Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

What have I done

I don't know but don't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RichterIX posted:

Is FF12 easy enough to beat (haven't decided if I want to do the extra bosses and stuff like that or not) without optimizing like a crazy person? I googled character builds out of curiosity and the theorycrafting made my head explode so I kind of just want to make the characters have the jobs that make sense for them without worrying about minmaxing

you only have to setup gambit optimization for the super bosses and poo poo. i dunno if they removed it in the remaster, but theres a cool grind spot very early on in the mines that you can get leveled to 99 in an hour or two with a spefic gambit set that i cant remember what right now (last played it in 2007 so...) but made the last boss super loving easy but the last super boss took 8 hours real time to beat :shepicide:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If dating had genres, Bust Rodd would be exclusively into Momlikes.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

If dating had genres, Bust Rodd would be exclusively into Momlikes.

i prefer momlites

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is an incroedipal experience for PS4 gamers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Momtroidvanias

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Baggot posted:

Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is an incroedipal experience for PS4 gamers.

good contender for thread title

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Straight into the nosebleeds.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Baggot posted:

give that man a small cigar

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Baggot posted:

Saving this thread title for later.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think this thread has turned around and it's going into the postseason.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Momtroidvanias

done:

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

amazing chest ahead!

that reminds me, have y'all played mortal shells and how good is it? i'm one of those dark souls snobs who just writes other games off on account of not being similar enough to dark souls or being too similar to dark souls, but i've heard good things about mortal shell

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
13 seems like a good game that is getting attention

For unrelated mom loving but goons have gone in weirder directions

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mox Hombre posted:

amazing chest ahead!

that reminds me, have y'all played mortal shells and how good is it? i'm one of those dark souls snobs who just writes other games off on account of not being similar enough to dark souls or being too similar to dark souls, but i've heard good things about mortal shell

It's good, worth the cheap price

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Lab coats dont behave like that btw

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bust Rodd posted:

Both my mother and my girlfriend are built like this IRL (assuming this woman is like 5’3),

quote:

is “a totally normal person with big tits” considered a shameful design now?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Baggot posted:

:monocle:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t fully get the joke (assume the photo is a reference to something I am not aware of) but this is all very funny nonetheless

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Seriously though 13 Sentinels is full of relatable characters who care about each other and it's just a really feel-good experience across the whole game.

Except for the one abusive gay relationship, but that is also handled in a very interesting and believable way.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Was there any release date or month for the PS5 version of Cyberpunk? I can't find anything online.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t fully get the joke (assume the photo is a reference to something I am not aware of) but this is all very funny nonetheless

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1955

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Escobarbarian posted:

Microwave was a poster who had a hot mom. Microwave's mom became a meme.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

13 Sentinels is utterly baffling and fantastic in equal measures. I would describe it as a must play if you like visual novels. I enjoy the combat but right now its locked behind me finding a character prologue I don't have yet, so its a looooot of reading.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Housh posted:

Was there any release date or month for the PS5 version of Cyberpunk? I can't find anything online.

next gen is at "a later date" but the ps4/xbox1 versions will run in "enhanced" mode on ps5 from day1

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Vikar Jerome posted:

next gen is at "a later date" but the ps4/xbox1 versions will run in "enhanced" mode on ps5 from day1

It’s a real problem for me. It seems like the wait is between 4-7 months, but the next gen version is going to look way better. I think someone said console at release will be medium PC settings, next gen release in 2021 is high and ultra will be PC only. Torn on waiting and not waiting.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Shammypants posted:

It’s a real problem for me. It seems like the wait is between 4-7 months, but the next gen version is going to look way better. I think someone said console at release will be medium PC settings, next gen release in 2021 is high and ultra will be PC only. Torn on waiting and not waiting.

keep in mind, saves may or may not work between the ps4/ps5 version either going by two other games right now. however, it is cdpr who have cross-console/pc saves going on for witcher 3 so, who knows?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm going to wait for the PS5 versions of Cyberpunk and Yakuza 7. Maybe I'll get good at Demon's Souls by then.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They have Switch/PC cross-save for Witcher 3, which is really good.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Shammypants posted:

that's someone making things up that sound plausible.
it wont be that clean a divide. texture settings for next gen after patch will likely be in line with the absolute top end of pc because of more flexible streaming from the disk, volumetric light settings even on the ps5 will likely be in line with a much lower pc setting because it just doesn't have the juice. etc etc.

I'm holding out for the ps5 versions of yakuza & cyberpunk too. A little bit of discipline will help make the transition to next gen feel a little more exciting for me.. I'm kind of ignoring that they have ps4 releases.
Will probably get cyberpunk close before the patch is out but close enough that I get a mid-playthrough upgrade.

fridge corn posted:

When it comes to the Outer Worlds I think I am actually more disappointed in myself than the game since I pride myself in finding fun in insanely mediocre games. However it is just so dull, the combat is trivial even though some of the guns are fun to shoot and it still suffers from bethesda syndrome where every location is identical with identical enemies and identical loot strewn about everywhere. I just got to Monarch and feel like I've seen everything in the game already
I felt like that towards the end of monarch... you're in for a rough time. It took me 32 hours to beat and 20 of those hours were on monarch. right at the very end of the game, in the last 4/5 hours, you go to a new planet with actually unique architecture but by then I was so loving sick of the game I plowed through to the end sequence just to get it over with. barely remember anything aside from being annoyed and trying to remember what the main plot was.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 29, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They have Switch/PC cross-save for Witcher 3, which is really good.

wait, what? I can continue my PC run on the switch?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tuo posted:

Yep!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tuo posted:

Yeah I think it's the only console version that has cross-save with PC

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

deep Bust Rodd lore ITT :eyepop:

balls deep

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In Ghost of Tsushima, is it possible to beat the Khan in the very first battle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

Will probably get cyberpunk close before the patch is out but close enough that I get a mid-playthrough upgrade.

That’s gambling on cross-gen save compatibility being a thing, which so far it sounds like it won’t be. Sony have said no to Spider-Man and Sega have said Yakuza 7 won’t have it either.