Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was watching a lovely horror film where the protagonist went to a vintage toy store and there's a loving Eternia set in the background. I think im a bit obsessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I was watching a lovely horror film where the protagonist went to a vintage toy store and there's a loving Eternia set in the background. I think im a bit obsessed.

I caught myself doing that re-watching the original Child's Play where Brad Dourif is stumbling around the toy store. It came out a bit late for He-Man I think, although I did catch the She-Ra Crystal Falls playset and the Ecto-1.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That looks pretty good and is cheap enough that I'll probably do that.

Of note, this is the throne that I'm talking about that is ~$700

The only part that gives me pause is the 2 part design with the "mold lines" (?) showing. :(

I saw a 3d printed and painted version of that throne in a Fwoosh video the other day, I think. it looked alright. And was only $70, which is still an ouch, but 10x less of one.

So, Wave 2 of Joes is at Wal-Mart, now. As is the retro line, apparently. Not that I saw anything but Gung Ho and Cobra Commander. Not a single Red Ninja. Did not see the retro ones at all. Didn't even know the first wave was out at all.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A kid in the American horror movie House had a Buzz Off. You can probably make a movie playlist of films with Masters of the Universe toy cameos. House is a fun watch if you haven’t seen it. It’s not as crazy as the Japanese movie of the same name, but it’s still pretty nuts.

Would have enjoyed Indian in the Cupboard more if it was Skeleton Warrior in the Cupboard

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The youngest son in The Great Outdoors had a Sixshot!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That cupboard is all fun and games until somebody puts a Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet in there.

Edit: I was looking for old photos I don’t have on my phone but I know I uploaded here, and just realized this thread is 11 years old :psyduck:

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 28, 2020

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Daaku Shinsei posted:

I saw a 3d printed and painted version of that throne in a Fwoosh video the other day, I think. it looked alright. And was only $70, which is still an ouch, but 10x less of one.

So, Wave 2 of Joes is at Wal-Mart, now. As is the retro line, apparently. Not that I saw anything but Gung Ho and Cobra Commander. Not a single Red Ninja. Did not see the retro ones at all. Didn't even know the first wave was out at all.

I ordered a red ninja off dorkside a couple weeks ago (2 or 3) and it showed up Saturday for me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Does anyone in the thread still need a Baroness? I snagged a spare today.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I've got a spare Baroness too, was hoping to trade it for Troopers but no luck.

Gremlins had a bunch of 80s toys in that scene where Billy chases Stripe into the department store. I distinctly remember some HE-Man and GI Joe making an appearance.

BIG also had a few real toys in the FAO Schwartz piano segment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found a cobra commander at retail but I already have him coming in the mail lol

I snagged Duke tho. That’s about all I found besides heavy Duty. I don’t like his weird gun. I saw Roadblock once. Trying to find him now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve only seen Roadblocks in stores. A comic shop near me posted on Facebook about having the full Wave 1 & 2, but that was yesterday and I assume they’re all gone now.

I know for a fact there’s a local scalper going to every Target around me because I’ve run into him emptying shelves twice in the last week. He pulled that same poo poo on Force Friday last year.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Xenomrph posted:

Does anyone in the thread still need a Baroness? I snagged a spare today.

yo i just lurk in this thread but i can paypal you cost+shipping for her right now, can you hit me up at tunklordextreme at gmail dot com

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Tunklord Supreme posted:

yo i just lurk in this thread but i can paypal you cost+shipping for her right now, can you hit me up at tunklordextreme at gmail dot com

Unfortunately someone else messaged me earlier and claimed her, I’m really sorry :(
I’ll keep an eye out and see if I come across any more in the wild, though.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Open Marriage Night posted:

A kid in the American horror movie House had a Buzz Off. You can probably make a movie playlist of films with Masters of the Universe toy cameos. House is a fun watch if you haven’t seen it. It’s not as crazy as the Japanese movie of the same name, but it’s still pretty nuts.
the first and second house movies are some of my favorite movies of all time.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1310967420560044032?s=20

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Xenomrph posted:

Unfortunately someone else messaged me earlier and claimed her, I’m really sorry :(
I’ll keep an eye out and see if I come across any more in the wild, though.

no worries, i appreciate the update. i'll keep lurking and checking targets 'til i find one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've been seeing you guys complain about store exclusives, having to check multiple stores, just all that rigamarole, and I've been smugly thinking about how the only American toys I want are the Warhammer ones, and I've had all three preordered at my local comic shop since they were announced. No messing with store exclusives for me!

Unpainted Necron. Walmart exclusive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When an unpainted one was posted in here before I thought it was just a prototype, but duh. Now it makes sense.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

When an unpainted one was posted in here before I thought it was just a prototype, but duh. Now it makes sense.

The unpainted Space Marine is general release. Todd said the Necron was going to be a NYC Comic Con exclusive, but since that's not happening it's a Walmart exclusive now instead.

Which means that if this line continues, there's probably going to be retail or convention exclusive unpainted variants of every figure, which will be a pain in the rear end!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wait wtf when did the mcfarlane 40k stuff go up on pre-order?!

gently caress!

This hobby is like the most stressful thing in my life lately, and I literally was working in Covid ICUs in NYC 4 months ago. :smithicide:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fuzz posted:

Wait wtf when did the mcfarlane 40k stuff go up on pre-order?!

gently caress!

This hobby is like the most stressful thing in my life lately, and I literally was working in Covid ICUs in NYC 4 months ago. :smithicide:

Except for the unpainted Necron, they're all still available for preorder on Amazon for MSRP

https://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-Toys-War-Hammer-Figures/dp/B081HXVLH2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=space+marine&qid=1601424323&sr=8-2

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My SH Figuarts Beskar Mandalorian came in... he's very shiny! And SO many accessories. I really like him, I'm glad I skipped on all the other Mando figures that came out.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Very nice. Mine is on the way along with Kaioyodo All Might. Does he come with the flight stand?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I've been seeing you guys complain about store exclusives, having to check multiple stores, just all that rigamarole, and I've been smugly thinking about how the only American toys I want are the Warhammer ones, and I've had all three preordered at my local comic shop since they were announced. No messing with store exclusives for me!

Unpainted Necron. Walmart exclusive.

Could someone please grab one of these if they see them at Walmart for me?

Hell yeah! Thanks man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Duke is a pretty cool figure.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nanigans posted:

Very nice. Mine is on the way along with Kaioyodo All Might. Does he come with the flight stand?

Nah, he doesn't come with a stand unfortunately.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was perusing the FB groups earlier, looking for lighting options and ideas and a lot of people seem to have gotten used retail display cases for the collections, the long rectangular ones with the sliding doors on the back. And man, what a pain in the dick those must be to manage. You can't put them flush up against a wall so they just stick out and take up twice the space a front closing case would. Even if it was super cheap they're just useless for home displays.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I was perusing the FB groups earlier, looking for lighting options and ideas and a lot of people seem to have gotten used retail display cases for the collections, the long rectangular ones with the sliding doors on the back. And man, what a pain in the dick those must be to manage. You can't put them flush up against a wall so they just stick out and take up twice the space a front closing case would. Even if it was super cheap they're just useless for home displays.

Yeah, I've seen that too and it's always struck me as really weird and dumb.

The best display I've seen is similar to an idea I wanted to do, but with Billys instead of Kallaxes: the guy had 3 of them all together along one wall and he bolted them together into one big solid unit because he actually cut out sections of the side walls between them in a staggered pattern all the way down and then had gigantic diorama bases all along each one with each shelf dedicated to a certain line. The entire top was this pretty rad Comic ML battle sequence with all the big names on both sides, then the second shelf was purely Spiderverse vs all of his villains while the smaller one was MCU Spidey, the third shelf was all X-Men with X-Force in the small one, and the bottom one was MCU. It was actually really cool, albeit loving monstrous.

I had always wanted to do a similar thing with a Kallax, except each "cubby" is a different diorama with maybe one shelf cut in half to open up a 2 slot vertical space. The whole thing could be themed as a building, so the lowest level is a sewer dio while the top is a rooftop. The floors in between wouldn't necessarily be themed together... Had planned around one being a dojo while another is a lab, but still... would have been a cool idea... except that now I have a toddler and most figures are boxed/stored away or only on very high shelves, because she gets into everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sounds rad. I've seen guys do neat things where they remove a few of the vertical shelves in a Kallax to make a wider display section. I have no idea how I want to set up the new room, just a vague idea of where the tv and couch will be.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How accurate are the dates on hasbro's site? This is the first time ordering stuff from them and I'm wondering if I should expect a 10/1 date on the site to be accurate or not.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Vaporwave Destro is already out at Forbidden Planet in London.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm still holding out for an Iron Grenadiers Destro. That's MY Destro.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FINALLY managed to snag a He-Man and Skeletor

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yay! I was in a small Ohio town today and they were loaded up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They actually had at least a bunch of He-Man at the nearest Wal-Mart. None of the vintage style Joes, unfortunately, which was what I was looking for (also, you know, groceries).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I was in the small town seeing my dad and there's a huge flea market/collectibles place that I've been trying to check out for a while but they never seem to be open. I stopped today and waited for 20 minutes past their opening time but nobody showed up.

AND I COULD SEE A CASTLE GRAYSKULL THROUGH THE WINDOW drat IT

So that was a bummer.

Edit: but I bought a weapon less Terror Claws Skeletor for $20 and repro claws are $25 so thats a win.

Edit 2: This pile showed up yesterday!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 1, 2020

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

If anyone is interested...

https://twitter.com/ghostbusters/status/1311353989682749441?s=21

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Ugh Hasbro ship my snake eyes DX already. :cry:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So I was in the small town seeing my dad and there's a huge flea market/collectibles place that I've been trying to check out for a while but they never seem to be open. I stopped today and waited for 20 minutes past their opening time but nobody showed up.

AND I COULD SEE A CASTLE GRAYSKULL THROUGH THE WINDOW drat IT

So that was a bummer.

Edit: but I bought a weapon less Terror Claws Skeletor for $20 and repro claws are $25 so thats a win.

Edit 2: This pile showed up yesterday!

Good lord. We need to see a MotU collection video or pics when you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For sure. But I haven't even started building the new room yet, flooring has to go in then trim and then i can reassemble the detolf army.