Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

i had to wake up early for a meeting which since time is relative means lunch is later in the day

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

beer pal posted:

i had to wake up early for a meeting which since time is relative means lunch is later in the day

i find this position interesting since i don't eat until noon, so I guess technically i just had breakfast, and my prior response should be stricken from the record.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

coffee and medicine can be breakfast

sig by owlhawk911

Prof. Crocodile

pixaal posted:

coffee and medicine can be breakfast

well now idk what to think

sb hermit

pixaal posted:

I saw them yesterday

hmm, yes, the gateway drug is indeed

which I hear you can "white box" or build it yourself!

Escape From Noise

X post from TC but, my dudes, I am very high for the first time in a while and enjoying the hell out of a C.C. Lemon (元気よう出して!). Luv u all

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

X post from TC but, my dudes, I am very high for the first time in a while and enjoying the hell out of a C.C. Lemon (元気よう出して!). Luv u all

Hell yeah SWR :weedass: be safe and fun

In other news I am finding a lack of posting inspiration again, having trouble getting into threads. I think the 420 drug may help but i've decided to wait untill the weedkend this week to get low to the ground, crawling like an ant.

However, something that takes place this evening may make me run to the hallway and use a tiny ballpeen hammer to break the glass on my "incase of emergency" cabinet with a single, perfectly rolled joint inside of it that is mounted in the hallway of my house so it is centrally located and easily accessible in the case of encroaching negative vibes.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's okay to take a break from posting while not feeling. The good posting vibes will return with time!

sig by owlhawk911

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thank you all for thoughts and info on smilies, I will def consider making a thread about it, but since it involves appealing upwards I think I'll wait until the sale is officially through.

On that note, FP crew has been biding its time very patiently all summer but we're starting to come back together again now, it feels really nice.

Sig by Heather Papps

VideoGames

Prof. Crocodile posted:

what type of tenrec? is it the kind with the bright punk rock Mohawk quills?

a winsy little common tenrec. small and cute. Called pie.

FluffieDuckie posted:

huh. a gamer that likes hedgehogs. :shrug:

:aaaa: this is entirely a coinkydink, I assure you

tao of lmao

i'm a gamer

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

tao of lmao posted:

i'm a gamer

Hell, same

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

tao of lmao

luv 2 game

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i gamed, once

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

BoldFrankensteinMir

what multiplayer games do the yobbers play together these days? It'd be fun to set up a server and play something really niche and ridiculous like one of the antique 2d Worms games, or TES3MP.

Sig by Heather Papps

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

what multiplayer games do the yobbers play together these days? It'd be fun to set up a server and play something really niche and ridiculous like one of the antique 2d Worms games, or TES3MP.
i would be VERY down for this, or something like terraria

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

BoldFrankensteinMir

blaise rascal posted:

i would be VERY down for this, or something like terraria

I never got very far in Terraria, that'd be cool. There's always Minecraft but, honestly, after 3 attempts now I'm thinking my dream of holding a group of 5-10 players together on a Realm long enough to build a truly phenomenal city-state are just never going to happen, something always scuttles it.

We could also embrace our inner 4-year-olds and play ROBLOX

Sig by Heather Papps

VideoGames
you ask me if I like playing video games? I will just smile knowingly.

http://i.imgur.com/mTvnWBy.gif

Prof. Crocodile

one of the zoomers at work told me about some kind of an ad-hoc quick-play games platform that sounded p. cool. i will have to find out what that was. although i worry it will only support league of legends or clash of clans or whatever.

Chewbecca

I used to be not-too-bad at Worms Armageddon :shobon:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nut

r we talking about gaming ya i game i played phasmaphobia last night and was too scared to turn the lights off so what it's gaming u don't get it grandma

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

I used to be not-too-bad at Worms Armageddon :shobon:

I used to play this free-to-play worms-like game called gunbound, with one of the most powerful vehicles.

It looked like a spider and could fire powerful projectiles that could burrow under the ground (but did not destroy terrain) and come back up and explode once it hit the surface. It did incredible damage but was obviously hard to use. Once you got in a good shot, it's easier to dial in successive attacks to continue to ruin your opponent. Despite the fact that this knowledge is available to everyone, you are still generally ignored until the opponents realize that you can aim worth a drat.

alnilam

Oh man i used to play hella worms as well as gumbound, such a fun format

alnilam

Iirc gunbound was more like scorched earth than worms (though both are artillery games), in that it had just one tank per player and not as much movement, right?

sb hermit

alnilam posted:

Iirc gunbound was more like scorched earth than worms (though both are artillery games), in that it had just one tank per player and not as much movement, right?

Definitely a limited amount of movement and one tank per player.

You could move, but not far. And you were limited to the two kinds of attacks that were specific to the vehicle you chose before the round starts.

sb hermit

if you were dead, you could still periodically drop bombs on enemies. It was a bit tricky since they were dropped from a great height and you had to account for wind. If you hit them, it did a small fraction (uh, 5% or 1% of hp?) of damage but you were generally more of an annoyance than a real threat.

Evil Bob

I like rocket league, as does my attention span. Haven't played for a few months, but I would be more than happy to play with yobs.

Other than that I play mostly single player games these days, but I'd totally be into playing multiplayer games with friends.

nut

Evil Bob posted:

I like rocket league, as does my attention span. Haven't played for a few months, but I would be more than happy to play with yobs.

Other than that I play mostly single player games these days, but I'd totally be into playing multiplayer games with friends.

rocket league what's that

Jinh

i want to like rocket league so very bad, it should be my favorite game ever, but i keep bouncing off of it. i play a lot of final fantasy xiv, but that's mostly inertia from 6 previous years of it.

if we do games together it should be something simple and silly with very little buy-in, preferably free so anyone can join. like a free mario kart or soemthing...

idk how big lobbies can get in RL but that could work since its free now

Jinh fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 30, 2020

thanks so much cda <3

Chewbecca

Words By Post counts as a game fyi :shehuck:

Ass-penny

I'm also partial to single player games. Even games made to be multiplayer, I typically try to do it alone instead. Example: the now defunct Shadowrun: Boston Lockdown. I remember starting the first DLC and how much harder it got. Like human players had the advantage of being able to use two weapon skills but if you just controlled computer made bots instead of playing with other people you only got one weapon skill with each, and that carried me through the initial game but it was basically impossible to do the "infected" missions. Once I got over myself and crewed up with other people I learned a lot about the game and actually everyone was super nice and helpful for the most part.

Evil Bob

nut posted:

rocket league what's that

:yaybutt:

Chewbecca

Just so we're clear, if nobody posts in my webring thread I will cry forever :cry:

Evil Bob

Chewbecca posted:

Just so we're clear, if nobody posts in my webring thread I will cry forever :cry:

I almost did, but my post felt a little too :getin: so i decided to let it go forever into the pasture where all of my canceled posts go to live out their unposted days

Chewbecca

Evil Bob posted:

I almost did, but my post felt a little too :getin: so i decided to let it go forever into the pasture where all of my canceled posts go to live out their unposted days

Post it! Post the reply! Don't make me come over there! :toughguy:

BoldFrankensteinMir

rear end-penny posted:

I'm also partial to single player games. Even games made to be multiplayer, I typically try to do it alone instead. Example: the now defunct Shadowrun: Boston Lockdown. I remember starting the first DLC and how much harder it got. Like human players had the advantage of being able to use two weapon skills but if you just controlled computer made bots instead of playing with other people you only got one weapon skill with each, and that carried me through the initial game but it was basically impossible to do the "infected" missions. Once I got over myself and crewed up with other people I learned a lot about the game and actually everyone was super nice and helpful for the most part.

I'm the same way, I beat the Hoboverlord AND the Slime Queen by myself in Kingdom of Loathing as a 1-man-guild. It took a ridiculous number of turns but I had maxed out superfoods and superbooze and ubergear from like 40 reincarnations so I could just barely do it. It was a very silly way to game for like 2 years.

The thing that got me thinking about gaming with y'all was this mod for Morrowind (one of the all-time great obsessive 1-player games). It lets you DM adventures for heavy roleplaying groups in this new Multiplayer mod for OpenMW which is apparently getting really stable and a lot of classic mod support, so a very rich community of craziness. And of course I immediately think, is there a goon TES3MP server already, there must be somewhere, right?

I've yet to see it but I haven't looked too hard- I can easily see losing 1000 hours to something like that and I should probably not just run headfirst into the free gamer heroin forums my first week back at regular posting. But drat if I haven't been thinking about it...

Sig by Heather Papps

Evil Bob

*heads toward the emergency joint located in the glass box in the hallway with tiny ball peen hammer in hand*

Evil Bob

chill levels will be restored yobbers. I apologize if any lines were crossed

Evil Bob

I have learned that storing a joint to be smoked in a glass box that will be smashed with a hammer immediately before hand is NOT the right way to go about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Evil Bob posted:

I have learned that storing a joint to be smoked in a glass box that will be smashed with a hammer immediately before hand is NOT the right way to go about it.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!