Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/icotom/status/1309519801904230400

This thread has a translation of that french article about Ancel. Doesn't seem like there's any sexual harassment but, again dude was probably aware of what was going on at other parts of Ubisoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

egg tats posted:

I think the more telling thing is that Yoko Taro seems completely allergic to any degree of celebrity. he wants to be known basically only for his work to the point that he just uses emils face instead of his own. step one of being a huge creepo to fans seems to be building up a cult of personality which is hard to do when you're a skeleton.

(i won't be shocked if kojima turns out to be a sex freak for exactly this reason, but I also don't think he'd let down his buddy Guillermo like that so)

Guillermo del Toro was 100% okay with casting the Speed Racer guy as the new voice for Jim in his netflix cartoon, and the Speed Racer guy, whassisface, choked a woman half to death at a hollywood party in front of dozens of witnesses.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DoctorWhat posted:

Guillermo del Toro was 100% okay with casting the Speed Racer guy as the new voice for Jim in his netflix cartoon, and the Speed Racer guy, whassisface, choked a woman half to death at a hollywood party in front of dozens of witnesses.

thats just hollywood in general sadly. there are some things you can do to get blacklisted from hollywood but its very rarely anything to do with being a weird sex rapist/assulter. i mean look how many clap for woody allen or Polansky. beating the poo poo out of a woman infront of dozens wouldnt amount to poo poo to them.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
lol the only surefire way to get blacklisted from Hollywood is to openly name the sex creeps and abusers

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Endorph posted:

like we've had plenty of instances of dudes who made awkwardly horny games being outed as abusers

Yeah, all the dudes who come out of the woodworks to smirk about how actually the horny 50 year old japanese game devs are the most innocent ones conveniently forget all the dudes like Tomonobu Itagaki that have been accused of sexual harassment in the pre-MeToo era and quietly slipped out of the spotlight afterward as a result.

dogstile posted:

Sure, but if someone gives you the creeps when you interact with them, there's probably a reason.

The reason is confirmation bias of your own prejudices. You don't have magical mind-reading powers, especially not for complete strangers you observe at a distance through edited videos and curated social media posts, and acting like everyone you personally dislike must have a dark secret is how you wind up in Qanon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

800peepee51doodoo posted:

lol the only surefire way to get blacklisted from Hollywood is to openly name the sex creeps and abusers

its that or the story is too big and towards to many big name people.

Sleeveless posted:

Yeah, all the dudes who come out of the woodworks to smirk about how actually the horny 50 year old japanese game devs are the most innocent ones conveniently forget all the dudes like Tomonobu Itagaki that have been accused of sexual harassment in the pre-MeToo era and quietly slipped out of the spotlight afterward as a result.

i think it was mostly people saying that exclusively about yoko taro(least thats what i meant) I am sure there are plenty of sex monster japanese devs.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

There is literally no way to know that someone is an abuser if their victim doesn't come forward. Zero. That's the entire point of the movement, the entire point of saying "Believe victims". It could be the extraordinarily generous and polite manager, it could be the man who obviously treats the women around him like eye candy and creates a hostile work environment in the process. It could be a completely average seeming woman who was having sex with an young boy. It could be Yoko Taro. It could be the guy who stands around home depot's parking lot waiting for someone to hire him for an odd job. Nobody knows, until the victims come out and say something.

So, how do you folks, who say "X person would never do it", think that victims feel when they read you say that? Do you think that's a helpful statement to make? Or do you think that it might cause victims to think, "nobody would believe me if I said anything, they all love this person".

Don't speculate about who may or may not be an abuser. I know you're saying "none of those victims will read this thread on a dying forum", but if you say things like that here then maybe you do it in real life too, and maybe it affects the victims of the small time non-famous abusers who are around you. So just stop.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

VostokProgram posted:

So, how do you folks, who say "X person would never do it", think that victims feel when they read you say that?

Is anyone saying this?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah, people were just saying that about Yoko Taro, there was literally just a post saying "Hideo Kojima would be an abuser, but Yoko Taro never would be." I'd quote it but phone posting lol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Yeah, people were just saying that about Yoko Taro, there was literally just a post saying "Hideo Kojima would be an abuser, but Yoko Taro never would be." I'd quote it but phone posting lol.

i think its less taro could never be and more id be weirdly surprised. i wouldnt be that shocked with kojima.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yeah people approaching #NotAllMen with their favourite game developers is pretty bad.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I would be shocked if Kojima WASN'T a pervert

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
^^^^
no one would ever suggest kojima isn't a sex pervert, just afaik he's not an abusive one

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm assuming you were talking about my post, where I said that I'd be surprised if Yoko Taro was a secret abuser, because he seems to hate celebrity, and people who tend to get outed as huge abusers tend to build a wall of celebrity around themselves (even if it's just in their specific subculture, like that smash bros guy from a few pages ago). I also pointed out that I'd be less surprised by kojima getting called out because he has cultivated that air of celebrity about him. And I was making the comparison, because someone said "being horny on main means you're not an abuser" which is frankly just untrue.

could Yoko Taro be an abuser? I mean, yeah, obviously I'd never say otherwise. He's a deeply horny, cis (as far as I know), straight (probably) dude, those are already yellow flags. Could Kojima not be an abuser? obviously yes, he's a human and therefore might have the shred of empathy and kindness required to not do a sexual assault.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

egg tats fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 29, 2020

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah. I've measured his skull and the Rape Center of his brain is unusually large

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its less taro could never be and more id be weirdly surprised. i wouldnt be that shocked with kojima.

but that's still dumb

stop being weird about this topic, goons

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RottenK posted:

but that's still dumb

stop being weird about this topic, goons

ok sure. sorry.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Edit: joke was upsetting people, so I've removed it

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 29, 2020

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Bug Squash posted:

Personally I choose to believe the pointandclickbait article about Kojima jokingly, but increasingly insistently, suggesting that Mads Mikkleson and Norman Reedus kiss was accidentally true.

What are you trying to say here?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like how after a rape victim told you guys you were being loving weirdos you just kept making the same points repeatedly.

none of you have a single shred of empathy for victims and nobody gives a single solitary poo poo about the imaginary loving war you've made up in your head between the good goofy japanese autuer game dev guy and the bad one. shut the gently caress up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*staring at 2b's fat rear end* this is a marxist, anti-rape fat video game rear end

*staring at quiet's fat rear end* this is the sexist, pro-sexual assault fat video game rear end

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Endorph posted:

*staring at 2b's fat rear end* this is a marxist, anti-rape fat video game rear end

*staring at quiet's fat rear end* this is the sexist, pro-sexual assault fat video game rear end

are you okay

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

What are you trying to say here?

I was joking about the article in the joke magazine, but I've misjudged the tone so I'll edit out the post.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

are you okay
Better than some of the posters in this thread, in a cosmic sense.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Endorph posted:

Better than some of the posters in this thread, in a cosmic sense.

you can't possibly know that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

you can't possibly know that
oh, but i can *ominous music begins to play*

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

egg tats posted:

He's a deeply horny (as far as I know) cis (probably) straight dude, those are already yellow flags.

This might be the best thing I've ever seen posted on this site.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait

cis (probably)?????

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

are those parenthesis supposed to be one adjective over to the right or something

"deeply horny (as far as I know)" as if yoko taro will one day take his mask off and say as seriously as possible "actually, i've never been horny in my life"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Endorph posted:

wait

cis (probably)?????

statistically

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
thread, pull up :eng99:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Color Printer posted:

are those parenthesis supposed to be one adjective over to the right or something

"deeply horny (as far as I know)" as if yoko taro will one day take his mask off and say as seriously as possible "actually, i've never been horny in my life"

I should stop posting while I'm at work, yeah there should be commas before the parentheticals, separating it better

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

speculating who may or may not be a sex pest based on anything other than direct testimony from people who have interacted with them is extremely gross and unhelpful and undermines the point of this thread and should stop immediately and never happen again imo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

speculating who may or may not be a sex pest based on anything other than direct testimony from people who have interacted with them is extremely gross and unhelpful and undermines the point of this thread and should stop immediately and never happen again imo

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well on the plus side a page of new posts didn't reveal any new awful people, so... thanks for that I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I bet yoko taro hangs his toilet paper the wrong way

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

there has to be an excel formula to find sex pests... there just has to!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

there has to be an excel formula to find sex pests... there just has to!!!
i'll make the wiki

graventy posted:

Well on the plus side a page of new posts didn't reveal any new awful people, so... thanks for that I guess.

i'm not certain about this tho