonsense of raiding with a group I played with on Coirnav.

I kind of expect within a year the game will be put onto maintenance mode and stop receiving expansions or updates, but I've had that same thought before. Guess they fired or lost several experienced devs and that seems extremely bad for a game this old, decrepit and complex.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’m on Mangler which is in Omens era. DoN opens next week.

I don’t know if I’ll stick with it long enough to get to current content, but the old stuff is still real fun.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I've been chilling with a small crew since kunark. We run around 35-45 people and try to punch above our weight without filling up the raid. It's good and cool so far.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Feel bad about double posting but lol the sleeper got awakened today on Aradune. That's EQ Baby had a standing agreement with every big guild that they'll be taking all the overworld spawns they can get, feel free to compete, but they wouldn't awaken the sleeper until later in the expansion. But if someone engaged the last warder, they would contest it to get the awakening kill.

Every guild was fine with this except the big EU guild, which engaged the 4th warder at 8 AM eastern. That's EQ Baby contested and killed it on day 4 of Velious.

Now I'm having to explain to my guild it sucks but lol it's just pixels and you should just move on and get over it.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Solarin posted:

Curious on a status check for who is still playing and where. Velious just opened on the newest two TLPs and I've been sucked back into the nonsense of raiding with a group I played with on Coirnav.

I kind of expect within a year the game will be put onto maintenance mode and stop receiving expansions or updates, but I've had that same thought before. Guess they fired or lost several experienced devs and that seems extremely bad for a game this old, decrepit and complex.

Which devs left?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Prathun is the one I know of specifically but I had heard there was more departures aside from just him

e: maybe Absor too?

Solarin fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 15, 2020

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Nah Absor is still here.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Anyone playing on Aradune? I just rolled a fresh Necro there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I’m on Aradune still. My necro is named geebsy , hit me up.