Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Even if you missed the direct you should check this out, real cool animation and best part of the presentation.

Also creepy rear end Prof. Oak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

forced rental is very dumb for a game that seems to be largely about catching and training.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This music video is just incredible, fantastic work. Stacked to high hell with amazing talent in the industry.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm completely astounded by how good this is, especially since it feels like it came out of nowhere. There's just so much going on in every frame.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

This video perfectly encapsulates why I will always love Pokémon, warts and all.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Galarian Slowking is horrifying

Which is why it rules

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

BearDrivingTruck posted:

This video perfectly encapsulates why I will always love Pokémon, warts and all.

:hfive: Same here. I actually got a little teary eyed. :unsmith:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That music video was clearly made by fans with love. Even D-list characters like the girls in dresses from the XY Battle Tower appear.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/tahk0/status/1310932675578851330?s=21

There's so much love in this video, it's insane.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

RatHat posted:

For whatever reason Dynamax Adventures are rentals only

lol this is going to be so terrible. can't wait to larp as Sophie's Maractus instead of using, you know, the mons i caught myself, which is what the game is about

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

Watch them actually release the games as Pokemon Sword EX and Shield EX with the DLC included a year after Tundra's released. :v:

i was close

also a comment on the music video got me: "There's a movie on TV. Four boys are walking on railroad tracks.… I'd better go, too ....."

that's a hell of a reference, dang

Framboise fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 29, 2020

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Man if they were worried about adventires being too easy they could have limited levels or certain pokemon from entering instead of making it a rental team.

Framboise posted:

i was close

Your guess was spot on but like its super normal for games to get releases that have the base game plus expansions later.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 29, 2020

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

At 2:17, who are the four girls On the right billboard?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Galarian Slowking was everything I'd hoped it would be.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Those are the four girls that run the Battle Chateau in X and Y

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrew_1985 posted:

The battle chatelaines from Gen 6, right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Andrew_1985 posted:

They're the chatelains from XY/ORAS Battle Maison

I don't blame you for forgetting they exist like everyone else does

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

everything happened much too fast to recognize anyone except lillie and i think the N guy and nessa

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Holy gently caress that music video made me so nostalgic, also Studio Bones's animation is godly as usual and the song is enjoyable as well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the guy I thought was N was apparently green

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Ash Pikachu code for Sword/Shield: P1KACHUGET

This is supposed to be one of eight.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
As someone with like 90% of a hidden ability dex, I'm torn on ability patch. I feel a little like I wasted my time gathering these mons across many games, some not so great (looking at you dream radar), but on the other hand I can finish the dang thing. Also, availability for battle relevant variants is also good.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The secret best news from that is finally proper Pokemon Go connectivity! I have almost 200 dang shinies in that game and at least 3/4 of them are just clogging up my boxes. I don't even care if I can't use all of them in Galar; I just want to dump them somewhere that doesn't charge money for extra storage! :argh:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's a bummer that the Melmetals I already have in Sword/Shield apparently will never be able to use the gigamax soup. I have a shiny one! It was a big pain in the rear end to get it!

Still, better that everyone has a chance at one w/o having to buy a new thing, I suppose.

CubeTheory posted:

As someone with like 90% of a hidden ability dex, I'm torn on ability patch. I feel a little like I wasted my time gathering these mons across many games, some not so great (looking at you dream radar), but on the other hand I can finish the dang thing. Also, availability for battle relevant variants is also good.

Are there any unobtainable hidden-ability 'mons that this could theoretically open up? I'm assuming they're not going to add hidden abilities to, say, Eternatus, but are there any starters that never got a hidden ability release or anything like that?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Bobulus posted:

Are there any unobtainable hidden-ability 'mons that this could theoretically open up? I'm assuming they're not going to add hidden abilities to, say, Eternatus, but are there any starters that never got a hidden ability release or anything like that?

The fossil pokemon are the only ones I can think of currently that don't have their HAs released.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Silver Falcon posted:

The secret best news from that is finally proper Pokemon Go connectivity! I have almost 200 dang shinies in that game and at least 3/4 of them are just clogging up my boxes. I don't even care if I can't use all of them in Galar; I just want to dump them somewhere that doesn't charge money for extra storage! :argh:

Bad news! Word on the grapevine is that moving any Go pokemon to Home will cost coins. If true, it will literally cost money to move mons to Home on top of the already existing subscription.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1310957869798481924

Every day the Pokemon Company gives me another reason to hate them.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I guess Arctozolt will be a real terror on hail teams now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/shofu/status/1310964200651456512

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Thunderblunder7/status/1310968380812341252

Welcome to hell.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So I had a question about the Tundra expansion: are the only adding in the legendries, or will other Pokemon be added as well?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

CubeTheory posted:

Hidden abilities gotten via the item won't be breedable I assume

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Willo567 posted:

So I had a question about the Tundra expansion: are the only adding in the legendries, or will other Pokemon be added as well?

Other pokemon as well. A Nidoking was shown in the trailer

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Hammerite posted:

Hidden abilities gotten via the item won't be breedable I assume

yeah, i'd assume it works the same way as mints, where they get the effect of the change but can't pass it down.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Willo567 posted:

They're adding other Pokemon as well. We've seen quite a few shown off that are fan favorites like the Nidos, Garchomp, Absol etc along with some more esoteric picks like Aurorus.

We also get two brand new Regis

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Saoshyant posted:

Bad news! Word on the grapevine is that moving any Go pokemon to Home will cost coins. If true, it will literally cost money to move mons to Home on top of the already existing subscription.

Oh son of a BITCH. Can Pokemon Go tone down the money-grubbing bullshit for even half a second? :argh: Now I am mad again.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Serebii is keeping track of what pokemon have been seen returning. The list there is probably not exhaustive.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

That music video is like nostalgia crack.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how it's rendered at 360p and then blown up to 1080p

Gotta have that 90's crunchy vhs feel for maximum nostalgia

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Super No Vacancy posted:

everything happened much too fast to recognize anyone except lillie and i think the N guy and nessa
all of the champions got a couple frames of screentime except for iris, who was only allowed to show her arms

Saoshyant posted:

oh that's just loving gross

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Ash Pikachu code for Sword/Shield: P1KACHUGET

This is supposed to be one of eight.

1CH00SEY0U is also live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blaziken386 posted:

all of the champions got a couple frames of screentime except for iris, who was only allowed to show her arms

Her arm, singular. The other arm in that shot is Alder's, who gets the same treatment.