Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ravenkult posted:

Noted country, Europe.

No one has referred to Europe as a country, the original tweet says "continent"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Meanwhile, Doyle from The Misfits is still shredded.

Doyle is cool as hell in every interview I've seen

He's still just stoked that he was a roadie they let in the band, and says "yeah I can't even play guitar, I know my songs and that's it"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

hawowanlawow posted:

He's still just stoked that he was a roadie they let in the band, and says "yeah I can't even play guitar, I know my songs and that's it"

He was a bit more than a roadie. He's Jerry Only's little brother.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

No one has referred to Europe as a country, the original tweet says "continent"

Noted country, continent.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Simple fix, just make the car even taller so children harmlessly fit underneath it. Then as long as they avoid the tires they're fine.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Europe is a subcontinent at best

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Europe is a subcontinent at best

I actually agree with this. Europe and Asia are the same loving landmass so let's just cut the poo poo.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they could call it "Eurasia"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I uh, what?

I mean...children grow! At some point they’ll be tall enough to be seen, but that they’re too short for that until then is inevitable?

I mean I know what thread this is but am I missing something here?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

BigglesSWE posted:

I uh, what?

I mean...children grow! At some point they’ll be tall enough to be seen, but that they’re too short for that until then is inevitable?

Original person was mad that the truck is huge and poses a larger danger to their kids. Toyota missed that.

If you are in the same Twitter circles I am, where studies showing that huge trucks are incredibly deadly are regularly posted, this would be obvious.

zakharov has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Sep 29, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BigglesSWE posted:

I uh, what?

That car is loving huge for no good reason and has a massive, insanely dangerous blind spot in the normal direction of travel. Toyota execs should be murdered for making it but instead their social media intern was all "lol huge car!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

BigglesSWE posted:

I uh, what?

What can the driver see? What can he not see?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

zakharov posted:

Original person was mad that the truck is huge and poses a larger danger to their kids. Toyota missed that.

Yeah well I guess they’re both idiots then.

Try not to buy a huge Toyota if that’s something to be concerned about.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Uh, I think you're still missing it.

For example his children could be crossing the street and someone else driving the car could hit them because they literally couldn't see that there was anyone crossing in front of them.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

but ameirca truck got ot be big otherwise is not real truck.

small truck not allowed, illegal in america.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

BigglesSWE posted:

Who says it's his?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BigglesSWE posted:

I uh, what?

Trucks shouldn't be that tall, there's no reason for it and it's a huge loving safety hazard.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

BigglesSWE posted:

I don't think that's his truck.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BigglesSWE posted:

Did someone run over your head with a huge Toyota or were you born like this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

people won't give up their guns to save kids, they ain't gonna give up their bubba trucks either

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s not even really possible to buy small trucks in the US anymore. If you actually need a truck for work or whatever, tough poo poo, you get a bro truck.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

zakharov posted:

I don't think that's his truck.

Ah, well that changes things!

I don’t have a license and If you want to remove needlessly big cars with safety hazards I’m all for that. I just read it as someone who bought a huge car and then complained that their car was huge. That’s on me.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
american streets are designed pretty poorly and american drivers generally display a barely concealed disdain for anyone on foot or a bicycle

surprising nobody, america has really bad stats when it comes to pedestrian and cyclist deaths

when it comes to children specifically, one leading cause of injury is people backing over their own kids in their driveway, and this is the secret real reason why most new cars are mandated to have rear cameras which show the driver this blind spot

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Cultural appropriation is inherently negative. This is when you misuse an element of cultural significance, like a Native American head dress or a Scottish clan tartan or Pacific Islander face tattoos. Anything that contains personal or tribal history as part of its expression. Things that would be a crime if the appropriated party had any ability to enforce it, like how stolen valor or even copying the Burberry pattern without a license is very illegal.

The weird thing about Clan Tartans is that's it's cultural appropriation in it's entirety. They simply didn't exist before the 19th Century and were invented for the burgeoning tourist industry in Scotland. Writers like Walter Scott invented a lot of the 'history' of Scotland. Your Clan Whatever tartan was invented to sell to tourists.

As Billy Connolly once said, Scotland is the only country in the world where people buy their own tourist tat.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Aramoro posted:

Writers like Walter Scott invented a lot of the 'history' of Scotland.

Why do you think it's called Scotland :smug:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I cannot think of a single reason for the average person to own a truck.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Takoluka posted:

I was born on a mountain and raised in a cave

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's big so if you wreck it driving drunk you aren't the one who is gonna die

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Takoluka posted:

There's dozens of jobs and hobbies that make them useful.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

It always annoys me when I ask for a glass of water in a pub and they fill a glass with ice and top it off with water. Especially in winter. Why do I have to specifically remember to say "no ice" when I never asked for ice in the first place? :argh:

So you're upset they put water in your water?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hawowanlawow posted:

It's big so if you wreck it driving drunk you aren't the one who is gonna die

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1301248999031275526

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skwirl posted:

The law should be if someone you know owns a truck, they have to help you move.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Skwirl posted:

I said "average person," not just anyone.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Takoluka posted:

You talk a lot of big game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

captainOrbital posted:

You talk a lot of big game

*sweats and sweeps Ford Ranger under rug*

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How ironic that the Japanese, such a small people, make such a surprisingly large truck.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s not even really possible to buy small trucks in the US anymore. If you actually need a truck for work or whatever, tough poo poo, you get a bro truck.

High bed heights are so loving terrible for actually loading/unloading poo poo from.

I like to pull my old Ranger up next to all the bro trucks at the hardware store, and load 1000lbs of lumber and concrete in the bed, while the dude next to me clambers up his rear bu per and throws a stick of PVC pipe and a 2x4 into his quad-cab dually RAM 3500 with less usable bed space.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I was born on a mountain and raised in a cave

I scale my F150 at all weigh stations, so everyone knows it's a real truck, and that truckin' and fuckin' ARE really all I crave.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Speaking as a new homeowner who's got a ton of poo poo to renovate I kinda wish I had a truck to be honest.

Might just get a trailer hitch installed on my car instead I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

The weird thing about Clan Tartans is that's it's cultural appropriation in it's entirety. They simply didn't exist before the 19th Century and were invented for the burgeoning tourist industry in Scotland. Writers like Walter Scott invented a lot of the 'history' of Scotland. Your Clan Whatever tartan was invented to sell to tourists.

As Billy Connolly once said, Scotland is the only country in the world where people buy their own tourist tat.

Tartans are one of the best examples of negative cultural appropriation. Scots did make and wear tartans maybe even going back to before Roman times, and different patterns may have had different regional associations which may have been starting to turn to clan/military associations during the 18th century. Then the English passed a law banning tartan (and other Gaelic customs) as a way to suppress Scottish independence during the Jacobite rebellions.Then forty years later after the Jacobites imploded, the law was repealed after a bunch of rich fucks in London lobbied for it, leading to it becoming a fashionable craze with spawned the whole false history with clan tartans and all that stuff.

So the Scots had a product of their culture, the tartan, banned by the English as a direct attack on their cultural identity as Scots. Then when the threat of Scottish rebellions was gone, the English brought Tartans back and invented a whole fanciful history for them that flattered the English image of highland Scots and their culture.